Fractal levels above 30 to be reset?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

If they’re resetting the fractal level to 30 do you think there’s the slightest chance they’ll make the fractal level account wide? I don’t see the harm since you can always set your level and all the gear is account bound so we can easily get the agony resist on the character we like.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

If they’re resetting the fractal level to 30 do you think there’s the slightest chance they’ll make the fractal level account wide? I don’t see the harm since you can always set your level and all the gear is account bound so we can easily get the agony resist on the character we like.

They are going to make it account wide.

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

Awesome. I’ll gladly have my progress reset to 30 (which isn’t bad, considering they’re capping at 50) for account-wide Fractals. Leaderboards are meh, but whatever. Account-wide Fractals. Awesome.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Fractal Progression Changes: The difficulty curve in fractals levels 1-30 is being adjusted, and fractals beyond level 30 will have new, special challenges. Every fractal players enter with a fractal level above 30 will have a special Mistlock Instability which will add new difficulties to that level or change how it is played.

Basically, anyone with levels beyond 30 didn’t get them using the soon to be newly added challenges. Yes, a lot of people simply kicked the Fractal’s buttocks up to this point, but now the training wheels come off. Surely those currently above level 30 are good enough to handle these new challenges and outpace the rest of us right back up there again, yes?

You’re losing the “credit” for doing them above 30 because they’re changing above 30. The past no longer applies.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

Anet Logic : Lets introduce ascended weapons so that the players can progress in fractals, and lets introduce leaderboards and wipe all the progress that the player have on fractals!

Seen right

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

The only thing I can hope for is that the leader board idea backfires, people will be complaining that they can’t join others because of leader board discrimination and hurting the people that didn’t get lvl30 before, who are now laughing with us.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Leaderboard is probably made to shut up the elitist.

you think leaderboards will be worth somthing after ppl already have had the cap of leaderboards … as back than : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fractals-cap-80/first

there was not a single comment from a dev… I played a gamemode without no great rewards cause it was hard .. if they Change fractals I would Play it againt to look if it’s hard if it’s easy I probably would make another scale 80 Video of the new dungeon and tell it was easy that’s all how could I care about leaderboards but they’re taking away my hard work if they resett this they can resett legendaries as well… because ppl took the easy way getting rng precursors instead of crafted ones

Chill, no need to quote me.

Maybe the instability will freshen things up for you.

To me, more annoying than the 30reset is the AR reset on ascended. I hope it won’t require me to farm AR before I can level up.

Posted by: Alsatian.6307

Alsatian.6307

Account-wide is really a good step for encouraging players to play more with their alts, good job ANet!!

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Yep my account wide level 3 will be a nice addition to my trophy case.

lekyii.9856

The only thing I can hope for is that the leader board idea backfires, people will be complaining that they can’t join others because of leader board discrimination and hurting the people that didn’t get lvl30 before, who are now laughing with us.

I would do that as well, but after this, i totally lost the interest in fractals, all my effor and time just got flush in to the mystic toilet.

(edited by Moderator)

lekyii.9856

you think leaderboards will be worth somthing after ppl already have had the cap of leaderboards … as back than : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fractals-cap-80/first

there was not a single comment from a dev… I played a gamemode without no great rewards cause it was hard .. if they Change fractals I would Play it againt to look if it’s hard if it’s easy I probably would make another scale 80 Video of the new dungeon and tell it was easy that’s all how could I care about leaderboards but they’re taking away my hard work if they resett this they can resett legendaries as well… because ppl took the easy way getting rng precursors instead of crafted ones

To me, more annoying than the 30reset is the AR reset on ascended. I hope it won’t require me to farm AR before I can level up.

what do you mean with AR reset? will i lose my infusions?

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

a leaderboard is what players really need and asked for.
oh wait…

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

This is FANTASTIC!!!!!!! I’ve done like 3 fractals so far so I’ve lost nothing. Don’t really care hell set everyone to 1! I just think it’s kinda funny you guy’s get to grind out more. However I wonder how many of the people complaining about these changes are also the ones complaining about Champ trains? Because now with it dropping Gold you may see more people doing them if the rewards are more inline with the Champ trains? So more people to run fractals with you guy’s should be happy. Last night I made 8 gold in one hour doing the Champ trains. You should be happy that now your time vs reward may actually get fixed for a change.

