Forgot how annoying screaming LFG can be...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

THANK YOU, thank you for admitting you don’t know what these people are going through.

I never once ever said I did. So there was nothing to admit to. I simply gave alternative solutions, thus bringing up finding a guild.

A Dungeon finder system isn’t going to ruin your gaming experience since as you said, you don’t LFG anymore you do it with your guild. You wont even have to touch it and youve still not answered the question.

“Why is giving players a Dungeon Finder/LFD system a bad thing?”

I cut off the rest cause you and I really don’t want to go in circles saying the same things over and over again. lol

But as for the last part, I never said it was a bad thing. I said it was pointless. I have answered the question many times, you just refuse to see it.

So I’m just going to stop repeating myself over and over and just summarize this up.

The only reason people want a LFD tool is for “ease of access”. There is several options already available to people to find groups for dungeons, just they don’t want to use them or put in any effort to deal with them. They want an insta-click button to form groups for them so they don’t have to. It seems other games have spoiled players to the point that if they don’t have a LFD tool, they don’t know what to do. So they come to forums to tell Anet to implement one instead of using the features already provided for them.

So again, LFD tool is pointless. I didn’t say bad, I said pointless. You already have the features available to you to get groups, you just refuse to use them. So you want Anet to give you an easy way out so you don’t have to bother with it.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

THANK YOU, thank you for admitting you don’t know what these people are going through.

I never once ever said I did. So there was nothing to admit to. I simply gave alternative solutions, thus bringing up finding a guild.

A Dungeon finder system isn’t going to ruin your gaming experience since as you said, you don’t LFG anymore you do it with your guild. You wont even have to touch it and youve still not answered the question.

“Why is giving players a Dungeon Finder/LFD system a bad thing?”

I cut off the rest cause you and I really don’t want to go in circles saying the same things over and over again. lol

But as for the last part, I never said it was a bad thing. I said it was pointless. I have answered the question many times, you just refuse to see it.

So I’m just going to stop repeating myself over and over and just summarize this up.

The only reason people want a LFD tool is for “ease of access”. There is several options already available to people to find groups for dungeons, just they don’t want to use them or put in any effort to deal with them. They want an insta-click button to form groups for them so they don’t have to. It seems other games have spoiled players to the point that if they don’t have a LFD tool, they don’t know what to do. So they come to forums to tell Anet to implement one instead of using the features already provided for them.

So again, LFD tool is pointless. I didn’t say bad, I said pointless. You already have the features available to you to get groups, you just refuse to use them. So you want Anet to give you an easy way out so you don’t have to bother with it.

Right so if its pointless in your view why are you here trying to make a point of it?

And the reason why this conversation is going around in circles is because you’re going around in circles, I kept trying to explain to you why your suggestions are ridiculous and might not work for everyone and not everyone is you and different people are different and yet you go again saying the same thing,

“There is several options already available "

You could have easily suggested players to try and find a guild with similar goals as a player for the time being, to which I’ve also explained might take time that some players dont have and have no opinion on the LFD system but instead you went so far as to belittle people by calling them and I quote “lazy” for expecting such a system.

You say and I quote “treat people the way I want them to treat me” yet you make assumptions about people and call them lazy without factoring in the reasons on why they might want such a system implemented.

And really if this is the best point you’ve got against an LFD system.

“The only reason people want a LFD tool is for “ease of access”. There is several options already available to people to find groups for dungeons, just they don’t want to use them or put in any effort to deal with them. They want an insta-click button to form groups for them so they don’t have to. It seems other games have spoiled players to the point that if they don’t have a LFD tool, they don’t know what to do. So they come to forums to tell Anet to implement one instead of using the features already provided for them."

And of course this opinion is formed on the fact that you’ve never had to LFG in your entire guildwars2 experience, which of course holds a lot of validity <—- see this is how sarcasm works.

Because it makes things easier for people to find groups and do things together, in otherwords form a small social network, something good for guildwars2, and because “other games have it” like having things from other games is such a bad thing, hey guess what lots of other games have profession systems and crafting systems too, woe, then you really have no valid points at all against implementing an LFD system.

Kindly stop trying to impose your playstyle and or unfounded opinions on other players.

