Four Coriolis Plaza portals turned on?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shaman.2034

Shaman.2034

I walked into Coriolis Plaza in Lion’s Arch just to get away from the crowds for a bit, and there were four portals activated. They don’t go anywhere, but maybe they’re for something coming up later in the living story?

The first picture is of the three portals directly to the left after entering the plaza, and the second picture is of the portal closest to the entrance on the right, just inside.

Attachments:

Posted by: Haaretram.6214

Haaretram.6214

According to the wiki, this happens from time to time. Since nothing has come out of it in the past, there is little reason to believe they will be used in the near future.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Interesting find, last time i was there they werent complete. Though i doubt they are for this arch, if anything it is for the second arch which will most likely be back to the dragons, hopefully the Krakaltoric (or w/e his russian name is). All I know is that one of those portals will definitely take you to Orr. Perhaps we might even have a land expansion.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Interesting find, last time i was there they werent complete. Though i doubt they are for this arch, if anything it is for the second arch which will most likely be back to the dragons, hopefully the Krakaltoric (or w/e his russian name is). All I know is that one of those portals will definitely take you to Orr. Perhaps we might even have a land expansion.

Still my beating heart! O: I hope so!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

There’s such a portal in Rata Sum as well, and it’s there for as long as I can remember. Dunno about those portals, though.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I always assumed those portals were put in there as kind of placeholders so that if and when Anet do add new areas they’ve got a space to put the gates without having to re-design LA or put them somewhere awkward and out the way.

I was really surprised when they added a portal to Southsun that it wasn’t one of those, although I suppose it does make sense for it to be down on the Consortium dock.

Also I’m not sure why but I’ve noticed they seem more likely to be activated just after a patch or reset than at any other time. I think it might be random most of the time but for some reason they start switched on.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

There’s such a portal in Rata Sum as well, and it’s there for as long as I can remember. Dunno about those portals, though.

Are you talking about the portal to the polymock arena?

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Are you talking about the portal to the polymock arena?

I don’t really remember if it says where it leads to; I just know that you can’t use the portal. Can’t really check right now, because I should go to sleep haha.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Pretty sure the portal across from the LA portal in Rata Sum is part of the asura personal story.

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

Pretty sure the portal across from the LA portal in Rata Sum is part of the asura personal story.

It’s used in some of the asura personal story.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

It’s used in some of the asura personal story.

Thank you, department of redundancy department.