Future Legendary items vs Ascended gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: exeon.7430

exeon.7430

I’d like to have an explanation Linsey’s post about ascended gear. In her blog post, she writes:
You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons. Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items. All Legendary items going forward will be of Ascended power. We also have plans to add more fun ways to acquire Legendary precursor items with a more “scavenger hunt” feel than they are acquired currently.

The bolded text is what worries me. Can you explain what this means? Does it mean future crafted legendary gear will have an Ascended tag but not the already crafted one? I really hope not…Or does it just mean that Legendary items and Ascended items will have similar stats for both current and future legendaries? If so, that’s perfect.
Hopefully, you won’t be separating visually the already crafted Legendaries and the futurely crafted Legendaries..
Can we get a confirmation?

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

I think you quit reading a little too soon.
In the 2nd to last paragraph she also said:

“You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons.”
&
“will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons”
&
“All Legendary items going forward will be of Ascended power”

So to answer your question, the current legendary gear will be updated.

(edited by MrLee.6892)

Posted by: QSatu.1586

QSatu.1586

All legendary items will have the stats of the highest tier in the game. All new legendaries and all old ones.

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

Legendary items will be on par with ascended items, power wise. And as for Agony cleansing ability, that’s another story.

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

Legendary items will be on par with ascended items, power wise. And as for Agony cleansing ability, that’s another story.

Ya very curious to see what it takes to make Infusions from the Mystic Forge!

Exciting days are coming!

exeon.7430

This is not my question.
I understand that current AND future legendary will be on par with Ascendent gear.

The problem is this sentence: All Legendary items going forward will be of Ascended power.

This could mean that future/newly crafted items have the Ascended label? I’m confident it’s not the case but I want to make sure that whoever currently crafted a Legendary will not be screwed with a different legendary and that EVERYTHING affecting future legendary (label, color, buffs, etc) is applied retroactively. I’m confident, just a bit worried.

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

If you just used the legendary skin you are screwed. If you actually use the legendary as it is now (with non optimal stats for your spec) you will get a buff some time in the future.

I doubt that legendaries and ascendant gear will have a multitude of stat options. It will probably be very limited. So reskinning exotics will probably still serve a better purpose, outside the dungeons you need infusions in aswell as WvW.

If we get a multitude of stat options I have no clue what effect it will have on the game, except a negative one for those that dont want legendaries at all or grind dungeons a.k.a the people that want to just WvW.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

They said agony is built into the ascended items without infusions.

Legendaries might have the agony coefficient as well.

exeon.7430

The reason I’m asking is, in another game that shall not be named, Legendaries pre patch and Legendary post patch were differentiated by a “label”. This created a hectic situation that pushed the market fubar. Some people had the “cool” legendaries, others had the “less cool” legendaries.
In GW2, getting a legendary is freaking long. So I want to make sure anyone who spent 500 hours getting it pre patch will not be screwed. I understand whatever stats will be on future legendary will also be applied on past legendaries but is there ANYTHING at all that will differentiate it? A label/tooltip? A color? An effect? ANYTHING? If not, we’re cool.

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game from same text you typed.