Fractal weapon Reward Chest PVP?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Q:

This is just a topic i hope the DEV’s see this and maybe Collin Johanson. I’m a long term fan of Guild Wars , and I would love to have a Fractal Weapon reward chest in PVP maybe? or the ability to spend Fractal tokens to buy weapon chest and get the one you want to choose. Rather than grinding hours with PUG and failing and having to restart, it’s rather frustrating. Just my opinion i thought it’d be cool. I know they say they might not allow it cause fractal weapons are like collector items and they SHOULD be hard to get.. but i’ve been playing for almost 2 years and only have 1 of the 5 weapons i want.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

A:

If there had to be a fractal reward track, giving weapons would be pretty unfair.

I love some of the skins, but hate fractals. But I know the people who love fractals can barely even get the skins as of now. They would have to do a relic exchange thing, and if they have that set up maybe have a track that offers a pristine relic at the end or something so PvPers can save up for the weapons.

I don’t really have a problem with exclusive rewards for either side either though, it gets people into other game modes or some things show your skill level in that game mode.

Of course this all comes from a casual friendly game where Arenanet wants everyone to have fun and be rewarded. So I wouldn’t be surprised if someone had a good solution and Anet wanted to incoporate it so it became available in some way through the other game modes at some time. Vice versa with the llama which is already being given out at streams for nothing and maybe glorious hero armor some day who knows.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

I’d be ok with buying them with fractal relics or pristines if it was a decently high number or if they let us toss our duplicates in the forge for another roll.

If they did add a fractal pvp track, then have the rewards be relics or pristines or a random skin. It’s already sad enough that the Dungeoneer collection is done faster with PvP than actual dungeons.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

No. They are a pain to get in fractals. Reward tracks in PvP would devalue it. If it happens I want a way to earn Mini Llamas and Glourious Hero armor in pve.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Sazukikrah.5036

There’s always that one guy that hates on everything.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

Not really. For those that have done 250+Fractals to get their weapon skins (Most haven’t finished the full set still)
This would be a massive slap in the face to do some PvP and get them.

If the fractal weapon skins become obtainable for lets say (25 pristine relics each)
and PvP reward track rewarded 2 per complete. I’d say that was justifiable.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I agree with Malediktus.
Fractal skin is currently a prestigious skin that show that you ran a good amount of fractals, while mini llamas and glorious skin shows that you did a certain amount of pvp.

EDIT: Make fractal skin be obtainable by relics/pristine relics inside the fractal it a much more reasonable solution to the RNG.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Fractals should not be part of pvp rewards at all. It’s the only “elite” pve content and should remain so. However it should get a hugeee buff in terms of rewards and the abilities to get weapons.

-and yes im a salty pve’r who has not had a single new weapon skin, a tonic, or a useful chest in over a month and a half of fractal 50s

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I would not be opposed to a FotM reward track, whose final reward was that of completing a level 11 daily.

You could get a chance for weapons, or ascended gear.

…but — of course do not make it guaranteed.

Make it just like getting a fotm daily reward…. where you don’t get to pick your loot.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

You can have a fractal weapon reward track as soon as we get Glorious Armor and Glorious Hero’s Armor added to the dungeon vendors for tokens.

Edit. On a more constructive note, the solution is simple: implement the fractal weapon boxes that were data mined so long ago.

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

No, It’s a PvE only reward,
Also people seem to not understand that putting something on a PvP reward tracks guarantees access to whatever it is to everyone in the game regardless of skill or ability :/ .
So definitely not something you want to stick a prestige reward on.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: cthaeh.2168

cthaeh.2168

No. They are a pain to get in fractals. Reward tracks in PvP would devalue it. If it happens I want a way to earn Mini Llamas and Glourious Hero armor in pve.

I may have agreed with you before I got my FIFTH fractal mace. The current reward system is complete bullkitten. All I want is the sword, and with all the duplicates I’ve gotten I would’ve had all the skins a long time ago. I’ve run hundreds and hundreds of fractals, and the skins no longer hold any value to me. At this point I don’t care if you can buy them with gold because I earned the skins I want a long, long time ago.

Posted by: Gerrand.3085

Gerrand.3085

I want them, but thats all the more reason they shouldn’t be made easier to get.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I agree with this,, i want some of the skins, so im doing fractals, what i would however do, is allow players to swap a fractal weapon for another fractal weapon of the same type. IE a one handed weapon for another one handed weapon. Two handed for two handed. Sure would solve alot of problems with RNG in getting the skin you want!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

I want them, but thats all the more reason they shouldn’t be made easier to get.

The way fractal weapons are right now they are not difficult or easy to get. Since it is all up to rng you will never know when you will get one. Its possible to never get the one you want even if you do infinite fractals. That is not a good reward system, it creates a fake exclusivity. The real way to create exclusive skins is to put them as rewards for extremely difficult content. Fractals is the most difficult, but it can still be easily done every day. So the best way to reward them in the current system is to allow players to buy them with pristine fractal relics.

The way i would envision it, is to increase fractal levels to 80, but keep ar req from 50 onwards the same at 70. However, instead of just increasing mob strength also make more complex bosses that are much harder to defeat. The fractal skin merchant would only be available to those with 80 pr making it exclusive and difficult to get to. This isnt the perfect system but it would be better. Altho im pretty sure HoT’s fractal mastery will not be like this and will just be a simple grind like carapace armor skins etc.

(edited by Nyx.7342)

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Here we go again.
If you make them available to buy with any currency from fractals, it will turn it into another dungeon token kitten.

Just think about how you feel about dungeon tokens, dungeon weapons and armor.

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I am against them being part of a pvp track. They are fractal skins so the only way to get them should be fractals. That being said, I’m also against the only way to get them being completely RNG. I prefer the dungeon token route over what is present. Sure, it will kitten off a lot of regulars whom do level 50 daily but they’re already kittened because they can’t get the skins they want. There’s also no prestige to them whatsoever, no matter what the regular runners say. Really, the only way to get one is to be lucky. Luck is not a skill.

Dante.1763

Here we go again.
If you make them available to buy with any currency from fractals, it will turn it into another dungeon token kitten.

Just think about how you feel about dungeon tokens, dungeon weapons and armor.

Is my suggestion so bad? You cant get another skin unless you get a skin to begin with ^^ Go read the whole thing, ill link it again for you too if you dont see it

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I guess you don’t run higher tier of fractals. Or lover tiers when you suggest this nonsense. So when you do fractals, you have to do complete 4 dungeons to maybe get a skin or ascended chest, and you think putting it on pvp reward track for all those lazy people who want skins but are too lazy to do actual fractal, and enable them to collect a skin of their choice for meree few unranked wins? Wow.
I have another idea too. Why not put fractal tonic on the end of the reward just for kicks. That’s two slaps in faces of people who run fractals.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Just no, for the obvious reasons others have stated.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

The funny thing, most people seem to not realize, once access to to fractal weapons gets simplified, you’ll value that fractal sword a lot less and maybe not even use it since now everyone has it (basically everyone).

I thought about the idea of pristine and fractal relics and while it would remove some of the rng, the price would have to be real steep to not devalue the skins to much.

My ideal or prefered solution atm would be:
- make it so duplicate skins can be exchanged for a new skin (at least 4 for 1 in the mystic forge)
- up fractal level to 60 (would mean 85 ar needed with the current progression. more than achievable) so the fractal weapon boxes (51+ already ingame) start droping
- implement more useful stuff to buy with pristine and normal fractal relics (still waiting on those ascended mats for fractal relics)

As it stands some people have run fractals more than 2-3 thousand times (single fractals, 1 thousand plus total runs) and are still waiting on that last skin. Implementing a pvp track with guaranteed reward would be a huge slap accross the face.

Sazukikrah.5036

I guess you don’t run higher tier of fractals. Or lover tiers when you suggest this nonsense. So when you do fractals, you have to do complete 4 dungeons to maybe get a skin or ascended chest, and you think putting it on pvp reward track for all those lazy people who want skins but are too lazy to do actual fractal, and enable them to collect a skin of their choice for meree few unranked wins? Wow.
I have another idea too. Why not put fractal tonic on the end of the reward just for kicks. That’s two slaps in faces of people who run fractals.

Im at 73 AR and i run lvl 50 about every day

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

Sazukikrah.5036

If there had to be a fractal reward track, giving weapons would be pretty unfair.

I love some of the skins, but hate fractals. But I know the people who love fractals can barely even get the skins as of now. They would have to do a relic exchange thing, and if they have that set up maybe have a track that offers a pristine relic at the end or something so PvPers can save up for the weapons.

I don’t really have a problem with exclusive rewards for either side either though, it gets people into other game modes or some things show your skill level in that game mode.

