Frostforged Weapon Skins - the green gem

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Nice skins, as my name suggests, I’ve been looking for ice-themed weapons forever, especially the torch, as the corrupted wartorch from Jormag’s set of ice themed weapons weirdly enough has a normal coloured fire considering the icy glow on the others.

HOWEVER… please consider changing that super neon green gem on the weapons into something more fitting ice weapons like a clear/misty diamond or light blue or something. The green gem is distracting.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Yeah, I have to agree that the green just looks out of place on them.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yeah, it made it look too toyish for me, didn’t sit right with the weapon. Used my ticket to sell a skin instead of keep one because of it. A lot of people like it though and now it is in the game, I can’t see them taking time to recolour one piece on each skin.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Eh, I like the green gem(s). Adds a little variety to the weapon beyond just “ICE ICE ICE ICE”. And I’m a sucker for slow pulsing effects, so I like that they also pulse a glow.

I wouldn’t mind if the shade were a bit darker, though. Maybe a bit more of a turquoise than the pure green they are now. Might “fit” better.

But they almost never change a skin once its in-game, for good reason (people who like the current version would be upset if it got changed). So I’m certainly not holding my breath.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

The problem is that there are so many ice and fire themed sets in the game that they are having to add these odd flourishes to distinguish them.

Maybe next time avoid that theme and go for something else?

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

If they were ruby gems. Red. ohhhhhhhh

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

I think that particular shade of green clashes with the icy color of the rest of the weapon. A gem in a contrasting color might have looked better. Not a cartoon color but more muted to match the rest of the weapon. As it is, your eye goes right to that cheap looking green gem.

It’s interesting that there have been at least three weapon sets that looked real nice but missed the mark because of the color used for gemstones.