Lest you want to be treated the same way you treat other people.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

SpyderArachnid.5619

Kindly stop trying to impose your playstyle and or unfounded opinions on other players.

Wow, umm… hypocrite much? That is exactly what you have been doing. Take your own advice friend.

And the reason I am against a LFD tool, is because the game is already becoming easier and easier with all the changes they keep making. If they add a LFD tool, it just adds to that. I’m sorry, but I’m tired of everything being handed out to players cause they complain enough on the forums cause they refuse to do any work to get things done, so Anet changes stuff to make it easier for them.

Just getting tired of everyone wanting easy mode for everything in the game, instead of doing the effort for themselves.

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

SpyderArachnid.5619

Wow, umm… hypocrite much? That is exactly what you have been doing. Take your own advice friend.

And the reason I am against a LFD tool, is because the game is already becoming easier and easier with all the changes they keep making. If they add a LFD tool, it just adds to that. I’m sorry, but I’m tired of everything being handed out to players cause they complain enough on the forums cause they refuse to do any work to get things done, so Anet changes stuff to make it easier for them.

Im imposing my opinion by which you mean explaining to you on why giving players a choice is a good thing?

I can deal with that, at least I’m not imposing an ultimatum on other players based o how much I like the game the way it is and because I’ve had to work at it and I don’t want other players to make me feel like my EFFORT was squandered and become trivialized.

But yes, if that is your definition of hypocrite then sure.

“I’m sorry, but I’m tired of everything being handed out to players cause they complain enough on the forums cause they refuse to do any work to get things done, so Anet changes stuff to make it easier for them

Your reasons are for selfish reasons.
You want things to remain difficult because you can deny this but from the way you are presenting it you sound like you dont want your achievements on a game to become trivial, to that I say, REALLY? It’s just a game.

And to recap, you already admitted to not knowing what it’s like to LFG for a long period without having any luck in forming a group. You really are in no position to impose an opinion on this matter. You’re welcome to have an opinion like everyone else but to impose them in an ultimatum because of how you feel the current Anet trend is going is the ultimate definition in selfishness.

Yet again, it seems I’m the selfish one cause I use the features that Anet has provide for me to find groups, and I suggested that others do the same. So instantly I’m at fault here cause I shouldn’t suggest other people to use the features already there, instead of telling them to go tell Anet to give them a LFD tool instead.

Is it so wrong for people to try out the other options provided to them before they ask for an easier way out? No, it’s not.

And who are you to tell me I can’t have an opinion? Did you pay more money than me to post here? Are you a shareholder or work for Anet? You have no right to tell me that I can’t express my concerns over this matter. I’m sorry but you are not a moderator so who do you think you are that you can dictate what exactly has meaning on this forum and what is allowed? That is just rude if I may say so. This is an open forum for all players to post our opinions and concerns on. Don’t try to dictate it like you own it.

Edit: I think I’m done with this discussion. When you start telling me what my “position” is on these forums and what I am allowed and not allowed to do, that is just rude. I have no respect for anyone that thinks they are above someone else and can tell them what they are not allowed to do.

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

Posted by: helladoom.4317

helladoom.4317

So yeah, you can sell a couple of million copies on release, and still and up with virtually deserted zones a few months after release, so that in spite of going out of your way to design a game that makes grouping easy (no trinity, no level requirements, no quest requirements), many players still end up having great difficulty to find a group even in zones where grouping is pretty much essential.

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Im imposing my opinion by which you mean explaining to you on why giving players a choice is a good thing?

I can deal with that, at least I’m not imposing an ultimatum on other players based o how much I like the game the way it is and because I’ve had to work at it and I don’t want other players to make me feel like my EFFORT was squandered and become trivialized.

But yes, if that is your definition of hypocrite then sure.

“I’m sorry, but I’m tired of everything being handed out to players cause they complain enough on the forums cause they refuse to do any work to get things done, so Anet changes stuff to make it easier for them

Your reasons are for selfish reasons.
You want things to remain difficult because you can deny this but from the way you are presenting it you sound like you dont want your achievements on a game to become trivial, to that I say, REALLY? It’s just a game.

