Forgot my Legendary

Forgot my Legendary

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

I didn’t really like the skins to begin with though I thought some of the effects were pretty cool. I’ve been pooling my skill points and T6 mats.

I just sold all my mats.

The prestige of legendary weapons is now absolutely meaningless. It requires no hard work or luck at all – only pockets lined with gluttony.

I’m not saying you are this if you have one – I’m saying that with 4 legendaries on the trading post now, I will no longer think much of any character I see carrying one. It’s not your fault. The weapons just don’t mean anything anymore.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

tbh they never really did, the only part about them that felt right was the 100% world exploration.

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

They never meant anything in the first place, no challenge just grind and pure luck.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Forgot my Legendary

Zaith.9132

tbh they never really did, the only part about them that felt right was the 100% world exploration.

Indeed. That’s the one thing I respected because I’m a completionist. It’s not hard necessarily. World completion takes time though and I find it fun, especially with friends. Someone who buys a legendary without taking the time to play the game doesn’t make me angry – just sad. Everyone plays their own way, but when you forsake fun for a status symbol I just look the other way.

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Still working on them slowly in case I ever do want one. However, I must admit I like the look of the Melandru’s Staff better than the Bifrost. And since I never intended to get the for prestige anyway, I may not get one after all.

Not unless I could upgrade my current weapon to legendary status…now that would be awesome.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Forgot my Legendary

Zaith.9132

ThiBash…. THAT WOULD BE EPIC. So much more rewarding and personal. It reminds me of a special type of weapon in a pen and paper I used to play. I love the skins of the weapons I have (some are actually cheap duplicates of precursor skins), and I work very hard to get them. The most expensive weapon I’m going for is about 35 g. The price to buy it ranges from about 5 g less to 1 g more than making it, but I’m gathering mats anyway cause I want to be able to say “I worked for this”. I’d love to undergo a series of difficult non-random quests – collect a few special items and do some kind of bonding ritual to upgrade my hard-earned skins to legendary status. The exotics I like are actually named as it happens… just a coincidence. Ah well, maybe I’ll just do that in RP :P

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I can’t say Twilight or Sunrise is anything special anymore since everyone and their mother runs around with one :P

I never thought of Legendaries as something really skillful to get since it’s all about RNG and farming, farming, farming.

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Gord.8654

Gord.8654

Legendaries were tainted a bit but I think they still meant something. Now that they are on the TP they are meaningless.

Host of SOTD Podcast www.sotdpodcastblog.wordpress.com

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Legendaries were tainted a bit but I think they still meant something. Now that they are on the TP they are meaningless.

I am still trying to make Bolt just because ANet decided I can't do it without buying gems and I want to prove that I can and will.
Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

I didn’t really like the skins to begin with though I thought some of the effects were pretty cool. I’ve been pooling my skill points and T6 mats.

I just sold all my mats.

The prestige of legendary weapons is now absolutely meaningless. It requires no hard work or luck at all – only pockets lined with gluttony.

I’m not saying you are this if you have one – I’m saying that with 4 legendaries on the trading post now, I will no longer think much of any character I see carrying one. It’s not your fault. The weapons just don’t mean anything anymore.

You do realize that Legendary gear will be more than just skins soon, right? They will scale to always be ‘best in game’ gear. When A-Net releases Ascended Gear 2.0, or whatever they will call it, your Legendary gear will step up to match it.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I see no problem with Legendaries being sellable.

The person that put in the hard work is getting a reward whether it be in the form of a legendary or in the form of gold.

The person that is buying it had to buy gems to convert to gold which means they are supporting the game. Ultimately whether a person has a legendary or not does not affect my game play but people that do support the game do affect my game play because more money for them means they can hire more people which will get more content and features for me quicker.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

The person that put in the hard work is getting a reward whether it be in the form of a legendary or in the form of gold.

The person that is buying it had to buy gems to convert to gold which means they are supporting the game. Ultimately whether a person has a legendary or not does not affect my game play but people that do support the game do affect my game play because more money for them means they can hire more people which will get more content and features for me quicker.

Unless the person who is selling this got loads of gold via some exploit, same with the buyer.
I can imagine that there are individuals who played TP smart and amassed large amounts of gold but who in the right mind would spend 1-7k USD for some pixels that do not evengive an upperhand in PvP or PvE?

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

Unless the person who is selling this got loads of gold via some exploit, same with the buyer.
I can imagine that there are individuals who played TP smart and amassed large amounts of gold but who in the right mind would spend 1-7k USD for some pixels that do not evengive an upperhand in PvP or PvE?

Because they like the look of it? Maybe they think it’s a challenge? I’m still going for one, I just don’t grind mindlessly. People say it’s needed, but it’s really not. Just play.

Magummadweller

Forgot my Legendary

Zaith.9132

I just sold all my mats.

You do realize that Legendary gear will be more than just skins soon, right? They will scale to always be ‘best in game’ gear. When A-Net releases Ascended Gear 2.0, or whatever they will call it, your Legendary gear will step up to match it.

Yes I realize this. I also realize their promise at launch that no tier will ever exceed the stats of exotic. Besides, I don’t PvP, and the slight difference in stats won’t matter much. It’s not worth the effort when I don’t like the skin and the prestige is lost. I can make much better use of the money investing in other and alternate equipment that I can use better with my play-style

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Except pretty soon it wont be “people” selling them, it will be gold sellers using hacked account resources and any player who wishes to sell one will have to sell lower than them.

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

You might have a minor point, if they were being bought and sold for relatively trivial amounts. I’m not aware that any of the ones posted thus far have sold, and based on the listed prices I don’t suppose they ever will consider that besides world completion and badges and a trivial amount of karma, you can buy all the mats and precursor for even the most expensive one for under 1200g.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Absolutely agree. I liked the idea of getting a legendary through a test of your PvE completion and prowess with the dungeon requirement, 100% map explore, even some WvW badges (not 500)…. The 250 of this and 100 of that at their respective RNG rates shows nothing other than spending a lot of time (directly or indirectly) farming.

Also, there’s no real backstory to any of them… the only thing that makes them legendary is that the animators gave them a different color of text and a little more love than other weapon (and I guess now they have some stat boosts). Say what you will about WoW legendary items being equally RNG, but they all had a backstory in the lore and were worth getting. Some even had quests/events linked to them (Thunderfury, Atiesh, and Ashbringer (pre-Wrath although nobody was ever able to create it in the real servers) come to mind).

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

To be honest a legendary has always said to me that this person either has more real life money than sense, no life or is an exploiter.

Sorry to the odd exception but to me it’s a massive neon sign saying avoid this player at all costs (just like people in PVE with commander icons displaying). I would not group up with someone with a legendary weapon (or a visible commander icon in PvE).

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

Legendary weapons are just really expensive,prestigue and awesome looking weapons.

You either want it or dont. Simple.

It doesnt matter if they are on TP, they still cost aroun 2000 gold there and that is to me still kitten prestigue weapon, because only small player base will ever have so much money.

I am close to finish my second Legendary and for me they are worth it.

(edited by Kacigarka.5176)

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

You are where i was 2 weeks ago, just that i went ahead and bought the first gift (after exploration)to force myself stay in the ring.

I knew then, that had i not stuck to the goal (which all a legendary item is imo) i would have regretted settling down without it and i would have come to the forum to write a post just like yours.

Two weeks later, i’m about to get my gift of fortune already because i was lucky with the clovers and i do not regret one bit that i didn’t give up.

No offence but you should know that many legendary seekers do it for the sake of it being in its ultimatum: hard to get, and that it is for them to know they went through th grinding and endles gold sinking and finally got it.

Its nothing more than a goal to look forwarding to.

EDIT: Just think, a year from now you may think back and say: “I couldn’t had that legendary by now”. If you think you will, get back in the race with more determination, make spreadsheets, set weekly goals write down your progress. If you really want a legendary you will get it in due time.

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

(edited by Ath.2531)

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

To be honest a legendary has always said to me that this person either has more real life money than sense, no life or is an exploiter.

Sorry to the odd exception but to me it’s a massive neon sign saying avoid this player at all costs (just like people in PVE with commander icons displaying). I would not group up with someone with a legendary weapon (or a visible commander icon in PvE).

Avoid someone with Legendary weapon? Made me laught …

I have a legendary myself + 1300 hours played, maybe I am elitist but I know every encounter, etc. better than most of the players

I dont know if you played another mmorpgs or whatever but they usually have really expensive armors, weapons ingame also. They were usually tradeable and I dont remeber anyone complaining about it.

Or its just because you cant make so much money, etc. than you think everyone who can is just exploiter, gold buyer etc?

There are always better players and there are always richer players.
aswell as
Sames goes in real life. Deal with it.

(edited by Kacigarka.5176)

Forgot my Legendary

Zaith.9132

I agree Kandrick, and I regret it but that’s me too. I would not pug with someone with a legendary weapon. The exception to this would be people I know. I know a couple good players who found precursors in the Lost Shores event, and are working towards a Legendary weapon because of it. Buying a precursor isn’t a sin in my book. What frightens me is if these legendary listings were actually bought for what they’re listed. At one point the seller, I saw, could have crafted 4 more legendaries with the profits. All buyable legendary ingredients would be monopolised quite easily. 10000s of thousands of gold in profits after a couple generations.

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

I did apologize to players that came by theirs legitimately. Unfortunately being able to put my credit card number in and come out with a legendary has, in my view, rendered them completely meaningless.

Now display your Ascendant title or Ultimate Dominator or something and I will take note of it.

Edit: As an aside I had almost completed Bifrost (bit unlucky with clovers) before deciding to ditch it when (in my opinion) they became worthless.

(edited by Kandrick.8054)

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

I give nothing about legendarys.
Anyway i can make i have all but i dont like it and never use the models.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

So now we have Twilight, Sunrise, The Bifrost, and Incinerator on the TP?

This just feels weird :P

Forgot my Legendary

Ath.2531

So now we have Twilight, Sunrise, The Bifrost, and Incinerator on the TP?

This just feels weird :P

Let me see an Eternity for 50k! lets go!

Piken Square, EU

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

Legendaries in the trading post is just wrong. This is one of the most idiotic things I’ve seen over a history of MMORPGs filled with plenty of idiocy.

The supposedly ultimate gear should be earned, not bought.

More and more I question ANet’s integrity and feel like I’ve been had because I bought in on this game due to some serious shifts in design philosophy that are seemingly increasingly being abandoned.

There is no way the original manifesto would’ve included a line like “and hey, if you’re a complete loser you can just buy a legendary with cash!”

ANet has become Jeckyl and Hyde. Say one thing during developoment, do entirely different things once the game is live. Very, very lame.

Blizzard has a lot of what I would call blind and/or ignorant players in their game and I’d say this game is getting to be the same way. ANet is shifting the game away from what they sold it as and doing other lame stuff like this and they aren’t being held accountable. Players just act like it’s no big deal that the developer can’t stick to it’s word or have principles.

(edited by Voqar.2349)

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I’ll remain satisfied that I’ve yet to see more than one other person on Gandara that has Bolt. Everyone is too obsessed with GSs and Staffs.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

They were always Bind on Equip. Anet only fixed a bug which made them unsellable on TP. Mail always worked.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

I don’t care if people would think Legendaries mean nothing, or that people can buy them with a lot of gold. All I know is that I will feel good once I have crafted it myself. That is all I care about.

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Rannug.2731

Rannug.2731

Legendaries shouldn’t be sellable due to the fact that they use their status if they are simple as that. Now there is no difference in between the hard working folks earning their legendary through dedication to GW2 and the fresh 80, two weeks in Gw2 shelling out the G’s…

Forgot my Legendary

Ath.2531

Avoid people with a legendary?

Some people are really Full of envy. How can you stereotype every legendary bearer into a cash machine or a lifeless hopeless little guy?

Let me tell you what. I have a quite respectable salary for my age and never spent a penny in my pursuit in getting a legendary.

Its like saying that from now on i will avoid all people with a phd because they obvously study way much more than me.

Let me also add that in a server many legendary owners know each other in the game and how each one has acquired theirs. The same people i see everyday while farming will know that when i get mine it was my hard earned work, not by buying it from the TP. Only they and my guildies understand how tough it is to get one and tbh i dont really care what other people think.

When some guy in masterwork gear appears the next day in full T3 and a legendary you can then attempt to stereotype, and yet still unjustifiably.

Get over yourselves and stop whining

Piken Square, EU

(edited by Ath.2531)

Forgot my Legendary

Ath.2531

I’ll remain satisfied that I’ve yet to see more than one other person on Gandara that has Bolt. Everyone is too obsessed with GSs and Staffs.

Anvil rock here, have not seen anyone yielding a bolt either. I f no one gets it in around 2 months i may be the only on my server. And yeah, too many gs

Piken Square, EU

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Think of Legendaries as grind insurance for at least one or two item slots. Anet has said that Legendaries will always be best in the game and since they’ve introduced vertical progression, there will be a continuous stat inflation on weapons and gear. Get a legendary and you only do the weapon slot grind once. I wish you could get grind-proof items in all slots—now that would be epic, if not legendary.

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: Sion.1653

Sion.1653

I’m not sure what Anet was thinking when they made them able to be sold. Straight and simple, it goes against their whole principle of being legendary – although that was always an issue, due to massive amounts of luck involved.

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I just sold all my mats.

Completely agree. It’s sad really. At least your legendary was worth it. Did you see the crazy half plant half toy one for the pistol? I can understand this kinda thing for asura thieves but I’m an engineer cmon, can we get a hand cannon or something? LOL cmon now.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: holotype.1643

holotype.1643

People who have the time can eventually build these elite items themselves or purchase with in-game gold.

People who don’t have the time can purchase with real cash.

This is the central philosophy of the gem store and trading post built into the game and explained clearly to all of us, by Mike O’Brien, when the game launched.

I’m cool with it. If you are not, this indeed may not be your game.

Championing Blackgate since Aug. 25, 2012
[UV]

Forgot my Legendary

Ath.2531

Your post is like a massive neon sign of the word envy with firey animations.

Get over yourself man. You’re doing them a favor for not grouping with them

Edit: judging from seeing your other posts you seem to be bitter because of the loot nerf. Instead of finding ways of still making gold you choose to whine on the forums instead. let me tell you what: I still make up to 10g in around 3 hours of play by pure farming.

Piken Square, EU

(edited by Ath.2531)

Forgot my Legendary

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

Why would someone else having a difficult-to-get thing reduce your own enjoyment in having a difficult-to-get thing if you were actually pursuing it under your own methods?

Getting a Legendary should be about you succeeding in the task, not you comparing it to what other people have and how they went about getting theirs. If Steve bought his with $200, why should anyone who earned it their own way care? You got the thing under your own steam. Heck, it should mean more to you, because it’s a sign of how hard you’ve worked and how much you’ve invested. If you’re concerned about Legendaries becoming ‘devalued’ by this, I’d suggest you seriously consider just what it is that you value and how much value you derive from other people not having the same thing as you.

Behold: Opinions!