Four new bank tabs! -.-

Four new bank tabs! -.-

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

Previously I had bought all 8 bank tabs and created an alt with 20 slot bags to hold all of my stuff, so I am really thankful for the extra 4 slots!

However, this is only a temporary fix for a huge issue, one that deserves a real permanent fix.

1/2 of my storage is being used by excess mats and back pieces/skins from the living story and gem store. And with living story updates coming every two weeks we are on track to get another 100+, back pieces alone, by the second anniversary.

And I would happily pay for these features.

1. Mats should stack infinitely, just like our currency does.
  2. Pack pieces, weapons skins, gem store town clothes and armor skins should all be unlocked account wide and stored with an NPC, like the HoM historian, or in the hero panel, like AP skins.

I would happily pay for an item that even lets us stack 500-1,000 mats in the mat slot or pay for an tab that stores all LS skins.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

(edited by Beorn Saxon.4762)

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

buy more gems! We all know that’s what this game is about..

So if you keep buying, Anet shall keep releasing more junk to clog up your bank while the rest of the game goes to kitten..so.. you will buy more gems..!!

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Beorn Saxon.4762

So if you keep buying, Anet shall keep releasing more junk to clog up your bank while the rest of the game goes to kitten..so.. you will buy more gems..!!

I would happily purchase the ability to store mats and skins indefinitely.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

I would happily purchase the ability to store mats and skins indefinitely.

They didn’t give us that option

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

I don’t mind the materials so much, any that you have multiple stacks of are either so common that you shouldn’t feel the need to stockpile so much or worth so much that you shouldn’t mind them taking up some bank space.

I do agree about unlocked/purchased skins though! Some sort of storage for them (besides bank/bag slots) would be great. Even if it didn’t unlock them across the whole account, just having some extra room for them without constantly feeling the need to buy more slots or delete these items that might not ever be available again would be nice. I like free stuff from living story, but it’s not so free if you actually want to keep it all I guess.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I feel your pain. I was very happy to see the expansion to the number of bank tabs we can purchase.

I don’t think mats should stack infinitely. It opens it up to cause hording issues. Some people only opt to sell mats when they feel they have too many. Such things could cause a shortage for some materials, resulting in price hikes. Economies are delicate things. I can agree with increasing the stack size, but not simply opening it up to being unlimited.

Hopefully we will see some type of skin ‘locker’ for all of the back piece skins. Colin has mentioned that this is something they would like to do, this way the skins can be usable across the account and not just the single time use. I’m sure that is something that would take time though. Something similar to the pvp locker, the HoM historian, the AP skin window, or even the GW1 hat maker would like be sufficient models for such a task, just revamped for the new purpose.

I can agree with the event back pieces being something unlocked and then shared across the account. Even the weapon skins. I’m a little ify on the gem store town clothes and armor skins though. Costumes in GW1 worked this way (1 purchase, unlocked for the whole account) and I’d be happy to have the gem store skins work similarly here as well, but my concern would be how much this affects their revenue stream. In addition to that, for people that have purchased multiple sets of the skins, do they get compensated? (I would say yes, but every business handles such things differently) Just things they would have to consider during their planning and implementation.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Mordar.4286

Mordar.4286

yay, 4 bank tabs you have to pay real money for….it’s sad the bank it’s smaller than your actual loot bag, ridiculous, can’t believe World of Warcraft, a much inferior game already has stuff like free bank tabs with your bags and a transmogrification bank so you can store your gear skins

(edited by Mordar.4286)

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Beorn Saxon.4762

yay, 4 bank tabs you have to pay real money for….it’s sad the bank it’s smaller than your actual loot bag, ridiculous, can’t believe World of Warcraft, a much inferior game already has stuff like free bank tabs with your bags and a transmogrification bank so you can store your gear skins

WoW also had a monthly fee which is why their stuff may have been free. I don’t mind anet charging for these items, especially since gems can be bought with in game currency, I’d just like fixes for these real issues not just excess tabs.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I’d love to see an increase of stacksize to 1000, those mats are getting more and more and why would we need collection tabs in the first place when you can’t use them once full?

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Stack size SHOULD HAVE been much larger from the beginning. This was BEGGED FOR in GW1 for several years only to fall on deaf ears, so, it’s VERY DOUBTFUL it will happen here which is sad.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well shaman did datamine information on a gemstore object which increased stack size. Now, this could have been a hoax, or it just hasn’t made it into production yet, but it shows that the thought has at least occurred to them. If we ask nicely, this may yet be a quality of life change we might see.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Apparently there is a gem store item on the horizon which actually allows you to add +250 to each material in your storage. Once again, to clarify, the item is going to be a consumable that adds 250 to each material (rare + common) in the collectables tab.