And to recap, you already admitted to not knowing what it’s like to LFG for a long period without having any luck in forming a group. You really are in no position to impose an opinion on this matter. You’re welcome to have an opinion like everyone else but to impose them in an ultimatum because of how you feel the current Anet trend is going is the ultimate definition in selfishness.

Yet again, it seems I’m the selfish one cause I use the features that Anet has provide for me to find groups, and I suggested that others do the same. So instantly I’m at fault here cause I shouldn’t suggest other people to use the features already there, instead of telling them to go tell Anet to give them a LFD tool instead.

Is it so wrong for people to try out the other options provided to them before they ask for an easier way out? No, it’s not.

And who are you to tell me I can’t have an opinion? Did you pay more money than me to post here? Are you a shareholder or work for Anet? You have no right to tell me that I can’t express my concerns over this matter. I’m sorry but you are not a moderator so who do you think you are that you can dictate what exactly has meaning on this forum and what is allowed? That is just rude if I may say so. This is an open forum for all players to post our opinions and concerns on. Don’t try to dictate it like you own it.

What tools are you talking about.

You said you never had to LFG
The LFG tool is a joke its just an open invitation for anyone to invite you into a group for something with a clear objective like wvwvw or DE zerging.
Going LFG in local chat x amount of times get you suppressed
You want people to do the work you’ve done in looking for a guild because everyone has as much free time as you right?

All of your rebuttals are based on one side opinions you’ve formed because somehow you feel like you’re an elitist player doing all this work and putting so much effort into your game play and if anet ever does anything to ease the burden of other players trying to have fun, you’ll have an aneurysm about how they’re giving into those “whiny complainers” Hey reality check, this game isn’t about you.

Stop being selfish, stop trying to force your ultimatums on other players.
If you don’t like the feature don’t use it.
Its not going to hurt you.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

To be honest I never even thought of this!
I play on Desolation so I can just /say “lfg” once or twice while standing in front of AC or CoF and get invited to a party right away.

A finder of some sort would help the less populated servers for sure.
Also it’d help in finding a group for the less popular dungeons even in Desolation.

Benight[Edge]

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

What’s puzzling is that even GW1 had better grouping options than GW2. They should add a dungeon finder like in WOW but if that’s not an option GW1’s party search would still be an improvement over nothing.

Posted by: Skov.2795

Skov.2795

I can inform that on far shiverpeaks finding a group for any of the dungeons I have attempted excluding AC or CM explorable can take more than an hour of searching, this includes having one person in LA and one person in the zone of the dungeon.

At one time I did a 4 man guild group and finding the 5th player took 90 minutes or so and we changed the dungeon we would run 3 times and as far as I recall ended up going to a dungeon which a random person was looking for a group for, and all of this was during the evening.

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

It’s pretty amazing to me that people would rally against a feature that is technically identical.

There’s literally no difference between joining a dungeon with random players just because you want to run and joining a dungeon with random players just because you want to run. Finding a group through “LFG AC EXP!” or through matchmaking is the same exact thing.

The second just makes the grouping process more technical and civilized, like scooping spaghetti with a fork instead of your bare hands. You might personally prefer to scoop spaghetti with your bare hands because you think it’s more fun, but no matter how much you like doing that, a fork is more technically efficient – and it also saves you the annoyance of being a spaz in the map chat. I mean, er, getting your hands all greasy. With ketchup and pasta. And maybe some special sauce.

What I’m saying is, I’m hungry.

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

Yeah, they said getting rid of the Holy Trinity would get rid of us standing around in town LFG, but it isn’t so.

Of course, they said a lot of things that just aren’t true.

Posted by: Typicalsloan.8603

Typicalsloan.8603

Yeah, they said getting rid of the Holy Trinity would get rid of us standing around in town LFG, but it isn’t so.

Of course, they said a lot of things that just aren’t true.

Ironic isn’t it. 1 step forward 2 steps backward. Progress! It took me literally all day to find a group yesterday for Arah story mode and that’s no exaggeration.

And yes most if not everything they promised was a half truth.

