Fractured Living World over already?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

Where was the end date for this announced? I didn’t get to complete it. Can we get more clear updates as to when time-limited content is expiring, i.e. as an in-game message or on the login splash screen, please?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

You didn’t miss much.

And it did say “fractal fortnight.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A fortnight is 2 weeks. For me, it was self-explanatory.

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

Given the frequency in which the individual fractals seemed to pop up, you shouldn’t be surprised if quite a few people were unable to complete it. I was unable to get volcanic the entire 2 weeks, for example, though I had no shortage of dredge.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You didn’t miss much.

And it did say “fractal fortnight.

As I mentioned in another thread. That word isn’t part of the average American’s vocabulary. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

You didn’t miss much.

As I mentioned in another thread. That word isn’t part of the average American’s vocabulary. :o

Its not the peoples fault for this issue, its Anet for not properly indicating the time frame. And taking the proverbial out of someone for not taking specific note of a term in a title in the game is idiotic. We had “BOSS WEEK” meta, how long did that last eh? That’s right it wasn’t a week was it. Its not the players fault for failing to take note of that kind of thing when developers cant even name events with the correct time scale.

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

You didn’t miss much.

If people don’t know what a fortnight is then they aren’t old enough to be playing this game… that’s like 2nd grade stuff there.

Posted by: Kiayin.3427

Kiayin.3427

You didn’t miss much.

If people don’t know what a fortnight is then they aren’t old enough to be playing this game… that’s like 2nd grade stuff there.

Because only people whose first language is english play this game.

Boss week lasted one month, if I remember correctly… –

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

You didn’t miss much.

If you don’t understand a word, look it up… there’s no excuse for seeing “fortnight”, realizing you don’t know what that even means, doing nothing about it, and then complaining you weren’t warned that LS event was only up for 2-weeks. Fortnight means two weeks. 5secs on Google could have told them that.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Kiayin.3427

Kiayin.3427

You didn’t miss much.

If you don’t understand a word, look it up… there’s no excuse for seeing “fortnight”, realizing you don’t know what that even means, doing nothing about it, and then complaining you weren’t warned that LS event was only up for 2-weeks. Fortnight means two weeks. 5secs on Google could have told them that.

I’m not complaining about it, I know what fortnight means – I just disagreed with the sentiment. ^^; Especially when boss week didn’t last one week, which made the whole situation quite unclear. Personally, I believe it’d be nice if the LS meta achievement had a timer – like the monthly.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I agree with the OP. I think it needs to be clear just how long you have to do content before it goes away. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for.

This is particularly true because I just looked in the patch notes and it mentions this neither in the beginning of the patch notes, nor in the section on achievements for this update.

There’s no reason for there to be a lack of clarity. Why annoy any customer when the solution to the problem is so simple.

The time you have to do things should be made clear in game.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Nobody uses the word fortnight anymore. Use real English. I would venture to say half the people playing haven’t even heard the word before. I have, and I knew what it meant, but a large portion of people won’t.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Jezzrian.5461

Jezzrian.5461

‘Nobody uses the word fortnight’ is a bit of a sweeping statement, and I for one disagree. I wouldn’t say I use it regularly, but that’s because things don’t often happen on a fortnightly basis, and when they do I use it.

Maybe it’s a US/UK thing?

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

If it’s not an interval in cron, it’s not in my vocabulary.

Posted by: Metheglin.6517

Metheglin.6517

Nobody uses the word fortnight anymore. Use real English. I would venture to say half the people playing haven’t even heard the word before. I have, and I knew what it meant, but a large portion of people won’t.

Everyone here that I know in the UK uses fortnight. Do you mean real English or American English?

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Everyone here that I know in the UK uses fortnight. Do you mean real English or American English?

Real English, you guys may of invented the language, but you can hardly speak it (I’m just ribbing you of course, please don’t infract me <3)

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You didn’t miss much.

Doesn’t matter because my statement still stands accurate.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I wanted to do it on multiple alts for the keys, but it was too late. Another reason Living Story is bad for this game.