Of course this all comes from a casual friendly game where Arenanet wants everyone to have fun and be rewarded. So I wouldn’t be surprised if someone had a good solution and Anet wanted to incoporate it so it became available in some way through the other game modes at some time. Vice versa with the llama which is already being given out at streams for nothing and maybe glorious hero armor some day who knows.

Yes bring forth better use of Pristine Tokens. I wouldn’t mind having a chest that cost about 100 pristine for weapon chest? or 3000 fractal relics for weapon skin.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

Sazukikrah.5036

The funny thing, most people seem to not realize, once access to to fractal weapons gets simplified, you’ll value that fractal sword a lot less and maybe not even use it since now everyone has it (basically everyone).

I thought about the idea of pristine and fractal relics and while it would remove some of the rng, the price would have to be real steep to not devalue the skins to much.

My ideal or prefered solution atm would be:
- make it so duplicate skins can be exchanged for a new skin (at least 4 for 1 in the mystic forge)
- up fractal level to 60 (would mean 85 ar needed with the current progression. more than achievable) so the fractal weapon boxes (51+ already ingame) start droping
- implement more useful stuff to buy with pristine and normal fractal relics (still waiting on those ascended mats for fractal relics)

As it stands some people have run fractals more than 2-3 thousand times (single fractals, 1 thousand plus total runs) and are still waiting on that last skin. Implementing a pvp track with guaranteed reward would be a huge slap accross the face.

Yea they really need a better fractal relic exchange . that would make playing fractals a lot more rewarding.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

I think this is a good idea. Tracks are time consuming to finish so it’s not like it would even be a true “short cut” And a lot of us utterly hate fractals :/ (Why the party finder for them are almost always empty other than maybe dailies)

Dante.1763

I think this is a good idea. Tracks are time consuming to finish so it’s not like it would even be a true “short cut” And a lot of us utterly hate fractals :/ (Why the party finder for them are almost always empty other than maybe dailies)

No. As stated, Fractals weapons are rewards for doing high level fractals, hard challenging content. You want them, learn the fractals and do them. What they need to do is allow you to unlock and buy them at the merchant once you reach level 30 fractals, could even bump it up to level 40. 75-100 Pristine relics per weapon. You only get one per run, two or three with certain dailys. So it would still take you awhile to do get enough for weapon. They can still drop randomly. But it would for sure be helpful to those who are after one weapon and never get it, while at the same time not devalue the weapons at all, Because you are still doing fractals to get them, you still had to do fractals to level 30 to unlock them.

Fractal weapons should not ever, ever be given a PVP reward track. the reward tracks dont take long to complete at all. I do one PVP match a day, and im almost done with my Arah track after a week.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I completely loathe the idea of PvP Reward Tracks with dungeon skins to begin with, so I obviously say no to this suggestion as well.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I think a fractal reward track would be cool BUT just giving out relics and regular drops from fractals as primary rewards with a CHANCE at the rings, weapons etc. for the final tier 8 reward.

I realise they can’t back track this (cause the skins instantly unlock) but I would like some way of choosing a fractal weapon introduced – I play only Mesmer and I’m sitting on something like 2 Axes, 1 Mace, 2 Lbows, 1 Speargun and something else unusable xD

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I may have agreed with you before I got my FIFTH fractal mace. The current reward system is complete bullkitten. All I want is the sword, and with all the duplicates I’ve gotten I would’ve had all the skins a long time ago. I’ve run hundreds and hundreds of fractals, and the skins no longer hold any value to me. At this point I don’t care if you can buy them with gold because I earned the skins I want a long, long time ago.

The faulty fractal reward system is not a reason to hand out the rewards like candy in PvP.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Fractal weapon skins should never be available in PvP. I have done hundreds upon hundreds of Fractals in an attempt to finish my collection, and I am still only at 18/19. I love using these skins and knowing that these skins say “I played Fractals of the Mists”. If you added a way to get them to PvP, then no one could say that and it would devalue these prestigious skins in irreparable ways.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the RNG associated with Fractal weapon skins is terrible, and ANet knows about it from my reports, but that doesn’t mean the guaranteed way to get them should show up in PvP. Au contraire, it belongs only in one place: Fractals themselves.

The faulty fractal reward system is not a reason to hand out the rewards like candy in PvP.

Exactly.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

If they do a Fractal reward track, it should be done so within fractals. In the same way dungeon skins should be dungeon exclusive.