Foreshadowing; Dueling, Mounts, Gliding/Wings

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Im noticing a trend with some highly asked requestes that virtually most people want (except a very vocal forum minority)

- “We want wings!”
-“Nope, dont bring AION here. Wings break immersion. Nobody would buy it!”
+++Anet introduces wings+++ Haters hate. Most players (me included) are happy, Anet makes $$$, haters accept it like they accepted shortbows that shoot unicorns and supersaiyan charrs.

“We want flying of some sort!”
“No, flying isnt meant for this game! This isnt WoW. Never gonna happen”

+++Anet introduces Gliding+++. Hint hint, wings introduced before to soften the blow to that vocal minority. Most players are happy, Anet makes money, haters adapt and even cheer gliding.

“We want mounts!”
“Nope. Mounts dont go with this game, this isnt WoW, use WP”

+++Anet introduces riding mobs, hinthint, just like wings before gliding(!!!!)+. Most players are happy and looking forward to mounts, Anet will make a LOT of money, haters will hate.

-“We want dueling!”
-“Nope! Dueling is for virtually every other sane MMO with some shred of common sense and PvP community, dont bring [insert 98% of MMOs in the market] here, go to sPvP to try your inflexible armor/trinkets w/o foods/elixirs in a totally different setting on the Mist!”

+++Anet introduces Guild Halls dueling+++. Most players are looking forward to finally enable a basic MMO function (as with templates) that allows players to find beautiful places in the beautiful open world of Tyria where they can create beautiful promotional videos of players duking it out on beautiful landmarks that attract even more F2P players and even converts them.

Notice the trend? Introduce something something that will soften the blow (wings/gliding) (mobs riding & carpet, broom, etc/mounts) (guild halls dueling/open world dueling) (ponies/character creation freedom) before putting something highly sought after that virtually most of the community wants and would generate $$$ and +1 points for Anet.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Hmmmm. Still no mounts like people are asking for. Gliding is in only the new part of the game, will probably never be in vanilla and might not be in the next expansion. Dueling has been in the game for ages (custom arenas and WvW). What most people who wanted dueling were asking for was dueling in PvE wherever they wanted. They got PvE dueling, but site restricted. It’s not really giving the people who wanted flying, mounts and dueling what they asked for.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

No, I don’t notice a trend at all. There are none and still will not be any mounts. They are very proud of their game world and waypoint system. Besides, mounts would really mess with things like lower character leveling (mounted zergs clearly content before an unmounted newb can even reach it on foot), WvW (again, mounts vs non-mounts), and other aspects of the game. So many negative factors for what? No benefit at all.

There are none and still will not be any dueling. That kind of " guild dueling" is no different than what is available to players right now in making a Custom Arena map. They choose the layout/map, the number of players per each team, winning conditions, etc. It is the same thing, but it by no means nor will it ever be /duel in the middle of a city by its bank or trading post or mailbox. The point of it is a custom guild vs guild fighting or other things of that nature, not necessarily for individuals trying to measure their ego by trying to solo other players.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Except, people aren’t stupid. You cannot “soften the blow” and the haters you mentioned are going to leave if something (or enough) of what they don’t like is being introduced.

Now the question is if it is wise to drive away thousands of players who had been around for ages while desperately looking for a way to reinvent the game.

Fortus.6175

Except, people aren’t stupid. You cannot “soften the blow” and the haters you mentioned are going to leave if something (or enough) of what they don’t like is being introduced.

Now the question is if it is wise to drive away thousands of players who had been around for ages while desperately looking for a way to reinvent the game.

Drive away a few thousands (that will come back a few weeks later once they realize how GW2 is still above most of the competition, and improving) and bring in hundred of thousands.

From an algebraic point of view, it is worth it.

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Drive away a few thousands (that will come back a few weeks later once they realize how GW2 is still above most of the competition, and improving) and bring in hundred of thousands.

Except what you’re saying is happening, hasn’t. No mounts. No unrestricted PvE dueling. Flying only in a small portion of the PvE world with no guarantee it will be anywhere else.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I feel like this thread is grasping at straws. For a lot of big features, you’re likely to get some push back, but if a lot of people are actually asking for it, it’s not surprising for that feature to get added.

Well, you know, except for mounts. I don’t know how that made your list, besides wishful thinking. I think your “hint hint, soften the blow” theory is inventing a pattern.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

No mounts, No duelling, No capes.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

You are grasping at strings Fortus, mounts are just not on the cards. The monsters you saw are one model giving the illusion of riding, having our characters ride an actual mount is not that simple.

