Friendly Wars 2

Friendly Wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kheo.2504

Kheo.2504

In the expansion maps, you will be downed a lot more than in the base game. And so you’ll need to be picked up a lot more, but nobody wants to stop and help you. So I complained about not getting rezzed after watching the 5th player run past me as I got shot to death by 20 of those projectile-evading hylek.

“What’s with players and never rezzing anybody in these maps?”
“if youre bad you shouldnt be here”
“stop being bad”

Isn’t it just good manners to rez somebody who is dying right next to you? And I don’t know what expansion this guy’s been playing, but people go down in these maps A LOT. It’s players like this that make me wish for open-world pvp.

Life doesn’t give me lemons anymore, not after what happened last time.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Unfortunately you’ve seen 5 people run past you without rezzing you, but what you don’t realize is that you’re probably the 5th corpse they’ve passed and after rezzing the other 4 they have realized they’re never gonna get where they were going if they keep stopping….

Plus I feel like this is kind of a way for anti-zerk ranters to feel better about themselves (just a thought after listening to the 3rd, “people would love so much longer if they didn’t wear zerk” conversation in guild chat.)

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Archy.1046

Archy.1046

I think these guys that didn’t res you are the ones who “i must get all masteries and elite specs in 1 day, so no time for stopping by” types. I always go to new maps with 5/5 party, mostly my guildmates or even guys from LFG. And had only positive experience so far. Don’t play alone, it is MMO and HOT made GW2 the way it should have been from the start! Not Solo Wars 2.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Jeez and I still have issues of running to rez people in regular maps but before I get to them they just wp away! Yesterday was a good example. I was playing on my rev and clearing Kessex and saw a dead player on the map. I ran up to him and was just about to res him before I was jumped by the skale which chased me. So I thought I may as well take the 2 seconds to kill him as it will be quicker in the long run. As soon as I walked away from the guy’s body and he saw me attack the Skale he wped away. How rude!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I think these guys that didn’t res you are the ones who “i must get all masteries and elite specs in 1 day, so no time for stopping by” types. I always go to new maps with 5/5 party, mostly my guildmates or even guys from LFG. And had only positive experience so far. Don’t play alone, it is MMO and HOT made GW2 the way it should have been from the start! Not Solo Wars 2.

I’ve had this happen in the old maps leveling Revenant-I stop to stabilize downed chara ters, but whenever I get downed, I’ve seen people have MULTIPLE opportunities to help, and they pass me by-though most certainly, not all do this. I don’t complain, but they are being jerks, and are probably invested in their own progression; likely a bad fit for this cooperative type of PvE game.

I do not belong to a large guild (and have my reserves about them) so I rely on random player camaraderie, which I actually find a lot in this game. Due to this, that type of selfish player does stand out even more, as the community is pretty helpful most of the time (the “don’t be a bad” comments come from either trolls or horrible individuals.)

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Downed or Dead? If you are Dead I am not going to rez you, it is not worth the risk of getting cleaved.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Plus.7209

Plus.7209

I wouldn’t worry about the bad apples. All of the group content and the lack of game knowledge has caused the community to be more social and more friendly, from my experiences.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

I had someone abandon me after I rezzed them during a group event, just as I was being downed by a modrem sniper that appeared out of nowhere!

That being said, while I try to help everyone I can (especially now that I have a ton of Halloween consumables that turn us colors when I rez), these maps are terrible for it. A lot of champs have hard to track AOE attacks, some with lingering damage fields, and even regular mobs can just show up and swarm you, or knock you off your kitten , making you vulnerable to an inevitable attack from its buddies. I don’t blame people for being hesitant to rez in HoT, especially when they’re alone.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I would counter with

“What’s with people lying around waiting for a rez for fifteen minutes in these maps?”

Waypoints are further spaced specifically because they removed repair costs from the game, to make death hurt more. You see this trend from orr onward.

The problem is with people treating a rez as an expectation.

If I see you die in front of me? I’ll probably rez you. If I see you go down? I’ll probably rez you.

If rezzing you means diving in to a situation that would likely kill me as well? I’m not going to rez you until after the threat is dealt with, even if it means watching you go from downed to dead. I can rez you after the mobs are dead. I can not rez you if I am also dead.

If I have already rezzed you three times in the fight, and you’ve gone down within ten seconds of the last time I rezzed you? I’m going to stop rezzing you. It is a waste of my time and your armor durability. Your build obviously doesn’t have to tools to get back to fighting shape and continue this particular encounter, and it’s going to be over faster for both of us if I just keep fighting.

If you’re just lying there when I show up? I’m going to assume you died soloing and either went AFK, or are the type of person that finds your 3 silver more valuable than my time and has been lying around for 10 minutes harassing people rather than just taking the failure and waypointing.

I’ve never had problems catching a rez in situations where I died actively contributing to an event or helping people. I also haven’t had problems catching a rez after I fell off of something or bit off more than I can chew in a fight because I don’t assume it is everyone’s sworn duty to rez me when I make a fatal mistake. I see if anyone is around, and if it doesn’t looking like they’re clearing mobs to rez me, or coming over to do so, I assume that they have better things to do and own my mistake.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I rez people as I’m able. If I can get you, I’ll do everything in my power to get you; except die.

If I’m gonna join you in death by rezzing you, I think everyone else is better served if I contribute to the major boss fight or event rather than die on top of you.

But if you’re down (not dead) and I’m reasonably able to get to you, I’ll get you. If you’re like in the wyverns fire acid breath AoE or something… sorry, you’re kittened.

It’s not personal. I’m sorry you’re downed or dead. But I wanna live myself. Now if it’s just in the world in general, sure, absolutely. I’ll pick you up no problem.

If I can, I will. Likewise I don’t expect other players to die getting me. It’s very situational and yes it depends on the player.

A jerkass isn’t gonna pick you up if they can or can’t no matter what.

I’ve saved a countless number of players and had my bacon pulled out of the fire (but not that legendary wyvern fire… I’m SOL in that event ) many times by other kind souls.

Most of them follow the same philosophy.

In my experience there are far more noble souls than there are jerkasses. That’s the GW2 community for you.

Sorry about your outlier experience. Maybe you were in a really tough spot?

(edited by CETheLucid.3964)

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

To many people refusing to take responsibility and WP. If your dead in a HoT zone then it as either falling damage or mobs and I’m guessing it was mobs. Not going to risk dying killing mobs to rez a dead person who doesn’t have enough self respect to WP and would rather endanger other people while sitting there for minutes on end. If your downed however that’s a different story as I’ll rush in a Blitz the injured mob so you can rally.

If your going to rally a downed person kill the injured mob its safer and faster and doesn’t turn you into a punching bag while rezzing. Furthermore it pulls the aggro of the downed player giving them a chance to rez on there own or safety when the mobs death will rally them. Tip of the day

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

I got shot to death by 20 of those projectile-evading hylek.

Perhaps this is the reason why people do not stop and try res you. They all running from projectile-evading hylek.

On serious note, I advice you not to care that much, just release and run back. Death happens.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Jtoon.6907

Jtoon.6907

One time I began rezzing a person and he told me to stop. He was nice enough but it began me thinking because there have been times where I have rezzed a person and they remain standing there because they took a short break. So sometimes, I am more hesitant to rez a person so they don’t have to be downed again.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Bish.8627

Bish.8627

What a coincidence I noticed the same thing! Suddenly the expansion has turned the majority in to terrible players with no skill or sense. While trying to solo these hero points that spawn champs, I was ignored by several players who not only ran past, but grouped and tried the champ while I clearly asked for help. This happened a few times to me, people literally walking over my body….

Then, I went to teq and I noticed an odd number of players ignoring fingers and downed players.

