FotM changes!

FotM changes!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Clyan.1593

Clyan.1593

THANK YOU so much for this, ANet:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-brand-new-fractals-of-the-mists-legendary-backpacks-ascended-salvaging-and-more/

After more than a year of farming fractal weapons without any progress,
I’ve given up on it. I play all classes and six of them have full 80 AR ascended
gear – but despite my efford and passion for this dungeon (which imo is
the best this game has to offer) i never achieved my goal.
But now with those changes you are promising i finally see a light at the
end of the tunnel.

Thanks again and again!

PS: now please add FoW and UW and i will worship this game as i did
it with GW1… please.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”
– Dark Lord of Moshpoipoi

(edited by Clyan.1593)

FotM changes!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I wonder if those changes will be restricted to only those with the expansion.

FotM changes!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I would think not, Ayrilana. They won’t leave the old 3+1 RNG in place for non-HoTters, and I’m not sure how they’d tailor loot tables based on HoT status. They could lock out 51-100 for non-HoTters, I suppose.

“At the end of every fractal, you’ll find a lockbox in the final chest called a fractal encryption. " I read this as meaning even the lower tier ones.

“you’ll be able to trade fractal encryptions with your fellow Tyrians.” — so even those who don’t run the fractals might be able to buy the boxes with a chance at the cool stuff inside.

“Once you’ve completed fractal scale 50, the golem BUY-2046 in the Mistlock Observatory will sell you a fractal weapon crate for pristine fractal relics, which will grant you a fractal weapon skin of your choice.” — And you can get to 50 now. I do wonder how many relics per crate.

I’m happy they are retrofitting achieve tracking. I might finally do Divemaster, or find the 30th coin in the first part of Dry Top.

FotM changes!

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

CAT GOLEMS MINIS
FRACTAL WEAPONS CRATES

can i has this now, meow?!

FotM changes!

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

Looks like I’ll actually be doing fractals from time to time now. The current time investment was something I could only rarely manage. Now? Now I can get something done!

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

FotM changes!

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Well… Looking for someone to teach me fractals o.O

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

FotM changes!

Ayrilana.1396

I would think not, Ayrilana. They won’t leave the old 3+1 RNG in place for non-HoTters, and I’m not sure how they’d tailor loot tables based on HoT status. They could lock out 51-100 for non-HoTters, I suppose.

“At the end of every fractal, you’ll find a lockbox in the final chest called a fractal encryption. " I read this as meaning even the lower tier ones.

“you’ll be able to trade fractal encryptions with your fellow Tyrians.” — so even those who don’t run the fractals might be able to buy the boxes with a chance at the cool stuff inside.

“Once you’ve completed fractal scale 50, the golem BUY-2046 in the Mistlock Observatory will sell you a fractal weapon crate for pristine fractal relics, which will grant you a fractal weapon skin of your choice.” — And you can get to 50 now. I do wonder how many relics per crate.

I’m happy they are retrofitting achieve tracking. I might finally do Divemaster, or find the 30th coin in the first part of Dry Top.

I was referring to the other changes rather than the formatting of FotM. You know, like salvaging ascended, legendary backpack, new fractal weapon acquisition, etc.

FotM changes!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Only problem is that they mention fractal encryption keys later on. So how do we get those, besides trading in something from the salvaged ascended equipment? Some of us barely get any ascended equipment, let alone ones to want to salvage…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

FotM changes!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Ah, that makes sense. An addition to my quotes, I just noticed that the encryptions will need keys to open, and those keys apparently come from currency gained by salvaging rings etc. Thus you might need HoT to be able to open them.

But I did mean the new fractal weapon acquisition would apply even if you don’t have HoT since they elected to have it available at level 50. That strongly suggests to me that it will be part of the core game. No guarantee, of course.

FotM changes!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

New ascended salvage kits will be added to BUY-4373; salvaging each type of item, like gloves or weapons, will yield different results, but all will provide a chance at the new ball of dark energy salvage item that will be used for crafting new legendary items in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns and beyond. Salvaging ascended rings will also grant players stabilizing matrices, a necessary component for legendary crafting. These can also be traded in for fractal encryption keys.

So we now have to grind fractals if we want new Legendarys ? Great news.
Oh yeah .. or else craft and destroy ascended stuffs for 100s of gold and
throw out my laurels for rings just to salvage them

I am more and more sure that the new legendarys with the oh so awaitet
precursor hunt will end in a grind thats much more time and money consuming
in the end than the actual model.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

FotM changes!

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I wonder if those changes will be restricted to only those with the expansion.

Hopefully not, enough with trying to cater to people who do not want to support the game and help it grow.

FotM changes!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Wasn’t clear to me whether I’d have to go to a fractal to work on a Legendary back pack or if the wording meant there were places in fractals ‘and’ PvE that you could pick up the same mats. I guess it’s probably the former. [emoticon redacted]

FotM changes!

Posted by: watergenji.5816

watergenji.5816

Am I the only one just GIDDY with excitement?! I feel like I just got notice that we’ll have Christmas for a freaking MONTH!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH Thank you Anet!!!

FotM changes!

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Am I the only one just GIDDY with excitement?! I feel like I just got notice that we’ll have Christmas for a freaking MONTH!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH Thank you Anet!!!

Really?

I dont want to derail the hype train but most of this changes players asking for months/over an year and they seem to me more than an feature patch ..

But everyone is hyped by other things

FotM changes!

Posted by: Yoshiro.8170

Yoshiro.8170

Any idea how they will prevent everyone from just running swamp?

FotM changes!

Zaron.1987

why?

isnt it a great idea to level up to 100 by only rushing/grind swamp?
edit: Same thing as the pvp dragon rank through farming arenas evil laugh

(edited by Zaron.1987)

FotM changes!

Yoshiro.8170

why?

i wouldn´t be against that but its a waste for them.. all that content not being utilized :s
besides with the metadata gathered we wont ever have new fractal lvls xD
Imo its one of those things that is so good it ends being bad.

FotM changes!

rhapsody.3615

Only problem is that they mention fractal encryption keys later on. So how do we get those, besides trading in something from the salvaged ascended equipment? Some of us barely get any ascended equipment, let alone ones to want to salvage…

I think it’s meant to give us something to do with the rings. People who have been doing fractals for a while have bank tabs full of them, and have been asking for an alternative to selling them for 4.95 silver.

FotM changes!

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Glad people are hyped for this. I’ll hold off on my excitement till we see just how it all works and what the rng is like on the new stuff.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

FotM changes!

Zaron.1987

why?

i wouldn´t be against that but its a waste for them.. all that content not being utilized :s

my post had an ironictouch.

i am also afraid that same silly thing as the dragon rank in pvp which is worth nothing will happen to fractals

Imo its one of those things that is so good it ends being bad

—> excactly This!

FotM changes!

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I know right? The game has yet to give me a single ascended item, no matter how much I do I never get any, just a single recipe from SW.
And I see all this stuff revolving around salvaging ascended gear I never get and already costs an arm and a leg to craft (seriously, how much higher are prices going to spike when people start crafting ascended to salvage?).

I’m really excited for most everything else, but I see that and it makes me sad. I salvaged dozens of exotics (all 80) to just barely get the 10 dark matter to craft a single ascended weapon. And those I could at least purchase here and there, since I get maybe one exotic drop a month.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

FotM changes!

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

I’m really happy for this announcement, i really think FOTM deserves a central role in GW2.

If you think about it the entire ascended equipment was basically introduced for Fractals (with the Agony system), but Fractals had many issues (duration, rewards, challenge etc.) that it seems HoT will resolve.

Honestly, Hype is real

FotM changes!

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

How would leveling work in this new system?

FotM changes!

Yoshiro.8170

why?

my post had an ironictouch.

i am also afraid that same silly thing as the dragon rank in pvp which is worth nothing will happen to fractals

Imo its one of those things that is so good it ends being bad

—> excactly This!

Yeah i noticed the irony but.. xD
Another thing i wonder is regarding the leg backpack, the image looks similar to the fractal capacitor, think it will be a crafting ingredient for the back show on the shot?
And im so curious about the new fractal weapon design -

FotM changes!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Good god I’ve just been slapped by the hype stick.

