Forget Ascended Gear!Where the Ranger Patch notes!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

Hehheh I kid I kid!

But no really give us our KITTEN patch notes!!!

Oh and can’t wait till Lost Island!!! It’s going to be a blast!

MrLee.6892

How about now? :P

P.S. Linsey Murdock I am very excited also!!

Posted by: rubmywontons.3972

rubmywontons.3972

Looking forward to this much anticipated ranger update. Fingers crossed, OP.

MrLee.6892

It’s been hard to stick with my Ranger after the SB Crossfire netf, but I stayed with him!!

I think I am more excited to see the Ranger Patch notes than I am for Lost Island! :P

Posted by: bamono.7098

bamono.7098

Psh, us Eles need some major love.

rubmywontons.3972

To be honest, there isn’t TOO much that’s wrong with the ranger, in my opinion. Just some pet bugs that I – and I’m sure a lot of other people – have noticed. Longbow could be more likable; I tolerate it, as it is.

*inb4 OBSTRUCTION, OUT OF RANGE, etc..

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I gotta say (having a lvl80 ranger as main character) that I agree that there ain’t much wrong with the current rangers. Pet AI could be better, pet bugs should be fixed and yes, the obstruction/out of range bugs should be fixed but in the end no profession is currently as face-roll-easy to play as the ranger. Whether you farm Orr, do explorable dungeons, get WvWvW kills or whatever tickles yer fancy most, ranger’s pretty much easy mode.

rubmywontons.3972

I gotta say (having a lvl80 ranger as main character) that I agree that there ain’t much wrong with the current rangers. Pet AI could be better, pet bugs should be fixed and yes, the obstruction/out of range bugs should be fixed but in the end no profession is currently as face-roll-easy to play as the ranger. Whether you farm Orr, do explorable dungeons, get WvWvW kills or whatever tickles yer fancy most, ranger’s pretty much easy mode.

Gotta agree there. They’re honestly not in that bad a light as everyone makes them out to be.

MrLee.6892

I think I just really miss crossfire before the nerf!

But I adapted!

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Whats the point? Rangers will still probably be extremely sub par in dungeons and thus after the patch won’t be able to get the top tier of armour anymore.

Ridiculous.

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Whats the point? Rangers will still probably be extremely sub par in dungeons and thus after the patch won’t be able to get the top tier of armour anymore.

Ridiculous.

This is why we need Ascended Pets. And maybe also swords that don’t root you on auto-attack or longbows that you aren’t vaguely ashamed to be seen using.

rubmywontons.3972

Ridiculous.

I think that it’s a largely generalized profession. A lot of rangers run in dungeons just fine. ._.

*I think this whole “ascension” stuff is just a large abundance of paranoia. Guess we’re just gonna have to wait and see.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Ridiculous.

This is why we need Ascended Pets. And maybe also swords that don’t root you on auto-attack or longbows that you aren’t vaguely ashamed to be seen using.

Haha.

This made me think of a player doing the Nelson laugh just seeing a ranger.

Player: “Is that a longbow?”

Ranger: “Why, yes it is”

Player: “Ha haaaaa!”

Ranger: =(

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

I am also looking forward to the Ranger patch notes. Although, I don’t want to get my hopes to high after the way they treated rangers with the Short Bow “animation fix”.

Some things like I would like to see are:

• Revert short bow to pre-nerf or at least acknowledge and fix the attack speed problem it has with qz now.
  • Fix pets so they can attack moving targets.
  • Make pets use F2 when they are commanded to.
  • Find a way to make pets more viable in a dungeon and high damage settings like WvW. As they are currently, they get melted way too easily. Perhaps give them some AoE resistance.
  • Fix sword rooting issue so rangers can dodge.
  • Make spirits viable. I would like to see them at least on the same level as warrior banners. Hopefully there is some sort of remake or major fixes in store for this.
  • Improve ranger signets. Many ranger signets suffer from lackluster actives and ridiculous cooldowns. For example, signet of the hunt active right now is horrible. It needs to be looked at. Also, a passive speed boost of 25% could be nice.
  • Increase long bow and great sword weapon damage. These got nerfed hard in the betas and never really recovered. Bringing them back up to par with other professions would be appreciated. Some things I would like looked at include the long bow auto being reliant on range. Also, as it stands now, the ranger rapid fire skill does about the same amount of damage as auto attacking with the short bow.
  • Fix Hall of Monument pet stats. Many of the special pets from the HoM are lacking stats compared to their counterparts. This needs to be looked at.
  • Viability of shouts? Since I started playing ranger, I think I used shouts about once and then never used them again. The only shout that has its uses is “Guard Me”. I would really like shouts to be looked at.

Overall, while I like my ranger, I feel that it is very lacking in many areas including damage and utility compared to other professions. Also, the ranger’s main feature, the pet, has many issues surrounding it. Hopefully these problems will be addressed in the coming patch. I know many people in the ranger community are looking forward to how they handle this.

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Ridiculous.

Haha.

This made me think of a player doing the Nelson laugh just seeing a ranger.

Player: “Is that a longbow?”

Ranger: “Why, yes it is”

Player: “Ha haaaaa!”

Ranger: =(

[Warrior’s class is having Show and Tell]
Warrior: Someday, I want to be a Tribune like my hero, Rytlock. He lent me this new weapon called Sohothin.
[Warrior demonstrates the sheer power of Sohothin by shooting it at Elementalist’s forehead]
Elementalist: Hey…
[falls down on the ground, twitching]
Mrs. Krabappel: He’s not dead, is he, Warrior?
Warrior: Nah, but I wouldn’t give him any homework for awhile.
Mrs. Krabappel: Very good, Warrior. Thank you.
Warrior: Oh, don’t thank me. Thank an unprecedented two hundred and fifty year military build-up.
Mrs. Krabappel: Mmm. Milranger, you’re next.
Milranger: Uh, I have a drakey.
[mimics his pet drake hissing in a slurry way which then trails off]
Nelson Muntz: Wuss!

rubmywontons.3972

I am also looking forward to the Ranger patch notes. Although, I don’t want to get my hopes to high after the way they treated rangers with the Short Bow “animation fix”.

Some things like I would like to see are:

• Revert short bow to pre-nerf or at least acknowledge and fix the attack speed problem it has with qz now.
  • Fix pets so they can attack moving targets.
  • Make pets use F2 when they are commanded to.
  • Find a way to make pets more viable in a dungeon and high damage settings like WvW. As they are currently, they get melted way too easily. Perhaps give them some AoE resistance.
  • Fix sword rooting issue so rangers can dodge.
  • Make spirits viable. I would like to see them at least on the same level as warrior banners. Hopefully there is some sort of remake or major fixes in store for this.
  • Improve ranger signets. Many ranger signets suffer from lackluster actives and ridiculous cooldowns. For example, signet of the hunt active right now is horrible. It needs to be looked at. Also, a passive speed boost of 25% could be nice.
  • Increase long bow and great sword weapon damage. These got nerfed hard in the betas and never really recovered. Bringing them back up to par with other professions would be appreciated. Some things I would like looked at include the long bow auto being reliant on range. Also, as it stands now, the ranger rapid fire skill does about the same amount of damage as auto attacking with the short bow.
  • Fix Hall of Monument pet stats. Many of the special pets from the HoM are lacking stats compared to their counterparts. This needs to be looked at.
  • Viability of shouts? Since I started playing ranger, I think I used shouts about once and then never used them again. The only shout that has its uses is “Guard Me”. I would really like shouts to be looked at.

Overall, while I like my ranger, I feel that it is very lacking in many areas including damage and utility compared to other professions. Also, the ranger’s main feature, the pet, has many issues surrounding it. Hopefully these problems will be addressed in the coming patch. I know many people in the ranger community are looking forward to how they handle this.

This is my dream, right now.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

To be honest, there isn’t TOO much that’s wrong with the ranger, in my opinion. Just some pet bugs that I – and I’m sure a lot of other people – have noticed. Longbow could be more likable; I tolerate it, as it is.

*inb4 OBSTRUCTION, OUT OF RANGE, etc..

You’re forgetting one thing: INVINCIBLE… Just because you make use of your longbow and decide to attack from that rock instead of standing next to that foe…

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

Somehow I am expecting a nerf related to the fact that the ranger is a bot preferred profession. The ranger is already quit good, so so many changes are probably not for the better. I don’t play ranger, but still I hope my expectation will be false as many friends enjoy playing bow man so much.