Apart from the the instanced nature of the maps making them a little small for riding, the verticality of maps, caves, jumping puzzles and numerous other aspects of the game that make it ill suited to using mounts. Plus the fact we have a waypoint system renders mounts nearly pointless.

Anyway, if they are unable to create capes after all these years it is doubtful they will make mounts, which is a far less requested feature.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Im noticing a trend with some highly asked requestes that virtually most people want (except a very vocal forum minority)

- “We want wings!”
-“Nope, dont bring AION here. Wings break immersion. Nobody would buy it!”
+++Anet introduces wings+++ Haters hate. Most players (me included) are happy, Anet makes $$$, haters accept it like they accepted shortbows that shoot unicorns and supersaiyan charrs.

“We want flying of some sort!”
“No, flying isnt meant for this game! This isnt WoW. Never gonna happen”

+++Anet introduces Gliding+++. Hint hint, wings introduced before to soften the blow to that vocal minority. Most players are happy, Anet makes money, haters adapt and even cheer gliding.

“We want mounts!”
“Nope. Mounts dont go with this game, this isnt WoW, use WP”

+++Anet introduces riding mobs, hinthint, just like wings before gliding(!!!!)+. Most players are happy and looking forward to mounts, Anet will make a LOT of money, haters will hate.

-“We want dueling!”
-“Nope! Dueling is for virtually every other sane MMO with some shred of common sense and PvP community, dont bring [insert 98% of MMOs in the market] here, go to sPvP to try your inflexible armor/trinkets w/o foods/elixirs in a totally different setting on the Mist!”

+++Anet introduces Guild Halls dueling+++. Most players are looking forward to finally enable a basic MMO function (as with templates) that allows players to find beautiful places in the beautiful open world of Tyria where they can create beautiful promotional videos of players duking it out on beautiful landmarks that attract even more F2P players and even converts them.

Notice the trend? Introduce something something that will soften the blow (wings/gliding) (mobs riding & carpet, broom, etc/mounts) (guild halls dueling/open world dueling) (ponies/character creation freedom) before putting something highly sought after that virtually most of the community wants and would generate $$$ and +1 points for Anet.

Oh wow…. it would seem as if Arena Net actually listens to its customers… who would have thought that?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I seriously doubt anyone would quit the game if mounts were introduced…
Honestly that is just silly. If you don’t want mounts it’s simple, don’t buy one.

By the way I am neither for or against mounts. but people talking of quitting over silly things like this is just, well, silly.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Drive away thousands who notice that GW2 will not be above most of the competition if it blantly copies the mainstream WoW clones.

You seem to have missed that.

For the rest of your points, you show a very clear bias. If you had wanted a serious discussion you would have been clear on how the thigns implemented are similar and different from what people have been asking for.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

Nope, not noticed any trend.

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Honestly that is just silly. If you don’t want mounts it’s simple, don’t buy one.

By the way I am neither for or against mounts. but people talking of quitting over silly things like this is just, well, silly.

Because grafic clutter is a thing, and I’d rather see developer (and artists) time spent on useful things. Also many advocating for mounts want speed boosts etc. Those are game changing factors.

While I agree that the proposed mass exodus will likely not happen. I’d not go as far as calling people abandoning the game over such a thing stupid.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

People are irrational creatures. I’ve seen many leave for various bad choices made by Anet over the years. Starting with the introduction of ascended gear. And Anet is really bad at judging the community response to things. Remember the gemstore debacle when you could buy only set amount of gems and no custom exchange (for gold)?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Because grafic clutter is a thing, and I’d rather see developer (and artists) time spent on useful things. Also many advocating for mounts want speed boosts etc. Those are game changing factors.

While I agree that the proposed mass exodus will likely not happen. I’d not go as far as calling people abandoning the game over such a thing stupid.

If people leave because they introduce (more) mounts then they probably had only the “well, it has no fee so that’s something” reason for sticking around.

As far as speed boosts go. They could give a constant 50% boost and it would change nothing. You probably wouldn’t be able to use them in WvW, combat dismounts you, and PvE isn’t going to suffer from people moving faster.

If anything, an easy source of super speed would encourage people to release and run back when they die in world events.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

No, I don’t notice a trend at all. There are none and still will not be any mounts. They are very proud of their game world and waypoint system. Besides, mounts would really mess with things like lower character leveling (mounted zergs clearly content before an unmounted newb can even reach it on foot), WvW (again, mounts vs non-mounts), and other aspects of the game. So many negative factors for what? No benefit at all.

