Fractal reliance again

Fractal reliance again

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bish.8627

Bish.8627

So recently I made Mawdrey, I was unhappy that I had to do fractals as part of this, I love dungeons, but I really dislike fractals, especially because they are so forced down our throats in regards to having to do them for so much other content. And also because they are, in my opinion, and I know that of many many others just not fun.

So doing the wintersday line, missed it last year, get to the point where I get clues, and I find out, one of the needed items is in a particular fractal. Firstly, it being a particular fractal is bad design, meaning players will have to grind out fractals until they get it, (most will then leave). Now this also stinks, kitten little players actively use fractals, they just aren’t fun to a lot of us. So the idea, is to force us to do them, to get open world achievements? Hey next year, throw in “YOU MUST TAKE SM IN WVW TO UNLOCK WINTERSDAYS”

You must take away fractal reliance for so much content. Such a small percent actually like them for them to be so important. Remove it from the wintersday line, remove the mist stones from Mawdrey or make them available through other means.

I thought making us grind tedious mini games was bad enough.

Fractal reliance again

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

There’s pretty much no fractal requirement in this game. I’m not aware of the wintersday thing but I haven’t played much of this patch so far. I hate zergy mindless open world content which is just about 90% of this game though so how about we get rid of that.

Fractal reliance again

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

What does fractals have to do with Wintersday? I’ve completed everything except for the repetition achievements, and havn’t had to enter a single fractal.

(edited by Lazaar.9123)

Fractal reliance again

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Once you do the Warming Grawnk’s Heart thing, you get a collection that has one of the items from the volcanic fractal. The others are from jumping puzzles.

That being said, I wouldn’t say “so much content” in this game relies on fractals. I also wasn’t away of the poll the OP is referring to when he says “Such a small percent actually like them (fractals).”

Fractal reliance again

Lazaar.9123

I got all the collection items from JPs in PvE. There is multiple places to get them.

Fractal reliance again

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Maybe I’m confused… didn’t you just say you didn’t complete the collection for the star of gratitude?

…Nevermind, I see you just edited your first post. Anyway, good to know they can all be gotten from jumping puzzles.

Fractal reliance again

Lazaar.9123

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2pmpdt/time_to_get_your_wintersday_gift_tree_a_quest/ Here is a list of spots if you are having trouble finding them. Note that chests like ‘asuran chest’ can be any asuran chest from a JP, same for the others.