Fractal's Ascended Back Piece, a complaint

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neil.6138

Neil.6138

It’s been months since the back piece has been made available via Fractals and I have yet to obtain it.

Firstly I left it to patience and confidence; confidence in you to add avenues, making the item pleasantly obtainable for someone who doesn’t want a monotonous and frustrating experience that makes them feel like they are back in two-thousand and kittening five.

I’ve had enough of the grind, so after ~15 Fractals I’ll end it, and never get those abhorred hours back in my life.

Next I suppose, it will be looking through walls of TP items to buy for levelling those crafting professions that I’ve yet to have any interest in due to the fact I don’t find it fun.

Here’s a smiley face for all the things you are doing very well ->

My PVP videos
Staff Ele Organised WvW Guide
The Frenzied Few [RAGE], Gunnars Hold.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Only 15? You sure do give up easily.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I think it’s pretty obvious now that you don’t deserve a fractal backpiece.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

When it was first released i told myself i’d probably never get it because i didn’t want to grind. After maybe 2 months of casually playing fractals a few times a week i had the fully upgraded back pieces. It’s really, really, really not that bad.

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

I am not a giant fan of fractals myself but it should be a hard item to get. Glad your not going for Fractal Capacitor (Infused) then you would be upset about the ectos.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

in 15 fractals you should have at least one Vial of Condensed Mists Essence. Take that and follow the mystic forge recipe on this page.

If you don’t want to do fractals for it then it only costs, 24 skill points and some gold to buy the rest of what you need from the TP. Toss it all in the mystic forge and you don’t have to step another foot in a fractal or level any crafting profession.

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

I agree completely. There are multiple ways now to get the other ascended trinkets but only one way to get the backpiece.

In addition to this, the only way to get (infused) ascended is still through fractals.

Could be worse though, just look at the state of water masks.

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I actually have the same problem, after almost 30+ fractals after level 10 I have not got one as well.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

in 15 fractals you should have at least one Vial of Condensed Mists Essence. Take that and follow the mystic forge recipe on this page.

If you don’t want to do fractals for it then it only costs, 24 skill points and some gold to buy the rest of what you need from the TP. Toss it all in the mystic forge and you don’t have to step another foot in a fractal or level any crafting profession.

This is all pretty much irrelevent if the OP has not dropped the Vial yet. Which i believe is what he’s been talking about.
Frankly, vials should have been added to the fractal merchant (either normal or pristine tab) long ago. I’m not even going to mention that the backpacks should be accessible through other means, like other ascended gear. Also long ago.
Oh wait, i did mention it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

panzer.6034

They need some make SOME ascended backpacks available other places, definitely.

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

I agree completely. There are multiple ways now to get the other ascended trinkets but only one way to get the backpiece.

In addition to this, the only way to get (infused) ascended is still through fractals.

Could be worse though, just look at the state of water masks.

I don’t mind so much that infused ascended stuff requires fractal runs. You only need AR in fractals, if you want AR you probably want to run fractals, so run fractals, so you can run more fractals.

WTB ascended BP, 5g, 2,500 BoH, plztxkbai

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

You are able to make ascended back pieces in the forge, just check wiki, the T3 frac capacitor is a symbol of hard work and respect for the both the person wearing it and the place in represents. imho.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Astralporing.1957

You are able to make ascended back pieces in the forge, just check wiki, the T3 frac capacitor is a symbol of hard work and respect for the both the person wearing it and the place in represents. imho.

Please, do explain to me how are you going to MF that backpiece (or any other currently available ascended backpiece) without visiting fractals.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

The options for Ascended Back items are pretty frustrating. I wish Anet would look into it again but I’m sure they won’t. If you want a zerker back item you either have to run Fractals a sickening amount of times or waste gold on 250(!) Vials of Powerful Blood which is the most expensive T6 mat(right now that’s 82g).

There needs to be more options.

Posted by: Mungtra.6728

Mungtra.6728

Vials of Powerful Blood could be obtain by opening bag or looting from monster.

Zindrix.1750

I’ve been playing since November and I’ve farmed quite a bit. Still don’t have 250 Vials of Powerful Blood. Even did the skelk farming during the SS event and I haven’t sold any.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve been playing since November and I’ve farmed quite a bit. Still don’t have 250 Vials of Powerful Blood. Even did the skelk farming during the SS event and I haven’t sold any.

Right, and I have a legendary which requires 250 vials of powerful blood. I farmed some and bought the rest from the market with money I made doing everything else in the game. It’s not required to farm every single item you need. Sort of why the market place is there.

If people insist on farming everything, then they’re going to spend a much longer time than they have to getting what they need.

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

This is all pretty much irrelevent if the OP has not dropped the Vial yet. Which i believe is what he’s been talking about.
Frankly, vials should have been added to the fractal merchant (either normal or pristine tab) long ago. I’m not even going to mention that the backpacks should be accessible through other means, like other ascended gear. Also long ago.
Oh wait, i did mention it.

Have you done fractals before? There’s no way he’s past level 15 without ever having a vial drop.

That being said, I do agree ascended items need multiple ways to acquire each slot. Simple fix is to change the recipe to something you can buy so it doesn’t need that vial.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

For being a casual game, Anet is sure catering to the grinders and the boring content doers. I can’t run a single Fractals without being completely bored out of my kittening mind. Holy crap, I would rather play pong for 24 hours straight than play fractals twice in a row.

Yeah, I tried to get the Fractals backpiece too. I got so bored I actually quit halfway through and filled out my subscription for WoW. Haven’t played in 3 months, but I check the forums every once in awhile to see if anything has improved. Once they do I’ll gladly hop on, but for now, cya in another 3 months.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

panzer.6034

Yeah, i have the fully upgraded fractal back myself as well as 4 other ascended back pieces. Each one took at least one mist item from fractals though, and i understand other people don’t want to do fractals just to have the max stats.

Zindrix.1750

Right, and I have a legendary which requires 250 vials of powerful blood. I farmed some and bought the rest from the market with money I made doing everything else in the game. It’s not required to farm every single item you need. Sort of why the market place is there.

If people insist on farming everything, then they’re going to spend a much longer time than they have to getting what they need.

Oh sure, I could afford that on 1-2 of my lvl 80s, but what about the other 5? Right now I only have ascended amulets on most of my 80s(via WvW tokens/laurels) but the rest of the trinkets are just plain old exotics. Legendaries are optional and only for egos so I don’t have to have one of those, but I sure do need those mats for several other things.

It’s ok though, as it seems Anet only wants people to play with 1 character anyways. I’m sure the Ascended gear hike will only prove that once it goes live. (I’d be ok with playing 1 character if there was such a thing as build diversity or deeper class playstyles)

Posted by: Sutcliffe.5491

Sutcliffe.5491

Just get a exotic backpiece and slot the respective exquisite jewel into it. U dun even need ascended backpiece to clear most content. U can get them from guild commendation trader/arah vendors etc.

The difference between exotic(berserker) and ascended (berserker) is only 9 power/4 precision/ 1% critical damage.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

For being a casual game, Anet is sure catering to the grinders and the boring content doers. I can’t run a single Fractals without being completely bored out of my kittening mind. Holy crap, I would rather play pong for 24 hours straight than play fractals twice in a row.

Yeah, I tried to get the Fractals backpiece too. I got so bored I actually quit halfway through and filled out my subscription for WoW. Haven’t played in 3 months, but I check the forums every once in awhile to see if anything has improved. Once they do I’ll gladly hop on, but for now, cya in another 3 months.

Anet is trying to please everyone. that’s what Fractals was suppose to be, for those who want BiS gear/grinders. then the casuals complained that they were being left out of content because who’d have thought you needed to run fractals to get ascended gear? nope! the casuals wanted in without much effort, hence ascended gear through laurels and commendations.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Astralporing.1957

Have you done fractals before? There’s no way he’s past level 15 without ever having a vial drop.

Oh, that’s definitely possible. I have seen much, much longer streaks of no vial (glob etc) drop. That’s the “beauty” of RNG.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Personally, I think it’s fine having certain items restricted to certain areas. If you feel the item is worth it to get, you’ll put in the effort to get it. If the item isn’t worth it to get, don’t bother doing something you’ll hate and then feel unsatisfied with.

As for getting a vial, you can actually go in solo and roll for Ascalon and farm there. Tag mobs, and let the friendly NPCs do the work of tanking and killing.

Best of luck!

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

why cant stupid people like the OP realise

ascended gear was intended for FRACTALS that is why that have infusion slots for AGONY RESISTANCE.

the back piece is intended for ppl who want to do higher lvls.

it is not intended for casuals.

btw i have the maxed out fractal capaciter and atm personal lvl 44. so when i see ppl whine about grinding relics i have no care for them.

if u want ascended farm for it. that simple. its ment to be the “end gear best in slot gear” so dont expect it to be 5 seconds of work for it.

obv ppl like u never get higher then 20 as it gets “to hard” for your poorly skilled ppl who whine about ascended gear.

enjoy whining as it wont change anything,

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

It is the one item you have to grind a dungeon for, and it’s a dungeon with random paths and relatively interesting mechanics. They put it in for the wow-people and they love it. Others don’t. Don’t force yourself.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Hmm I didnt know about the fractal backpiece. It’s time to start trying fractals then.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Only 15? You sure do give up easily.

This pretty much sums up RNG loot in an MMO perfectly, and is the reason why I really hoped this system had seen its final days back in Vanilla WoW.

If you aren’t prepared to do the same thing so many times that you literally HATE the content and its developers, you aren’t going to get the items you want.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

There’s no way he’s past level 15 without ever having a vial drop.

RNG.

I had to convert Globes of Mist Essence to get my first Vial ever.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

If you mind, get a group and farm dredge fractal. That one has the best drops.

If you skip everything, you don’t get loot. Simple as that.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

There’s no way he’s past level 15 without ever having a vial drop.

RNG.

I had to convert Globes of Mist Essence to get my first Vial ever.

Globs and shards still count since they’d still eliminate the need to run more, but yeah I get your point.

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

I understand the frustration.

I’ve run over 150 fractals and I only have 3 vials… no globs or shards at all…

The really awful part is just about every 3rd set I run someone links vials/globs/shards lke they are falling out of the sky…. Just not for me it seems…

It would be nice if we could salvage ascended gear for mist essence. Or put mist essence in the TP.