As far as I know you’ll also be able to buy these more than once and bring your stack size to 1000+ in the collections tab.

They are also “looking in to” a wardrobe system like the account achievement skins, and PvP locker to store all event weapon skins that can be withdrawn infinitely on any character on the account.

No word on either of these as far as a release date goes.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

TehPwnerer.7215

Stack size SHOULD HAVE been much larger from the beginning. This was BEGGED FOR in GW1 for several years only to fall on deaf ears, so, it’s VERY DOUBTFUL it will happen here which is sad.

Yeah I agree it was a big problem in GW1. I had 12 characters in GW1 and all storage upgrades. 7 characters were full of other items, consumables, materials as well so I was definitely short on space.

Here’s the thing though. Most other games have stack sizes around 20 for just about every stackable item. So while it still sucks, it is still better than most other MMOs. We can just ask for change though. I do hope they get it in here soon though.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

They should combine number of bank slots with mat stacks. Every bank slot = 50+ mat stacks. But that’s not gonna happen.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

My god guys why do you even have that much crap in your bank in the first place? The skins I understand, but materials? Seriously? For what possible reason would you ever hoard so many of anything? Just craft up the gear you want for your characters and then SELL the left over junk.

Honestly, do you really need enough clutter in your bank to make a legendary weapon ten times over?

Compulsive hoarding

Compulsive hoarding (or pathological collecting, or, informally, packratting) is a pattern of behavior that is characterized by the excessive acquisition of and inability or unwillingness to discard large quantities of objects that cover the living areas of the home and cause significant distress or impairment. Compulsive hoarding behavior has been associated with health risks, impaired functioning, economic burden, and adverse effects on friends and family members.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

My god guys why do you even have that much crap in your bank in the first place? The skins I understand, but materials? Seriously? For what possible reason would you ever hoard so many of anything? Just craft up the gear you want for your characters and then SELL the left over junk.

Honestly, do you really need enough clutter in your bank to make a legendary weapon ten times over?

Depending on what crafts you are leveling, it may require you to have far more materials than what is possible to stack. Especially if you’re in the mist of crafting ascended weapons, and it will get worse when ascended armor comes out.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Arkham Creed.7358

Depending on what crafts you are leveling, it may require you to have far more materials than what is possible to stack. Especially if you’re in the mist of crafting ascended weapons, and it will get worse when ascended armor comes out.

I still highly doubt that you actually need enough materials to fill twelve bank tabs.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

TehPwnerer.7215

Compulsive hoarding

Compulsive hoarding (or pathological collecting, or, informally, packratting) is a pattern of behavior that is characterized by the excessive acquisition of and inability or unwillingness to discard large quantities of objects that cover the living areas of the home and cause significant distress or impairment. Compulsive hoarding behavior has been associated with health risks, impaired functioning, economic burden, and adverse effects on friends and family members.

I keep materials around because I don’t need money but I just haven’t gotten around to crafting on my alts yet. Also, saving things to use them later isn’t compulsive hoarding, it’s making sure I don’t need to buy anything for professions later.

Also I like to give things out to guildies in need so if someone needs some materials they’re short, rather than make them buy the materials I will gladly give them ones I have saved up for other crafting professions down the road.

Who are you to judge people on saving materials in such a screwed up in-game economy? It means they’re smart and don’t want to overpay for materials later – doesn’t mean they’re compulsively hoarding.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Arkham Creed.7358

I keep materials around because I don’t need money but I just haven’t gotten around to crafting on my alts yet.

So then you admit that your bank is full not because of some “screwed up economy” or poor design, but rather because you simply can’t be bothered to actually use those materials for their intended purpose, thus meaning there is no point in actually having them?

Four new bank tabs! -.-

TehPwnerer.7215

I keep materials around because I don’t need money but I just haven’t gotten around to crafting on my alts yet.

So then you admit that your bank is full not because of some “screwed up economy” or poor design, but rather because you simply can’t be bothered to actually use those materials for their intended purpose, thus meaning there is no point in actually having them?

Argue semantics. I don’t care. If I sold them to just buy or farm them later I’d be wasting time and money.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Arkham Creed.7358

Argue semantics. I don’t care. If I sold them to just buy or farm them later I’d be wasting time and money.

Assuming you ever actually do have need of them. As it stands you don’t use them, and apparently may not ever. So; if you stockpile items to use later, but don’t actually use them at any point, what would that be wasting?

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Beorn Saxon.4762

Compulsive hoarding

I’m not a hoarder and I despise hoarding but my bank is full. GG.

1st Tab – always empty for moving items around and common use
2nd Tab – buffs, food, poitions
3rd Tab – Account bound consumables (rez orbs, repair kits, bank merch etc)
4th Tab – Legendary mats
5th Tab – Account bound tonics & BL salvage tools
6th Tab – all extra mats (half of which are account bound ascended mats)
7th Tab – Living story skins
8th Tab – Living story skins

I’m extremely picky on what I keep and most of these items are account bound and are either hard to get or can never be gotten again.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Beorn Saxon.4762

And hoarding isnt the issue anyway, as stated originally, more tabs dont fix the fact that we should be able to hold more than 250 of each mat, and with LS updates every two weeks the skins will take up increasingly more space. Anet needs to hop on this bc from here on out it’ll only get worse.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Arkham Creed.7358

And hoarding isnt the issue anyway, as stated originally, more tabs dont fix the fact that we should be able to hold more than 250 of each mat, and with LS updates every two weeks the skins will take up increasingly more space. Anet needs to hop on this bc from here on out it’ll only get worse.

As far as hoarding materials, I stand by what I said. Given that all my characters craft their own gear and I have yet to need to buy even one extra bank tab, apparently you guys are just doing something wrong.

And as far as skins, I already said I agree on that point. And so does Arena Net, hence why Colin said they were working on an account bound wardrobe for unlocking skins in an interview a while back. So you know; there’s that.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Wow, and I thought I had a lot of Living Story junk!

I still only have the original bank tab, 10 items sitting in one of my main characters bags and a few bits and pieces elsewhere. I do also have a private guild bank (only the first tab) but that’s just used for intermediate cooking ingredients and other crafting bits because I’m trying to level all the crafts and I’m not doing it following a guide or anything so I often make components I can’t use right away.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

One thing that really helps is to create a personal guild (create several if you have room for it), and just take the first guild bank storage (500 for level + 500 influence storage). Create another guild (with just you in it) and do it again.

Only issue is you can’t store ‘account bound’ items but you can still put all your excess materials and random items you might acquire (just killed a whole bunch of exotic drops thanks to Dark Matter a few weeks back).

But even then, I still bought 2 more bank tabs yesterday

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Beorn Saxon.4762

apparently you guys are just doing something wrong.

Um no, I’m not ‘doing it wrong’. Just bc someone does it different does not mean it’s wrong.

Maybe 250 stacks are suffice for 1 character, but i have 8 and they are all working on crafting their own exotic/ascended/legendary gear. And that takes a lot of mats. I’m not just going to sell off my excess T6 and ectos bc you think I should only have 250 exactly at a time.

Half of the new ascended mats are also account bound so I can’t sell. I’m not ready to craft yet, so what would say, just delete them? Um no thank you.

It is a legitimate issue whether or not you think it is. Sure some ppl would horde way to much, but that does not mean we shouldn’t be allowed to horde a reasonable amount, and 250 for 8 toons working on high end gear is not suffice.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

(edited by Beorn Saxon.4762)

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Beorn Saxon.4762

Why do you think anet made currency stacks higher? Bc they have purchasable items that require more than 250, and bc excess currencies were taking up bank space.

Mats are the same, anet has craftable items that take more than 250 of a certain mat, and excess mats are now taking up bank space.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Im Mudbone.1437

I still highly doubt that you actually need enough materials to fill twelve bank tabs.

I have 10 bank tabs now and only 1 and ½ have empty slots, I farm and provide mats to my guild-mates(I am the go-to guy in my guild for help in this area when needed) as well as my own crafting initiative, so, I NEED more than most because of this.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

You used the wrong meme…

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Oh lol I have my bank maxed out and full, I have character mules maxed and full , I have personal guild vault .

I can’t help myself , I need therapy ,

Did I also mention I get a friend to log in and organise it all for me when it becomes out of hand?

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

After the wallet upgrade, if you’re managing to completely fill up 12 bank tabs, you need to seriously reevaluate what you think is worth keeping.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

If they made mats and others stack to 2500+ we wouldn’t need so many bank tabs..

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Beorn Saxon.4762

After the wallet upgrade, if you’re managing to completely fill up 12 bank tabs, you need to seriously reevaluate what you think is worth keeping.

You obviously haven’t read the thread. Regardless of how many bank tabs anet gives us, more tabs is not the proper fix for excess mats and living story/gem store skins.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Make personal guild banks, I can’t imagine most people are in more than 2 or 3 actual guilds. 5g=50 slots, 40g = 100 slots, 60g = 100 slots for a total of 105g = 250 slots per guild.

If gems were as low as 100 for 4g (they have been 4.5 to 5g or more for the last month,) a bank tab would cost you 24g. So 48g = 60 slots (low balling it)…but 45g = 150 slots in personal guild bank space. Sure, you can’t put account bound / soul bound stuff in a guild bank, but everything else can be stuffed in there!

(edited by azurrei.5691)

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Free bank tabs!? And they don’t even charge you a subscription fee!? How charitable of them!

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Im Mudbone.1437

The wallet doesn’t hold mats, that’s what the collections and bank tabs are for.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

how many guilds can you belong to and how many can you create?

edit : you can belong to 5

but how many can you create.

It may be cheaper to create a few 50 slot vaults rather that 1 larger vault?

(edited by Lisa.6102)

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Quarktastic.1027

The wallet doesn’t hold mats, that’s what the collections and bank tabs are for.

Then…use your mats as you need them? I don’t see the allure in stockpiling stacks upon stacks of mats “just in case” or “I’m waiting for the price to go up so I can make bank.”

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Im Mudbone.1437

Then…use your mats as you need them? I don’t see the allure in stockpiling stacks upon stacks of mats “just in case” or “I’m waiting for the price to go up so I can make bank.”

I guess you didn’t read a previous post by me explaining WHY I collect mats, if you had this post wouldn’t be up and I’m not going to repeat myself, go back a few replies.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I would love to get double space for materials. 250*250=62500, oooooooooooooooh!

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I have 10 bank tabs now and only 1 and ½ have empty slots, I farm and provide mats to my guild-mates(I am the go-to guy in my guild for help in this area when needed) as well as my own crafting initiative, so, I NEED more than most because of this.

If they’re for your guild surely they should be in the guild bank?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Personally i think that they need to put some kind of closet and another furniture that allows to put skins, city outfits and tonics when they release player houses (i mean custumizable,i know we have personal instance that are our homes).
About the mats for guildies: more guild bank space (much more than 4 bank slots lol).

Thing a part i want your signatre Mudbone:
Some people are alive only because it’s illegal to kill them.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

It gets full hiper easy , and since theres only three divisions, you cant make one for free mats so eaasily.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

I have 4 bank tabs, usually about 75% full, sometimes it gets to 100% and I clean it up.

9 characters, 2 are half filled mules.

I have no issues with space, or money, or anything else.

Hoarding is wrong.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Beorn Saxon.4762

Regardless of your view on hoarding, more bank tabs is not the solution for mats that pile up past 250, nor a solution for account bound skins that are being thrown at us every two weeks.

Adding more tabs and/or creating a guild bank is not a correct/proper fix. Those are temp fixes.

And apparently anet has previously commented that they are looking into a solution for the skins and have half developed the ability to allow us to hold more than 250 in mat slots. ANET themselves view it as an issue that needs a fix, so arguing other wise at this point is just silly. I’m really annoyed by the people blindly accusing others of hoarding to much and needing to come up with other sub-par fixes.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Quarktastic.1027

I guess you didn’t read a previous post by me explaining WHY I collect mats, if you had this post wouldn’t be up and I’m not going to repeat myself, go back a few replies.

If the mats are for your guildmates, there’s a guild bank for that. Perhaps you should petition your guildmates to make some space for your generous services.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Quarktastic.1027

Regardless of your view on hoarding, more bank tabs is not the solution for mats that pile up past 250, nor a solution for account bound skins that are being thrown at us every two weeks.

Adding more tabs and/or creating a guild bank is not a correct/proper fix. Those are temp fixes.

And apparently anet has previously commented that they are looking into a solution for the skins and have half developed the ability to allow us to hold more than 250 in mat slots. ANET themselves view it as an issue that needs a fix, so arguing other wise at this point is just silly. I’m really annoyed by the people blindly accusing others of hoarding to much and needing to come up with other sub-par fixes.

I consider myself a hoarder. In every game I have ever played, I would collect everything there was to collect. And yet, in each game, I was able to manage my ridiculous inventory needs without petitioning anyone for more storage.

Currently, I have two bank tabs, and one mule character. I have yet to run out of space. I would like to see more storage options, but I don’t see them as necessary. Inventory management is a very important skill, both in-game, and in real life. Some people in this thread just need to pick up on it.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Im Mudbone.1437

Evidently you didn’t read my post in its entirety, I SELL them at a severely decreased price from that of the TP AND for my own crafting needs. I really wish people would learn comprehension when reading posts/replies.

Four new bank tabs! -.-

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Introducing more bank tabs right after introducing Ascended materials that fill your inventory by the hundreds. Coincidence? I think not.