Friends just started, my server full = $35?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SoularPower.9278

SoularPower.9278

I’m on blackgate which is apparently the only “full” server. I don’t want to have to pay money to transfer off the server. Is there any way around it so we can play together for everything, including WvW, or can they wait until non peak hours and it will not be “full”?

This is frankly silly, as I haven’t played in a long while and didn’t realize we’d have to pay money to WvW and stuff together. And it’s $35 dollars to get (more than) enough gems to pay for a transfer… I mean, I could almost buy another copy of the game for that much! What the?

Am I really screwed this much on this?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

1800 gems to transfer to a Very High server, that’s $22.50 for all your characters.

Or you could convert gold to gems ~96 gold

Or you could delete your characters and transfer for free

Or your friend could watch the server status, I saw Blackgate fall from Full to Very High for a brief time this morning.

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Blackgate isn’t just full it’s kittening overpopulated. I was farming BG for awhile there but I got sick of hitting overflow maps on almost every map 50% of the day and night.

Honestly your friends don’t need to move onto BG, you need to move off of BG.

Just sayin. (Sea of Sorrows is a great server)

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

If they delete all their characters they should be able to transfer for free.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

My understanding server population is not controlled by people logged in. Instead Arena.net determines server population by how many unique accounts are associated with the server (including inactive accounts).

I know this because we had a guildy who tried to transfer from Black Gate to Dragons Brand during the reduced price transfers. Sadly he never did get transferred over at a reduced fee. He even went as far as staying up 24hrs Tuesday-Weds. Trying to hit a off peak time when he might could transfer.

Chances are your friends are either going to have to get lucky or your going to have to eat the cost to play together.

On a side note

I have seen many forum threads asking why a server can be at High population yet no one is around. That’s simply because there are no active people on the server but there are plenty of accounts associated with it.

Posted by: Maestria of Strat.2974

Maestria of Strat.2974

Switch to a lower server, less population, more challenging.

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Transfer off BG or wait till Anet opens up more slots for the server. You can tank all the bandwagonners for the full status. But BG WvWers will still deny they are under populated compared to SoR and JQ and always gets doubled teamed, they never use numbers to win.

[DONE]

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

You need to transfer off BG, it’s as simple as it. Plenty of other, better servers out there. Unless you want to just freeload and karma train in WvW or something?

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Blackgate does ALL the content, why would anyone transfer to some unpopulated server and never get to kill Teq or clear a temple again, instead of every day?

Not saying there aren’t other servers that do those, but I’ve seen plenty of complaints in the forums from people who’s servers don’t. So maybe you all should stop acting like a well populated server is a bad thing.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Kumu above has the solution; have your friend delete all his characters (since he’s new, this shouldn’t be too big an issue) and then transfer to Blackgate when a spot opens up. If you have no characters, transferring servers is free.

Posted by: Hydroclasm.8572

Hydroclasm.8572

Depending on how important it is for you to do WvW together, you and your friend could just use the guesting system. I’m pretty sure it’ll allow you guys to do everything else in the game together besides WvW.

(edited by Hydroclasm.8572)

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Blackgate does ALL the content, why would anyone transfer to some unpopulated server and never get to kill Teq or clear a temple again, instead of every day?

Not saying there aren’t other servers that do those, but I’ve seen plenty of complaints in the forums from people who’s servers don’t. So maybe you all should stop acting like a well populated server is a bad thing.

Casue you can’t guest to other servers to PvE. There is a group roaming around killing Tequatl and other bosses multiple times a day. As for other cotent, what other content? I haven’t seen anyone complain about how hard it is to kill a champ, or it was too hard to spam /m in LA for a dungeon group due to LFG tool. There is only a few reasons to join another server; Friends, Guild and WvW. Guess which one people flock to BG for?

[DONE]

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Casue you can’t guest to other servers to PvE. There is a group roaming around killing Tequatl and other bosses multiple times a day. As for other cotent, what other content? I haven’t seen anyone complain about how hard it is to kill a champ, or it was too hard to spam /m in LA for a dungeon group due to LFG tool. There is only a few reasons to join another server; Friends, Guild and WvW. Guess which one people flock to BG for?

Wouldn’t know, chose BG randomly during preview weekends and haven’t ever had a reason to move. Don’t even know how guesting works. Since I never needed it.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Just come to Underworld . And join Balthazar Order and you will be happy then.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”