Atherakhia.4086

They are going to make it account wide.

Awesome, did they say that in the post and I just missed it?

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Love the account wide measure as I love my alts. That said, is there a measure on what fractal level you are at? I don’t think there is now, would love it to be tracked in the achievement panel so that I always know where I’m at (frankly I do them sparsely and don’t always remember where I am on track).

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The leaderboard is not the main reason for the reset. They have completely redesigned the difficulty and AR system which is what merits the reset.

It’s like this: you worked really hard to become the best horse racing jockey around. Then they invented cars and now everyone drives indy race cars instead of horses around the race track. Your horse racing skills are now “pointless” and thus they don’t matter.

It sucks for you, but you’ve either got to get with the times and enjoy the new content or slowly fade into obscurity as that “cranky old horse guy”.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Fractals is basically the only significant character progression for 80+, and that’s being deleted. If there was any clearer way to say kitten anyone who isn’t casual I don’t know what that would be. I cant believe they kittened up the one patch in months that was going to give something for hardcore pve’ers.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

(edited by rfdarko.4639)

Posted by: Skarg.6834

Skarg.6834

Well nice I can choose to take any of my chars into factual. Assuming this will make daily reward account based as well.

Being able to do both my War and Necro lvl 10 daily meant I could stack up relics to get other chars 20 slot bags and only 5 days to get rings if I was willing to run twice a day. Maybe I will work it more consistently into my rotation instead of just when a char is heading towards 80 I guess…..

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

Awesome, did they say that in the post and I just missed it?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-the-fractals-of-the-mists/

Your personal fractal difficulty and reward level is being made account-wide! Starting with the Fractured release, you can attempt high level fractals on a new character without needing to level up all over again.

Posted by: Bigoak.3270

Bigoak.3270

I think it means the ‘+5’ infused AR stat becomes an extra upgrade slot, so you will now have 2 slots, like ascended weapons.
The existing upgrade slot (‘+5’ AR and off/def stat remains).

Posted by: Dardevilmon.6702

Dardevilmon.6702

The leaderboard is not the main reason for the reset. They have completely redesigned the difficulty and AR system which is what merits the reset.

It’s like this: you worked really hard to become the best horse racing jockey around. Then they invented cars and now everyone drives indy race cars instead of horses around the race track. Your horse racing skills are now “pointless” and thus they don’t matter.

It sucks for you, but you’ve either got to get with the times and enjoy the new content or slowly fade into obscurity as that “cranky old horse guy”.

i Asume you got legendary(i do) anet intreduces new 1 your old 1 gets deleted.
You got rank 80 in spvp they intrdunce new balance patch/game mode you are reset to 30.
They add new dungeon and reset your DM title so you ahve to do it all over again.
You got the 250k kills in wvw they reset it becose they added new map and changed some beep.

You understand where i am coming from?O and you dont get anything as compesation or at least we dont know(and i honestly got no hope for anything)

Atherakhia.4086

Those of us who invested laurels into the current agony infusion will keep them then, I presume? They’re just removing the +5 AR built into the things and introducing a second infusion slot? So if we want double agony infusions we can?

I just want to make sure 50 laurels didn’t get flushed

Kilandros.2098

I know for a fact that I’m going to abuse the leader board system just to give the finger back to Anet.

Also, Fractal weapons at lvl10? If anything, they should only drop at lvl40+. Also, stop giving us rings at 40+. I don’t want rings, I don’t need rings, screw your stupid rings. Or let us salvage them for infusions/globs/vials/shards. But seriously. Screw the stupid rings.

They’re obviously trying to make Fractals more accessible:

Currently, Fractal Weapons only have a realistic chance of dropping regularly in 40+. And currently, Fractal weapons are the only reason anybody even runs 40+. However, only a very small population of the playerbase sits at 40+ personal reward level because Fractal leveling is an unbelievable time sink. Anet knows this, and they know that the majority of their playerbase will never level that far into Fractals and consequently never have a real shot at acquiring skins.

Clearly what they are trying to is front load the rewards so that even casual players can get weapons without spending dozens and dozens of hours leveling through Fractals. Now players have pretty much wholesale access to rewards after 10+. This should spark new interest in what has become a very stagnant pool of Fractal runners.

