Fractals still being updated?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I saw the new post by anet and it’s plans but didn’t read anything of the fractals update that was said to be coming at the end of January. Is this still going to happen or has it been pushed back?

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

I think we can expect the Fractals update on the 28th.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

PlagueParade.7942

Maybe, but why then not have added that to this new prelude as it also stated new features and improvements. It probably will be but it’d be nice to be confirmed.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

They said since those particular fixes were announced they would be in at the end of January. We didn’t have a specific date for the January update until now. So now we know.. the 28th.

Off topic: I pretty much stopped doing fractals in anticipation of this update. They said they will be adding ascended amulets for the achievement rewards but I’m curious if we’ll be able to get them with fractal relics, too?

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

The prelude summarizes all the new features that are coming.

Fractals are not new, they are being updated and polished.

As Colin stated, expect detailed patch notes on the day of the patch.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

Off topic: I pretty much stopped doing fractals in anticipation of this update. They said they will be adding ascended amulets for the achievement rewards but I’m curious if we’ll be able to get them with fractal relics, too?

I haven’t even started fractals! I’m waiting for the update, too, so I don’t drag my higher level friends down into not getting anything.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

PlagueParade.7942

@ fellyn: I wouldn’t be doing this just for ascended gear but also the wep skins that are in levels 20+ for my characters.

@ vol: yea, reading it again they did leave that one sentence rather broadly stated.

Posted by: Dragon Relic.8216

Dragon Relic.8216

I’m wondering as well if the next update (January 28) will add the fractals leveling where a group starts the fractal at level 8 but there is one person that is fractals level 1 so it doesn’t scale the group down to level 1 it keeps it at 8 and everyone one in the group goes up one level. If anyone finds out please let me know

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

I’m wondering as well if the next update (January 28) will add the fractals leveling where a group starts the fractal at level 8 but there is one person that is fractals level 1 so it doesn’t scale the group down to level 1 it keeps it at 8 and everyone one in the group goes up one level. If anyone finds out please let me know

Did you not read the post they made on the main page? If a level one joins a level 8 in fractals the group can choose any level up to 8. The level 1 will level up to 2 when completed and the level 8 people will get some karma.

Posted by: Dragon Relic.8216

Dragon Relic.8216

Did you not read the post they made on the main page? If a level one joins a level 8 in fractals the group can choose any level up to 8. The level 1 will level up to 2 when completed and the level 8 people will get some karma.

Ready it again:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/fractals-of-the-mists-dungeon-improvements/

For example:
Player 1 (fractal level 2)
Player 2 (fractal level 21)
Player 3 (fractal level 21)
Player 4 (fractal level 21)
Player 5 (fractal level 53)

Player 2 makes the party and sets the fractal level to 21, and the party goes on to beat three fractals. Here are the fractal-level results after the run:

Player 1 (fractal level 3)
Player 2 (fractal level 22)
Player 3 (fractal level 22)
Player 4 (fractal level 22)
Player 5 (still fractal level 53, but gains karma for helping)

The level 53 gets the Karma since hes over the fractal level. While everyone set to level 21 and below level up.

So I think someone else didn’t read this :/

However you are correct that I did miss something in that article:

“The goal is to allow everyone to play together and make partying less restrictive for everyone. We plan to ship these two features at the end of January.”

The answer to the entire thread is here ^ so thank you for making me look again lol.

(edited by Dragon Relic.8216)