Frozen maw

Frozen maw

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Is something changed to the Frozen Maw spawn time? It hasn’t spawned yet on my server since the last patch, what happened about one hour ago already…

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Frozen maw

Posted by: Silver Halliwell.4735

Silver Halliwell.4735

Try the patch notes instead of making a thread.

Frozen maw

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

The changed how often the pre-event with the Gnawl stealing supplies happens. So Frozen Maw won’t happen as often as before is my guess. It is listed in the patch notes.

Hjorje

Frozen maw

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

The only change made to Maw:
“Wayfarer Foothills: Reduced the frequency of grawl attacks on Tor’s supply tent in the Frozen Maw event chain.”

Doesn’t mention anything about the spawn time

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Frozen maw

Posted by: kaptnahab.9807

kaptnahab.9807

Considering that’s the event that kicks the whole chain off, that would affect the entire event chain, meaning it will spawn less often.

Frozen maw

Posted by: courin.2314

courin.2314

It’s not clear if the post means they are reducing how OFTEN the attacks happen or if they’ve changed something within the event itself. One would certainly affect how frequently Maw spawns, while the other will affect what happens during the event.

However, we’ve not seen the event on SBI either, so it looks like the first is likely.

Frozen maw

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

“Reduced the frequency of grawl attacks” That right there says they won’t attack as often which in turn reduces how frequently Maw will spawn.

Hjorje

Frozen maw

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

So what? Three hours for this as well? Goodbye fast champion event for those who have short play times.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Frozen maw

Posted by: Sericenthe.5310

Sericenthe.5310

Nice. There goes that whole concept of getting one chest per day. Total Nerf to the entire casual community.

Seri Kali [Me] – 80 Necromancer -Yak’s Bend

Frozen maw

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

Nice. There goes that whole concept of getting one chest per day. Total Nerf to the entire casual community.

I doubt the entire casual community spends their time worrying about farming event chests.

Wouldn’t it be nice to actually play the rest of the game instead of just farming the whole time?

Frozen maw

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I doubt the entire casual community spends their time worrying about farming event chests.

Wouldn’t it be nice to actually play the rest of the game instead of just farming the whole time?

If only they could make the rest of the game as fast paced and rewarding as event hopping.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Frozen maw

clay.7849

If only they could make the rest of the game as fast paced and rewarding as event hopping.

Well, they should definitely balance loot and have it scale to difficulty, if that’s what you mean.

If you just mean they should make it really easy to get rares, I disagree. Don’t you actually like playing the game for the game?

Frozen maw

Posted by: joric.1042

joric.1042

Rares are not even end-game gear, basically it is just ecto-fodder for me at least. I could see if exotics were raining from Tyria’s skies, but worrying about rare gear saturation is silly.

Jorik Nightcloud
Beige(NUDE)
Crystal Desert

Frozen maw

clay.7849

Rares are not even end-game gear, basically it is just ecto-fodder for me at least. I could see if exotics were raining from Tyria’s skies, but worrying about rare gear saturation is silly.

I’m not sure if that was aimed at my comment, but I really don’t care about rare gear saturation. I just don’t think the entire casual community spends their time worrying about how many gold chests they are going to open in a session. I have very little time to play, and I never bother with the events. Zerging mind-numbingly easy world bosses just isn’t fun after the first 3 times I did it. I would rather have a really fun quest or dungeon or something, and get compensated well for it. But, I agree that other “harder” content doesn’t get loot buffs like they should.

Frozen maw

Posted by: Kane Fire Blade.7482

Kane Fire Blade.7482

The only change made to Maw:
“Wayfarer Foothills: Reduced the frequency of grawl attacks on Tor’s supply tent in the Frozen Maw event chain.”

Doesn’t mention anything about the spawn time

reducing the frequency means reducing how often it spawns meaning it will take longer to start (you cant fight the end without the start its like reading the last few pages of a book before the rest pointless)

Frozen maw

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

Are people actually trying to trigger it and therefore coming to this conclusion or are they just standing around waiting for it to start?

This sentence is false.

Frozen maw

Posted by: GreyMouser.1235

GreyMouser.1235

There isn’t an active trigger for Maw. The Grawl just decide to start attacking. It’s on a timer. Period. Now it’s on a VERY LONG timer.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

Frozen maw

BioFringe.7945

There isn’t an active trigger for Maw. The Grawl just decide to start attacking. It’s on a timer. Period. Now it’s on a VERY LONG timer.

I’ve trigger it before when there wasn’t another soul in sight and the time was well past the 30 minute mark. There is a trigger for it…it doesn’t just keep repeating every 30 minutes whether someone is there or not.

This sentence is false.

Frozen maw

GreyMouser.1235

So how do you trigger it?

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

Frozen maw

BioFringe.7945

This sentence is false.

Frozen maw

GreyMouser.1235

If you’re talking about triggering the Scholar, that happens AFTER the grawl attack. If they don’t attack, you can’t trigger the Scholar to walk over to the dragon statue.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

Frozen maw

BioFringe.7945

Since you didn’t bother to read the link…

To start the chain if it has not started yet, clear the Son of Svanir Tags and the Sacrificial Offerings at the grawl camp due south of the Heart of Corruption Point of Interest”

This sentence is false.

Frozen maw

GreyMouser.1235

Sorry, our posts crossed.

It’s been over an hour since Maw started last. I went over and cleared out the grawl camp completely, all grawl, all pots, all tags. Nothing happened. Except they started coming back.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

Frozen maw

Posted by: RedWolf.6513

RedWolf.6513

maybe it is broken again?

Frozen maw

GreyMouser.1235

It worked once; I think they just put it onto a gigantically-long timer, like the dragons.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

Frozen maw

GreyMouser.1235

It just went off again, so the timer is about an hour now, instead of 30 minutes.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

Frozen maw

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I’m a casual player 5 days of the week anyways (play a lot more in the weekend) and I agree with this, its not a big concern at all if maw timer is longer, I was surprised it was so short to begin with.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Frozen maw

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

As others have already pointed out, it is mentioned in the patchnotes:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-March-26-2013/