I think the leaderboards are silly, but I’m not convinced they’ll have as profound an effect as you’re suggesting. First we need to see what the new drop rates are. If Fractal weapons drop with some consistency in the 20s, then most people will farm in the 20s—especially with the new unpredictable instances coming in 30+ which could be a headache. People farming 20s will have less effect on the leaderboard, and will therefore have little reason to check the leaderboard.

It seems to me that the leaderboard is the metaphorical bone being thrown to players who previously relied on Fractal skins to display elite fractal running status. Now that skins are becoming more widely accessible, Anet has (perhaps mistakenly) given the hardcore runners another method of showing their dedication via leaderboards .

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Sounds good to me!

Posted by: MMOJumper.8504

MMOJumper.8504

Love the account wide measure as I love my alts. That said, is there a measure on what fractal level you are at? I don’t think there is now, would love it to be tracked in the achievement panel so that I always know where I’m at (frankly I do them sparsely and don’t always remember where I am on track).

Right now it’s character based. All you have to do is walk up to the portal in LA and it’ll tell you your level. I’m sure when they add the account-wide levels it will be somewhere, likely on the achievement panel near the Luck bar.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

what do you mean with AR reset? will i lose my infusions?

I don’t know! But this:
All current infused rings and backpacks will start with a +5 agony resist infusion (this replaces the +5 agony resist that was previously on the item itself).

Players will be able to find +1 agony resist infusions commonly in the fractals after level 10.

lekyii.9856

Currently, Fractal Weapons only have a realistic chance of dropping regularly in 40+. And currently, Fractal weapons are the only reason anybody even runs 40+. However, only a very small population of the playerbase sits at 40+ personal reward level because Fractal leveling is an unbelievable time sink. Anet knows this, and they know that the majority of their playerbase will never level that far into Fractals and consequently never have a real shot at acquiring skins.

Clearly what they are trying to is front load the rewards so that even casual players can get weapons without spending dozens and dozens of hours leveling through Fractals. Now players have pretty much wholesale access to rewards after 10+. This should spark new interest in what has become a very stagnant pool of Fractal runners.

I think the leaderboards are silly, but I’m not convinced they’ll have as profound an effect as you’re suggesting. First we need to see what the new drop rates are. If Fractal weapons drop with some consistency in the 20s, then most people will farm in the 20s—especially with the new unpredictable instances coming in 30+ which could be a headache. People farming 20s will have less effect on the leaderboard, and will therefore have little reason to check the leaderboard.

It seems to me that the leaderboard is the metaphorical bone being thrown to players who previously relied on Fractal skins to display elite fractal running status. Now that skins are becoming more widely accessible, Anet has (perhaps mistakenly) given the hardcore runners another method of showing their dedication via leaderboards .

and so what!? now everyone have to get everything in game!?, cant some stuff be “exclusive” for players that are more “hardcore” or that are more skilled?

(edited by Moderator)

Bright.9160

If they reset everyone to lvl 30, anyone that didn’t get to level 48 on at least 1 character by today should be reset to level 1. Because why just kitten off half of your community when you can kitten off all of them?

Also, it would give the people that are essentially laughing at us because they didn’t get 30+ and we did a taste of their own medicine.

Oh right, but it’s not the casuals you like to punish, it’s just the hard core players.

It’s as if you don’t even want people to play your game seriously.

Also, inb4 more pointless gear checks as opposed to skill checks.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You got rank 80 in spvp they intrdunce new balance patch/game mode you are reset to 30.
They add new dungeon and reset your DM title so you ahve to do it all over again.
You got the 250k kills in wvw they reset it becose they added new map and changed some beep.

You understand where i am coming from?O and you dont get anything as compesation or at least we dont know(and i honestly got no hope for anything)

1. PvP ranks get reset for seasons in almost every serious PvP game out there.
2. Your legendary analogy isn’t correct. It would be more like if you found a way to get a legendary that wasn’t in the game yet (i.e. used exploits), then when they made it available they took it away from you and you had to earn along with everyone else.

I understand where you are coming from, but your current anger is blinding you to the benefits of this change. Your high level didn’t actually do anything for you before, wasn’t supposed to even have been possible, and really wasn’t as impressive of an accomplishment as you believe it to be. Going forward in the new system, your level will bestow appropriate rewards for completing an appropriate challenge. If you are really deserving of the high level you are “losing”, then you’ll have no problem proving it in the new era (and you’ll get better rewards and respect).

This is a good change, and I’m sure you’ll see that once you get going.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Kilandros.2098

I know for a fact that I’m going to abuse the leader board system just to give the finger back to Anet.

Also, Fractal weapons at lvl10? If anything, they should only drop at lvl40+. Also, stop giving us rings at 40+. I don’t want rings, I don’t need rings, screw your stupid rings. Or let us salvage them for infusions/globs/vials/shards. But seriously. Screw the stupid rings.

and so what!? now everyone have to get everything in game!?, cant some stuff be “exclusive” for players that are more “hardcore” or that are more skilled?

Cliffnotes for the reading comp challenged: Apparently they see being towards the top of the leaderboard as sufficiently “exclusive.”

Also, dont get made at me. I’m not a dev.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

That’s correct. They’re not punishing the casuals, they’re punishing hardcore players.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

2. Your legendary analogy isn’t correct. It would be more like if you found a way to get a legendary that wasn’t in the game yet (i.e. used exploits), then when they made it available they took it away from you and you had to earn along with everyone else.

People that got to 81 got there LEGIT as people who got to 48……

What about the LEGEND bug?

Why didn t they delete all legends and bitfrost?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

lekyii.9856

Cliffnotes for the reading comp challenged: Apparently they see being towards the top of the leaderboard as sufficiently “exclusive.”

Also, dont get made at me. I’m not a dev.

sorry m8, this is just alot of (bad) information at the same time.

Sorry for being so aggressive

Kilandros.2098

If they reset everyone to lvl 30, anyone that didn’t get to level 48 on at least 1 character by today should be reset to level 1. Because why just kitten off half of your community when you can kitten off all of them?

Also, it would give the people that are essentially laughing at us because they didn’t get 30+ and we did a taste of their own medicine.

Oh right, but it’s not the casuals you like to punish, it’s just the hard core players.

It’s as if you don’t even want people to play your game seriously.

Also, inb4 more pointless gear checks as opposed to skill checks.

It’s one thing to pound your chest and exclaim that hardcore players are being punished, but how exactly are they being punished?

Because we’re at 30 instead of 48? As far as I’m concerned, since I was only running them for skins, I really don’t care what level I’m at so long as it’s the level where skins are dropping.

Hardcore players were running Fractals for skins. They’re still at a level where skins drop. They’ll be back at 48 in no time. This isn’t a big deal, and account-wide Fractals MORE than makes up for the loss.

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

People that got to 81 got there LEGIT as people who got to 48……

What about the LEGEND bug?

Why didn t they delete all legends and bitfrost?

Because they lost already half of the popularity with their first patches/nerfs etc. (this includes everything not just dungeons or fractals specifically). Another chunk of players will be leaving now or at least not touch fractals again without a guarantee that’s it not being reset in the future patches. Deleting all legends would make the last 5% of the community go berserk and GW2 would end up like GW1 or other games – Dead. Welcome to Online Gaming everybody

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

My problem is not with the reset itself (I have two lvl 50 characters), it is with the fact that none of us will get any kind of reward for spending endless hours leveling. Let alone the people who leveled more than one character only to be faced with an accound wide level. Also, what was the point of those ascended weapons? Pretty much everyone I know who crafted them, leveled then from 38 to 50. Why allow us this progression, only to take it away a couple of months later?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They are not punishing anyone.
And I would personally believe that the hardcore players would WELCOME the new changes, since they are quite clearly adding HARDCORE elements to lvl 31+, and based on the blog post it seems to be new different elements for ALL of the levels, so progressing through them does make sense, since one can assume that the elements will get harder and harder.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ozma.3498

ozma.3498

Myself and many of my friends spent a lot of time and a huge amount of effort hitting fractal level 80. Obviously people who are fractal level 50+ make up a very small minority of the game’s population, so the reset to level 30 no doubt won’t upset many people.

