Frustrated about Living world 2 40% off sale

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Enchansea.4627

Enchansea.4627

I have been a long time guild wars 2 player. I played beta when it first came out. Unfortunately I was away when Living world 2 was happening. A few days ago I purchased living world season 2 so that I could be ready for HoT. And because I read you need some of the drops only found in LW2 for mawdrey . I have not even started playing through it because it was my birthday and I have been very busy. The fact that it is now 40% off instead of 20% is like a kick in the face. Can I return this purchase since I haven’t used it? Could I get a gem refund on part of the cost? I am really upset about this.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I bought watch pick just before I hear of sale. It went on sale I send support ticket and they tell me no luck for me. You can still try with ticket I guess but that is what happen to me.

;)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

The best thing to do would be to contact support.

You won’t get much out of the forums beyond the suggestion I just gave.

Good luck.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Sadly support here is rather badly inconsistent with whether or not they’ll help with things like this. Seems to depend on the GM and the mood they’re in when your ticket comes in.
At least it can’t hurt to ask.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Enchansea.4627

Okay I will try. Thanks for the advice.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

If they say no the first time remove your ticket and ask again and again if necessary.

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Welcome to the world of retail.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

No , with retail you could return within x days of purchase with receipt if you hadnt used an item for a refund.

Posted by: wastedyouth.6740

wastedyouth.6740

Things go on sale all the time. Get over it.

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

I wouldn’t be surprised if Living world season 2 would eventually become free like the base guild wars 2 game did. Living world season 2 is almost an integral chapter to the guild wars lore and the heart of thorns story wouldn’t make any sense if the player didn’t play living world season 2.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

I wouldn’t be surprised if Living world season 2 would eventually become free like the base guild wars 2 game did. Living world season 2 is almost an integral chapter to the guild wars lore and the heart of thorns story wouldn’t make any sense if the player didn’t play living world season 2.

I’m actually surprised it wasn’t added into HoT, though I guess that would have caused even more uproar.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Most the time they will give you a refund if the purchase was recent.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

If they say no the first time remove your ticket and ask again and again if necessary.

Don’t do this.

Clogs the support system with kitten tickets so that people that actually need help have to wait.

Posted by: SmellTheJava.1520

SmellTheJava.1520

Is it worth the price?

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I’m actually surprised it wasn’t added into HoT, though I guess that would have caused even more uproar.

By all logic of the new release plans for GW2 + Expansions moving forward, HoT needs to include the base game + ALL Addons for the base game to date. That includes the LS2. I had assumed it was. Being a Vet that has the complete LS2 on my account, when I updated to HoT I did not verify this. But if this is how it is, LS2 being yet another purchase on top of the 59.99 HoT purchase, it really shows the direction Anet/NCsoft is going with this game…Sad really.

And if this is how it really is, I will not be upgrading ANY accounts missing any release from the base game to HoT. Ever.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Op have you never bought something from the super market on wed. only to have it be cheaper the following day? The thing with sales is they happen when they happen.

I got up to part 2 of LS2 and then left game for awhile. So when I went to make mawdrey I realized I’d have to pay for content that I could have done for free if I’d stuck around. I made a decision to be gone. That was my choice.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

I guess the time that LS 2 will be included in the bundle come soon …. few weeks/months after HoT Release. Look at 10$ Sales after HoT announcment and including core game in Hot…

But its only speculation and i dont know anything as all others, but i would not suprised about such step

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

I guess it will come soon that LS 2 will be included in the bundle …. few weeks/months after HoT Release. Look at 10$ Sales after HoT announcment and including core game in Hot…

But its only speculation

It really depends on how they do LSs moving forward. If they continue down the path of limited time free then cost, I can see them keeping the (discounted)cost for LS2 up until LS3 becomes paid then include LS2 with LS3. Though I doubt they will include it in HoT, but I guess I could see a “upgrade” bundle with it included.

Regardless what they seem to be doing with HoT and expansions going forward doesn’t make sense to me. As someone posted earlier their new model seems to imply that LS would be rolled into the expansions, or at least that’s how I interpreted the switch as well.

Granted I haven’t seen anything on what their plans are with LS so it is just speculation.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

I know exactly how you feel as I bought a car and now all these people can all of a sudden by the exact same car for cheaper than I paid and I hear they will continue to devalue my car each and every single year. It’s redonkulous, outragous, infuriating how they can do this stuff. It’s not only the car but also my Tv provider as here I am paying my monthly bills and off goes some commercial offering people a sign up deal!? Where is my discount, refund, or heart felt apology!?

I bought it and stuff gets cheaper over time even my computer and I’m here for ya TC we need refunds and need to make a fuss as this nonsense doesn’t happen in the real world it’s not like we live in some sort of capitalistic society where time is indeed a factor in the selling and acquiring of goods or something.

Posted by: nicoliy.3952

nicoliy.3952

Is it worth the price?

I think so (just finished last night).

I’m in the camp of bought recently at the 20% off, but too long ago to have the gem difference refunded. Even still, at full price I would have enjoyed it just the same. The story was fun and unexpected. I hear the rewards for replay are nice too (haven’t looked personally).

If you like the story aspect definitely get it while on discount or even when it is not (if you don’t have the gems now).

Posted by: nicoliy.3952

nicoliy.3952

I think a limiter here is when you bought it FYI. My sister bought this about a week before the sale and was able to get the difference refunded.

By contrast I bought mine 16 days before the sale and could not receive the refund.

That said, I’m not mad about is as I have loved the content I purchased…would be worth it at full price.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I think a limiter here is when you bought it FYI. My sister bought this about a week before the sale and was able to get the difference refunded.

By contrast I bought mine 16 days before the sale and could not receive the refund.

That said, I’m not mad about is as I have loved the content I purchased…would be worth it at full price.

Yeah. A lot of companies do something similar. I think Amazon will honor the difference if the purchase was within a week of a sale.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Is it worth the price?

Every Episode has about 2-3 hours of gameplay, and all of them, every single episode, have at least 1-2 cool/epic new boss fights.

So if you buy the full living story you are getting about 16-20 hours of solid single player gameplay.

The Episodes also let you start scavenger hunts for the bioluminescent armor, mawdrey backpiece, and Sinister Trinkets.

If any of that appeal o you, I think it’s worth the price, especially if you just convert gold and get it for free.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I have been a long time guild wars 2 player. I played beta when it first came out. Unfortunately I was away when Living world 2 was happening. A few days ago I purchased living world season 2 so that I could be ready for HoT. And because I read you need some of the drops only found in LW2 for mawdrey . I have not even started playing through it because it was my birthday and I have been very busy. The fact that it is now 40% off instead of 20% is like a kick in the face. Can I return this purchase since I haven’t used it? Could I get a gem refund on part of the cost? I am really upset about this.

I never understand these kinds of complaints. How is this any different than if you were to buy something from a store and then go back a few weeks later and see it on sale?

No one forced you to buy the LS2 story at the normal price, obviously you thought it was a fair enough deal to spend the money. Now that you see it’s on sale you suddenly don’t think the original price you paid, of which you had to confirm a couple times through checkout, isn’t fair?

This is how it works everywhere, even in GW2.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Normally I’m one of the people being unsympathetic in these threads. But that’s because it’s normally someone who bought the game months or years ago claiming that they should be entitled to every discount, extra item and whatever else that comes along after that.

That is not the case here.

If the OP had bought LS2 from a physical store (or even an online store like Amazon), if ‘a few days’ was within their return period (usually 28 days but it does vary) and had not opened it (and had proof of purchase) then they would be entitled to return it for a full refund. You don’t even need a reason in most cases. And if there was a sale going on at the time they would then be able to re-purchase it at the lower price.

The fact that it’s a digital item shouldn’t change that.

I can understand Anet probably don’t want to offer refunds as standard on gem store items, otherwise you’d get situations like people buying an infinite pick, trying out the animation, returning it, buying another, trying it out, returning it etc. indefinitely.

But in a case like this where it’s a relatively expensive one-time purchase I think it couldn’t hurt to submit a ticket to support and ask them to refund the difference. You will only get the gems back, if you used real money you won’t be able to get that back, but it would be better than nothing.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

If the OP had bought LS2 from a physical store (or even an online store like Amazon), if ‘a few days’ was within their return period (usually 28 days but it does vary) and had not opened it (and had proof of purchase) then they would be entitled to return it for a full refund. You don’t even need a reason in most cases. And if there was a sale going on at the time they would then be able to re-purchase it at the lower price.

One could argue though, that it has been “opened”. It has been applied to your account. That you haven’t played it yet is by no means their responsibility.

To go back to your example, it’s like you bought the disc, unwrapped it and put it in your collection. You just haven’t installed it yet.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

thanks for this topic. just bought season 2

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

If the OP sends in a ticket simply explaining the situation than most likely will be refunded the difference back. Their Customer Service is pretty good with those types of scenarios. I bought two of the same weapon skins before the wardrobe system came out and I was refunded one without question.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Come on people! If you didn’t buy during the sale why do you think you’re owed the sale price? I too bought the watchwork pick a little while before it hit sale and don’t feel owed.

“The fact that it’s a digital item shouldn’t change that.”

But the fact it’s digital changes everything. Scarce real world resources are limited whereas data can be copied indefinitely. For example, you can duplicate an Mp3 file whereas you can’t duplicate a car. The potential for abuse with digital goods is just too great.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Don’t do this.

Clogs the support system with kitten tickets so that people that actually need help have to wait.

And? HE actually needs help. and he wouldnt have to clog the system if they helped him the first time.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Come on people! If you didn’t buy during the sale why do you think you’re owed the sale price? I too bought the watchwork pick a little while before it hit sale and don’t feel owed.

“The fact that it’s a digital item shouldn’t change that.”

But the fact it’s digital changes everything. Scarce real world resources are limited whereas data can be copied indefinitely. For example, you can duplicate an Mp3 file whereas you can’t duplicate a car. The potential for abuse with digital goods is just too great.

Most companies have a grace period where they will reimburse the difference between the sale price and the price you paid for. Anet has done this in the past, and recently frkm what I have read, so it’s not far-fetched for the OP to think they’ll get a refund for the difference.

While some digital products can be duplicated, that isn’t the case here.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I bought something in Marvel Heroes almost a week before they ended up doing a sale on what I purchased. Support actually gave me bonus currency back to make up the difference. Maybe GW2 does the same and will give you gems back, no clue, but try away if you’d like. ;3

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Don’t do this.

And? HE actually needs help. and he wouldnt have to clog the system if they helped him the first time.

This, if CS was consistent and helped all players equally players won’t need to bother them again and again.

Posted by: Reckoner.2536

Reckoner.2536

No , with retail you could return within x days of purchase with receipt if you hadnt used an item for a refund.

Actually thats 100% WRONG for any ‘Game Software’ you buy these days. Go buy ANY PC game from your local gameshop, open it, then try to return it next week. Nobody takes back any type of gaming software these days. So quit crying, kittens goes on sale every week, sometimes you just bought that game/item. Tough kitten. Anet -shouldnt- give you a refund, makes them less likely to help others who have legitimate problems.

Enchansea.4627

I never understand these kinds of complaints. How is this any different than if you were to buy something from a store and then go back a few weeks later and see it on sale?

No one forced you to buy the LS2 story at the normal price, obviously you thought it was a fair enough deal to spend the money. Now that you see it’s on sale you suddenly don’t think the original price you paid, of which you had to confirm a couple times through checkout, isn’t fair?

