Fractal of the Mists destroyed PVE!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

One dungeon in the game now provides not only better loot than all other dungeons in the game (easier access to cores and lodestones, easier exotic drops) it also became a requirement for any PVE player to stay valid.

Want to WvW? Better get yourself some ascended gear.
Want to FotM more? Better get yourself some ascended gear.
Want to grind your legendary? No better place to do it, apart from the gift from WvW.
Oh wait, you want to WvW? Better get yourself some ascended gear.

In one fell swoop not only has Arenanet alienated a huge part of its player base, it alienated its own content from its own game.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: bojangles.6912

bojangles.6912

^ Sums it up basically.

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Dude your over reacting on the Ascended gear part there is only 2 pieces (3 if you count 2 rings). I bet you i could still kick your kitten even if you had Ascended gear while i am wearing my full exotic gear. The stat boast isnt that high to be a concern. Learn to play your class and you can kill people who are lvl80 with full exotics even if your not lvl80. Skill > Gear. SO if you dont have skill stop whinning about the gear.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Suddenflame.2601

Also on a seperate note then the dungeon is doing its job that they designed it to do. They designed it for an easier way to get legendaries go figure right you didnt see that one coming did ya now!

[GWAM] and [LUST]

kKagari.6804

Dude your over reacting on the Ascended gear part there is only 2 pieces (3 if you count 2 rings). I bet you i could still kick your kitten even if you had Ascended gear while i am wearing my full exotic gear. The stat boast isnt that high to be a concern. Learn to play your class and you can kill people who are lvl80 with full exotics even if your not lvl80. Skill > Gear. SO if you dont have skill stop whinning about the gear.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended

Sorry but you’re just misinformed. Fine infusions already bring the stat difference to about 13%. If you are so good why are you wearing exotic gear in the first place? Surely you can get by with basic.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Have you done any of the other dungeons or group events? They changed the loot drops across the board… It’s that people think fractals is where it’s at. Ascended gear (which is only accessories right now) is actually less useful in WvW than the current exotics, simple since your locked into stats and a completely useless agony based upgrade slot. I actually feel people do fractals since it’s fun! and why else, it’s new too! This too shall pass.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

So, the title of this thread is “Fractal of the Mists destroyed PvE,” but none of the things you listed is PvE. WvW is not PvE (it’s WvW). FotM is not technically the PvE world…it’s a dungeon.

So, how again did it kill PvE?

Suddenflame.2601

Sorry but you’re just misinformed. Fine infusions already bring the stat difference to about 13%. If you are so good why are you wearing exotic gear in the first place? Surely you can get by with basic.

There is no information in the link about fine infusions or them giving 13% increase sorry you been misinformed. Plus the ring is unique meaning you can only wear 1 of them not 2. Also whats the stat difference between a full exotic lvl80 and a blue wearing lvl30 in WvW? I bet you much much more then 13% but yet if the lvl80 has no skill and the lvl30 does i would have my bets placed on the lvl30 just cause Gear < Skill. Learn to Play. And Yes i used to play WvW with basic armour cause i have skill. If i die in WvW its either my mistake and learn from it or the guy was just better then me. At this point in the game i can take 2 lvl80 thieves and still win unless of course the thief is just better then me which is rare cause they all think going invisible and running around is going to save their little kittens.

Also if 5 points of power and 5 points of precision is a 13% stat increase your math is wrong by far. Also have to consider when you do the calculation the lose. since attack power ratio and power ratio is not 1:1 nor is precision. So 1 power is not equal to +1 to attack. So in the end it has little to no effect. The only plus they have advantage with is 6% magic find increase which doesnt affect your stats and i agree with that stat being higher considering if your only going for ascended gear then your going to need money. Also lowers the cost of exotics and rares on the market which is needed.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

(edited by Suddenflame.2601)

Suddenflame.2601

So, the title of this thread is “Fractal of the Mists destroyed PvE,” but none of the things you listed is PvE. WvW is not PvE (it’s WvW). FotM is not technically the PvE world…it’s a dungeon.

So, how again did it kill PvE?

very good question i don’t see how it did considering it actually helped it by bringing people back. Also it so far hasn’t hurt any form of the PVE world other then pulled all the farmers from Orr (they annoyed me so much!) and also in the same patch they buffed all the other dungeons drops. So all dungeons are still played even more so now.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

kKagari.6804

There is no information in the link about fine infusions or them giving 13% increase sorry you been misinformed. Plus the ring is unique meaning you can only wear 1 of them not 2. Also whats the stat difference between a full exotic lvl80 and a blue wearing lvl30 in WvW? I bet you much much more then 13% but yet if the lvl80 has no skill and the lvl30 does i would have my bets placed on the lvl30 just cause Gear < Skill. Learn to Play. And Yes i used to play WvW with basic armour cause i have skill. If i die in WvW its either my mistake and learn from it or the guy was just better then me. At this point in the game i can take 2 lvl80 thieves and still win unless of course the thief is just better then me which is rare cause they all think going invisible and running around is going to save their little kittens.

I have skill. It disgusts me that I can destroy people in WvW so easily already with exotic glass cannon gear, on a Necromancer no less. This will make the problem increase. But hey, its not like I’m the only person saying this.

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

It’s had a big effect mainly due to the fact certain items can only be collected via FOTM (Ascended items etc), basically if you want certain items (regardless of stats etc) you have to do the FOTM and nothing else (as they aren’t anywhere else). Because of this a lot of people seem to have moved from zone PvE into Dungen PvE.

I hope they hurry up and make them available via other methods, right now it simply isn’t right (or fair) to have certain items (and ones that are infact stat increases) locked into one aspect of the game.

I want to earn an Ascended ring and back piece and i don’t like dungeons, so please give me a way Anet. I know this will happen at some point but frankly, they should never have been locked to 1 aspect of the game for even an hour, let alone however long it takes to put them in later.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Suddenflame.2601

I have skill. It disgusts me that I can destroy people in WvW so easily already with exotic glass cannon gear, on a Necromancer no less. This will make the problem increase. But hey, its not like I’m the only person saying this.

so 5 points more on 2 stats is going to allow to destroy them that much more? Get real dude 5 points on a single stat means nothing.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

Posted by: Booning.5476

Booning.5476

Now you’ve torn it. The dungeon rats will be out for your blood because you have had the temerity to suggest that having all post 80 PVE in one little box might not be the best idea.

I get the impression they would be happy with a simple lobby, an LFG that puts them straight into the box so they can scream at other players for being noobs for 1/2 an hour. Collect their “earned” loot. Rinse and repeat ad nauseam.

God forbid anyone wants to play any other way – it’s an MMORPG dontcha know!

p.s. The argument that casuals dont need best in slot only holds water if the dam gear lost its extra stats the second you left the dungeon.

I just hope Anet has more sense than some of the content locusts posting in these forums.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Not for me, I don’t like dungeons.

That was my same answer in the anti-thread.

I’d be happy with.

1. Mo’ Money (without the Mo’ Problems part)

2. More (also Mo’?) green things. Queensdale-esque zones with villages to save and bandits and farmers and DEs and money and, blue skies shifting to pouring rain back to blue skies, and some more money and more DE chains designed for 1-80, with lots of chances to get Fine Transmutation stones, and maybe one snowy hamlet high up on a peak, and warring towns with factions and a little be more money and new things to craft.

kKagari.6804

so 5 points more on 2 stats is going to allow to destroy them that much more? Get real dude 5 points on a single stat means nothing.

its 5 point per MINOR STAT, BEFORE infusion. Theres also the GLARING issue of % increase for berserker gear. 1 RING = 2% difference in crit damage.

Posted by: TheWarKeeper.5374

TheWarKeeper.5374

One dungeon in the game now provides not only better loot than all other dungeons in the game (easier access to cores and lodestones, easier exotic drops) it also became a requirement for any PVE player to stay valid.

Want to WvW? Better get yourself some ascended gear.
Want to FotM more? Better get yourself some ascended gear.
Want to grind your legendary? No better place to do it, apart from the gift from WvW.
Oh wait, you want to WvW? Better get yourself some ascended gear.

In one fell swoop not only has Arenanet alienated a huge part of its player base, it alienated its own content from its own game.

Yeah ure right, i had wasted around 10-15 minutes to find 1 last guy for CoE, i had a 4 team waiting for the last member for that much time…

Suddenflame.2601

its 5 point per MINOR STAT, BEFORE infusion. Theres also the GLARING issue of % increase for berserker gear. 1 RING = 2% difference in crit damage.

As a said before there has been no showing whatsoever about infusions that do stat increases the only infusions ever shown so far have been 5% def against agony. 5 points per 2 minor stats not all of them just 2 which is hardly anything considering that will get you what +1 in attack damage whoopie! i can kill them 1 hit point per hit more.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

kKagari.6804

As a said before there has been no showing whatsoever about infusions that do stat increases the only infusions ever shown so far have been 5% def against agony. 5 points per 2 minor stats not all of them just 2 which is hardly anything considering that will get you what +1 in attack damage whoopie! i can kill them 1 hit point per hit more.

Why must you continue this. You think if the item increases the minor stat it doesnt increase the major? Its already shown on the wiki page that the major stat in the picture shown, magic find, is increased too.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Infusions-affect-normal-stats/first

look at this topic. thank me later.

Posted by: AVHero.7382

AVHero.7382

Right now it is rings and back pieces. If you have 2 rings, that is 3 pieces. 3 out of a minimum of 13 equipped at one time (if you wield a 2h weapon). This is hardly significant right now. This might make or break a fight if you are 1v1ing an opponent of comparable skill and the fight was really close. In which case, if you are playing at such a level, you’ll probably be farming these anyway.

The rest of the ascended gear in the future will make a bigger difference. But they’ve not announced how it will be obtained, and they have discussed making it available in already released content and Wv3. So, don’t proclaim the sky is falling just yet.

I dislike the concept of ascended gear. But I’m learning to live with it.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Welcome to gw2 2.0.
This is about embracing the grind and if you cant leave – or shup it.
This has caused a fair amount of issues in game and in the forums.
Those who have the time to do the grind win the game. The first slot ascend gear wont be released until slot 6 has been obtained by the preferred player.
Need to have and edge otherwise it wasnt worth it right. So that is where it is.

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

This is true. There is no reason to do any other PvE content now.

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

lol. these are the first of many. it’s in their blog. these are at least +20% better than exotics. please try to understand some math.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

lol. these are the first of many. it’s in their blog. these are at least +20% better than exotics. please try to understand some math.

I notice he hasn’t replied since someone above posted him the cold hard facts

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

Maybe he just doesn’t want to read a thread full of whiners anymore. Honestly, this community is worse then WoW’s community, which makes me shudder just typing it.

You all need to calm the hell down and stop freaking out. For a group of people who don’t want to have to do content to get better gear, you sure are acting like you NEED to get this gear when you really don’t.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Maybe he just doesn’t want to read a thread full of whiners anymore. Honestly, this community is worse then WoW’s community, which makes me shudder just typing it.

You all need to calm the hell down and stop freaking out. For a group of people who don’t want to have to do content to get better gear, you sure are acting like you NEED to get this gear when you really don’t.

lol so if the increases are so trivial, how about they just remove them? Sorry if you know anything about wvw, you’d realize your error.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.