Free can not save GW2

Free can not save GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: alberte.2685

alberte.2685

Flames Rising on the line, but I am very disappointed with the new PVE. For LW players, all the beautiful skin is in the gem store, while the new map does not have any power to play.

RPG game is the player to wait 2 months after playing for two hours, and then off the assembly line.
MMOPRG core is to maintain a high number of players online,

GW2 is a MMOPRG game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!not PRG, not MOBA!

If every LW update is a gem store update, then ask a question, why do I want to play guild wars? Why do I want to keep online?

ANET, you should completely shut down the gem shops and gold exchange system, so that all the updates are IN-GAME SIKN .

Time charge or VIP charge is a better choice. (turn off the gem store)

Free can not save GW2,The gem store update will only allow the number of GW2 players less, make ANET more poor.

(edited by alberte.2685)

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

free is fine. i will never play sub game. gem store is genius

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The current GW2 business model is probably my all time favorite for an MMO.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Free can’t save it? That’s good … it didn’t need saving so free is just fine. Funny to complain about a business model that has worked for 4 years. Maybe come back in 8.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Well, there’s no subscription, so they had to do something to make money.

Love it or hate it, it’s always been this way and I seriously doubt it’s ever going to change.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: alberte.2685

alberte.2685

Love it or hate it, it’s always been this way and I seriously doubt it’s ever going to change.

Lol is based on the number of players to make money, and gw2 in the gem store update (skin in-game does not update) will only reduce the number of players, the result is that the gem stores will make gw2 more difficult to make money.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Better choice for you, not so much for the rest of us.

With this Episode, approximately 20 new skins were added…in-game. Perhaps, you missed them.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Lol is based on the number of players to make money,

Good thing GW2 isn’t LoL. The comparison is nonsense. LoL isn’t even the same kind of game as GW2.

If there is ANY sure way to sink this game, it’s to do exactly what you are recommending.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Lol is based on the number of players to make money, and gw2 in the gem store update (skin in-game does not update) will only reduce the number of players, the result is that the gem stores will make gw2 more difficult to make money.

What do you mean by “time charge” and "VIP charge? That sounds like subscription to me and MMOs are basically leaving subscriptions behind in favor of in-game stores.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If every LW update is a gem store update, then ask a question, why do I want to play guild wars? Why do I want to keep online?

People I know play for fun.

ANET, you should completely shut down the gem shops and gold exchange system, so that all the updates are IN-GAME SIKN .then just back to MMOPRG time charge

GW2 was advertised as buy-to-play and many people play GW2 because it’s B2P. Your desires are in direct conflict with those of who like the business model. It’s my hope that ANet keeps to their advertised business model.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

There isn’t the market to support purely subscription based MMOs anymore. WoW has the lion share of the western players willing to pay a sub, with FF14 a distant 2nd. Everyone else is adopting a F2P (with or without an additional sub) or B2P model… Eve Online is the latest to go down that route :
http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2016/08/31/eve-online-going-free-to-play-after-13-years

I think the heyday of sub to play MMOs are over and I can’t see anyone seriously considering that business model anymore.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

GW2 is not a fashion game either.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I thought I recognized the OP. He is also a Chinese client player who has been sounding out how gw2 in China is dying. He might be right on that but he’s wrong on the western client. He’s made several threads in the subject of the Chinese client and it’s problems with retaining players.

Maybe his suggestion is for the Chinese client and he didn’t say.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

He is a Taywan player , playing on the chinese server
(i too , know many things about Germans and how i can persuade them to get norefundable gold )

He winned 1,5 years ago , about the ‘’King/queen’’ VIP sub
(pay 12 months of sub and you guarenatee a Legendary Weapon) .

When the Legendary was removed it from the VIP , and put into the gemstore , he whinned again
And now we back in introducing a VIP ?
Stick to a plan , dont back off …

…oh more bad memories…neeed to watch anime …to counter these memories !
Code Geass ep 8 , here i come !

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i would never complain about more stuff being added outside the gemstore stuff but to be honest i think they have been doing a fair bit of rewards through in game means. we have gotten new backpieces, 3 (i think) new armor pieces (which remember from their side is x3 for armor class, then x5 for races) a full weapon set (carnival) and at least 1 sort of on its on weapon (destroyer scythe).

theres probably other skins im not recalling right now as well, then theres also how quite a few mini pets are in the game now that you can get entirely through in game means.

remember this is all through free updates (and if you want to be smug and say it is part of what was promised with HoT then I would also stack every skin they added with HoT on top as well which was also quite a few sets).

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Neurion.4086

Neurion.4086

I fully support ANet’s decision to go with their gemstore instead of subscriptions and the likes. Their business model is my favourite and much preferred over anything else.

…and if I want to buy shinnies or, exchange gems for gold I prefer doing business directly with ANet than anyone else, namely gold sellers. We don’t need another Lineage II situation here.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I like the new map (minus the jade heart area, and the JP, those were both horribly designed streams of antifun) and I didn’t like the last expansions worth of maps, the ones that lost them a bunch of players, so maybe that’s a sign they are going in the right direction and you may just be in the minority opinion here on the PvE content.

As for monetization, a monthly subscription is not even an option for most people. Buy to play with expansions or free to play with sold cosmetics are the two best ways to monetize, or some combination of the two.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Sez you.

My characters look awesome.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Sez you.

I saw your triple effect vid with the Chak Egg effect, gotta admit that was cool.

But to get that stuff you had to do PvE or buy it with hard-earned gold.

Im pretty sure if all somebody cared about was how they look… they wouldnt have that much fun in GW2, which is not true because nearly all players play the game for PvE or PvP/WvW.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Sez you.

Correction: GW2 is not strictly a fashion game. Or even “primarily”. But let’s face it, you could spend hours playing dress-up or making over their face if you really wanted to. Thank goodness this game doesn’t charge by the hour!

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Derdhal.6908

Derdhal.6908

No, it’s not. GW2 is a west MMO with mainly west playerbase. And p2p model is dying in the West since a long time ago. I think there’s just one MMO developed in the West surviving with that model (and it’s THE MMO, born in other times when that was usual). I know it’s different in the East, but here almost nobody prefer p2p (except to play specifically that ancient MMO and not sure if they prefer or they just accept).

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Save a game that dose not need saving?

OP, guild wars 2 is a buy to play game, with QoL and optional extra’s in the gem store. There is nothing in the gem store that you need to play. There are things that make life alot easier, but nothing there is a must have. Just because there are skins in the store, is by no means a must buy item. The gem store is there to help ANet make a little extra on the side if players want to buy thing from there.

I’ve bought thing from there in the past, I’ve spent a lot more in the first 2 years than I did in the last 2 and a bit years. But that just because I have most of what I want, and there is very little on there these days that I feel “I must have!” But I know quite a few people who play that have to have everything. As soon as an outfit or skin hits the gem store, they have it.

ANet makes more money from gem sales every month than they do box sales. I remember someone saying once a few months back that ANet makes millions from ben sales every year, and people go crazy over the holidays, I remember last year one forum member posted there stack of gem cards they had ready to spend in the gem store over the holidays, and it was in the $100’s of.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

They just gave is the latest episode for free, if GW was dying they would most certainly not do that. OP you should consider that GW content is up there with the best, if not the best.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior.

I can’t really follow the thread because it branched off into to many side-topics, but from what I have caught is that some people complain about the Gem Store – or any sort of payment. Which is ridiculous. It’s like not willing to pay electricity bills after signing the contract and being happy that you can switch on the lights and your toaster.

I would (and actually do) pay for this game via Gems and I do it because I know how real-life and businesses work. And I assume 80% of the playerbase does as well. This whining about any cost for such a high quality title like GuildWars2 is usually coming from either unemployed people or kids without legal ways of paying.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Excelsior.

I can’t really follow the thread because it branched off into to many side-topics, but from what I have caught is that some people complain about the Gem Store – or any sort of payment. Which is ridiculous. It’s like not willing to pay electricity bills after signing the contract and being happy that you can switch on the lights and your toaster.

I would (and actually do) pay for this game via Gems and I do it because I know how real-life and businesses work. And I assume 80% of the playerbase does as well. This whining about any cost for such a high quality title like GuildWars2 is usually coming from either unemployed people or kids without legal ways of paying.

Indeed, because you.know, this game needs saving because it’s so empty.

Attachments:

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Flowerpower.6795

Flowerpower.6795

I hate the gemstore as well.
It feels like the focus is driven away from the actual game and to the gemstore.
Most updates are comsmetics for the gemstore. I dont remember a good skin that came out in the actual game in the last 2 years. They use this grind or pay business model (stash tab, bank tab etc could be simply in the game but they bother us to buy them) and i dont like that. Expecially because i payed for the actual game and its expension.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i bought No Man’s Lie last month for £39.99 and i’ve honestly spent longer and had more fun simply completing this weeks FREE episode of living world.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

I’m starting to hate the gem store too but only because they won’t make a cool looking female outfit. But I’d never play a game that has a monthly fee, that’s just dumb.

THIS should be made available to female characters, it’s not fair males get such a cool mursaat costume while females are stuck with a really lame looking version that doesn’t even look like a mursaat.

Attachments:

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Excelsior.

Indeed, because you.know, this game needs saving because it’s so empty.

Your Post really proves that the Game is pretty Empty.

Ok srsly. This is something I never encountered. Even after the Release of the Game. Looks like LS3 is bringing back enough People.^^

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

mind blown!!!!

thought i was playing fashion wars 2 :/

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

(..)

Free can not save GW2,The gem store update will only allow the number of GW2 players less, make ANET more poor.

While i dont get what u ment here, i think free was the only solution Anet had players to try the game still, still every one i show the game while i present it in a neutral sense as in a game they have to try, all end laughin how bad this game is, pretty but a awfull game.
Some were gw1 players, those are the 1st that quitted gw2 due how dumb they feel this game is.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Free can not save GW2

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You’re right OP, free can’t save Guild Wars 2. Absolutely 100% correct.

You can’t save something that doesn’t need saving. It really is that simple.