This is how it works everywhere, even in GW2.

I think that it is fair for me to ask for a refund because I haven’t used it yet and its only been a few days. I actually only wanted the difference . . . . and, they did refund me partially so they thought it was fair for me to ask as well. It never hurts to ask.

Enchansea.4627

Actually thats 100% WRONG for any ‘Game Software’ you buy these days. Go buy ANY PC game from your local gameshop, open it, then try to return it next week. Nobody takes back any type of gaming software these days. So quit crying, kittens goes on sale every week, sometimes you just bought that game/item. Tough kitten. Anet -shouldnt- give you a refund, makes them less likely to help others who have legitimate problems.

That is not 100% wrong. I never said I opened it. I hadn’t even used it.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I totally understand your frustration. As others have suggested, you should contact support and they may cooperate with you and get you a partial refund or something. Can’t say for sure, but I’ve heard of it happening.

Now, on the flip side, I just have a few questions for anyone who gets “upset” at stuff like this:

1) When you buy a game on Steam, and a week later it goes on sale for 25% off or something, do you get mad at Steam? Do you get mad at the publisher? How about if you buy a box of cereal at the store, and in a couple of days a new flyer comes out, and that cereal goes on sale for cheaper than you paid? Are you mad at the store? Did they cheat you?

2) How is anyone supposed to put anything on sale, without making you mad? Is that possible?

3) What should be the grace period at which refunds should still be offered, to people who bought something just before it goes on sale? A day? Two days? A week? Are you still going to freak out and get mad if you bought it just a day before the one-week grace period began?

4) Are customers who bought something just before a sale entitled to the same concessions as customers who buy something just after a sale ended? Why?

5) Does it behoove companies to warn consumers about the possibility of upcoming price reductions? How should they go about doing that? Should they discourage people from buying their product? Should they disable online sales and issue product recalls? For how long do they need to do this, before the “sale” happens?

6) Do you consider a temporarily-lowered price on a product or service to be unethical? Do you feel offended, or cheated, by this practice? How do you feel the company has wronged you, personally? It seems to me that you are mad at the circumstances of reality, and your own poor luck, than anything the company actually did.

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

That is not 100% wrong. I never said I opened it. I hadn’t even used it.

We could go technical and say that you “opened” it, since it has been applied to your account. Not using it is not the same as not “opening” it.

Now, I’m not against asking for a possible refund. I’ve done the same when the Account Jump bundle I bought few days before the sale suddenly got discounted during key sale.
But what I can’t understand is to call such happenings “a kick in the face” and the like. It’s not their fault that you didn’t wait for a possible sale or that your timing was so bad that you got the item shortly before it was discounted. It’s more or less upsetting, yes, but it’s not like they did that on purpose to screw with you.

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

Something like not selling a freaking story separately in a computer game, would help the most.
But I guess once indoctrinated, one stays that way.

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Things go on sale all the time. Get over it.

same thinking…yeah is bad luck, but i do not see riots in the cities when sales come

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Speaking as a former employee of 2 stores that sold computer games and other software I’d say this is where the difference between a digital item and a physical one is important (and the difference between buying directly from the creators and from a 3rd party store).

The reason you can’t return opened PC games is that the vast majority of them have 1-use codes or other forms of DRM to prevent the same copy from being installed on multiple computers. If it’s still sealed the staff can be confident it hasn’t been used and can therefore be re-sold as new. If it’s opened there is no way for them to check whether you’ve used it or not.

Whereas Anet probably can tell if a player has used the LS2 add-on or not, and so can make a more informed decision on whether a refund would be justified.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

When dealing with support the best thing to do is not to take no for an answer. I requested Mad Memories be added to my wardrobe, since I have Mad Memories complete unlocked. They said no and I told them they were wrong. They escalated the issue and it was unlocked for me.

Tell them it’s not right, especially since you haven’t actually played it, and they might escalate it and they might refund you the difference.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker