Free Waypoints

Free Waypoints

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Just a comment and question. I would love to see them make waypointing free once you open the waypoint. This would (in my opinion) make world movement more fun and quicker. I mean we can go to WvW and then Lions Arch why not just make the travel free? Thoughts?

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Free Waypoints

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Waypoint fees help fight inflation by deleting coins from the economy. Removing them would require additional fees being added elsewhere, or coin drops being heavily nerfed.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Free Waypoints

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Waypoint fees help fight inflation by deleting coins from the economy. Removing them would require additional fees being added elsewhere, or coin drops being heavily nerfed.

Well they have already nerfed the drops so I guess I feel since drops are so bad give something. I think it would also help when looking for help. I see what you are saying but I don’t think it is really an economic issue.

Free Waypoints

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

They reduced liquid coin drops around the time they made repairs free. To make waypoints free they would need to do another nerf to liquid coin drops.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Free Waypoints

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If the amount of Gold from Waypoint use is not enough to affect the economy, it isn’t enough to seriously affect Wallets.

If the amount of Gold from Waypoint use is enough to affect Wallets, then it is enough to affect the economy.

Free Waypoints

Lite Ning Strike.5203

If the amount of Gold from Waypoint use is not enough to affect the economy, it isn’t enough to seriously affect Wallets.

If the amount of Gold from Waypoint use is enough to affect Wallets, then it is enough to affect the economy.

To me its more of an annoyance and considering all the drop rate nerfing that has gone on since HoT released (Dungeons is an example) then make them free and take the thought out of the equation.

Free Waypoints

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Since Anet have introduced a guild hall upgrade that reduces WP costs, I take that as a hint that free WPs aren’t in their foreseeable plans.

Free Waypoints

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Really? I certainly never notice the tiny amount of money leaving the Wallet. No more than when I put Gear up for sale on the TP, or buy from Vendors. Nor do I really pay attention to how much goes in the Wallet from drops and bags.

The only time I really pay close attention is when I pick up substantial amounts of Gold from the BLTP NPC.

It would drive me crazy to check the Wallet every time before I killed something, traveled, interacted with an NPC, etc. Thus, it’s not an annoyance for me, as I don’t notice it.

Free Waypoints

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I would love to see them make waypointing free once you open the waypoint.

So you’re anti-Asuran and would love to see us broke then?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Free Waypoints

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

Make waypoints free. Remove all waypoints except the ones at zone transitions(from one zone to the next).

Free Waypoints

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

You know i always thought waypointing to any of the major cities should be free from anywhere in the world. For the people that say that not good enough I would add one free waypoint in every zone maybe. I do think waypointing from say verdent brink to blazeridge steppes is little bit expensive.

Free Waypoints

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

When I first started playing, I worried a little about the WP cost and sometimes ran on foot rather than use them. Then I realised that the cost is just not significant. They are fine. The only problem I ever have with them is in zones where there are not enough of them or where lots of them are regularly contested.

Free Waypoints

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t even notice the waypoint fee. In most cases the first thing you kill or harvest gets it back, if it’s that much of a concern.

I remember not long after launch when I only had a few silver thinking, ‘omg, at level 80 it’s a couple of silver for each waypoint. I’ll have to walk everywhere.’

Didn’t happen. As I leveled my ability to gain gold increased and it became unimportant.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Free Waypoints

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hmm … I probably spend around 20-50s a day on WP fee but whatever. At this point that isn’t really an amount to care about.

Free Waypoints

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Waypoint fees are a very good way of extracting a lot of money out of the economy on a continuous basis, as lots of players use waypoints on a daily basis, but most players dont notice the fee.
You have to have something in place like this to combat inflation which exists in every MMO, and lots of very small fees are much more player friendly that lesser large fees.

Free Waypoints

Lite Ning Strike.5203

As I noticed several have said they don’t notice them, if that be the case then why charge them if they are so trivial? I just think it would be nice, just like when armor repairs went free, you probably paid little attention to that but it is a nice thing to have.

Free Waypoints

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They may be trivial per person but a substantial gold sink over the whole game.

It’s actually better, imo, as a gold sink that they be too small to notice. If they were noticeable then people would waypoint less. They would resent having to make the choice between waypointing and spending a noticeable amount of silver or not getting to an event on time. Small but frequent removals of gold that people don’t notice are better than larger, less frequent gold sinks that people resent.

As to the armor repair costs, those may have not been enough of a gold sink to matter, what with people having repair canisters or learning to play better and might have been removed for that reason.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Free Waypoints

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

To me its more of an annoyance and considering all the drop rate nerfing that has gone on since HoT released (Dungeons is an example) then make them free and take the thought out of the equation.

What other examples of drop rate nerfing are there besides the reduction to the guaranteed gold rewards in dungeons? Fractal rewards are up a lot, world bosses deliver the same (or better, in the case of Shattererererererer, since there are loot-bearing champs), and I get tons of loot from events & foes in the new maps.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”