(edited by Typicalsloan.8603)

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

OP, bet you can’t wait for the Halloween finale for all the “HOW I GET HAT?” screams :P

Posted by: Sirevanac.3178

Sirevanac.3178

“So let me get this straight. You want to play an MMO, without having to deal with other players. You only want what you want, and could care less about anyone else. You want people to do things for you, without you doing anything for them. Yeah, that’s purely selfish.
Sure you paid for this game and want to play it how and when you want. But you paid for an MMO, not a single player game. You kind of have to work with other players to get what you want. And that means helping them out as well in order for them to help you out. I’m sorry but people are not at your beckon call. You have to actually do things for others to get them to do stuff for you. The world doesn’t revolve around you.”

Wow man, didnt know. So i’ll go tell people: GW2: The first MMORPG where you have to help others in their stuff in order to get yours. Really, great logic, specially for people who can play an hour or two a day, they’ll come running to play this game.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Gah, kids these days just don’t understand how to build communities and be social! There are 2 main groups here:

Group A) These guys understand how to build communities! Shouting LFG over and over in chat while standing in town, doing nothing, because you have to be in a populated area to get people- THAT is how you socialize. Screaming LFG so much that you end up being put on block lists, reported for spamming, having group after group fall apart because you can’t find that last person in time… those are LIFE EXPERIENCES that people without the dungeon finder will simply never know and be able to share with their grandchildren! There is nothing like making your guild hate you by overflowing their chat with “LFG LFG”. It’s the superior option, as opposed to those anti-social D bags who sit around “chatting” and talking about inane and pointless things like GIRLS (ew) and sports (brutes…) instead of community building!

But then you have these new kids who know nothing of socialization. They are group B.

Group B ) These simpletons would rather hit a button to find their group so they can go out into the open world and actually play the game while waiting. What is wrong with them? I’ll you what- they are LAZY. They would rather do events, explore and complete hearts than spend their time COMMUNITY BUILDING by standing around in town just shouting LFG over and over. These people obviously should just go play a single player game since they don’t understand the true draw of an MMO.

Don’t be a group B player. Even if they put in a dungeon finder, don’t use it! Spam LFG! Avoid the open world content! Stand in town and show these youngsters what community building is all about!

-An ex-UO and EQ player.

Posted by: Mickey.4207

Mickey.4207

don’t ruin the community feel bro’!

What community? i usually switch off the chat channel when people don’t stop spamming LFG.

So much for your precious community lol.

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

don’t ruin the community feel bro’!

What community? i usually switch off the chat channel when people don’t stop spamming LFG.

So much for your precious community lol.

I say that in jest. So many people (including some devs) think that an efficient LFG system in a game where we all have our own loot ruins the “community feel”. That’s complete BS.

The reason it was tainted in WoW was due to randoms abusing the system, needing on loot for greed over people that need (class based loot), and a variety of exploits.

In GW2 we have our own loot so do not have any of those issues. Even if ANet got their act together and made it cross world, we would not have half the issues WoW does.

If people think standing in a zone spamming and trolling the map chat is community, that’s just sad.

Posted by: GreenZap.1352

GreenZap.1352

If people think standing in a zone spamming and trolling the map chat is community, that’s just sad.

But it’s “being social” xD

Zayn Al’Sabaan
Elonian sword-dancer, poet and bard
Greatsword Chronomancer

Posted by: skaaz.4281

skaaz.4281

Luckily the dungeons here are just eye candy and doing them really offers no real benefit. I enjoyed doing them, but I am not a fan of spamming chat channels either.

I wasted my time spamming chat for a story run and one explore mode in the lvl 30 dungeon. After that I decided I won’t be participating in any events that I have to stand around and beg for groups.

It would be nice to have a x-server dungeon finder, if that never happens so be it. There will be other things to do. If not there will be other games to play.

Member of Cradle Guard

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

reasons for a lfg tool:
- play the game while having your request running instead of standing around spamming
- not missing lfg requests because you happen to wait on the “wrong” map (and it is really weird where you get to see dungeon party requests sometimes)

I am frankly at a loss about the discussion here. Yes, spamming lfg works, but to reject an adequate tool for party search really sounds like rejecting a lighter because you can ignite a fire with stones. Also, I do not understand the social blessings of lfm spamming. You are putting out the same request, what is actually going to happen, someone sending you a tell “man, I don´t feel like questing, but did you watch the game last night?”

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

LOL @ this event dungeon – this is good example why a lfg tool is needed. Nothing like seeing purely “LFG” scrolling across chat at light speed. Even if you had a “LFG Chat Channel” it would be worthless in this instance – people would ignore that, and due people ignoring it people would just spam map chat again.

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

The lacking of a LFG tool is the main reason I’ve stopped playing.
I did quite a good number of exp runs, but I cant’t stand anymore wasting my time spamming “LFG CoF exp” (or similar) while sitting in areas I’m not interested in and also having to cope to a flawed antispam. Not in 2012.
I’ll get back to the game when (if) they add an automated LFG tool.

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

There’s an LFG tool you know.

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Technically LFG spams are still spams, right?

When someone repeatedly spams the same LFG message in short periods of time (unless the amount of other chat is very high) I report them for spamming.

We don’t need to see the LFG message every second, at least wait until it’s been pushed off the chat window by other messages!

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Posted by: Sirevanac.3178

Sirevanac.3178

The LFG tool says you are looking for a group, but not for what exactly, therefore a little useless :P

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

“stop being stupid. press Y.”

Quoted from a person who never forms/joins groups.

Hey why don’t you post a nice Lion’s Arch pic with at least 15+ players in LFG mode? That would be quite impressive.

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Just getting tired of everyone wanting easy mode for everything in the game, instead of doing the effort for themselves.

What’s wrong with ‘easymode’ if it’s about finding a group?
We’re not talking about easy mode inside the instance, are we?

the effort should be inside the dungeon, not on the part of getting the group. That’s a ridiculous reasoning.

You want to game to be hard in terms of finding groups?
You want everybody to find groups just the exact way you go about it?

These make no sense, at all.

If a LFG system is introduced, on a server by server basis, than by no means can it effect your playstyle or the community at all. Except in a positive way for the community, because it will hook people up that don’t know each other yet.

Basically this: you can’t stand changes made to your game, because it effects the way it’s supposed to be perfect?
You’re just arguing for the sake of arguing, apparantly because you can’t stand anyone asking for a change.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

Seriously? People are complaining about having to ask about a dungeon group? If I don’t hear a response in a minute or so, I’ll start up a group myself. That’s the problem, imo, is that far too many people will be spamming LFG, instead of GLFxM. Sometimes you have to step up and form a group; don’t sit around spamming chat and complaining that no one is answering you. 9 times out of 10, when I yell that I’m forming a group in LA, my group will be filled within five minutes.

I’ve never understood why people clamor for a dungeon finder when it’s already pretty kitten easy to get a group formed.

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

a server based LFG tool would allow people to move anywhere in the game while finding a group.
if anything, it would lesten the need to sit around and spam, not increase it.

And since you like to do it yourself so much, than why would you use a LFG tool at all?
I don’t understand that part: you reason as if it would effect your gameplay.
And clearly it wouldn’t effect you at all.

So basically you object to a change others would like, even if it would not effect you?
That’s rather selfish. Never understood this type of reasoning, sorry.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Seriously? People are complaining about having to ask about a dungeon group? If I don’t hear a response in a minute or so, I’ll start up a group myself. That’s the problem, imo, is that far too many people will be spamming LFG, instead of GLFxM. Sometimes you have to step up and form a group; don’t sit around spamming chat and complaining that no one is answering you. 9 times out of 10, when I yell that I’m forming a group in LA, my group will be filled within five minutes.

I’ve never understood why people clamor for a dungeon finder when it’s already pretty kitten easy to get a group formed.

Exactly! There is nothing more fun than screaming “LF2M dungeon” for half an hour until everyone gets tired of waiting and your group disbands, only to give you the immense pleasure of doing it ALL over again!

Gah, I just don’t get why people don’t like doing that either!

Posted by: Kirito.3591

Kirito.3591

Um… nope. He’s be advocating the addition of an OPTIONAL tool that would exist in parallel with your option. YOU, on the other hand, have been advocating that everyone uses YOUR method instead of increasing the options to reach the end goal (a dungeon group).

The addition of a LFD tool will be optional. If you have a guild that you consistently run dungeons with, great you can still do so. However, if no one is on in your guild or they’re busy in another dungeon or otherwise occupied there are other options available to the player.

