Fused Gauntlets?

Fused Gauntlets?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arcade Fire.4895

Arcade Fire.4895

Will we ever be able to acquire Fused Gauntlets again? I totally missed the first part of the F&F Living Story and couldn’t get the fused gauntlets.

I really like the skin and I was wondering if there were any plans for people to be able to get them again.

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I second this question.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Millillion.5914

Millillion.5914

Highly unlikely, since they’re supposed to be exclusive to those who played that particular content.

Although there is the possibility that we might get PvP reward tracks for older LS stuff for the sake of PvP players, I wouldn’t count on it.

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They need to bring them back in some way.

No item should be available once in a lifetime, then never again.

It should either come back cyclically (for stuff available in yearly festivals), or become a very, very rare drop in legacy content like a fractal.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Millillion.5914

Millillion.5914

They need to bring them back in some way.

No item should be available once in a lifetime, then never again.

It should either come back cyclically (for stuff available in yearly festivals), or become a very, very rare drop in legacy content like a fractal.

But the entire point of these small living world rewards it to signify to other players that you were there and you played that content.

If they just started handing them out to everyone, they wouldn’t mean anything, and then why have them at all?

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They weren’t brought back even when LA Living Story arc brought back many of the “time limited” items. That is an answer in itself.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

You can have mine.

But seriously I’d like to see more exclusive skins rather than fewer. I mean how valuable is a T-shirt that reads ‘I climbed K2 2012’ if you just bought it at the gift shop on your lunch hour yesterday?

Don’t have much of a problem with the idea of re-occurring events however that allow you another chance at them.

Liadri 2 – The Reckoning (Now In 3d)

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Some items in GW1 had a 6-7 year wait before being released again. I never did get the Original Yule Cap. It is available now, though.

I see nothing wrong with ‘You had to be there’ items. I’m sure everything will eventually be available, again…if not until the game winds down.

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Mad mermories, Sclerite Karka shell, Aetherblade shoulders, we have likely 10-15 skins unique from each LS chapter. I know that is sad don’t have it avaiable, but its is very, very unlikely with the actual system, that they’ll add it up again.

In other hand, if they put up a system where allow you to play or experience past events (i.e. fractals) then.. maybe will have a chance. I really doubt they will bring back one thing without bring all other ones, ppl would get in rage.

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

I couldn’t care less if they release them again.

Why?

Because it is just a few pixels, who gives a crap? It doesn’t affect me.

Yes I was there, yes I have them. Unless I was an over entitled and shallow jerk that wants to be a special snowflake then I’d say no. Thankfully I’m not.

Someone wearing ‘X’, ‘Y’ or ‘Z’ pixels doesn’t affect you. On the other hand it increases the playing experience for those who missed some temporary ill explained joke content.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I wish there was a way to get living story meta reward skins again. I missed out on the tequatl dragon wings simply because at the time I had no characters at level 80, and it was impossible for me to even get to the zone because I was such a low level, let alone do any of the achievements, so I had to miss out entirely :-(

Now of course, I have a few level 80’s, and some that have the tequatl area unlocked, but it’s obviously too late, and it’s really annoying because I really wanted those wings.

I guess you just have to happen to be online at the time of said living story, and also have a level 80 that can 1) get to the area in the first place, and 2) have good survivability to do the achievements. Guardian for example, is what I use for all my living stories now, because in certain areas (like Orr for example), my elementalist just can’t survive. His armor is paper thin and I even tried going the defensive route, and he still died many times.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Why?

Yes I was there, yes I have them. Unless I was an over entitled and shallow jerk that wants to be a special snowflake then I’d say no. Thankfully I’m not.

Someone wearing ‘X’, ‘Y’ or ‘Z’ pixels doesn’t affect you. On the other hand it increases the playing experience for those who missed some temporary ill explained joke content.

Same. I really couldn’t imagine my life being so empty that I would feel some sort of pride in having some goofy skin in my collection that I wanted others to never have. GW1 has it right in letting new players and old players alike to get a chance at whatever special item that used to be some lame one time thing up for grabs once the occasion pops again each year.

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Why?

I agree. I have the fused gauntlets and couldn’t care less if everyone and their dog had them. GW2 should be about playing the way you want, and people missing out on a particular item or look they’re going for isn’t cool.

At the very least, new living stories should, in a small way, be linked to the old one (depending on the theme), and if you do the new meta, you also gain any previous meta skins tied to that living story. Like some new flame-themed living story meta (perhaps a destroyer themed LS would be an appropriate one?) could have a new reward, and if you achieve the new meta, you also get the fused gauntlet skin as well.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Good idea. Now, instead of doing living world content, I just wait around a while, and pick up all the rewards afterwards, when it’s fair easier to get them!

Fused Gauntlets?

Wasbunny.6531

Why?

Well, to be fair the same could be applied to the Stanley Cup, or a Superbowl ring or any other trophy or symbol of accomplishment.

Take away the meaning and the uniqueness of a symbol or trophy and what are you left with? Nothing. Meaningless pixels.