Mounts would only mess with the game if they attached any type of speed to it or make them able to fly, and who says they have to attach either? They could just add it as a cosmetic item(like the broom) and follow the same rules of your character only speeding up with things like signets that grant 25% run speed, or swiftness 33% temp run speed, or potion 1hr 15% run speed. Travel times would be the same and the waypoint system would be intact.

The benefits would really be one sided to Anet as they would probably make a boat load of cash off of selling mounts, more so than mini’s. One of WoW’s first mounts to be sold for real money of $25, supposedly got around 1 million sales.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Why don’t we combine all three, dueling, mounts and gliding?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

WoW did it already in the cataclysm expansion XD

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Moas as mounts confirmed! =P

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

If people leave because they introduce (more) mounts then they probably had only the “well, it has no fee so that’s something” reason for sticking around.

As far as speed boosts go. They could give a constant 50% boost and it would change nothing. You probably wouldn’t be able to use them in WvW, combat dismounts you, and PvE isn’t going to suffer from people moving faster.

If anything, an easy source of super speed would encourage people to release and run back when they die in world events.

Oh but it will change alot, it is just that we don’t know what yet. I can think of a few possible bad parts with mounts with 50% speed.
- Players will still use WP so you wont se more players roaming, players who don’t have 100% map compleating will run around map skipping enemies as hey stride through and don’t bother to help and might even pull enemies to make it harder for poeple who are trying to fight.
- People will not stop and enjoy the scenery and events will be farmed in a faster pace and it will be a new mindless zerg with mounts.
- Mounts = more screen clutter and as mounts will have a good speedboost players will always use it so it’s not even compairable with like magic carpet.
- When mounts are introduced the next thing a handfull of players want is mounted combat or/and a handfull of players want more speedboost and bonuses to mounts.
- I really hate the idea of pocket mounts, where are you hiding your mount? No! don’t tell me, that place isn’t made for storage.

We have 33% and/or 25% runspeed and most classes can have almost constant upkeep on that, why do we need mounts? It is just a silly thing that all other MMO’s have so people think it is needed but people need to learn to think new.

As I have said in other posts about these topics, these are my ideas for Duels and Mounts.

- Mounts: Doesn’t have to be owned, they will be stationed on the maps just like Hylek turrets and other stuff like that. When you enter it, it will be just like entering a golem and these “mounts” can be golems, tanks, bikes, cannons, magic and so on. They all have different properties, some are slow but tanky, some are fast and glassy and with different utilities and special abilities. Keeps in the new WvW will have mounts that I talk about and also they had mounts that I talk about in GW1 too. Now as GW2 is an open world game ofc not everyone can take a “mount” so there will be a few placed around a map and when a “mount” have been without a pilot for a while it will be destroyed and when a “mount” is destroyed it will respawn at it’s original location. Ofc this “mount” can’t be taken with you to other maps.

- Duels: I really loathe open world duels and therefore I came up with the idea of having a place almost like the Heart of the Mists where you and your combatant will be transported too when both accepts the duel, when the duel is over they can iether fight again or they can leave the zone and will be trasported back to where they where. They can also invite others so they can watch or fight (Still only 1vs1). This zone that they will be transported to will be like an instance, it will be created when a party accepts the invites for duels and will be trashed when everyone leaves.

That was my idea for about 1 or 2 years ago when I didn’t know about Guild Halls. Now I don’t realy think my Duel idea is really needed as it sounds like the Guild Hall Arenas will be pretty much enough.

And to OP, we still cant fly like in Aeon, we still don’t have mounts, we still can’t open world duel and we still can’t build our own houses even though we got Gliders, Magic carpets, duels in arenas or in Guild hall and a Guild hall that we can decorate. It is not the same and it isn’t made the way that it will ruin the enjoyment for players in the way that for example mounts and pure flying mounts would have done.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

I hope mounts will come in a way that offers players a 25% speedboost while on em, just like the static speedboost signets and traits.

A player will not automatically be dismounted while getting into combat but can dismount when they use any of the skills on their skillbar.

I don’t think mounts break immersion at all. Just don’t introduce mounts that do not make sense, like unicorn mounts. On the other hand, I dislike the unicorn bow, unicorn finisher and a lot of the weird minis and those got in the game :P

Introduce Dolyak, warg, drake mounts and whatnot seems sensible to ride in the Guild Wars universe.

Fortus.6175

I hope mounts will come in a way that offers players a 25% speedboost while on em, just like the static speedboost signets and traits.

A player will not automatically be dismounted while getting into combat but can dismount when they use any of the skills on their skillbar.

I don’t think mounts break immersion at all. Just don’t introduce mounts that do not make sense, like unicorn mounts. On the other hand, I dislike the unicorn bow, unicorn finisher and a lot of the weird minis and those got in the game :P

Introduce Dolyak, warg, drake mounts and whatnot seems sensible to ride in the Guild Wars universe.

This guy pretty much got it when it comes to mounts. My guardian and Mesmer would be hppy! Also, make entering it so that attacking dismounts you, but entering in cmbat doesnt dismount you. You cant mount until you are out of combat (to prevent WvW wussies).

As far dueling, give people options to auto-decline duels, however make it default to have it unchecked.

I honestly think that Anet is being very cautious about this but never have I seen them state they are opposed to any of this.

In fact, I would say they have been trying to “revolutionize” dueling but so far have failed; PvP custom arenas which they have to scratch since not many people wanted/asked for them as far as dueling goes. Now guild halls, but soon enough once people realize how difficult it might be for a non-guildy to get there since they have to get out of their way, and then fight in a place that will get boring after 3-4 months, I foresee the same batallion of people coming back and requesting a proper, legit open world system. My guess as to why it hasnt been ut into the system yet? Spaghetti code that doesnt allow for the technology to be there yet.

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

This guy pretty much got it when it comes to mounts. My guardian and Mesmer would be hppy! Also, make entering it so that attacking dismounts you, but entering in cmbat doesnt dismount you. You cant mount until you are out of combat (to prevent WvW wussies).

As far dueling, give people options to auto-decline duels, however make it default to have it unchecked.

I honestly think that Anet is being very cautious about this but never have I seen them state they are opposed to any of this.

In fact, I would say they have been trying to “revolutionize” dueling but so far have failed; PvP custom arenas which they have to scratch since not many people wanted/asked for them as far as dueling goes. Now guild halls, but soon enough once people realize how difficult it might be for a non-guildy to get there since they have to get out of their way, and then fight in a place that will get boring after 3-4 months, I foresee the same batallion of people coming back and requesting a proper, legit open world system. My guess as to why it hasnt been ut into the system yet? Spaghetti code that doesnt allow for the technology to be there yet.

<3 cheers, glad you like the idea.

I’m also 100% with you on the dueling part. Auto-decline duel function but be able to challenge other players in the open world. There are some sweet places to duel out there. This beautifully crafted world isn’t being used to its fullest potential!

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I actually had to do that in Cataclysm for unlocking the Flameward Hippogryph quest chain. Well, the dueling (okay, jousting) wasn’t PvP but still.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Speaking of WvW wussies we need a /chicken emote so we can mock chickens. ^_^

I agree we need open world dueling if I just make it to the end of a quest chain but don’t get credit because some ranger used rapid fire that prevents me from tagging I can spam duel. Should be really fun on my guardian or warrior.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Might want to hold off on declaring what, “most,” players want unless you can back it up. That kind of claim tends to discredit your point.

Personally I didn’t see much in the way of requests for wings that were shouted down as immersion breaking, etc. I mean we have had wings in game for going on two and a half years now.

Most of the anti-dueling sentiment I have seen has focused on not wanting open world dueling. Even some of the most ardent anti dueling posters I have seen have acknowledged a place for dueling in instances…which is what we have now.

Mounts…

Still don’t have them outside of a couple of gemstore novelty items.

Flying ?

Don’t recall seeing a ton of requests, sure a thread here or there, nor much opposition besides commentary that it would be more expensive to develop a flying zone than a non flying one and that it would be expensive to retrofit existing zones for it.

Fortus.6175

Might want to hold off on declaring what, “most,” players want unless you can back it up. That kind of claim tends to discredit your point.

Personally I didn’t see much in the way of requests for wings that were shouted down as immersion breaking, etc. I mean we have had wings in game for going on two and a half years now.

Most of the anti-dueling sentiment I have seen has focused on not wanting open world dueling. Even some of the most ardent anti dueling posters I have seen have acknowledged a place for dueling in instances…which is what we have now.

Mounts…

Flying ?

Don’t recall seeing a ton of requests, sure a thread here or there, nor much opposition besides commentary that it would be more expensive to develop a flying zone than a non flying one and that it would be expensive to retrofit existing zones for it.

I remember seeing a few strawpolls on reddit about this. Cant find the links atm, but it was there, maybe I will post one myself later on. So yah, got a basis for my statement.

I guess you have short-term memory, but I clearly remember all the nastiness that came when flying and wings came along. The most thrown around lines were “go play Aion” and
“immersion breaking, even the shattered wings already do this!”, just as bad as dueling and mounts are currently.

Open dueling is EXACTLY what we want, not instanced dueling, which required you to go out of your way, without your preferred armor combinations, foods, and others, and unless you have a personal arena, you will have to deal with grievers. Anet tried to monetize it with Arena tokens, it didnt work, nobody likes to settle for less.

Many of my friends and guildies agree with my sentiment on dueling. It is a basic feature of modern MMOs now a day, just as it is templates, emotes, etc

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Mounts…

Flying ?

I remember seeing a few strawpolls on reddit about this. Cant find the links atm, but it was there, maybe I will post one myself later on. So yah, got a basis for my statement.

I guess you have short-term memory, but I clearly remember all the nastiness that came when flying and wings came along. The most thrown around lines were “go play Aion” and
“immersion breaking, even the shattered wings already do this!”, just as bad as dueling and mounts are currently.

Open dueling is EXACTLY what we want, not instanced dueling, which required you to go out of your way, without your preferred armor combinations, foods, and others, and unless you have a personal arena, you will have to deal with grievers. Anet tried to monetize it with Arena tokens, it didnt work, nobody likes to settle for less.

Many of my friends and guildies agree with my sentiment on dueling. It is a basic feature of modern MMOs now a day, just as it is templates, emotes, etc

Having seen requests in no way supports a claim of, “most players.”

Won’t comment on whether or not such requests were made on Reddit. Don’t use the site. Didn’t see them much here though.

Wings? As I said above they were introduced into the game in its first year.

Flying? As I said above I’ve seen some requests and such, but not a huge outcry.

Your friends and guildies are mistaken. If it were a basic feature then it would be present in all MMOs. It isn’t. For what its worth, you do understand the idea that just because you and people who think like you (people tend to associate with others who share their views over those who disagree with them) believe something doesn’t mean that most people do right ?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

that virtually most people want

virtually most of the community wants

I don’t believe so, if fact I would think it’s the opposite and that is my personal opinion. Just like yours, but you present it like you know what the community wants.
It’s all been covered before in other threads (some merged).

Fortus.6175

Well that is one discussion that will get us nowhere, since neither has access to ways of seeing metrics. It is no secret that this game lacks some core stuff, dont try to sweet talk your way around it. Look at most big and successful MMOs with PvP and now count how many of them dont have dueling….

But that asides, lets extrapolate results. Reddit is known for having a wider, friendlier community (greatly in part with the fact that upvotes and downvotes exist, so topics rise/fall depending on popularity)

Here, one of the topics, you can see the upvotes number. (high for normal traffic, most topics dont reach above 50 points), high %, only 3 months old, before F2p announced, so less people on the forums. It is generally warmly accepted, heck, even templates, another basic feature is highly seeked there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/38uray/gw2_and_open_world_duels/

I like reddit more since negative posts tend to be downvoted, like those hating on the wings, or those bashing gliding and forth. 120k people follow that forum, a good metric for perhaps an entire server worth of people.

edit: actually a lot more people also frequent redditm since Im not even one of thsoe 126k people following yet I constantly upvote/downvote/comment , most people I know dont follow that page either since you only follow to get news and stuff. So more than those numbers. As of now 1,6k people are currently roaming there. I think thats more than our official forums see on peek hours (?). To me those are pretty good metrics. I post on the officials cuz as the name implies, things get done here.

Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

these are pretty ideas

wat u can do re: duels is comment on this thread and help show sum support

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Suggestion-PvP-Duels-merged/

Fortus.6175

Will do! However this thread isnt abut just ueling, but rather Anet warming up the community to things some are opposed to.

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Mounts: Go to the other thread. It’s long, and discusses every point ever made about it.

Duels: Just about every thread on dueling gets closed, because it devolves into insults. No wonder its opponents don’t want that toxicity in game.

Reddit: It’s where jerks go to jerk when they get banned from the legit forums for being jerks. =P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

They should add mounts but make them as slow as you walking. It’d be hilarious.

Fortus.6175

Mounts: Go to the other thread. It’s long, and discusses every point ever made about it.

Duels: Just about every thread on dueling gets closed, because it devolves into insults. No wonder its opponents don’t want that toxicity in game.

Reddit: It’s where jerks go to jerk when they get banned from the legit forums for being jerks. =P

Talk about bias lol.

Im in reddit yet Im not banned?

I will report anyone who start being toxic. Toxic people are toxic, regardless of what you do. They will go on ranked and AFK, they will join your AC run party and disband it, they will move the items to a place where it cant be retrieved, they will spam whispers at your until you block them. Dueling isnt inherently toxic, toxic players are. Just like guns dont kill people, people kill people.

Mounts, is another of my points, perhaps the one closest than duels, if we follow the wings/gliding timeline.

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

Hello,

i think i, and many other gw2 players, said it thousand times: bringing quality content to the game can only make both anet and players happy.

At the end of the rope, this is a business for ANet and a job for their employees, and quality entertainment for us players.

That being said, i can only understand the addition of improvements to the game as a condition that has to be met in order to keep gw2 running in the long term. GW2 needs players, and the players need to be kept entertained. So far, so good.

Now, to everyone that says “no” to almost everything in these forums, you are all silly quaggans.

Things like, mounts, build or template saver, Guild Hals, GvG, Polymock, dungeons, raids, more classes, more playable races, 2v2 and 3v3 ranked arenas, boosted and rewarding meta events (this game has so many amazing meta events, but no1 does them because they r not rewarding enough), etc etc all of this and many other stuff simply adds quality content to the game, and its long overdue.

Will there be balancing issues to be worked on? But ofc, but "thats what living is!! The 6 inches in front of your face! Now i cant make you do it! You’ve got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think you going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. "…ok i was a bit lost there..

Im done here. Post too long already for something that almost everyone knows, except the silly quaggans.

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Extrapolation is a wonderful thing.

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

Extrapolation is a wonderful thing.

What is “extrapolation” to you, is a wanted reality for others. Will everything happen in gw2 the way most players want it to happen? Perhaps not.

Have i experienced, in another game, all that was and is mentioned in this post and forums? Yes.

Can people expect ANet to close the gap between gw2 content and other mmorpgs content? I hope, if gw2 is to continue in the long run, YES.

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Talk about bias lol.

Im in reddit yet Im not banned?

I will report anyone who start being toxic. Toxic people are toxic, regardless of what you do. They will go on ranked and AFK, they will join your AC run party and disband it, they will move the items to a place where it cant be retrieved, they will spam whispers at your until you block them. Dueling isnt inherently toxic, toxic players are. Just like guns dont kill people, people kill people.

Mounts, is another of my points, perhaps the one closest than duels, if we follow the wings/gliding timeline.

Their reddit quip was mostly a joke. I doubt many people would question the effectiveness of the GW2 reddit community.

Rauderi brings up important points though. The mounts and dueling threads are very long and already have everything that could be stated in them. Dueling isn’t much an issue, but there is likely something in the engine that makes it difficult to make players turn into enemies in the open-world, even if there are some Hero Point NPCs that are able to do this.

Mounts, however, are literally obsolete in the way this game was designed. It’s objective fact that they would not be able to give movement speed boosts beyond what characters can already travel at, they would not be able to fly, and they would almost exclusively be for aesthetics. As stated, there are mounts in this game in the form of the flying carpet and magic broom. Others could be added in, but this would be additions to the gemstore as purely aesthetic items as opposed to useful items. Also, mounted enemies count as a single enemy and, in the case of the dino rider, when the health drops to a certain point it splits into two separate enemies.

And that’s the crux of the “anti-mount” argument; you would not be able to add useful mounts into the game. Should they add more “mounts” to the gemstore? Sure, why not? They are basically transform items.

Fortus.6175

snip

Yah I know it was a joke jab, the bias part was at the toxicity. However I still wanted to make clear that reddit isnt a circlejerk for those that coudnt see his sarcasm and would legitimately believe only banned people would go there.

I vote with my wallet. I voted for both the broom and the carpet (and i didnt for the drill since it doesnt show my character).

This game is Fashion Wars 2 (for the most part). Aesthetics sell. Dont believe me? Most popular PC game out there, LoL, only sells purely aesthetics, yet it is successful.

I want mounts not to go faster, but to further aestheticize my character, like a golden horse for my human guardian, or an charrcycle for my charr engi, or a Moa for my ranger. Things that are ingame already, nothing like unicorns, no 50% movement, just character movement (25% with signet, 33% with ranger’s trait, etc, or maybe just a flat 25% so that mesmers and guardians dont feel left out, although mesmers already get theirs with HoT).

I see no harm in those, jut like I dont see anyone screaming at me when I roll around in my carpet or broom >.>

Legendary SoloQ