I’m sorry? since when did the LFD or LFG tool become a handout? Did the LFG reward players with items/loot/cash/coin/dungeon rewards that I wasn’t aware of? Oh… it put me in a group that may or may not stay formed before the start or end of the dungeon run.

I’ll try applying some of your logic to real world applications.
Hm… remove bus systems. I worked hard to learn how to drive and work to save up for a car, so everyone else can do the same. I’m tired of the government setting up a bus system for people who haven’t taken the time/effort to learn how to drive and/or get a car!

REMOVE WELFARE! those lazy bums! I have a job and I work hard for my money, why should they get handouts? If I can get a job so can they! I don’t care if the economy is crap, if I can do it so can they! Screw easing their burdens!

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Yes, this game needs a LFG tool. If you don’t want to use it……don’t.
Guys, you’re just waiting your breath trying to reason with someone who clearly thinks he’s the center of the universe.

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

I’m just really confused as to why people argue against LFG tool. It’s not like it makes the dungeon any easier, just makes getting into a pug quicker…

If you want your superior guild run so bad you can still do them, heck you probably can get through them faster anyways due to have a regular group of people to play with… but some people can’t schedule their entire lives around a kitten game.

And don’t give me that “ kitten LFG tool ruins community” because I have made more friends in game (yes I mean actually adding them to my friends list) through random PuGs than inbred relationships in guilds ( “gasp can people actually do that with a LFG tool? Our lives have been lies! Oh, no!”).

“but.. but they already have a LFG tool!” You mean that poorly designed excuse for a tool? Maybe if you could actually see what each player was looking to do… I mean you have 8 dungeons, several paths and a story mode for each; that’s a lot of different things players are looking to do.

In my honest opinion though, this game’s PvE really doesn’t take any skill in the first place; so why complain about something as staple as a decent LFG tool?

I mean they give you auto-targeting for kittens sake… how much easier can a game get?

Posted by: StrafeFaster.2046

StrafeFaster.2046

This game really does need an LFD tool. All the people QQing about community are really blowing their old “server community” out of proportion. I remember WoW and Rift before LFD. The only server community was on the server specific forums.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

In other games, LFG as a dps could literally take hours. In this game, LFG as dps takes 5 minutes to get in. This game already fixed what was broken namely spamming lfg for hours on end. Five minutes ain’t gonna kill you.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

@ Marnick what server do you play on?

Do you play during prime time?

What about people on low pop servers that play during off peak hours? Oh wait, we don’t give a rats kitten about them huh, as long as you can play the way you want it does not matter that others can not.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

@ Marnick what server do you play on?

Do you play during prime time?

What about people on low pop servers that play during off peak hours? Oh wait, we don’t give a rats kitten about them huh, as long as you can play the way you want it does not matter that others can not.

I’m not responsible for bad decisions made by other players. Everyone has the option of changing to a high pop server for their continent. No one can help you if you intentionally refuse to use the solutions people give you. Can lead a horse to the water but can’t make it drink…

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

That last game I played implemented a server-wide LFG channel and it worked great. If people didn’t want to use it, they could just remove from their chat tab.

Note that this is not an argument against a more robust LFG tool. That game also had a search feature you could use to find or form teams. But the channel was nice for a few reasons. One was, you could be a bit wordier about what you were specifically doing or looking for, i.e. ‘running tips redside at level 28, all levels welcome.’ Another was that many people, like myself, never put themselves into search because we didn’t want random invites, but if something we were specifically interested in came across channel, we’d see it and could respond. Again, I have no objection to a more full featured search tool, but this might be something that would help either instead of, or in addition too, such a tool, and it might be easier and faster to implement (I speculate wildly here) since we already have chat channels in the game.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

In other games, LFG as a dps could literally take hours. In this game, LFG as dps takes 5 minutes to get in. This game already fixed what was broken namely spamming lfg for hours on end. Five minutes ain’t gonna kill you.

that is a very bold claim, but even if this was the case, LFG spamming for 0 minutes still beats 5 minutes.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I usually block the “screaming” LFG spammers. Would never invite someone with that kind of attitude to one of our groups. It just screams immaturity.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon