Fused Weapons Skins coming back?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bayonet.5174

Bayonet.5174

I don’t collect skins. I only hunt for the ones that interest me/ I want to work into my characters’ style. Thus it is a pain being an alt-oholic and wanting all those pretty characters.

Because of this, I recently saw my interest in the fused shortbow skin increase as I suddenly had ‘that new character idea’ that all alt-holics are familiar with. But, lo and behold, I cannot aquire this skin.

I have the 7 weapon claim tickets needed to buy it from the skin vendor, but it isn’t available to purchase with said currency.
I do not have a fused weapon claim-ticket (which is currently unobtainable unless you have one already) to get it from the skin vendor.
I do not have the ~1000+ gold to buy it straight from the auction house.

I’m not asking how to acquire it since all three of the above methods are the only ways that are/ were possible. I’m simply asking if there is any news as to when fused weapon tickets will drop again, or when the skins will be back on the skin vendor to buy with non-specific Black Lion weapon tickets.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I really want aetherize skins and halloween first year skin to return. I really hope Anet stop caring about those 0.001% minority who’ll be kittened up because they currently own one, and start caring about the 99.999% of communities who want nice skins back.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Probably not. ANet said they’d look into it when they originally removed them but I don’t think it’s particularly high priority at the moment, or will be anytime soon.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Gotta keep that economy going by artificially inflating the price of the remaining skins by cutting off the supply.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I doubt skins have much effect on the virtual economy as a whole.

Posted by: Nightwin.6423

Nightwin.6423

I doubt skins have much effect on the virtual economy as a whole.

I beg a differ the hole economy of the game is based on skins and bling. Sure the individual skin doesn’t have a major primary effect however as it being a gold sink it drives people to build up gold and use the economy

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It wouldn’t surprise me if they eventually put in a vendor that sells all the “retired” skins. Somewhere within the HoT areas, so you need the expansion to get to them.

They can then continue the trend with future expansions, weapon sets that are retired are eventually brought back but require the next expansion to get to them.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

They may come back one day, the only thing anet said, iirc, was that unique BLTC skins would not come back “this year”, so maybe they will sometime in the future. Keep your fingers crossed!

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

not “this year” was 2014, so they will probably come back 2015. They would be stupid if they pass this opportunity to make money, after all people also want them for the collection achievement.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

They’ll come back.

Anet brought back discontinued skins before, and Fused skins are not special. If anything, since you could get them from pve once upon a time, they are less special than, say, wintersday skins.

Pay big prices now or wait. And if you are selling, price them to sell b/c anet will undercut you.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

I suddenly had ‘that new character idea’ that all alt-holics are familiar with. But, lo and behold, I cannot aquire this skin.

I know that feel…
It always sucks so bad when you can’t get that perfect look without something that is unobtainable. >.<

20+ RP alts and increasing, every time I see something that reminds me of another character from a new/old game or show, I get the idea to make an alt and customize it as best as possible. I don’t even care for Legendaries anymore. You have to be patient with the ideas though, as I had a few characters that I made early on in the game, and over time, new skins and hairstyles allowed me to fully finish the detailed appearance.

Attachments:

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

(edited by ReV.6097)

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I’ve already fallen for the temptations on the TP regarding the current available ones, including a few Aetherized/Dreamthistle skins (expensive as all hell sigh). Maybe I’m just impatient. Either way, I do have the gold necessary to outright buy a few and have done so in the past and I have no regrets; they are beautiful skins and I wholeheartedly agree with the OP on being an alt-oholic yet to finish these collections by dishing out literally 1k+ gold just for ONE skin is getting a bit over the top.

Sadly, I do indeed have an order on a Fused Pistol skin for 800g but unfortunately no one in the entire playerbase seems to have one or wants to sell one for that price. Are they that rare/extinct?

I certainly hope ANet re-releases Fused/Atherized/Dreamthistle skins as I’d love to finish those collections off.

