Friendly reminder not to cry

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Just because there are changes to your favorite class. The specs havent been fully revealed yet, so until they are, dont cry.

Not sure why Necros are upset personally, I love the changes.

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

The specs havent been fully revealed yet

Yes they have. Everything in that dev post is the entirety of the base spec changes, and the subsequent changes to classes and their skills.

Or did you mean elite specs? Which arent scheduled to be available for god knows when?

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

When they first showed off the new core specs over a month ago I was pretty excited with the changes to ranger and even had the spec lines planned out. With how they are looking now all I can feel is despair. Not only are they not as good as what they showed us before, I actually feel they are worse than the traits we have currently. I’m a bit happy with elementalist, but I just get tired trying to deal with all the vernacular with Guardian abilities. So much zeal and light and fire. Honestly it just makes my head hurt reading it. Oh, and somehow thieves lost ricochet. So honestly, I am not terribly thrilled.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Before praising or condemning the core specializations, I recommend that folks try playing around with them in game. There are new synergies, making some old builds weak and yet adding to the number of effective and interesting possibilities.

There’s only so much theory crafting can tell us about builds. We really have to play them to see what works. The meta has been stable for a while now, so we forget how different it was before people figured out the techniques we use today.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Don’t forget the Devs will be adjusting (as stated in the video) numbers/traits/skills in a minor way up to the day of release, and adjusting (possibly in a major way) after the changes go live for some time.

It may be months before everything settles down.

Good luck.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Don’t forget the Devs will be adjusting (as stated in the video) numbers/traits/skills in a minor way up to the day of release, and adjusting (possibly in a major way) after the changes go live for some time.

They said the same (and something about including player feedback) when they posted the previous version, and all it resulted in was nerfs.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Some feel ‘nerf’, some feel ‘buff’. Many changes are a matter of perspective, I would guess.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

And yes I meant the elite specs.

For the classes that havent had their reveal yet, a lot of things you want may still be coming.

As for Engi…. sooo good. lol

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

There are many things to consider around the changes such as targets limit, ICD, what their damage coefficients will be, range, radius, activation time, etc. And they can (and will) nerf stuff if it doesn’t feel right, just as they’ll buff stuff if it feels underpowered.

On a side note, when I first knew about GW2 I thought necros would be awesome because of condis, then we met the crappy design it is today. I hope I can deal great damage through conditions with my necro, I don’t want to spec into zerker, it feels weird to me.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: NiBlack.3149

NiBlack.3149

I will say that I am highly disappointed in changes. I am PvE player.
Not that they are completely bad. They just completely destroyed my engi playstyle (I have something in mind, but is different playstyle).

It looks as all was designed/balanced around PvP/WvW, where I don’t take part. There are nice new tools in ‘tool’ tree, but I am not interested in ‘stealth detection’. GM minor explosive trait is probably nice in PvP/WvW, but is terrible in PvE (Everyone “loves” these knock-backs). Only 2 traits in inventions that I am really interested in are competing against each other.

Also many warriors complain that they are only able to build shoutbow (with changes to conditions I expect they with their quite low condi cleansing will cry). I myself am looking at 2 weapons GS and Axes. Why Axes are GM trait, and they compete with berserker power while GS will remain “king” as forceful GS > Axe mastery.

There supposed to be changes to conjured weapons. But I didn’t expect it mean buffing icebow. Also Elementalist seems to got most of “combining traits” and they weren’t exactly the weakest of the classes.

I would also liked to point that that there is only 1 week ‘till “deadline”, and we still don’t know what are ICDs. There was lack of some art (med kit).
I expect it to be huge trainwreck.

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

I have played a LOT of MMO, and from what I’ve seen and experienced, large scale changes to professions are simply NOT a good thing. Ever. Especially if the majority of the player base doesn’t consider them broken. And especially in games that are already several years old. In beta, sure, but in live? Seriously?

Personally, I have one of each professions 80. I am very much not looking forward to having to relearn them all.

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

They said the same (and something about including player feedback) when they posted the previous version, and all it resulted in was nerfs.

Not to mention the incredibly slow rate that such changes have come to the
game so far.I expect no less than 2 months balance patches at a time and I’m
being optimistic.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

My Ranger class has been destroyed. sobs

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Drlightningbolt.1754

Drlightningbolt.1754

“Consume Conditions: This skill is now considered a corruption skill and applies 10 stacks of vulnerability to you for 4 seconds after use. Increased recharge to 30 seconds.”

Why I am upset personally as a necro..

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

So use the Well. Necros are still going in the right direction.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I just dont see that after so long a time in GW2 they decided to throw every class around, just to fit in one new one…

Posted by: Cronstintein.7182

Cronstintein.7182

I, for one, welcome a mix up. The current meta has been stuck for a while. I would have preferred if they had just boosted the plethora of crappy skills/talents but I’ll also accept the randomization.

I really hope there’s a valid glass cannon elementalist build hidden in there because everything except D/D has been terrible for forever.

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

I’ve been playing Ranger for almost three years, my tear ducts have lost the ability to produce tears at this point. Though given what I saw yesterday, they certainly would be if I could.

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

And this is why we can’t have nice things i.e. why they don’t release information early normally. Because most of you are so immature and melodramatic you can’t read something and reflect rationally and wait to see how it will actually play out.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

When they first showed off the new core specs over a month ago I was pretty excited with the changes to ranger and even had the spec lines planned out. With how they are looking now all I can feel is despair. Not only are they not as good as what they showed us before, I actually feel they are worse than the traits we have currently.

+1

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

LOL, Anet to players: “All your Build are Belong to US.”

Should be interesting, personally I am looking forward to it simply because it’s something new… now longterm who knows…

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Crying is fine. Just explain why you are~ cuz they listen to cries to gather feedback.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Go ahead and weep. Weep for what GW2 was at launch.

Dulfy

The attribute difference between exotic and ascended gear has been changed from 5% to 10%

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

They are serving us pancakes and telling us they’re flap jacks.
But I also like something new, even if its not.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Ricochet is nowhere to be found. In what world were P/P thieves OP and needed the very cornerstone to make a viable build removed?

This is not change. This is defilement.

Just explain why you are~ cuz they listen to cries to gather feedback.

I agree. I am upset and I explained why. I just hope Anet is gathering feedback, ’cause there sure is a lot of it.

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

I will say that I am highly disappointed in changes. I am PvE player.
Not that they are completely bad. They just completely destroyed my engi playstyle (I have something in mind, but is different playstyle).

It looks as all was designed/balanced around PvP/WvW, where I don’t take part.

as a pvp/wvw player this is mega sad to hear because all of these changes look like they’re catering just to pve and ignoring how bad they are for pvp. If they aren’t helping you guys I dont know what the point of any of these changes are. It seems like the only builds that really benefit are the ones that are already lazy playstyles with low risk high reward.

also OP it sounds like you haven’t mained necro.

Posted by: NiBlack.3149

NiBlack.3149

Well to say true I am not super meta runner I keep only one close enough to meta character around (for random runs).
This hurt me more, because I don’t see switch in dungeon meta, but it hurt my none meta build.

Yes warriors crying around banners, but banner trait supposed to be baseline now (even when devs forgot it).
Engi vulnerability stacking with nades will still work. Thou knockback on turret explosions is bad for PvE.
Eles while I ran 4 trait trees I don’t think changes will greatly affect. Especially if we take that Ice bow got buffed, blasting staff supposed to be baseline.
And I hardly running anything else.