in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: deadlift.7681

deadlift.7681

this guy cares way too much about a game

From "perceived" to proved...

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

There’s still no reason to kill champs, Colin. Blue does not good reward make.

Just a reminder, blue is the absolute minimum champs can drop, they have much better odds of dropping good loot than regular mobs, and once you’re properly getting kill credit for them hopefully this becomes more visible.

Gosh I hope so.

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Just a reminder, blue is the absolute minimum champs can drop, they have much better odds of dropping good loot than regular mobs, and once you’re properly getting kill credit for them hopefully this becomes more visible.

I spend 10 minutes with two other players killing the Champion Giant in Orr last night – I was playing my Guardian with a Greatsword and Hammer. I was constantly at the giant’s feet dishing out damage on a consistent basis. After he was defeated I got a blue bow as a reward. A. BLUE. BOW. From a Champion. In a level 80 zone.

I harvested a Ori node a few minutes later and got a Beryl orb.

I shake my head at the strangeness of the drop logic. I love the game but really hope this is seriously addressed.

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Yet another case of ANet actually being good developers despite having mud slung at them all over these forums. Of course, no one is going to remember Colin replying in about an hour and continue to bash them.

Posted by: Milamber.3184

Milamber.3184

sigh So tired of these people who scream “entitled” bla bla bla…

Its like the new “u mad?”

The next time your Electricity, Water, Cable or Internet Connection has issues and you are told nothing is wrong, dont you dare complain about it. There will be no entitlement hypocrisy from you.

(edited by Milamber.3184)

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

The next time your Electricity, Water, Cable or Internet Connection has issues and you are told nothing is wrong, dont you dare complain about it. There will be no entitlement hypocrisy from you.

This is my favorite analogy ever.

Colin and co., keep up the good work.

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

Was condition damage also an issue along with support? My thief who loves to death blossom and kite mobs (who aren`t maxed on bleed stacks) is much less likely to get loot credit on champs than my guard who is built for support and probably needs more power added to her build.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

If you mean by “can drop” that “If they drop loot, they will drop a blue”, then I would agree with you. Many people, however would interpret this as a guaranteed blue drop which is not true. Last week the Abomination at the end of Plinx has regularly dropped no items and 1s86c and, rarely, a blue item as well. Of course, on TC Plinx has been bugged for several days so I don’t have a “current” example on this champ. The champ on Noose Rd guarding the skill point has twice dropped nothing at all within the last week. My perception of champs is that, especially given the effort required, they really should not be regarded as more likely to drop something of value than a normal mob.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Posted by: Lucky.3298

Lucky.3298

thanks, Colin=)
hope healer work can be count as DPS for loot qualification, as I noticed more I help people to get up, less drop I have from any event. SAD

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

There is merit to what you have to say as well as what the person speaking of entitlement has to say.

If there is something wrong you should indeed report it and expect it to be fixed with your utilities. Even some things in the game should be reported when something is wrong. That is not entitlement, that is just life.

Where the problem is stems from what people perceive as “wrong”. Some people think things are wrong when everything is not handed to them. That is entitlement. Others think something is wrong when they are getting no XP when they craft something at their current crafting level. That is actually something wrong with the game.

What I find disturbing is that people are constantly griping and complaining. They don’t report anything, they just start yelling and screaming as if something was intentionally done to them.

So there are those who act as if they are entitled and there are those that throw tantrums with any perceived problem (real or not) in the game.

I have some issues with a few things, especially where guilds are concerned, but I am not going to start calling ANet employees names, or saying that the company is out to get me, or whine like a toddler when things are not fixed as I think they should be in the timely manner I feel they should be.

All of you who are acting like small children about things you perceive as wrong, why don’t you be mature, state your problem in a calm, informative dialog, and promote healthy agreement or disagreement. All of the name calling, accusing and hatefulness needs to stop.

We should be grateful that we have been given a game that is expansive and rich in both scope and content. There is not a game out there that does not have problems including GW2. The difference with GW2 over other games is that the GW2 team members are constantly trying to make it a better place. Adjust your attitude and I promise you will get better, faster results.

BTW thanks for the posts Colin. Always great to hear from the game team.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The guarantee kicks in next patch (maybe). Is only a guarantee drop that is bugged now.

If you mean by “can drop” that “If they drop loot, they will drop a blue”, then I would agree with you. Many people, however would interpret this as a guaranteed blue drop which is not true. Last week the Abomination at the end of Plinx has regularly dropped no items and 1s86c and, rarely, a blue item as well. Of course, on TC Plinx has been bugged for several days so I don’t have a “current” example on this champ. The champ on Noose Rd guarding the skill point has twice dropped nothing at all within the last week. My perception of champs is that, especially given the effort required, they really should not be regarded as more likely to drop something of value than a normal mob.

Posted by: Moderator.2608

Moderator.2608

Hi! Thank you all for your feedback. For easier overview and communication, we are closing this thread now.
Please use the following thread for further feedback:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Loot-Drop-Issue-Confirmed-Feedback-Thread
Thanks for your understanding.