Follow that line of logic and Legendaries should be handed out at character creation. “Because it is just a few pixels, who gives a crap? It doesn’t affect me.” And then Legendaries have no meaning. They are worthless.

“Someone wearing ‘X’, ‘Y’ or ‘Z’ pixels doesn’t affect you.” True on the surface, but what is a trophy afterall? You obviously know you met the challenge that was required to aquire it so why does it matter that someone just picks one up at the gem store? Because that’s the definition of trophy or badge or whatever that marks your achievement for all to see. It’s recognition, and is the only way it has value.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

The only exception I can see be made is for RNG items like the jetpack in the molten alliance dungeon.

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Bloodyhell.8760

Bloodyhell.8760

I don’t understand the point.

There are tons of free skins you can get. Why the hell a “I was there item” should come back on tp? just for skin? wait, soner or later a similar skin will come. But the same? no. never. It’ done. You weren’t there and you can’t get it anymore. End of story.

It’s a skin, so no one really care. If you do, yuor lost.

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The only exception I can see be made is for RNG items like the jetpack in the molten alliance dungeon.

I don’t believe there should even be RNG-based time-limited items. I was there is simply not the same kind of message as i happened to be lucky at that time.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I don’t believe there should even be RNG-based time-limited items. I was there is simply not the same kind of message as i happened to be lucky at that time.

Agreed. I like I was there items. Or I was there and worked to get this item that anyone who was there and put in the effort could get. But, I was there and just happened to be lucky enough to get this item that almost no one got even though they were there, is not so ok.

Being able to show off your experiences is a cool feature. It too bad some people feel left out, but that’s how it goes. You shouldn’t always get what you want just because you want it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Almoryk Kane.6085

Almoryk Kane.6085

If anything they should be a rare drop in the Fractals or the Boss with the molten alliance. To at least give a chance for getting his item again. And probably making it account bound so there isn’t too much of a market for it on the Black Lion. Thankfully I have it and have been hanging onto it ever since. And now its part of my wardrobe.

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

Stop whining/crying. You missed it, ah well; it’s a game. I missed getting the Gas Mask helmet that i thought was cool because of circumstances IRL. should i/do i care that i’ll never get the chance to get it again? no…. there should definitely be items that you have a one time chance to get. it creates pride in accomplishing it. You miss it, move on; something else will come along. always remember it’s not THAT important and again, it’s just a game.

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Good idea. Now, instead of doing living world content, I just wait around a while, and pick up all the rewards afterwards, when it’s fair easier to get them!

And miss out on the fun of the Living World content and seeing the events happen.

There’s more to GW2 than getting loot.

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

But the entire point of these small living world rewards it to signify to other players that you were there and you played that content.

If they just started handing them out to everyone, they wouldn’t mean anything, and then why have them at all?

A very rare drop, rare enough, would not be anywhere near “hand it out to anywhere”. I’m talking something like maybe 10 players a year getting it or even less.

If you make items “once in a lifetime” eventually they will disappear from sight, because those who got them may never use them again.

But someone who got one of them as an extremely rare drop may fancy it and use it. Keeping a bit of everything in use.

There can also be really, really long waits before they are available again. More than 5 years.

But something dropping once in a lifetime, never again, yet using up a slot in collections and wardrobe is never good in a multiplayer game. It adds a certain component of regret to that bit of content. And regrets are never fun.
Also, if you ever want to team up with some friends an wear the same stuff for any reason, your choices become limited by theirs.

No one should ask to get things “handed out”. But no one should play thinking “I will never, ever be able to do this, no matter how good I get at the game”.

No. It’s not that simple. Because if you wait, gods know when the content will come back. If you don’t get it now, you will be able to get it later, yes, but you may spend months, or even years without it. While others get to show it off. And when you finally get it, they have some other new stuff to show off.

There is such thing as “exclusivity in time” without forcing “absolute exclusivity” on everyone else.
Those who do things first get to show it off before anyone else. And that has value, otherwise no one would buy things like preorders sales, and there would be no point on putting timestamp in achievements (by the way, GW2’s acheivements should have had timestamps like in practically any gaming platform withachievements).

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Fused Gauntlets?

Wasbunny.6531

Don’t agree that everything should be cyclical, no matter how big the circle.

The part that turns something dynamic or ‘living’ is the fact that it isn’t in a closed loop. It’s an ever widening spiral, not a closed circle.

My favorite title for instance, which all my characters proudly display is “Avenger of the Dispossessed”. This title was only granted when completing an achievement during the Flame & Frost living story chapter which will never happen again. Having it repeatable somehow would not just be illogical but take away any meaning it had entirely.

Fused Gauntlets?

Posted by: AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048

RNG skins should be brought back. Y1 halloween stuff like the greatsaw and ghastly grinning shield need to return, and should have been available at Y2 halloween. monocles, molten jetpacks, sun/wind/lightning catcher skins, stuff that was RNG from chests should either be cyclical or available in other ways. They did it right with scarlet’s chest, but it should have consistent but low chance drops from their respective fractals, etc.