Future Looks Bright :)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

I cant thank the dev team enough for the feature patch , well done guys

But looking into the future , in game ladders and templates Also awsome cant wait

Can we also expect to see in game Anet run daily, monthly tourneys ?

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

… I gotta wear shades (not quite right but I couldn’t help myself).

:)

Attachments:

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I agree,Gw2 is much better game now after this feature patch.My main problem with GW2 was empty world but now when i go around towns,cursed shore and other places that are under megaserver i feel like this game finally start to feel like alive.I see lots of people questing together and that is way different then how it was when i was leveling my character like in single player game,which was also main reason why so many people get bored of GW2 without reaching lvl 30.They need to add more permanent content next,more reasons to explore this beautyfull world,open new maps,new tasks and such.sPvP is improved by a lot and PVP with WvW is vary popular atm since rewords are awesome.Next living story seems gonna be awesome.Haters gonna hate but this game is here to stay and no other game will shot it down for next 10 years !

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

My main problem with GW2 is the lack of content.

It’s been a year and a half since release and we’re essentially playing the exact same game.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I must be a vampire then, since it hurts.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Well they stuck a dagger in the trait system with the free traits change and no cost being the only good things coming out of it.

It really cut down on my desire to make new builds with any of the new traits or even play any of my low-leveled characters.

Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

It’s been a year and a half since release and we’re essentially playing the exact same game.

^ This, very much THIS

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Pretty much this right here ^^

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

It was a necessary addition redisign but many people felt underwhelmed by excessive hipe. If they did no advertising for it people would have been amazed. Next living story seams to have an 8 month develpment head start so it will be interesting to see what they do with the time.

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

Lots of excellent ideas implemented rather shoddily, in my opinion. Probably needed more bug testing and to address some player concerns. Lots of tickets being submitted. I have my own but haven’t heard back because of the volume. At least they’re addressing some of the issues. It’s slow, but they’re getting there.

Posted by: TheGaryTh.1649

TheGaryTh.1649

Does LS not count as content? Sure it’s only temporary, however I found that the LS updates every 2 weeks seemed like more content overall, compared with any other mmos. Also what about Teqautl, Triple Wurm, EOTM, and pvp revamp? Pretty sure these are fairly large bits of content added, on top of LS.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Does LS not count as content? Sure it’s only temporary, however I found that the LS updates every 2 weeks seemed like more content overall, compared with any other mmos. Also what about Teqautl, Triple Wurm, EOTM, and pvp revamp? Pretty sure these are fairly large bits of content added, on top of LS.

Don’t forget Fractals, Guild Missions, new jumping puzzles and PvP maps

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

Can you play them now? Can a new player play them? Is it a selling point to get a friend of yours to play it now?

Since the answer is no, I wouldn’t count LS as content that counts, really. Which is why a lot of players were against the idea of a LS in the first place because it is a lot of time and effort from the devs for something that players cannot play in the future, which is a waste.

Compared to other MMO’s, it isn’t that great because at least with expansion packs, the 30 bucks still get you more new zones than every LS update, but usually with a lot of other things attached to it.

Not a fan of LS at all. Sure it can be a fun way to break the mundane every few weeks, but their time would have been better spent giving us new zones, skins and possibly dungeons every few months. Imagine if, in the current state of the game, instead of the Lion’s Arch destruction and Scarlett angle, they just had 4 or 5 new explorable zones, a new dungeon and loads of new rare skins?

You wouldn’t just have those available to play, but then you’d have the excitement of wondering what their next new update would be that you can explore for the next few months, instead of a LS that may only give you something new for 2 weeks.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

One of my friends recently started playing World of Warcraft again after quitting something like a year ago. Funny thing is, she said the same thing about WoW, 2 days into the game.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

One of my friends recently started playing World of Warcraft again after quitting something like a year ago. Funny thing is, she said the same thing about WoW, 2 days into the game.

Well, WoW is in a unusual spot right now, because it’s between expansions. But it had tons of new content between MoP launching and now.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

It doesn’t really count, because if you miss it, it’s pretty much gone without a trace. Completely unlike other MMOs, where much of the older content will still be accessible AND worth doing!

As I missed maybe 70% of the LS, that had zero value to me. Teq and Wurm are only for the serious elite/hardcore (by Anet design!), EotM is irrelevant unless you WvW, PvP unless you PvP (and they REMOVED content rather than adding it!). All the awesome new weapon and armor art are strictly only for pay. So yeah that’s pretty close to zero, sadly.

