Full refund for clothing changed to tonic

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

We should not have to petition for this. We did not buy a tonic. We bought separate, dyeable items that could be mixed and matched.

A tonic replacement is not acceptable. Having to beg for gem refund is not acceptable.

Make it right or revert the items. This blunder is of a magnitude that needs addressed game wide, for everyone.

by refund I mean gems.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I have to say – I didn’t even have townclothes really, so I’m not personally affected by it, but it’s unreal that they actually thought the tonic solution, or even the costume toggle to some extent, was satisfactory in any way, and it has completely marred what should have been an awesome, exciting release.

If it was truly somehow impossible to make the original townclothes ‘work’ with the new wardrobe system, I’d have had my team redo them from scratch as new pieces so they would. That’s really the only reasonable thing to do.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I read the TOS. I am aware of what they can do with “their” property.

It is their legal right. That does not make it good customer service, does not enhance consumer faith, and was a poor decision in any light.

A decision poor enough to unilaterally fix.. company side.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

Too late I see. I wasn’t trying to be confrontational but I decided it didn’t really contribute much.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I asked for a refund for the wintersday skin- I had it mixed with another skin set & strongly dislike this “all or nothing” :/
But I DO infact like that we can wear some skins- just we should be able to mix them like before

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Never forget the first rule of acquisition: Once you have their money, you never give it back.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I’m fortunate. All I had was wintersday skin that I wore as a full outfit anyway and the quaggan hat that’s now an armour skin, which I use often and really like. I would actually like for them to make the tops and bottoms into armour pieces, just like they did with the quaggan hat.

Posted by: waltercross.5392

waltercross.5392

What is really sad to is that to get a refund we have to ask and go thru all of that, at the very least they should automatically give refunds. So Inconvenient.

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

They made a topic saying they will issue full gem refunds for clothes turned to tonics, among other things.

I submitted my support ticket yesterday. Got my gems fully refunded this morning.

I did not have to beg. I just let then know I wanted a refund. They were helpful and quick.

[SoF]

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

That fast? I sent mine of 16th and hadn’t yet. They will eventually I assume.

They said they’d refund any town clothes stuff that was changed so just send a ticket.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If they just ‘fixed’ it as you desire, I guess that would leave those that enjoy the new town clothes implementation out in the cold. They aren’t really mind-readers. It takes very little effort to request a refund, and quite generous of them, as well.

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

Yeah, i sent mine patch day, and replied to their reply just to make sure they are home, nothing yet.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

They should have saved themselves a heap of trouble and have just refunded everyone that received tonics with their equivalent worth in gems. Those tonics are just absolute garbage. Doing that, they would have just needed to deal with outfits, armor duplicates, and dye refunds.

The way they’ve handled this issue, and have continued to handle this issue, is just laughable and pathetic. People that rushed out and bought the human C3 cultural armor got a big apology and explanation within a day or two.

They’re just ignoring this issue and sweeping it under the rug.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They should have saved themselves a heap of trouble and have just refunded everyone that received tonics with their equivalent worth in gems. Those tonics are just absolute garbage. Doing that, they would have just needed to deal with outfits, armor duplicates, and dye refunds.

The way they’ve handled this issue, and have continued to handle this issue, is just laughable and pathetic. People that rushed out and bought the human C3 cultural armor got a big apology and explanation within a day or two.

They’re just ignoring this issue and sweeping it under the rug.

I understand why they did the tonic thing but it doesn’t make it a good idea. I honestly don’t see how anyone could enjoy them~ you’re probably right; they should of just auto refunded all of them instead and probably even just didn’t even make tonics at all. I don’t see a need for any of the town clothing that was changed to tonics beyond finding a way to incorporate them into being actual armor skins instead. To me they are the same thing as having the items deleted, except they take up space still.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Tyrius.7162

Tyrius.7162

Still waiting any answer from ANet :S

Posted by: Moderator