This is the most exciting thing I’ve read about HoT, I’m sooooooooooo excited now.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

FotM changes!

rhapsody.3615

I know right? The game has yet to give me a single ascended item, no matter how much I do I never get any, just a single recipe from SW.
And I see all this stuff revolving around salvaging ascended gear I never get and already costs an arm and a leg to craft (seriously, how much higher are prices going to spike when people start crafting ascended to salvage?).

I’m really excited for most everything else, but I see that and it makes me sad. I salvaged dozens of exotics (all 80) to just barely get the 10 dark matter to craft a single ascended weapon. And those I could at least purchase here and there, since I get maybe one exotic drop a month.

The good news is it seems the ascended armor salvaging will only be a requirement for the legendary backpack… Which is completely unnecessary and optional, assuming its stats will be equal to an ascended backpack.

You have to realize that some of these are very long term goals. Some players have been doing fractals long enough to have bank tabs filled with ascended stuff. Just look at some of the pictures in this thread- quite impressive! https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fractal-Skin-Living-Dex-complete-Yay/first#post5308642

(edited by rhapsody.3615)

FotM changes!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

You play FoTM regularly and have gotten even ONE ascended ring???

I don’t believe you. Like even a little.

The abundance of Ascended gear comes from FoTM, and the vast majority of that is rings, which is what I’m assuming will be the items salvaged the most.

Outside of FoTM, I don’t think I’ve ever gotten an Ascended drop. Maybe once from Teq randomly. So, this whole Ascended salvage concept is almost assuredly for regularly FoTM players (that do above FoTM10) who have bank tabs full of useless rings.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

FotM changes!

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Pick the fractal?

Dredge fractal will never be done again. ever.

FotM changes!

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

You play FoTM regularly and have gotten even ONE ascended ring???

I don’t believe you. Like even a little.

The abundance of Ascended gear comes from FoTM, and the vast majority of that is rings, which is what I’m assuming will be the items salvaged the most.

Outside of FoTM, I don’t think I’ve ever gotten an Ascended drop. Maybe once from Teq randomly. So, this whole Ascended salvage concept is almost assuredly for regularly FoTM players (that do above FoTM10) who have bank tabs full of useless rings.

No no, I don’t do a ton of FoTM, maybe once a week, but even with that I still have no ascended to show for it. But I see people get ascended drops all over the place (alledgedly I guess?), teq (every time), VW, SW chests, WvW, PvP.
I get nothing.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

FotM changes!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I wonder when they add the leader board will they reset progress again or can I continue up from 43 to 50?

FotM changes!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

So with it going to one fractal ‘island’ does that mean one fractal and then boss fractal, or just one fractal (which may be one of the three boss ones)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

FotM changes!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I was thinking the new weapon (I’m guessing that’s a new weapon skin) they showed in the Blog was one of the new weapons referred to in the blog.

No idea, really, though. (Not really my preferred style.)

FotM changes!

rhapsody.3615

I was thinking the new weapon (I’m guessing that’s a new weapon skin) they showed in the Blog was one of the new weapons referred to in the blog.

No idea, really, though. (Not really my preferred style.)

It does have that fractal look at the top of the blade near the hilt, so probably. Looks better than the current fractal gs imo.

FotM changes!

Posted by: Overgrown Grub.5921

Overgrown Grub.5921

woo must do boring fractals if you want to get legendary gear/salvage ascended items.
anet continues the mindless grind.

FotM changes!

Posted by: cthaeh.2168

cthaeh.2168

Pick the fractal?

They fixed dredge a while back.The panel room now spawns a manageable amount of enemies. Bomb runs are doable without wiping. No more clown car. I haven’t seen anyone gripe about it since they fixed it

FotM changes!

Yoshiro.8170

Pick the fractal?

They fixed dredge a while back.The panel room now spawns a manageable amount of enemies. Bomb runs are doable without wiping. No more clown car. I haven’t seen anyone gripe about it since they fixed it

That may all be true, but its still one of the longer levels, and give the chance people will do the path of least resistance most of the time.. so i doubt it will be chossen again, same as grawl xD

FotM changes!

Ayrilana.1396

Pick the fractal?

That may all be true, but its still one of the longer levels, and give the chance people will do the path of least resistance most of the time.. so i doubt it will be chossen again, same as grawl xD

Yeah. What’s to prevent someone who has completed the highest fractal level of swamp from advertising a service to host it so everyone can do it repeatedly to progress their fractal levels? You can easily reach 100 in a day at that rate. I’m also pretty sure that swamp would be used for the daily tiered rewards as well.

FotM changes!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

So basically everyone will just do molten bosses from now on?

Those 2 take like 2 minutes tops to kill, I can level 1-100 in 2 hours if they let us just pick what to do.

FotM changes!

Posted by: Last Path.1948

Last Path.1948

Never doing Grawl again \o/

FotM changes!

Zaron.1987

btw nice that official members of anet answer the same questions at reddit and ingore it /dont write here .GJ

FotM changes!

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

btw nice that official members of anet answer the same questions at reddit and ingore it /dont write here .GJ

Not only answer but engage in a conversation on the subject,and not one but two members of anet staff.

FotM changes!

Posted by: Spook.9016

Spook.9016

PLEASE DON’T limit the salvage kit to fract-item-buy-only.

FotM changes!

Posted by: Spook.9016

Spook.9016

Oh they do that with lotro and WoW, they answer on twitter before their home forums, then try to play that crap on soft promo for twitter, no thanks!

FotM changes!

Ayrilana.1396

I think that the Gw2 reddit has more viewers and active posters which may be why they tend to post there first. Most Anet posts there end up getting linked back here anyway. Just my speculation.

FotM changes!

Zaron.1987

I think that the Gw2 reddit has more viewers and active posters which may be why they tend to post there first. Most Anet posts there end up getting linked back here anyway. Just my speculation.

then they maybe should close official forum and move to reddit

and their is also no kitten censor at reddit. maybe they should introduce this kitten service at reddit too in cooperation with anet

(edited by Zaron.1987)

FotM changes!

Posted by: Svarcanum.5028

Svarcanum.5028

Wow, finally! Let my own personal HoT hype train begin! At long last I’m actually looking forward to this expansion!

FotM changes!

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

I’m not a fan of fractals and I doubt this will lure new players into doing them on a mass scale.

But my reasons for not liking them have more to do with frustrating pugs, unforgiving strats if you have 1 or 2 lesser skilled players in groups and more importantly the total lack of any kind of check system when a player joins a group with less AR than is required for the dungeon being run.

None of these issues are being addressed which ensures that fractals will continue to be restricted to players who want to endure hundreds of nightmare pugs or those who have a regular premade group.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

FotM changes!

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I’ve learned not to believe it til it happens

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

FotM changes!

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Good job Anet, you finally improved FotM rewards only to simultaneously hurt the essence of what makes FotM fun, replacing it with grindy monotony. It isn’t that hard to see what will happen to FotM in the future.

- A few weeks a decent chunk of players will have leveled to 100. People who are a lower level will run the same easy fractal level over and over again to level simply because it is easier than the others. This is a mistake which we can already clearly see in how people exclusively run 40/49/50 and none of the other high levels. By removing all RNG elements people have little incentive to run harder fractals. After all, why run cliffside with no projectile reflection when you can complete swamp with no endurance in 1/5 of the time. The only reason why there may be some variability would be because people want to do the dailies for the pristine relics.

- Several months in people will have completed their FotM weapons collection. At this point there is no incentive to do the dailies, only to find the easiest fractal with the best chance of giving them a golden weapon/fotm tonic.

- In the far future this monotony will only increase because this system heavily encourages NOT adding new fractals. Each level will be specifically tied into a fractal and instability which means they would need to redo their leveling system every time they want to add a new fractal. Not that it seems they have any intention of adding new fractals anyway, after not having anything new for 1.75 years and no news of new fractals in HoT in this blog post.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

FotM changes!

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Meh. I never did fractals before, and these changes won’t get me in there.

Yours truly: A guy that can’t jump worth kitten.