It doesn’t have to be that way. The LS could leave permanent changes, improvements, and additions. So far it has only left permanent harm – i.e. destroying LA and leaving us with a less-functional version in Gendarran (with full functionality paywalled for important paying people, of course, which is pretty pathetic. You could argue that in some ways GW2 has LESS content now than it did a year ago!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well that makes sense… if she is starting over then she will be replaying the vanilla game for the first few weeks while she levels, which she probably already saw.

Of course after that she will see the first 2 years of WoW devlopment when she explores the outlands region. Then she will see the next 2 years of development as she levels through the Lich King zones. Then after that she will see the next 2 years of development as she levels through the cata zones. Then she will see the next 2 years of devlopment as she levels through the panda zones.

Additionally she will be able to complete and obtain all the mounts/gear/items/raids/dungeons from all of those zones as she chooses, to either unlock the skins or unique mounts, or just see the content.

Now lets compare that to GW2…. 2 years after release… All content removed, nothing new for a returning player to see. Achievements… removed… unique skins… removed…

Heck they even managed to remove an entire dungeon path since release.

Flytrap.8075

PvE-zerg-achievement-point-laundry-list-farmfests do not count as content.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

It doesn’t really count, because if you miss it, it’s pretty much gone without a trace. Completely unlike other MMOs, where much of the older content will still be accessible AND worth doing!

As I missed maybe 70% of the LS, that had zero value to me. Teq and Wurm are only for the serious elite/hardcore (by Anet design!), EotM is irrelevant unless you WvW, PvP unless you PvP (and they REMOVED content rather than adding it!). All the awesome new weapon and armor art are strictly only for pay. So yeah that’s pretty close to zero, sadly.

It doesn’t have to be that way. The LS could leave permanent changes, improvements, and additions. So far it has only left permanent harm – i.e. destroying LA and leaving us with a less-functional version in Gendarran (with full functionality paywalled for important paying people, of course, which is pretty pathetic. You could argue that in some ways GW2 has LESS content now than it did a year ago!

It just gave us new things and players apparently CAN’T accept anything new.
I would ask you in advance to save us from a wall of text becasue it is usually to try to argument about this specific points, it is a fact by this point: MMORPG players don’t like change, something proven from a philosophy standpoint, humanity in general don’t like change but also like to complain about what they have.

I see alot of people asking for content like WoW but did you know that WoW forums have the exact same threads about lack of content and tedious repeition?

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

The gemstore armour sets are cheaper than cultural Eurhetemec

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Flytrap.8075

I see alot of people asking for content like WoW but did you know that WoW forums have the exact same threads about lack of content and tedious repeition?

Guild Wars 2 has become one of the grindiest games out there; everything is designed to take a massive time investment and to lure you into swiping your credit card in order to get whatever it is that you want. Furthermore, all of the new goodies are locked behind the Gem Store and the stuff that ANet passes off as content is both dull and limited.

I’m not even going to waste my time trying to explain how boring this game has become; everything is just in a perpetual state of stagnancy. Too much focus was put into Scarlet’s Living Story, and now we’re paying the price.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

Sekhmet.6153

It just gave us new things and players apparently CAN’T accept anything new.
I would ask you in advance to save us from a wall of text becasue it is usually to try to argument about this specific points, it is a fact by this point: MMORPG players don’t like change, something proven from a philosophy standpoint, humanity in general don’t like change but also like to complain about what they have.

So people’s complaints are totally invalid because your philosophical epiphany proves we just hate change? People don’t just want things because everything is perfect and they’re just hard to please. At least thats not always the case.

Yes, there have been changes since launch, but the people saying there is almost new content aren’t just saying they hate the current changes, they’re saying the changes aren’t substantial to them and not what they expected.

Quite frankly, I expected more from the updates than just a few areas to do story events that would disappear in a few weeks after being introduced. Thats just my opinion and I’m not saying people are wrong for liking the changes, but it is certainly arguable that there are not many new things for a player just buying guild wars april 2014 to do that I did when the game first came out.

People likely just want to see a plan for releases that will last and not just disappear two weeks after we see it.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

I cant thank the dev team enough for the feature patch , well done guys

But looking into the future , in game ladders and templates Also awsome cant wait

Can we also expect to see in game Anet ruin daily, monthly tourneys ?

Fixed to you, you can thank me later .

Sorry for sarcasm, but Anet has ruined a lot of perfect mechanics, and even with the tons of ppl that are talking about it on forums, no response have been gaved. Sorry if I love this game, but I hate how someone on anet is destroying the game they own had created.

