Friend of the Owls - Nevermore issue

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

Look I’m happy to have some quest for a legendary but please… Can we look at some of them? Like the one at Owl’s Abattoir in Snowden Drifts. I just waited here for a while for the event to start (which is just poor gameplay anyway, in fact it is just waiting). The event starts and the mobs spawn so far away from the event. I was like okay I’m ready lets g….. oh its over.. some dude a mile away laid down DH traps with full zerker. Melted it in 3 seconds and didn’t let the 3 other people waiting even get a hit in. So here I am waiting again in frustration. Camping the actual spawn about 2000 range away from the event.

This isn’t like the original game launch policy that promoted a healthy community. It promotes frustration between players. I would rather have seen no one there.

Pancakes
Thief

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That one was annoying. I parked a character there and swapped over between doing stuff on other characters …

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I had the same issue trying to get any hits in on that event. After a lot of waiting and no luck, I went back to the area after a patch and it started shortly after I got there. Near daily reset may also be a good time to go.

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Posted by: Shaman.4513

Shaman.4513

I had the same issue, how to get past this is when they have an update, system and events resets apparently. So right after you update go there and hopefully you will get it.
I did that with all my legendary collections when I had trouble with a specific event.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Owl's_Abattoir

Check out the events section. If you click on each one, it says Upon success / Upon failure this event happens.

I forget if it was friend of the owls or the other achievement for Nevermore in this area, but there was one event that never started because all the others succeeded and something had to fail to get what I was hunting for.

Anyway, of the 2 achievements gained in that area, 1 took me over 4 hours to get, but the one I had to wait the longest for was the one that never happened because all the others succeeded. I ended up luring Jormags Minion close to the WP (Into the owl circle) and got the achievement. Jormags Minion always happened, but wasn’t the event stated for that particular Nevermore Achievement.

If you do it this way, ask whoever is around to not kill the minion quickly, let them get close to the WP, they’ll die really quickly after that, but if they get close enough to endanger the owls, you should get credit for the achievement.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Owl's_Abattoir

Check out the events section. If you click on each one, it says Upon success / Upon failure this event happens.

I forget if it was friend of the owls or the other achievement for Nevermore in this area, but there was one event that never started because all the others succeeded and something had to fail to get what I was hunting for.

Anyway, of the 2 achievements gained in that area, 1 took me over 4 hours to get, but the one I had to wait the longest for was the one that never happened because all the others succeeded. I ended up luring Jormags Minion close to the WP (Into the owl circle) and got the achievement. Jormags Minion always happened, but wasn’t the event stated for that particular Nevermore Achievement.

If you do it this way, ask whoever is around to not kill the minion quickly, let them get close to the WP, they’ll die really quickly after that, but if they get close enough to endanger the owls, you should get credit for the achievement.

They changed that a bit. You can just do the beast of jormag event twice to get both items for the collection. You don’t need to care about the one that needs to fail.