For somebody like me, however, it really comes as an unpleasant shock that I’m going to lose 50 levels of personal progression that I worked extremely hard for. It’s the first time I’ve had something I worked very hard for actually taken away from me in an MMO. A lot of organization goes into hitting 80, and it requires a lot of patience and huge amounts of effort. Losing 50 levels of progression is literally like having two or three max-level alts deleted in terms of time investment lost.

When the PvP leaderboards were introduced and players were stripped of their QP, the top players were given reward chests with unique titles as a way to acknowledge they were at the cutting edge before the leaderboards were implemented. It would be nice to see something similar done for the players like myself and my friends who spent literally hundreds of hours getting to the top fractal tier possible. Maybe titles based on the tier reached, similar to the pre-leaderboard PvP titles.

Without something like this, there will be nothing to show for ever reaching that goal (the cutting edge of PvE in GW2, in my opinion) other than a memory, as there were no unique rewards for reaching high levels from the fractals themselves – most chests just contained blues and greens.

Would appreciate an official response on this, thanks.

Posted by: leila.7962

leila.7962

We will be downleveled on fractals and it will become account wise.
Why not make the agony resist account wise too? Like MF Karma and Gold find?

My point on asking this is because most people already don’t have agony over 40-45 on one character, even more on multi characters.
If fractals will get harder it will be even harder for people to get to 55 AR, and probably disencouraging to do it on other characters as well.

I have 5 different classes on lvl 80 but I can only play on higher levels on 2, because it’s just too much effort / money to make the 55 AR on them all, and rewards, let’s be honest, most times, aren’t worthy the 250 ectos you put in your backpack.

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I thought Laurel infusions were for amulets and the agony infusions were either the simple infusion (75 relics) or the super expensive MF combo infusions.

Atherakhia.4086

What if they just gave everyone bonus chests for every level above 30 that was wiped? Would that resolve the heartache people are having who are losing their PvE progression?

I’m in the low/mid 30s myself and haven’t run Fractals in months. I got everything I wanted and had no reason to run it. Running it just to say I did isn’t enough motivation for me. If Im not being rewarded or don’t like the rewards I simply don’t bother with it.

The suggestion that my rank be reduced to 1 simply because I didn’t bother continuing on in Fractals for no reason whatsoever doesn’t sit well with me. Especially in a game like this where PvE is a laughable accomplishment to begin with. If you want to measure your kitten, do it in a game where PvE matters….

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

So ascended backpacks will get +5 ar. But whats with the people who already infused their backpacks. Will the 250 ectos be in vain? That would be 750 ectos for me

Kilandros.2098

Myself and many of my friends spent a lot of time and a huge amount of effort hitting fractal level 80. Obviously people who are fractal level 50+ make up a very small minority of the game’s population, so the reset to level 30 no doubt won’t upset many people.

For somebody like me, however, it really comes as an unpleasant shock that I’m going to lose 50 levels of personal progression that I worked extremely hard for. It’s the first time I’ve had something I worked very hard for actually taken away from me in an MMO. A lot of organization goes into hitting 80, and it requires a lot of patience and huge amounts of effort. Losing 50 levels of progression is literally like having two or three max-level alts deleted in terms of time investment lost.

When the PvP leaderboards were introduced and players were stripped of their QP, the top players were given reward chests with unique titles as a way to acknowledge they were at the cutting edge before the leaderboards were implemented. It would be nice to see something similar done for the players like myself and my friends who spent literally hundreds of hours getting to the top fractal tier possible. Maybe titles based on the tier reached, similar to the pre-leaderboard PvP titles.

Without something like this, there will be nothing to show for ever reaching that goal (the cutting edge of PvE in GW2, in my opinion) other than a memory, as there were no unique rewards for reaching high levels from the fractals themselves – most chests just contained blues and greens.

Would appreciate an official response on this, thanks.

I spent dozens and dozen and dozens of hours running 48 dailies simply to rarely get a skin and even more rarely get the skin I wanted. After innumerable disappointing and frustrating runs, I stopped running Fractals entirely.

What I’m trying to say is this: Reworking Fractals was reward enough.

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

well they could at least add a Special title than they did in Arena item or whatever as one time reward for Player that did this before.. if they would have a horse Jockey he would have least gotten a reward when he was the best horse jokey… and yeah I’m mad for me it’s like destorying 3 legendaries… maybe somthing more since it coulnd’t be bought with Money… soo they should at least think about ppl like me who put a lot of effort in hardcore Content without rewards I just want that sign uf scale 81 to remain since I worked for the sign not to Show off tbh so I’m quite kitten ed

first scale 81 fractals

Atherakhia.4086

For every level above 30 that is wiped you get a bonus daily chest. Done is done.

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

Fractal weapons can currently drop in the mid/high 20s, but it’s super rare.

I got a Fractal Speargun at 28 or 30 a long time ago and it wasn’t until I got into the 40s that I saw another one.

Currently, doing level 48, the drop rate is actually pretty high.

Posted by: Dardevilmon.6702

Dardevilmon.6702

1. PvP ranks get reset for seasons in almost every serious PvP game out there.

I understand where you are coming from, but your current anger is blinding you to the benefits of this change. Your high level didn’t actually do anything for you before, wasn’t supposed to even have been possible, and really wasn’t as impressive of an accomplishment as you believe it to be. Going forward in the new system, your level will bestow appropriate rewards for completing an appropriate challenge. If you are really deserving of the high level you are “losing”, then you’ll have no problem proving it in the new era (and you’ll get better rewards and respect).

This is a good change, and I’m sure you’ll see that once you get going.

In any serius PvP game out there it doesnt take over a year for 3 ppl to get to rank 70 when max is rank 80 just so they could get rested.
And how is doing only odd lvls fotm and exploit pls explain that to me?
Well if it wasent an impressive accomplishment what was it then as far as i know most ppl dont even have 48 and like seriusly little amount of ppl got to lvl 80 so if that wasent an impressive accomplishment in this game what is it then give me an example in this game?

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

For every level above 30 that is wiped you get a bonus daily chest. Done is done.

a Bonus daily chest is nothing for ppl that invest Money and time worth of 2-3 legendaries back 2012 to get to scale 81 legit way rez orbs from shop… if they implement leaderboards they should have the true leaders on top or at least give us a 1 time Special reward for all that did get to scale 81 so they done scale 80 legitly and stuff and it Needs to be really Special to make up for the hours and Money spent
a daily chest is just a joke!

first scale 81 fractals

Bright.9160

They are not punishing anyone.
And I would personally believe that the hardcore players would WELCOME the new changes, since they are quite clearly adding HARDCORE elements to lvl 31+, and based on the blog post it seems to be new different elements for ALL of the levels, so progressing through them does make sense, since one can assume that the elements will get harder and harder.

Yes they are. They are punishing us in multiple ways:

• All the effort we spent getting to higher levels wasted, without a compensation (or at least it seems that way). For **** sake, they reimbursed people who bought multiple gathering tools when they made them account bound, which was entirely their fault as well.
  • Making it an even bigger casual fest: Fractal weapons at lvl10? Screw that. Fractal weapons were the only skins in the game that actually had some sort of skill cap to them, even with the horrendous RNG. If anything, they should limit Fractal weapons to lvl30+ or even 40+. It should be harder to get them, not easier.
  • The account bound thing is kind of both ways. It’s a punishment in the sense that I basically wasted all my time leveling up my alts, but it’s good in the sense that after the update, it’s going to be account bound. I wonder if they’re making the dailies account bound though, because that would suck pretty hard and make the game even more alt-unfriendly.
  • They’ve basically ignored everything we’ve been saying for almost a year about Fractals, only to say ’don’t worry guys, we’ll revamp them soon’, having us all anticipated about this upcoming change, only to find out it’s going to screw us over worse than when they would have just left it alone.
  • They had 1 chance to show some love to their dedicated PvE community. What they basically did with this update is saying yeah, no, we don’t give a toss about you guys, go die in a fire and leave our game alone, we don’t want you here.

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

You cannot get to level 80 fractals anymore without anyone opens the odd fractals for you. In the past you could use the rezz tactic against the jade maw ar. But after this was patched out, it was impossible to do the jade maw.
So i dont think it would be fair to give rewards to people with fractals lvl 80. (I’m stuck at 50)

What I’m trying to say is this: Reworking Fractals was reward enough.

Pretty much this.