Free Princess !!

Free Princess !!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

… and Herta!!
.. and Maudrey 2!!

Allow us to give them an unlimited amount of bloodstone dust, dragonite ore, etc. per day. It is not like the items they give are amazing or anything. More often then not its fine/masterwork stuff we salvage.

I’ve got bloodstone dust piling up faster than I can feed it to her and I’ve maxed out on bricks (250 in storage).

It seems silly to put a time gate on what feels like more of a quality of life feature like these converters.

Free Princess !!

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

+1

Free Princess !!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

ANet doesn’t want to give us a reason to farm the ascended mats. These gizmos offer a mechanism so those who can’t stand to delete junk get an opportunity to turn it into something of value. It’s not meant to be particularly quick or easy.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Free Princess !!

Will.9785

The mechanism is too slow. That’s the issue. It can’t keep up with what you can get just by playing the game. To say nothing of “farming”. Please. If they removed the time gate its not as if folks are going to go out of their way to farm bloodstone dust for a chance at getting a lodestone once in a blue moon (but more than likely a blue or green junk item).

Easy has nothing to do with it.

Free Princess !!

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

just get more storage space. max is 2000 now for mats. you can also craft higher tier mats. you also can have 14 bank tabs to put over stack of mats.

Free Princess !!

Will.9785

just get more storage space. max is 2000 now for mats. you can also craft higher tier mats. you also can have 14 bank tabs to put over stack of mats.

Just spend a hundred bucks to hold more bloodstone dust and dragonite ore. OK. LOL.

Free Princess !!

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Yeah, I dislike the gating too. +1

Free Princess !!

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I agree, they should be unlimited. I don’t even use Princess & friends because they are limited and they take up bag space for nothing… I just delete the stuff I don’t need.

Free Princess !!

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The game shouldnt have on any gameplay mechanics time gatings at all.

To have even time gatings in this game is like a slap into the face for the player.
Time gatings, like especialyl those of Ascended Material Craftign were useful, when it was important to make sure, that the stuff isn’t just at introduction wothless…

But these items had now like 2 years time to get integreated into the game.. theres no sense anymore in keeping these obsolete time gatings in the game, regardless for what, be it crafting, or be it material conversion…

Time gatings are just the manifestation of grind and its absolute blasphemy to have such garbage systems in a game, that says from itself, that it “has no grind”, because time gatings aren’t there to create “fun”, they exist only to create artificial grind and are the most annoying stuff, with that you can really **** off your players, to slow down the player artificially so that they can’t get something in a game as fast as possible, but at a required time pace, that Anet wants us that we need to spent first, before we get what we want….

This system is counter productive and stands against absolutely everythign GW2 stood for at its beginning, before ascended items and the crafting mechanics for it got introduced!!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Free Princess !!

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

It is not like the items they give are amazing or anything. More often then not its fine/masterwork stuff we salvage.

It’s possible to get precursors from them.

But I agree, this is an unnecessary block.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Free Princess !!

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Simple reason it will never happen. Anet makes money selling Bank Tabs, Bank Space and Inventory Expanders.

Free Princess !!

CMM.6712

It is not like the items they give are amazing or anything. More often then not its fine/masterwork stuff we salvage.

Source? Not saying it’s not true, just saying I never knew that.

Free Princess !!

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

Pretty certain it’s true that you can get precursors from those bags. Someone linked a precursor in map chat a few months back, saying they’d gotten it from a Princess bag.

This is hearsay of course, and it’s entirely possible that person could have been lying, but I don’t really see any reason for them to make that up, and their excitement (as well as their surprise that it came from a Princess bag) was proof enough for me.

That said, I can’t link to a loot table or anything that substantial.

Free Princess !!

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Anything that drops random exotics can drop a precursor. That’s been well established with champ bags, wvw drops, wvw reward track boxes, pvp reward track boxes, etc. I’m 90% sure I’ve even seen someone with a screenshot for the gizmo-generated loot (e.g. Gift of Mawdrey).

However, it’s nearly impossible to “prove” — people would need to be recording on video and since the chance is so tiny, the likelihood that someone streaming just happens to have before|after up is infinitesimal.

tl;dr any random exotic can turn out to be a precursor (but chances are too small for it to matter if one is being economically efficient)

Free Princess !!

