Forum for metas

Forum for metas

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

Ok, I see many many threads with complaints about “how people don’t know how to run a meta and because of them the meta fails”.

There is a forum that deals with fractals, dungeons and raids where people can post strategies and whatnots in these areas.

Could we get one for metas? I know that there are several websites out there that give information about that, but it would be really nice to have that information on the actual GW2 forum, instead of having people googling all over the place, getting sometime wrong information or just plain getting too frustrated looking for the info and just jumping in the meta doing whatever they were able to understand to do.

Forum for metas

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Do you mean meta builds or meta events?

Meta is a prefix, it doesn’t really mean anything on its own and in this case I certainly can’t work out what you mean from the context.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Forum for metas

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Perhaps the place for a clearinghouse for meta event tactics would be whichever board (probably the general Heart of Thorns board) the complaints appear in.

Forum for metas

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Do you mean meta builds or meta events?

Meta is a prefix, it doesn’t really mean anything on its own and in this case I certainly can’t work out what you mean from the context.

That is why the forum could be called “Meta Events” instead of just “meta”

Forum for metas

Anyandrell.6238

Yes, Meta Events. The HoT is still fairly new, for older players who got their HoT recently or for new players. It would be helpful to have a few guides. You know like “Auric Basin meta: Pre explanations; Main event explanation like: East octovine, grab bombs, glide and drop bombs on the octovine til slime shields are removed, then burn; wait to kill until all corners can kill at once”

Forum for metas

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Isn’t the GW2W dedicated to this effort though? And various other unofficial sources?

Forum for metas

Anyandrell.6238

Unfortunately the wiki doesn’t have the HoT metas. And I honestly find whatever HoT information on it quite insufficient.