Fractals, Did I just LOSE money?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

So I ran a level 41 fractal in this new system with dungeon rewards supposedly now shifted to fractal content. I think I pretty much ended up doing a level 41 fractal to actually have the opportunity to loose money. Or barely gain any, not sure which. What’s gone wrong here?

The group I was with spent 20 minutes doing swamp (don’t ask), and when I was done I got 3 boxes.

I payed 20 silver a key to open these great boxes. I got out three objects, one of which provided 20 Silver, and 2 providing 10 if I recall correctly.

So unless completing that fractal gave me a straight gold reward into my bank… I figure I might have just lost money…. from doing a level 41 fractal.

Ok so my feeling is no matter what my mastery is (and to encourage those without HOT to actually you know buy…) doing a level 41 fractal should never turn into a break even or slightly loose money affair. This is ridiculous.

I left this experience not wanting to open another box again and utterly disenchanted with fractals. Can I please have back my more interesting you must do 4 you get a boss and at least a real reward at level 41?

Where were these gold rewards that players of Guildwars were supposed to have transfered to compensate them for loosing dungeon run rewards?

I can’t run raids because my guild is too small and since too small guilds existed before HOT that can’t be where they intended to make it up to me.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Sell the boxes. Don’t buy the keys. You will make money that way. It’s a garbage system. Even if you train the masteries for fractals I don’t see it as being worth it. They said they were de-incentivizing dungeons, but it looks like Fractals got a bit of a nerf in the rewards department as well. Not to mention that they also locked high-end Fractals away behind the HoT paywall. Repurposing old content behind a paywall. For shame!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

Yea it sucks, I hardly do any fractals now because of this.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Sell the boxes. Don’t buy the keys. You will make money that way. It’s a garbage system.

Pretty much this.

shion.2084

Ok ANET DEV’s should I list this as a economic balancing bug? For I truly hope this was a mistake and not working as intended.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Colin said in an interview literally this morning that they’re going to be looking at Fractal rewards. Anyway take a chill pill, it’s not even real kittening money.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

shion.2084

Chill on what? I would like to actually have people to do fractals with, and want to contine to enjoy fractals and their benefits myself. This concern I’ve raised will detriment this desire.

Of course it’s not real money, but I never argued it was.

What you’ve done is raised a straw man argument by implicitly trying to subvert the nature of my complaint so as to make it incorrect in pertaining to actual money.

Now to follow on your poor logic. If in fact it is not reasonable to complain about a game because it does not in fact impact real money, then we’d not have many topics of conversation on this forum would we? (see I also did a straw man argument back at you but in a more clever and subtle way)

(edited by shion.2084)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Stabilizing matrixes go for 27s on tp right now and you can buy 2 keys with one matrix, if you have the mastery, no relics needed either.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

shion.2084

And I get one of these matricies out of each box I open? I’d prefer to keep the topic generic so we shouldn’t assume people have bought HOT .Now making no assumptions about a market drive TP, and relying simply on vendor sales. I would argue it is not reasonable to lose money or barely break even for completing a levle 41 fractal and wanting to see what rewards were in your box.

Given your better knowledge of rewards and their worth, what is the worst that things could turn out?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

And I get one of these matricies out of each box I open? I’d prefer to keep the topic generic so we shouldn’t assume people have bought HOT .Now making no assumptions about a market drive TP, and relying simply on vendor sales. I would argue it is not reasonable to lose money or barely break even for completing a levle 41 fractal and wanting to see what rewards were in your box.

Given your better knowledge of rewards and their worth, what is the worst that things could turn out?

If that was directed at me, I couldnt make sense out of it.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

shion.2084

What’s the least you could make out of running a 41 fractal if you
1) don’t have HOT
2) Try to open the things that were dropped to you
3)Don’t assume prices are any better than what a vendor could give you

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Kinda silly atm. I opened a few and deemed them unworthy and sold the rest.

Colin said in an interview literally this morning that they’re going to be looking at Fractal rewards. Anyway take a chill pill, it’s not even real kittening money.

Threads like this are part of his “looking at” process, FYI. Feedback, bro.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

shion.2084

Ok that attachement is sorta funny. Would be funnier if it wasn’t so applicable to me, but I can appreciate the humour objectively

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ok that attachement is sorta funny. Would be funnier if it wasn’t so applicable to me, but I can appreciate the humour objectively

Just some quick advice. To help your reward in Fractal.

1) Never buy key directly from the vendor. Use Matrix to buy key instead. You can buy them from the TP or get them in reward and each of them can be exchange for 2 keys. I don’t know if you can buy ascended salvage kit wihtout HoT. If you can then you can salvage your rings and get matrix to exchange for keys. If you buy them directly, each key will cost 20 Silver, if you buy matrix on the TP each key will cost you around 12 silver and if you can salvage rings then it will only cost 9 silver each.

2) Doing only one fractal is shooting you in the foot. You are suppose to do a daily with 3 fractals in the same range. 1-20, 21-50 or 51-100. You also have recommended daily which is only 1 specific fractal.

3) Openning your box should give you on average 28,5 silvers. Do the math depending if your keys cost you 9 or 12 silvers. You also get some matrix and keys with daily and by opening box. It maybe more profiting for you to simply sell the box on the TP. They usually sell between 20 and 25 silvers.

TBH, the reward is there. If you do it the right way, you can get a good amount of loot from fractal. But it’s unintuitive and hide some of the reward between mastery.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Nope, it’s not real money, but it is real time that one wants to be rewarded for.

Not to mention in that interview Fractal changes aren’t coming until sometime in 2016. So, for awhile, Fractals will be dead to me.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: Jephery.8915

Jephery.8915

Any form of money is as real as the other. Its all convertible fiat currency.

Just some conversions are not as legal or easy as others.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Not entirely on topic but i noticed enemies in the fractal i just ran (thaumanova) no longer grant exp or give loot.
Should i be reporting that as a bug? what’s with the mass removal of exp & loot from enemies?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It slows down the earning of masteries and attempts to prevent farming.

You know, the F word.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Not entirely on topic but i noticed enemies in the fractal i just ran (thaumanova) no longer grant exp or give loot. Should i be reporting that as a bug? what’s with the mass removal of exp & loot from enemies?

Wow… Either there are a lot of bugs or this is intended. If the latter, that’s really disappointing.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Not entirely on topic but i noticed enemies in the fractal i just ran (thaumanova) no longer grant exp or give loot.
Should i be reporting that as a bug? what’s with the mass removal of exp & loot from enemies?

They do still drop loot, it’s just extremely rare now. No idea why they bothered with thie “fix”, almost every PUG I ran with skipped mobs in the reactor in favor of finishing the fractal as quickly as possible, even when they weren’t meta speed run groups.