From having no endgame to having lots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Freakshow.1809

Freakshow.1809

This is Good

The HoTs areas aren’t really my favorite but I really liked Bloodstone Fen and the Ember Isles with repeatable Hearts.

And I’ve noticed a lot less Endgame complaints on the forums. It’s not perfect but It’s enjoyable.

I think the only con though is that most of it you gotta pay for, but for the money I feel for the most part it was worth it for the work they put into it. And trust me I’m picky as heck with DLC being worth it and don’t say that lightly about alot of games.

I know opinions may differ but I wanna thank Anet for the effort as I find myself really enjoying the content so far and hope for more to come.

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

Agreed. While Gw1 shined brighter in the areas of profession balance, story mode, and PvP, Gw2 is very well built for adding almost unlimited post-game content and goodies to chase after. Perhaps after the next expansion, Gw2 will be able to catch up on profession balance and story mode. Not sure what will save Pvp other than a complete and total skill/role split for the game modes, and I doubt that will happen

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

May I ask what you mean by “you gotta pay for it”? Season 3 is free content this far. Or did I miss something?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

May I ask what you mean by “you gotta pay for it”? Season 3 is free content this far. Or did I miss something?

It is as free as season two was. If you log in for atleast 0,00001 sec during the latest episode you will get it for free. But if you did not log in for example during last episode with the bloodstone fen map then you have to pay a few gems to unlock it.

Edit: even if you don’t own HoT you still get them for free, but they will not get unlocked before you get HoT.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

This is Good

……
And I’ve noticed a lot less Endgame complaints on the forums. It’s not perfect but It’s enjoyable.

……

Because people passed the stage of complaints. At this point Anet lost.
Vivid Complaint are healthy. Less and less complaint shows that people are fed up and moved away.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

The principle of ‘complaints mean that people are engaged enough to complain’ in action? :-P

Most of the endgame stuff being referred to is HoT stuff (although there is still the Maguuma Wastes and Fractals). That might be the ‘needing to pay for it’ being referred to.

Fairly typical to need to buy the expansions to move into the new endgame, though.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Posted by: atticus.5284

atticus.5284

I thought WvW was the endgame content. PvE until you memorize the computer moves (just becomes routine then), next PvP to learn how to fight individually but against an unpredictable opponent, then WvW to add team play and strategy

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Vivid Complaint are healthy. Less and less complaint shows that people are fed up and moved away.

…or that people are happy now in general and have less to complain about.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Ashantara.8731

It is as free as season two was. If you log in for atleast 0,00001 sec during the latest episode you will get it for free. But if you did not log in for example during last episode with the bloodstone fen map then you have to pay a few gems to unlock it.

I wasn’t active during Season 2, so I had to pay for the content. But I did not have to pay any gems or real money for Season 3. I’m confused. Are you being sarcastic with the “0.00001 sec”? I don’t know of anyone who — at this point — had to pay for Season 3.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I wasn’t active during Season 2, so I had to pay for the content. But I did not have to pay any gems or real money for Season 3. I’m confused. Are you being sarcastic with the “0.00001 sec”? I don’t know of anyone who — at this point — had to pay for Season 3.

You cannot play through it unless you buy HoT. That’s paying for Season 3…..

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

No one’s had to pay for season 3 because if they logged in while it was active content, they got it for free forever. Same with Season 2

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

People aren’t complaining because they’ve stopped playing and GW2 isn’t even on their mind. This is Bad.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

…or that people are happy now in general and have less to complain about.

Normal people, maybe. Not MMO gamers. Lol. During this game’s peak (which I’d estimate as somewhere between mid 2013 and early 2014) the forum was bustling with activity. People picked every minute detail of every design decision and bit of content apart. These days there’s definitely fewer discussions across the main forums. The happy people are still playing for sure, but the formerly disgruntled ones are just disinterested now.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Sure, there are fewer people now than back then, but that’s natural for any game forum, especially an MMO. Here are some metrics for reference. These same trends can be found in the Blizzard WoW forums, for instance.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Edit: even if you don’t own HoT you still get them for free, but they will not get unlocked before you get HoT.

Actually cheaper. In season 2 you had 2 weeks between episodes and now you have 2 months.

Someone being on vacation or otherwise away for 2 weeks happens all the time. I think I would get the DTs if I was without internet access for 2 months though.

Ashantara.8731

You cannot play through it unless you buy HoT. That’s paying for Season 3…..

Ahhh, now I got it, thanks. Yes, well, that’s fine with me. And even in the light of that (which makes total sense, by the way), I consider S3 to be “for free”.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No one’s had to pay for season 3 because if they logged in while it was active content, they got it for free forever. Same with Season 2

I imagine there aren’t many, but those that have purchased GW2 in the very recent past will have to purchase Season 3 Episode One when it becomes available, if it is not already offered in the Gem Store. (I can’t tell because I own it.)

As time passes, that number will increase, of course.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I guess that you got your answer already but I will try to explain it fully what I mean.

For season 2, I think there where 8 Episodes, if you logged in during one episode when it was “new” you got that Episode for free. These episodes where “new” for about 2 weeks each.

For season 3, there have so far been 2 Episodes released and first one had a “new” duration for about 2 Months, this ongoing episode (Number two) will also have a 2 Months “new” duration and thus be free if you log in during this “new” duration.

Also for season 3 (I think this is correct) even if you do not own HoT yet but still log in during this “new” duration of an episode, it will be free but not accesible until you have the HoT expamsion. So some may say that Season 3 is not free no matter what, but that is a whole other discussion.

Edit: And no I was not sarcastic, as long as ju just log in you will not be able to log out or rage quit without getting the current Episode for free.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]