Formal complain on POF Deluxe, Ultimate ED

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Legend of Rogue.5394

Legend of Rogue.5394

Ok so I did buy the ultimate (gems, duh) and I am pretty glad we get the party room, the lvl 80 bolst etc. What I am very displeased with is the weapon skin and the outfit. I feel like 0 thought went into any of this. The weapon is a shrapnel of metal that they flailed out into a spike and they have 0 effects, 0 look and look like the dev team just threw it together over night and then claim its the weapons of the crystal des. When we all know fully well the chaos weapons of gw1 (axe) were forged from there. So very unhappy with my stick. Also the outfit. Now come on Anet I just bought the last outfit and it was the coolest one of all time. Next to the wintersday glowing one they are so cool, and we got some white pads that look like a combat wedding dress… Everything else I am fine with but I wish more thought went into this. Especially since I just shoveled out 80 bucks for this. No one, and I repeat no one will use this as their fashion. Mini balth looks kewl though.
Thoughts?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s always best to research any substantial purchase beforehand.

Good luck.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

I feel the same way for the weapon, it sincerely stinks, thank you Anet, as for the outfit as usual we can only remove the head gear, we could have gotten an armor, yes Anet still makes those at a price but they do make them. God forbid they should be part of a collectors edition. Also forget about skimpiness Anet is still allergic to that, yeah that’s right this sure ain’t GW 1 clothing, speaking of which I wish I could import those.

Are we ever going to see a collectors edition in the style of the original GW 2 game? Now that was a true collectors edition, I still enjoy the metal box and Rytlock. In these modern times it’s all about the digital stuff thrown in your face for a quick buck. Rant over, on a different note I’m still looking forward to my rides in POF.
Never played a MMO game with mounts before.

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Meh … not everything has to be a glow stick

Posted by: Barnabus Stinson.1409

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Such Sensible complaints, truely so reasonable.

Or the other thing…

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

The outfit is a remake of the Sunspear outfits (GW1), therefore it is fine the way it is. Most people love the reference and do use the outfit.

As Inculpatus cedo wrote, next time get informed first before wasting money on content you do not enjoy.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Thoughts?

I haven’t bought yet but I’ve looked over what they’re offering and I’ll make my decision on what to buy based on that. Afterwards is too late to complain if anyone doesn’t check what’s in the basket before they hand over the cash.

As for the outfit and weapons, that’s aesthetics. I’m sure some will love them. No company is going to please everyone on style choices.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Khisanth.2948

Thoughts?

I haven’t bought yet but I’ve looked over what they’re offering and I’ll make my decision on what to buy based on that. Afterwards is too late to complain if anyone doesn’t check what’s in the basket before they hand over the cash.

As for the outfit and weapons, that’s aesthetics. I’m sure some will love them. No company is going to please everyone on style choices.

The sword and dagger are nice(not implying the rest are not but they weren’t memorable to me). The torch is unique and thematically appropriate.

Hmm … idea for Improvised v2. The dagger could be a broken lightbulb

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

The Weapons share a similar design with the Sunspear , a Spear-Skin from GW1 that you got from Nightfall Pre-Release Bonus-Box.

I really like this simplistic design.

The Outfit has some nice Paragon vibes, but I would have preferred the Paragon Elite Sunspear Armor.

(edited by darkprecure.6129)

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

2 People in this thread have no appreciation for history. They will be doomed to repeat it.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The outfit is a remake of the Sunspear outfits (GW1),

True

therefore it is fine the way it is.

Obviously, it’s not fine for the OP. (And frankly, I would prefer a new skin rather than a nostalgia skin — I didn’t like any of the sunspear skins first time around.)

Most people love the reference and do use the outfit.

I don’t think any of us can say what “most people” like, let alone love.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Legend of Rogue.5394

Legend of Rogue.5394

I see 2 people who did not listen at all. I bought it for the gems and a couple other things i already know they look like trash before buying doesnt mean i have to like it…. I didnt shell out 80 for the crap consumables im just saying they could have easily put in more time to give us something worth buying for it. Also that sunspear outfit looks like trash you want to have a better model take the gw1 dervish sunspear in NF. Waaayyy cooler

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Its dissapointing how the weapons turned out and the outfit. More so for the outfit as i like some of the weapon skins.

I can understand that its a remake but the og just looks better overall. This version makes me look like the wonder woman.

Posted by: xiiliea.9356

xiiliea.9356

HoT Deluxe had a unique glider skin. Why doesn’t PoF Deluxe have a unique mount or mount skin?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So, you knew what you were getting, and you were ok with that enough to spend the cash on it. Yet, it wasn’t worth buying.

Ok.

Regardless, some appreciate the Outfit and the Weapons. No matter what was included in the package, some would adore it, some would be ambivalent, and some would rather have something else. It’s just the way things always go.

Khisanth.2948

So you knew what they looked like. Didn’t like it but still paid for it and now you are complaining about it despite the fact that there was an alternative option? You do realize that businesses are more likely to make more stuff that people are willing to pay for right? Your wallet would have sent a much more effective message.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I really liked some of the weapon skins – some have some really solid designs for non-sparklies. I don’t like the outfit, but others do, so it’s all subjective.

I don’t think it’s really fair to say 0 effort went into them regardless as to whether they are liked or not

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I really like the weapons. Only reason I haven’t picked one yet is I want to wait and see if it’s possible to get others (and how difficult it is) before choosing. I’m very tempted by the sword, torch, dagger and hammer.

I’m not opposed to flashy weapons (I use the Dreamer on my main, next to that almost anything looks subdued) but what’s most important to me is to have a variety of skins to choose from – as much as it’s nice to have a range of flashy weapons with weird effects it’s also nice to have plain, elegant ones like these. They suit different characters and themes.

The outfit is a bit dull, but as other people have said it’s appropriate – it’s based on the paragon armour from GW1. Oddly enough I think it looks best on my asuran guardian, but then all the outfits seem to look good on her.

Overall though I’m not worried about them. Buying the Ultimate edition basically means I bought 4000 gems and then paid £27.50 for the Deluxe Edition – and the pass alone would cost me £10.60 so even if nothing else was included that’s a good deal. Anything else I use is a bonus and anything else I don’t is a non-issue.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I understood that the OP was complaining about the quality & aesthetics of the skins — they weren’t saying they got poor value for their US$80; they were saying they felt it wasn’t worthy of ANet.

To be fair, it’s a long wall of text and the point was easily lost (in fact, I wasn’t altogether sure until after reading the OP’s later replies).

On that basis, I agree: the skins are (to me) ugly. They are an accurate “port” of the original sunspear skins from GW1, which is exactly why I don’t like them. I think ANet’s learned a lot since then & I was hoping they’d do something completely new. (Although I’m surprised at myself for expecting this — of course if we’re going to Elona or Cantha, they are going to offer lots of nostalgia skins that will be a lot like the GW1 versions… and they’ll also offer some new stuff later on.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If you look at market value, 4K gems cost $50. PoF costs $30. There’s your $80. You got the fluff for free.

You don’t want to look at it like that? You thought the $25 difference between basic and deluxe meant the fluff ought to be worth $25? I suppose to some they will be. I’m sorry you don’t think so. I don’t either.

I looked at the weapon skins on Dulfy. they remind me a wee bit of Reclaimed Weapon Skins from HoT in that they are simple designs with little detail. It seems to me as if ANet has decided to make simpler designs with little detail serve the purpose of in-game sets or add-on fluff, while the Black Lion skins show a lot more work, and are either really well done or ornate to the point of being ludicrous.

Posted by: Late For Tea.1846

Late For Tea.1846

I love the weapon designs, they have a very clean and simple look. I wish I could get all of them, it will be hard to pick a single weapon. I’m glad they didn’t go for something overly complicated or particle overload. I prefer not to run around looking like an over-decorated christmas tree.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I like the outfit, it’s a near perfect rendition of the GW1 Sunspear uniform right down to the ill-advised exposed midriff on the female version. It’s excellent! The weapons in not sure on, the sword is good but I’ve left it in the bank for now.

Edit : I also bought my first passkey, for the Mistlock Sanctuary, with my “free” gems.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

The Weapons will most likely be the base version that allows you to get the nicer looking upgrade

So its not the final version that you see there

I dont know who it was but someone mentioned a Staff in the Trailer video that looks very similar to the Staff you can chose out of the Weapon Box when you preorder but it looks better…
So it will probably work like Machined Weapons for HoT
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
The outfit on the otherhand … yeh .. meh
I too am disappointed with that one :/

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Neuriot.9806

Neuriot.9806

While I wouldn’t have bought one of these for the sake of themselves, I choose the torch skin and I am happy enough with it. Not that I’ll ever use it because I like others better.

Ignoring the skins the ultimate pack is still a deal if you wanted the other things, which I did.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I like the outfit and have been wearing it on a couple of my toons. How many times were complaints voiced here regarding overly detailed outfits? Well, here’s one for the “simple crowd,” including me.

I wasn’t overly excited about any of the weapons.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Obviously I can only speak for myself, but I personally love the outfit. Even on my Charr characters I think it looks amazing. That being said, I do think that the weapon skin choices were a bit underwhelming. I’ll never say no to a skin though.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Look at it this way. You paid for the expansion and $50 in gems, all the stuff you’re complaining about was technically no extra cost.

