Future Content Speculation

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lucazzy.1709

Lucazzy.1709

Hey guys,

For the past few weeks, Areanet has been committed to squashing bugs, and I’m thrilled with that. (The game was pretty polished at launch too, BTW). But now that it appears things are coming together officially with the forums being brought up, let’s look to the future.

They have yet to release any information about what Update 1.1 will have in store, so I’m putting the question out there. What do you want in 1.1? When do you think 1.1 will be released? What do you think we will see beyond 1.1? How often do you think we will get updates?

Talk about it all here. Not that there isn’t plenty of content already in the game, but MMOs are built by the future. Discuss the future here, before ANet officially reveals what they have in store.

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

I would like to see GW2 play to its strengths – the dynamic events and the especially the meta events, where areas change hands, is excellent. I think we are way off getting new areas, but when we do I hope they make an extended meta event that effects an entire zone.

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

Come on.. the game has only 2 weeks.

They need to fix a lot of thing first: Bugged events, Balance Issues, Security account.

But, i think that if they are going to release some content soon, i’m pretty sure that are going to be more PvP content.

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

Posted by: Ordika.9513

Ordika.9513

I read somewhere that their way of doing events and scaling means that they can basically modify/add anything to anywhere that they want.

At this stage of the games life I think that is all you need to do. When the majority of your playing customers have 100% map completion then they would want to look into doing major stuff, but build on what is already there. Being able to expand on the stories that already exist without having to shoehorn them in to special new zones is very immersive.

Come expansion time, though it will have to be all new content.

Ordika Skirata || Keirstaad Rhith || Rhun Turold || Quinten Vigar || Ahrung Park
Swansonites of North Shiverpeak – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

PVP Maps, Guild Halls, Player Housing, more DE’s

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: Solitaire.3680

Solitaire.3680

I think it would be great if they added different dynamic events, and more, so if you’re running around solo you can experience them. I ran around Mount of Maelstrom for about an hour and half and saw only 2 and one I couldn’t do by myself.
Even people who get 100% map (keep in mind even with that there’s a lot you may not have seen yet) would be able to go back and experience new content in the zones.
I don’t know if they would be ready to release a new zone yet? Probably just adding features..
my #1 would be first person view, followed by preview on the TP

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

I’d like to see the complexity in dynamic events increase. Events are static (Centaurs in Kessex Hills really want to repair that bridge) and very predictable right now.

Posted by: Branskins.9752

Branskins.9752

I don’t think they will refer to it as 1.1 by the way. I think we will see a gradual roll out of improvements and new features instead of “big” patch days. Now I am sure for events like opening a new zone will have big patches of course. But looking back at Guild Wars 1, they never really had “patch” days…they kind of just happened and sometimes by surprise!

I agree with the poster about playing to the games strengths: I expect to see improvements to dynamic events and new forms of events. I am really curious how they are going to handle holiday events as they might need to introduce a new style of event. Guild Wars had collections quests which is not really possible with the current even system to run 24-7.

I expect to see expansions to crafting with new recipes (not advertised of course!).

But really the game’s main feature is the dynamic events, so I expect them to introduce new and more complex events as they refine and improve their tools to be able to handle new challenges.

While I really love the game, I am very excited to see what kind of new content they can put out and what kind of improvements they can make as time goes on. Updates always get me really excited

Wrecking Krew [Krew] – Borlis Pass

Posted by: sandstrom.5938

sandstrom.5938

Player housing and guild halls! The guild halls in everquest 2 were awesome, they really made the guild much more social

Posted by: Klofange.6854

Klofange.6854

More Playable races, what’s that I hear, Skritt with radios, Yes please

Posted by: Kaielogy.2493

Kaielogy.2493

Content in gw2 have a lot of potential to be more complex and fun, i hope they add new maps to WvW, new pvp modes or maps..more complex DEs..more weapon choices and most importantly..more skins for armors and weapons!

Posted by: Lucazzy.1709

Lucazzy.1709

I don’t think they will refer to it as 1.1 by the way. I think we will see a gradual roll out of improvements and new features instead of “big” patch days. Now I am sure for events like opening a new zone will have big patches of course. But looking back at Guild Wars 1, they never really had “patch” days…they kind of just happened and sometimes by surprise!

I agree with the poster about playing to the games strengths: I expect to see improvements to dynamic events and new forms of events. I am really curious how they are going to handle holiday events as they might need to introduce a new style of event. Guild Wars had collections quests which is not really possible with the current even system to run 24-7.

I expect to see expansions to crafting with new recipes (not advertised of course!).

But really the game’s main feature is the dynamic events, so I expect them to introduce new and more complex events as they refine and improve their tools to be able to handle new challenges.

While I really love the game, I am very excited to see what kind of new content they can put out and what kind of improvements they can make as time goes on. Updates always get me really excited

I do kind of hope they refer to it as 1._ though. Not because it will actually change what is in the patch, just because it’s an MMO thing…it’s like when I play 1.0 I know we’re in Vanilla and that after 1.1, AKA the first major patch, we are technically no longer in Vanilla.

Also, a list of things they should add.
-New dynamic events (not in patch notes, free)
-New Dungeons (in BLTC)
-New WvW Maps (in BLTC)
-New PvP Maps (in BLTC)
-New zones (free or BLTC, don’t expect these for quite a while)

Also, I know this sounds a bit stupid, but I kind of hope Areanet goes for monthly content updates. They probably won’t be this frequent, but having monthly content will keep people active and interested in the game. It was what SWTOR promised and didn’t deliver. Hoping Areanet can do this, but that would mean 1.1 is due in less than 3 weeks, highly doubt that. Hey, you never know.

Posted by: NightFury.1758

NightFury.1758

I bet the new content will be in the form of expansion packs. What you see here is what you get till the next expansion unfortunately…

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

They’ve said they will continue to add to the game and have expansion packs. I don’t know if a big feature like guild houses would be added via patch though but I think they will add new dynamic events at least.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto