Free trials? Oh crap, here come the bots...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AVM.5746

AVM.5746

PREPARE YOURSELVES! (or your “ignore” feature)

A huge wave of gold selling bots are approaching!!!

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

they can only really use say chat now though unless they join guilds

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

You should read the dev posts on this forum. Trial accounts have already been locked out from messaging anyone who does not friend them first …

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

AVM.5746

You should read the dev posts on this forum. Trial accounts have already been locked out from messaging anyone who does not friend them first …

They’ll find a way around it. I just have this feeling…

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Free-Trial-Changes/first#post4440172

AVM.5746

Good to know they’re doing something about it this time. But, I’m no Dev, but I think I see one work-around they could do. They could put one trial character in a small, yet populated area (like the divinity reach bank), and simply loop their normal chat in CAPS at certain intervals with slight variation in the text.

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Good to know they’re doing something about it this time. But, I’m no Dev, but I think I see one work-around they could do. They could put one trial character in a small, yet populated area (like the divinity reach bank), and simply loop their normal chat in CAPS at certain intervals with slight variation in the text.

Aaaaaaand that’s what the report feature is for! At least it won’t be obnoxious as balls.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

AVM.5746

Aaaaaaand that’s what the report feature is for! At least it won’t be obnoxious as balls.

And even if we report them, couldn’t they just make another account and character? Like what they always do? But yeah, I agree with ya, at least it won’t be as obnoxious and reduced.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You forget the spam filter. Say the same thing a couple of times in a row and you’re locked out of chat anyway.

AVM.5746

You forget the spam filter. Say the same thing a couple of times in a row and you’re locked out of chat anyway.

That’s why i mentioned “variation of the text” with a timed interval. The workaround for that is to simply add something to the phrase like, like an extra letter or number. Like say this:

“SELLING GOLD@”
“SELLING GOLD2”
“SELLING GOLD-”

And to delay the time between those phrases (say every 10 to 15 seconds). The spam filter may not register it.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

That’s why i mentioned “variation of the text” with a timed interval. The workaround for that is to simply add something to the phrase like, like an extra letter or number. Like say this:

“SELLING GOLD@”
“SELLING GOLD2”
“SELLING GOLD-”

And to loop those phrases at set interval, say every 10 to 15 seconds. The spam filter may not register it.

It does. It picks up stuff even if you change it slightly. I’ve changed what I’ve said during events, like when the turrets came up at boom boom and still got caught in the net.

AVM.5746

“SELLING GOLD@”
“SELLING GOLD2”
“SELLING GOLD-”

And to loop those phrases at set interval, say every 10 to 15 seconds. The spam filter may not register it.

It does. It picks up stuff even if you change it slightly. I’ve changed what I’ve said during events, like when the turrets came up at boom boom and still got caught in the net.

Hmmmmm… If that’s so. Maybe there really isn’t anything to worry about then.