I agree the weapon skin is plain Jane and the outfit is uggh city. So you still got a good mini, the teleport, a free 80, and free character slot and only paid for the gems. It’s still a good deal even with a lackluster outfit and weapon skin.

I do wish they had shown the downloadable items in advance that would have helped players who are at max toons or not interested in the other goodies at the mean time.

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

The Sunspear Weapon is a pre-purchase item, not Deluxe/Ultimate. As for the armor, it is a copy of a base Paragon armor from GW1. Such was why I went with the Standard. I get the pre-purchase bonuses and the lvl80, or even better, the goodies it gives for using on a lvl 80 instead. I figure why use the inta-80 when I have lots of insta-20/30/40s and over 400 tomes of knowledge. Easy lvl up right there lol.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Blah…blah…blah.

What Anet SHOULD have done to stoke even more excitement was had the “Lily of the Elon Permanent Pass” functional on preorder.

…..literally a no brainier.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Why would they offer something in a map that’s, perhaps, not finished, but definitely not accessible?

And, even if they did, what purpose would it serve? I suppose one would get to see new assests, but that’s about it. I imagine the Beta Weekend will take care of that.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Look at it this way. You paid for the expansion and $50 in gems, all the stuff you’re complaining about was technically no extra cost.

I agree the weapon skin is plain Jane and the outfit is uggh city. So you still got a good mini, the teleport, a free 80, and free character slot and only paid for the gems. It’s still a good deal even with a lackluster outfit and weapon skin.

I do wish they had shown the downloadable items in advance that would have helped players who are at max toons or not interested in the other goodies at the mean time.

There’s one more item you get that people forget about. You get a account wide inventory slot once you use the level 80 boost. That’s another 700 gems/$8.75 worth of value.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

I was also tempted by the 75€ version but I went for the 55€ instead because unfortunately none of the cash shop items fit a thief. Everything is so overloaded, bright and stuff. As single person roaming the jungle, I can’t have bling bling with and on me. I’d spent 10€ on an instant for a supressed pistol (with the right SFX of course), but those Barbie Fairytopia wings are not my thing. And since I want to support aNet I went for the middle-priced package..

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Supz.9836

Supz.9836

I agree OP that the skins look much worse than even very cheap in game items/armors. However I purchased the package for the other benefits, I saw enough value without the skins so not really too disappointed.

I wouldn’t expect they would generate too many sales if they were selling those skins as stand alone items in the gem store.

Posted by: Sarpan.9074

Sarpan.9074

I agree OP that the skins look much worse than even very cheap in game items/armors. However I purchased the package for the other benefits, I saw enough value without the skins so not really too disappointed.

I wouldn’t expect they would generate too many sales if they were selling those skins as stand alone items in the gem store.

That’s what I was going to say.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I mean, if you did it for the weapon, that was not a great reason to do it. I did it because the value, based on the gem price ingame, and the cost to purchase gems make the Ultimate edition worth $93.75 before even factoring in the game. So I just bought a bunch of gem market stuff I wouldn’t normally buy, and got an expansion thrown in for free. If the bonus for preordering isn’t that great, fine, it wasn’t factored into the cost anyway.

-edit-
Ok, so I actually hadn’t checked out the skins. Now I have and these are right up my alley. I don’t like sparkly and over the top skins. I am almost always more subdued, and these are kinds I would actually consider using. Now I’m a little torn cause I can only get one. So I have to hold onto them until I decide what character I’m going to make and if I’m going to give it to that character or an already existing one.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

So what is ultimate edition from noob perspective (only bonus items):

1. Char slot – 800 gems
2. Identity Repair Kit – 1000 gems
3. First ever outfit – 700 gems
4. Lily of Elon pass – 1000 gems
5. 4000 gems
Total of 7500 gems for 50 USD – ~42% discount

Definitely the deal for any starting player. Main question how many new players would invest in thing that they know nothing about even considering raw value?

Value for veteran player of bonus items:

1. Char slot – no value, bought enough slots several sales back (maybe just another mule, but at point of 10 slots you have enough mules already)
2. Identity Repair Kit – 1000 gems (great item considering new faces and name change contract, something you would not buy from a real need, but as an luxury)
3. Outfit – thrash item, no value, lets be honest this outfit not even close to the last outfit release
4. Lily of Elon pass – no value, most of veteran players had their passes already, and lets be honest it is downgrade to Mistlock Observatory
5. 4000 gems
Total of 5000 gems at best for 50 USD – 20% discount

Still a deal, but really moderate, there is no real sellers like robot outfit for ultimate bundle.

P.S. Personally I only bought Ultimate for Lily of Elon and gems to buy more shared slots (yes I has no pass 1400h in)

(edited by Yakez.7561)

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The Sunspear outfit is just that – the Sunspear outfit from GW1. It looks great on humans and Norn Females.

I think the weapon skin we got is actually going to end up being like the Plated weapons from Heart of Thorns – we’ll be able to upgrade it into a shinier one when the expansion launches.

Posted by: zionophir.6845

zionophir.6845

The only reason to prepurchase = ELONIAN SHIELD

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Come on, what did you expect? It’s the same with that snake mini we got when buying HoT, using it advertises your noobishness to the world ^^

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Just a flesh wound.3589

Come on, what did you expect? It’s the same with that snake mini we got when buying HoT, using it advertises your noobishness to the world ^^

It was a Mini Revenant Rytlock Brimstone that we got for buying HoT. The Mini Mystical Dragon was from setting up your account with SMS or an authenticator.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

The weaponset isn’t that bad at all, the shield and sword are pretty nice, the torch is fairly unique. Not too flashy perhaps, but I don’t like that anyway.

The outfit is a very poor choice though. It’s based off of the concept art As well as the generic looking Sunspear NPCs.

And I don’t understand why not of some rather than some of the actual paragon armor.
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Paragon_armor
Which is much better tailored to player characters.

The reason the outfit is so, well bad, is because it’s generic sunspear NPC armor.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Did someone say spike? That’s like anet’s favorite thing, in fact quaggans are not their mascot, spikes are.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

What I am very displeased with is the weapon skin and the outfit. I feel like 0 thought went into any of this.

I can understand you feelings, but I am pretty sure a lot of thought went into them. They are replicas or based on items that were a part of Nightfall in GW1. Offering them was a nod to the first game which many loved.

The weapon is a shrapnel of metal that they flailed out into a spike and they have 0 effects, 0 look and look like the dev team just threw it together over night and then claim its the weapons of the crystal des.

Actually they are nods to weapons from Nightfall. Many of the current weapons didn’t exist so they were crafted in that vein. Not all of us want sparkly, flash, weapons. These skins speak to me on a nostalgic and more realistic level.

Also the outfit. Now come on Anet I just bought the last outfit and it was the coolest one of all time. Next to the wintersday glowing one they are so cool, and we got some white pads that look like a combat wedding dress…

Your thoughts on the weapons and the outfit are purely subjective. You have every right to feel as you do, but my feelings about the weapons and outfit are completely opposite yours. I thought the last outfit was terrible. I love this Sunspear/Paragon outfit. It is simple and clean. It doesn’t have spikes all over or glow effects or any other weird (to me) things going on I do not enjoy. There is no way they can make something that pleases everyone. It doesn’t make them bad, it makes them not pleasing to you.

No one, and I repeat no one will use this as their fashion. Thoughts?

Simply not true. I already have the outfit on two of my characters. Elona was my favorite place in GW1 and I loved my Paragon. So you can repeat yourself over and over, but it will never make that last statement true or well thought out.

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

I don’t mind the outfit, very paragon sunspear like. I’m currently wearing mine on my guard, not showing helm though. The weapon could be better but does fit into the sunspear theme of things. I personally didn’t buy the ultimate for those though. I looked at it for the gems, and that you got a char slot, the lily scroll to crafting place for free. Plus i bought the hot ultimate when it came out too. Sure they could have added a bit more to it like a free decoration too. But all in all i’d say this ultimate was better then HoT’s and PoF already seems better then HoT and we havent even played it yet.

Posted by: Lordfroob.6415

Lordfroob.6415

Personally I thought it was hilarious that we got the guild wars 1 paragon armor as a outfit, anet has been reuseing content from guild wars 1 for weapon/armor skins for years now so im not sure why anyone is shocked at this.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

It’s not any armor you can wear in GW1 though. So Im not sure about it being actual Paragon armor. Especially as Paragons do not have any helmets. (But Crests, similar to what elementalists have )

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Sunspear_m_armored.jpg

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Because you know nothing about Nostalgia, Lord. And the great reasons behind that nostalgia.
This post is funny because people is complaining about free stuff that comes with Pre-Purchase, no mater what version.
It is a gift, don’t want it? Don’t like it? Feel free to destroy or wait till the Pre-Purchase goes away.
Oh well, just my opinion.
Hf and gl.

Posted by: Feothyr.6072

Feothyr.6072

What bothers me the most about the so called “Ultimate” edition is that it just doesn’t feel like it. Yes, 4k gems 50% off is pretty kitten nice, but it’s not ultimate.
I would have liked them to throw in something special, something unique. Like the special dances in Factions and Nightfall; the special glider in HoT; or the gloves/aura from the Guild Wars Collector’s Edition.

Goroth – Necro | Valea – Mesmer
Naneth – Guardian | Brannoc Oakbark – Ranger
Is all that we see or seem just a dream within a dream?