CMM.6712

Anything that drops random exotics can drop a precursor. That’s been well established with champ bags, wvw drops, wvw reward track boxes, pvp reward track boxes, etc. I’m 90% sure I’ve even seen someone with a screenshot for the gizmo-generated loot (e.g. Gift of Mawdrey).

However, it’s nearly impossible to “prove” — people would need to be recording on video and since the chance is so tiny, the likelihood that someone streaming just happens to have before|after up is infinitesimal.

tl;dr any random exotic can turn out to be a precursor (but chances are too small for it to matter if one is being economically efficient)

Hmm well I hope I get one! I think the best I’ve gotten so far is a lesser vision crystal.

Free Princess !!

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

When you said ‘Free Princess’ I was hoping you meant as a mini pet

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Free Princess !!

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Source is personal experience.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Free Princess !!

CMM.6712

Source is personal experience.

Nice! Congrats!

Free Princess !!

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Or they could just let us SELL these ascended matts?

Free Princess !!

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

Simple reason it will never happen. Anet makes money selling Bank Tabs, Bank Space and Inventory Expanders.

uhm… who buys those things because of crap ascended mats? I bought all 14 bank tabs for my tons of ascended armor & weapons, not because of some worthless mats… I got 1,000 storage space for all mats because I wanted to be able to only have to refine my stuff once every 2~3 days instead of twice a day with only 250…

Your post seems rather pointless… Making these items have no time gate would have no effect on their bottom line what so ever excluding the 2~3 crazy ppl who think one day they’ll make a bajillion gold from their stash of 25,000 blood stone bricks…

Or they could just let us SELL these ascended matts?

I’d personally be happy if they were only worth 1 copper each and the merchant would buy the garbage… I’ve grown tired of deleting stack after stack of the garbage…

(edited by Allison The Strange.4519)

Free Princess !!

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

I got so tired of the endless supply of basic ascended mats that I just ended up destroying all of the material “eaters”. Now I’m free to insta destroy any bloodstone/empyreal/dragonite that shows up in my inventory, without thinking I’m losing out on something.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Free Princess !!

Posted by: ZerotheFang.5890

ZerotheFang.5890

i need another empyreal fragment eater i get too many i got the all the normal ones princess, mawdrey, hetra, star of gratitude, sentient thing we need another fragment eater. but then i also need the candy corn thing.

where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.

Free Princess !!

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

ANet doesn’t want to give us a reason to farm the ascended mats. These gizmos offer a mechanism so those who can’t stand to delete junk get an opportunity to turn it into something of value. It’s not meant to be particularly quick or easy.

This.

Also, any form of gating is just another reason to log in every day. Even if you’re not really active in-game, just logging in every day has benefits for you and A-net- it means you might see something new/returning on the gemstore that you want, or new content that will bring you back into the game.

Obviously, eaters alone aren’t going to keep the masses logging in frequently, but it’s just another small thing that stacks up the incentive…

And honestly, I doubt the gating is to incentivise bag-slot/bank sales. I’m sure that on average the cost of a tab/slot isn’t going to be covered by the junk you get from opening those eater-gifts. Buying a slot/tab purely for storing the ascended junk doesn’t seem like a very economical solution at all…

Free Princess !!

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

Empyrial fragments has been my slot problem for as long as i could remember. not being able to get wintersday achievement is a pain.. Still hoping.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Free Princess !!

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Empyrial fragments has been my slot problem for as long as i could remember. not being able to get wintersday achievement is a pain.. Still hoping.

I can get behind ANet adding another gizmo for empyreals.

• For bloodstone, there’s Mawdrey (obtainable any time; most of the gating can be bypassed with gold), Herta (obtainable anytime), and Sentient Anomaly (obtainable any time)
  • For Dragonite, there’s Princess (obtainable any time, with minor nighttime gating) and Sentient Anomaly (anytime)
  • For Empyreal, there’s only the Gizmo of Generosity (not its real name™ ). This is gated behind a collection that can only be started during a few weeks out of the year.

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)