Fractal Tickets

Fractal Tickets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Godric.5649

Godric.5649

Since anet is bound to use tickets for everything else(fused,consortium) why not just make it where you get a ticket from fractals and you get to choose your weapon. Makes since to me since they use tickets for the other weapons, since they didnt add a vendor for the weapons.

Fractal Tickets

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

Good Idea! would love to see this happen instead of two fractal skins sitting in my bank

Fractal Tickets

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Because Fractals were implemented to be a time sink. By giving out tickets instead of relying on rng, this would defeat part of the purpose of Fractals. Players don’t like it, but it’s effective at keeping people in game.

Fractal Tickets

void.6705

Because Fractals were implemented to be a time sink. By giving out tickets instead of relying on rng, this would defeat part of the purpose of Fractals. Players don’t like it, but it’s effective at keeping people in game.

Possibly very true but it also keeps many people away

Fractal Tickets

killcannon.2576

It’s definitely a two edged sword. The devs have to balance frustration versus reward and it’s a place where metrics prove to be a degree more valuable than player feedback, much the same way as putting rewards in rng chests and the mystic toilet. Probably one of the only ways to actually change this would be to have a substantial amount of players to quit running fractals or quit buying rng boxes. Don’t know if the players will ever be organized enough for something like that to happen though.

Fractal Tickets

void.6705

It’s definitely a two edged sword. The devs have to balance frustration versus reward and it’s a place where metrics prove to be a degree more valuable than player feedback, much the same way as putting rewards in rng chests and the mystic toilet. Probably one of the only ways to actually change this would be to have a substantial amount of players to quit running fractals or quit buying rng boxes. Don’t know if the players will ever be organized enough for something like that to happen though.

very true we did a 30 last night whole run 1 rare, hello RNG lol at this point FoTM is all about the relics since I need 34 skill points to make my legendary.

Fractal Tickets

Posted by: Godric.5649

Godric.5649

These are good points, I’d love to see a dev’s point of view on the idea of it. But killcannon, fractals isnt just a time sink, its a useful thing really, gets you 20 slot bags, skill points, obby shards for your legendary. I like to think of it as an alternative plan if you dont just want to farm karma and such.

I think it would bring more people into fractals, making it somewhat eaiser to get the weapon they want.

Fractal Tickets

killcannon.2576

These are good points, I’d love to see a dev’s point of view on the idea of it. But killcannon, fractals isnt just a time sink, its a useful thing really, gets you 20 slot bags, skill points, obby shards for your legendary. I like to think of it as an alternative plan if you dont just want to farm karma and such.

I think it would bring more people into fractals, making it somewhat eaiser to get the weapon they want.

As an alternate route it would need to stay close to the same time spent/challenge versus reward as any other path. Look at another path of progression for the things you can achieve through the Fractals. It needs to stay relatively close to the time spent in that path, with perhaps some time shaved off for the challenge that Fractals can be. Fractals as a path for character progression also has some unique rewards not found in other paths.

If Fractals became too easy, it would marginalize the rest of the game, something we already see in the form of World Event chests. Fractals can be fun, but if it’s all people do, then the rest of the game becomes pointless.

Fractal Tickets

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

As an alternate route it would need to stay close to the same time spent/challenge versus reward as any other path. Look at another path of progression for the things you can achieve through the Fractals. It needs to stay relatively close to the time spent in that path, with perhaps some time shaved off for the challenge that Fractals can be. Fractals as a path for character progression also has some unique rewards not found in other paths.

If Fractals became too easy, it would marginalize the rest of the game, something we already see in the form of World Event chests. Fractals can be fun, but if it’s all people do, then the rest of the game becomes pointless.

Compares to other stuff(pve, wvw, even spvp), I really wont say fractal is anywhere easy. Yes I do acknowledge it is easier with a organized group.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.