Fractal 20 slot exo box... how uselss!??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

hi guys,
recently jumped into fotm, and first thing i noticed was “omg 20 slot box for so cheap? and it even tidy up your inv 4 u? how cool!”
since i already bouht all the inv expansion on my main, and i carry 2 differet sets of gear
and all the usable weapons, i decided to buy the exotic one, so if i unequip a weapon or a armor pice (exo ofc!!) it will go directly to the correct container wich is placed last in the slots, so will fill for last if any space is available.
i even bought a rare one so whe i do world bosses i chains, all he rares goes there.
you can’t imagine the disapointment when i noticed that it was working indeed, but only if you pick up the item from a mob.

I mean you have a brilliant idea which will just make our life simplier, and u cripple it thisway?

dev tought:
"
we all know that we have TONS of exo dropping from mobs, so we definetly need to sort them out quickly, but ovviously noone will ever have to change armor set since drops are so ridicolous that noone will ever afford, for sure!
"

seriously now, is this a bug or intended?

PS:
not saying that this is useless, is still way better than those 10g on tp, but could have been far more.

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

When I switch from 2 1 Handed weapon for a 2H weapon, both correctly go to the fractal box so the problem comes from you I guess … check that your box is not full.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

2 one handed when swapped for a 2 handed is strange, one will go to the protected box and 1 will go to the first empty slot. Don’t really think it is too much or a hardship though. Calling it useless is not very helpful.

oloap.9765

nah is not filled, i have it on a warrior, and often i find myself swapping Axe/WH to rifle, an i do it from “H” tab, as i put n my rifle they bot go to the first available slot in my inventory.

the issue is not consistent and honestly i never really tested it scientifically, but my gf with /on a guardian) is experiencing te same.

An impression i had is that this happens more with dungon weapons, far less frequently wih armors, but can simply be that i swap armors from inv by doule clck while weapon from ero tab, since double click will swap the first set only.

Same stuff is when i"dag out" a pice from the h tab, goes into the first slot availbale..

a dev post about supposed behavior would be nice, but i won’t hold ma breath!

oloap.9765

2 one handed when swapped for a 2 handed is strange, one will go to the protected box and 1 will go to the first empty slot. Don’t really think it is too much or a hardship though. Calling it useless is not very helpful.

well i made a p.s. for that reason, is not useless, but if the intended was to work only wit drops well it is indeed! while ofc the lesserquality may have a motivation to exist better lol.

edit:
yeahow that you make me notice that i fell like that it happens more when swapping 2x 1 handed with 1x 1handed set. i’ll do some test and get back

oloap.9765

k i did some more testing..

lest’s say that i keep all the exo in this box and that this box is the last one of the list.
befor this tere are other bags that have free spce ofc.
what happens is that if i have axe/axe exo equipped and fro h tab i put a rifle on theyr place the firs axe goes to rifle place, whereever it was..

so ofc if you replace a 2h wep with another 2h weap, the replaced one will go ino the slot occupied by that weapon.

which will happen that you have or not these boxes from fotm.

happen with armor too, but never noticed since i used to swap them by duble clicking, so replaced one will go on the newely equiped former position..

i have also the rare one but the behavior is the same.

at this point i’d call it a bug, or ther’s a bug that prevent us to fill it with exos b4 the rest of inv is filled.. lol jokin ofc.

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

When you switch one item for another (be it weapon, armor or trinket) the worn item will end up in the space where the “new” was, they do really just switch places. The only time this doesn’t work is when you switch to a 2H weapon from 2 1H weapons, in which case one of the items will end up in the first available slot in the bag and the other as described above. For this reason, yes, I do find the exotic fractal box useless. Invisible will work so much better because you can not accidentally sell from it and it won’t sort etc. 18-slot invis bags are “cheap”, and you only loose out on 2 slots. I use 1 invis last, 1 rare 2nd last (this one is usefull) and then just fill it up with masterwork fractal bags which are silly cheap 20 slot bags…

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

oloap.9765

the “bug” is not only with 1handed—>2handed, if you simply unequip an item by dragging it off it has the same behaviour, goin to first slot available..
i know 18 slots are usefull but ya know, relics are useless themself more than gold at a certin point, so beter than th 2g for these boxes.. nonetheless would have ben grat to give us that sorting facilitation!

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

The exo boxes are also very useful in PvP : the rewards from rank and tourney chest are exotics so they will end up in this box. Add a PvP salvage kit in this bag and your salvage will be faster.

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

the “bug” is not only with 1handed—>2handed, if you simply unequip an item by dragging it off it has the same behaviour, goin to first slot available..

I can’t think of many occasions to do this. So seldom that it’s not really an issue.

i know 18 slots are usefull but ya know, relics are useless themself more than gold at a certin point, so beter than th 2g for these boxes.. nonetheless would have ben grat to give us that sorting facilitation!

Yes, gold > relics. But I find the functionality of the invis bag so much better than the exotic one that it’s worth it.

PS: proposed solution to the weapon-swap problem.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

oloap.9765

yep i admit that the soution posted there would solve the problem, even if not in its roots.
Stll there would be some trouble swaping exo swith rares if like me you have both boxes,m but would be really enough to be good to go.
well i also admit i’d be forgivefull on this problem if they fix som warr bug like 5 gs skill or 4+5 warhorn skill in tha dev time.. just joking

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

I keep an invisible bag at top where my armor and weapons go if I swap it out. Starter backpack below that, and then I have 6 20slot fractal uncommon boxes below that. Works for me.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

oloap.9765

the problem is that if you fdoesn’t have it full filled, is the first place to be filled by loot too being rare exo or crap..

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

throw a few minis in there, can deposit em if you ever need more space

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt