Free switching of crafting discipline

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Razaele.3109

Razaele.3109

I wanted the title to be “Say hello to free switching crafting discipline” but that was too long

In relation to: Say Goodbye to Armor Repair Costs and Hello to Free Trait Reset

Wouldn’t it make sense to also remove this unnecessary fee on switching active crafts?

For some the solution is to have alts on different crafting disciplines but this is just to workaround this switching fee.

I’d even venture further and just allow to have all crafting disciplines active at all times. You still have to visit the appropriate crafting station. At 50s to switch for a craft that’s at level 500 it adds up quickly and much more gold goes down the drain on this unnecessary gold sink.

Maybe the fee should be lowered, maybe the fee should be waived for those that have achieved the title of master craftsman.

I don’t know the rationale behind the switching fee… Is it to lock you to only two crafting disciplines? Does that make sense at all?

What do you guys think?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Or, you know, just be able to have all crafting disciplines at once.

Whats the point of only having 2 active crafting disciplines when you can learn and switch between all crafting disciplines anyway.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

The rational behind charging for switching crafting disciplines is that of a gold sink. A lot of players just dedicate individual characters to specific disciplines then switch to them to craft what is needed put it in the bank then switch back.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Razaele.3109

Razaele.3109

A lot of players just dedicate individual characters to specific disciplines then switch to them to craft what is needed put it in the bank then switch back.

Yes, if people can avoid this “goldsink” with ease, is it really serving its purpose? (if that was the intention, which isn’t too clear)

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

A lot of players just dedicate individual characters to specific disciplines then switch to them to craft what is needed put it in the bank then switch back.

Yes, if people can avoid this “goldsink” with ease, is it really serving its purpose? (if that was the intention, which isn’t too clear)

But by avoiding it, it serves another purpose.
An incentive to make alts.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

Make sense! I’m spreading the 8 crafting skills across 4 characters to avoid the switching fee. I’d say gold sink by this limitation is insignificant. I agree with you to either (1) remove these switching fees or (2) give each character up to 4 crafting skills (enough for covering most of the crafting need for a particular class).

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I wish that the crafting was learned by the account instead of the individual characters, though I understand why it isn’t.

And before you blast my preference, yes, I acknowledge that other people would hate this, but I’m not those people and am only speaking to the way I wish it was :P

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

With the amount of money you can make off crafting, 40-50s is a pittance. Once I realized the digital upgrade was half off as well, I churned out 95 gold in about 5 minutes with the crap I had lying around. I only used 2 professions too.