Maybe Anet needs to add a report idiot button and when it reaches ‘x’ amount force a tutorial on ressing.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

It’s the mechanics at fault as you aren’t rewarded for selfless play, outside the “warm fuzzy glow” of having done a good deed for the day and a title nobody really cares about and already has. Basically people have better things to do and limited timesink to do it in, especially when the content is so new and everyone is out chasing shinies like headless chickens.

Rezzing afkers is a kitten too. I have to admit this puts me off rezzing anyone unless I see them drop myself.

The sad thing is if there was a shiny reward, more AP’s, a daily, or some such tied to how many resurrects one did a day you would probably be rezzed in seconds.

If you aren’t part of the solution and all that….

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

If you have died to some spot, it usually means that there’s something nearby that will probably kill the one who stops to ress you too. Then there will be two corpses. :P

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Allvaldr.3425

Allvaldr.3425

Then, I went to teq and I noticed an odd number of players ignoring fingers and downed players.

Major new content releases always suck community-wise.

In the old maps you’ll currently only find people speed-lvling Revs; and freebie players who don’t know what they’re doing. No surprise to me that Teq sucks these days. SW has also turned to crap as I see more and more Breach/Vinewrath failures than ever. Only regions in Core game that still have good players are Orr and CoF.

And the people currently rushing through HoT: it’s new, it’s tough, and even though HoT will be around forever, the majority seem to try and do it as soon as possible, so everyone’s trying to rush and refuses to make time to help out each other.

It’s why I’m focusing on Halloween farming for now. It’s boring, and there’s nothing really new in it. But it’s proftable and it’ll keep me busy for now. 2 weeks from now I am hoping that the self-proclaimed “elite” have finished with most of HoT so it gets a bit of a friendlier feel to it again. And I’m sure by then some people will also be making time again to play the old content once more, even if just for dailies.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

OPs experience and mine differ greatly.

I personally pick up every downed person I can within reason, am picked up when downed by players, and witness others being rezzed too. Even dead players are being rezzed frequently in combat and always outside of it.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: shalywen.9548

shalywen.9548

I always like to res people, especially when there are risks around. It’s like a challenge itself, apart from being altruist. To be honest I always found good helping players around in GW2, with very few exceptions. What some people don’t seem to understand it’s that in the new maps these risks are a lot higher to end up dead together with the already dead or downed ones, and often pretend to be ressed immediately (and whines or asks multiple times if you don’t do that in the fastest way).
It would be also nice to say a little thank you when someone res you and not only after, at least the resser knows that he’s not risking his virtual life on an afk player.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: shalywen.9548

shalywen.9548

What a coincidence I noticed the same thing! Suddenly the expansion has turned the majority in to terrible players with no skill or sense.

it’s not the expansion, it’s people that only think about rewards when doing bosses or during big events. Or simply being kittens.
I understand if a waypoint is near and you can be back in no time, because that’s simply the most intelligent thing to do, but in all other cases it’s simply stupid. Sometimes people even screams in chat to not res others…oh yes lose maybe a third or more of players and wait for them to die, respawn and be back after a minute or more when you can easily res them in a few seconds without problems and kill the boss/whatever faster and without added risks…very smart move indeed.

I think we’re all here to have fun, and I’ve played too many games filled with frustrated people that consider the game more important than to be respectful with others (well GW2 is not an exception, when you do pvp, but luckily a lot less than other games), so why shouldn’t we help each other when needed?

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

So I complained…

there is your problem right in front of you. You think a complaint is valid, implicating other players owe you something. But they don´t owe you anything, not even an act of kindness. People don´t always react kindly when confronted by demands.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Froggy buddies also rez you whenever you are doing an event with them. It’s kinda nice.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

My first experience in the Tangled Labyrinth under the Silverwastes:
1. Hey, those ghostly hound things move quickly.
2. Ouch. Why did I die?
3. Hey, how come everyone is just running past me without even trying to rez me? How unfriendly.
4. Ah, at last! Here is a kindly soul to help me.
5. Oh, he is suddenly dead too.

So, I think the HoT thing is a combination of players being impatient to get through the new stuff but also a reflection that it is riskier to stop and rez someone in those areas. As the expansion settles down I think we’ll see things improve as people gain more experience of the new mobs and also as the more chilled out players reach those areas.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Kheo.2504

Kheo.2504

I would counter with

“What’s with people lying around waiting for a rez for fifteen minutes in these maps?”

I’m not talking about being fully dead, just downed. If I’m lying in a pool of wyvern acid, I’m not expecting to get rezzed, I’m waypointing. But if somebody’s lying there tossing rocks at a Veteran hylek with 100k hp, it isn’t unreasonable to pick them up.

Life doesn’t give me lemons anymore, not after what happened last time.

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

If I run past a dead person, it’s usually because I’m running from the reason they are dead.

I make an effort to run towards where a downed player is, and will make an effort to keep them from becoming fully dead.

This is a major problem with GW2 though. For all this “wonderful community” we’re supposed to have, the majority won’t even stop to rez a downed player. Never mind issues with scaling, etc. in regards to fully dead players, but people are so intensely selfish they won’t even stop to help a downed player that isn’t even being attacked.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

As I scrapper I just function gyro them and keep on running, a friendly scrapper in the neighborhood

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

If I run past a dead person, it’s usually because I’m running from the reason they are dead.

I make an effort to run towards where a downed player is, and will make an effort to keep them from becoming fully dead.

This is a major problem with GW2 though. For all this “wonderful community” we’re supposed to have, the majority won’t even stop to rez a downed player. Never mind issues with scaling, etc. in regards to fully dead players, but people are so intensely selfish they won’t even stop to help a downed player that isn’t even being attacked.

Keep in mind that the massive unselfishness inherent in the design and community of the game is the only thing that makes this sort of thing suprising.

In no other game would you bat an eye at a player running past you and not assisting you, but because you’re so accustomed to people actually doing so, you now equate “busy” with “intensely selfish”

This is still the friendliest community I’ve ever encountered in an MMO. The problem is that that friendliness has bred an expectation of behavior above and beyond that which is actually reasonable by some people.

Nobody ever owes you a favor. That’s why it’s called a favor. They aren’t being selfish. You’re expecting too much of them.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Had a very nice mez port ppl in HoT for HPs that you could not get with out some of the mastery. GW2 is full of nice ppl.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Friendly Wars 2

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I rez people as I’m able. If I can get you, I’ll do everything in my power to get you; except die.

If I’m gonna join you in death by rezzing you, I think everyone else is better served if I contribute to the major boss fight or event rather than die on top of you.

But if you’re down (not dead) and I’m reasonably able to get to you, I’ll get you. If you’re like in the wyverns fire acid breath AoE or something… sorry, you’re kittened.

It’s not personal. I’m sorry you’re downed or dead. But I wanna live myself. Now if it’s just in the world in general, sure, absolutely. I’ll pick you up no problem.

If I can, I will. Likewise I don’t expect other players to die getting me. It’s very situational and yes it depends on the player.

A jerkass isn’t gonna pick you up if they can or can’t no matter what.

I’ve saved a countless number of players and had my bacon pulled out of the fire (but not that legendary wyvern fire… I’m SOL in that event ) many times by other kind souls.

Most of them follow the same philosophy.

In my experience there are far more noble souls than there are jerkasses. That’s the GW2 community for you.

Sorry about your outlier experience. Maybe you were in a really tough spot?

This is pretty much my philosophy. I’m not too bothered if I’m downed and get no help. I completely get it.

What REALLY bothers me is when I’m still up and fighting a mob and I see players run by while jumping to somehow avoid aggro, and not helping at all.

Ah well, karma will get them later I guess.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.