Posted by: Tryhard Pants.9745

Tryhard Pants.9745

Just +1ing this to get their attention. Please Anet, make it happen! My Hellfire and Flamewalker skins are rotting in my wardrobe because there are no proper weapons that fit

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

I’ll post in this thread instead of making a new one.
I stand before this problem… there are like only two Fused hammer skins left in TP that cost 1999 gold… I’ve begun to save money but I am afraid that before I get those 2k gold, those skins might get sold.
I guess that until these won’t be bought, fused weapon skins won’t return but it does not harm to ask Anet for making those glorious skins return to the ticket store.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s the strangest thing. They’ve brought back weapon set after weapon set, but not this one. They brought back the Crimson weapon set recently, and that one already had so many on the trading post that most of the weapons were only selling for 50-70 gold.

ANet. Please bring these back. The supply on the trading post is almost gone.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Fused skin always had a special place, similar to the 2012 Halloween skins: they were first locked behind the fused tickets which you could get from a Black Lion chest. Then they made them later available for 7 (not 2, not 5, 7!) black lion tickets.

You have to know: before the introduction of black lion tickts there were individual tickets, like the dragon jade skins etc. I think they always wanted them to be ultra rare, be cause they felt they are especially cool be cause of the super duper flame effect.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Just a flesh wound.3589

Fused skin always had a special place, similar to the 2012 Halloween skins: they were first locked behind the fused tickets which you could get from a Black Lion chest. Then they made them later available for 7 (not 2, not 5, 7!) black lion tickets.

You have to know: before the introduction of black lion tickts there were individual tickets, like the dragon jade skins etc. I think they always wanted them to be ultra rare, be cause they felt they are especially cool be cause of the super duper flame effect.

The flame effect was a big WOW back then when there weren’t many non Legendaries with special effects and looks. But now? They’ve released a number of weapons sets that rival that set, and now when I preview the fused weapons, they’re still nice but they’ve released others that have comparable special effects, like the Chaos or Timekeeper (looks and clock sound when drawn) or Tempest (flowing wind effect), and others. It’s been a long time since those stood out because of the super duper special effects, so if that’s their reason they’ve invalidated it long ago.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Pox.3296

Pox.3296

Bumping/necro’ing this just because it’s still relevant. Would love to see the Fused skins back available for tickets.

Anyone have any thoughts as to if this may happen, or is this now just a lost cause I need to save up money for?

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

It may happen or maybe not. No way to know :P

Just a flesh wound.3589

Bumping/necro’ing this just because it’s still relevant. Would love to see the Fused skins back available for tickets.

Anyone have any thoughts as to if this may happen, or is this now just a lost cause I need to save up money for?

Since this seems to be a weapon set that releases rarely you can either save up the gold or wait and hope, whichever seems to be best to you since no one on the forums can answer your question.

As a comment. This is a very old thread and the Fused weapons were re-released 7 months later, or not quite a year ago. With the re-release the prices have dropped considerably. At the time of the original posting, for example, the Fused Greatsword was selling for 3400 gold. It’s now selling for ~700 gold.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Pox.3296

Pox.3296

Since this seems to be a weapon set that releases rarely you can either save up the gold or wait and hope, whichever seems to be best to you since no one on the forums can answer your question.

As a comment. This is a very old thread and the Fused weapons were re-released 7 months later, or not quite a year ago. With the re-release the prices have dropped considerably. At the time of the original posting, for example, the Fused Greatsword was selling for 3400 gold. It’s now selling for ~700 gold.

I guess, with that added perspective, I should count myself lucky and just save up the ~850g for the Longbow skin.

Pretty sure I’ll find a different use for my Black Lion tickets sometime in the future then.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

You can always flip the tickets by using them to buy skins when they’re first released and selling them to early buyers on the TP, then use that gold to buy fused skins. I treat the fused skins like a longer term thing, focusing on the specific ones I want and trying to get one each time they become available.