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

All living story events seams to be coming back in fractals so there is that

Lankybrit.4598

I recommend you go read some of their older blog posts and you’ll see what I’m talking about: endless carrots-on-a-stick, empty promises, and illusions of grandeur.

It’s ‘Delusions of grandeur’, but I see your point.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Can you play them now? Can a new player play them? Is it a selling point to get a friend of yours to play it now?

Since the answer is no, I wouldn’t count LS as content that counts, really. Which is why a lot of players were against the idea of a LS in the first place because it is a lot of time and effort from the devs for something that players cannot play in the future, which is a waste.

Compared to other MMO’s, it isn’t that great because at least with expansion packs, the 30 bucks still get you more new zones than every LS update, but usually with a lot of other things attached to it.

Not a fan of LS at all. Sure it can be a fun way to break the mundane every few weeks, but their time would have been better spent giving us new zones, skins and possibly dungeons every few months. Imagine if, in the current state of the game, instead of the Lion’s Arch destruction and Scarlett angle, they just had 4 or 5 new explorable zones, a new dungeon and loads of new rare skins?

You wouldn’t just have those available to play, but then you’d have the excitement of wondering what their next new update would be that you can explore for the next few months, instead of a LS that may only give you something new for 2 weeks.

I can play the new fractals now. I can do the new jumping puzzles now. I can play the new path of TA now. I can play the redesigned AC now. I can play the new Tequatl and Wurm now (though only at certain times). I can certainly play Edge of the Mists now. I can play the new PvP maps now. I can go to Southsun Island, and do the Karka Queen now.

For a game without an expansion we’ve had decent content updates, but the whole idea of this feature pack is laying the ground to make the core game better, so they can make real updates.

I’m 100% sure we’re getting at least one (and probably more) new zones in season two. The only thing holding it up is the Chinese release.

Posted by: Yggdrasill.7018

Yggdrasill.7018

Hands down the biggest issue

Lankybrit.4598

But there is SO MUCH content already. Have people really taken it ALL in already. There’s so much to do in the game that it would take someone years and years to experience it all.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Agree completely with the OP. Little hiccups and growing pains here and there, but a homerun for the most part.

Anytime any MMO changes something – no matter what it is – there is a percentage of the community that reacts negatively to that change – many doing so just because it is change and they have to readapt/relearn certain aspects of the game. It’s simple human nature.

Sekhmet.6153

I can play the new fractals now. I can do the new jumping puzzles now. I can play the new path of TA now. I can play the redesigned AC now. I can play the new Tequatl and Wurm now (though only at certain times). I can certainly play Edge of the Mists now. I can play the new PvP maps now. I can go to Southsun Island, and do the Karka Queen now.

For a game without an expansion we’ve had decent content updates, but the whole idea of this feature pack is laying the ground to make the core game better, so they can make real updates.

I’m 100% sure we’re getting at least one (and probably more) new zones in season two. The only thing holding it up is the Chinese release.

And I would counter the idea of only one or two zones after another year would mean that in 3 years GW2 would have added:

Fractals of the mists, a few jumping puzzles, 3 zones (southsun and the new ones that will be added), one new dungeon path in Twilight Arbor, Ascended armor and a few skins that were gem store only?

Obviously there could be much more in store than just a zone or two, but it just shows that after 2-3 years, an MMO should really be adding some substantial things so that gamers aren’t still doing the same things they’ve been playing for more than a few years. At least thats my view. After year 1, I’m understanding. After year 2, I’m a bit disappointed but I at least could hope they’ll change course. If after year 3, its more of the same but with just a few more zones, then I’d have to find something else to spend my time on.

It would be nice if instead of constant LS updates that get washed after weeks, they’d wait and do it every 3-4 months and release a couple of zones, skins and a dungeon that are all permanent.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

LS was a series of Temporary Events. Nothing new to the Genre, only the frequency.

EQ2 has had world storyline events for years. Miss the event, miss the unique items and content, same as here.

Difference is.. those Storyline Events are not a replacement for new expansion content. They are in addition to expansion content. Often they are used as the backstory lines leading in expansion content.

Honestly, having some of both kinds of “content” would be the best. And isn’t gonna happen. It’s not “Innovative”.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They added in a lot of content its just on a rotation like in GW1. I guess you could keep the same thing there but that would defeat the ideal of having a LIVING world it would just be a stander mmorpg where about 90 ish events are going on at the same time in the same zone that comply destroy any type of progression of a story line.
And realty that how mmorpgs most of there content are from there first date of starting up often you not going to see much more that big all at once your going to have a build up over time but TIME is a must. As things stand we had some major updates and add on that have stayed arone and it sounds like once they work out the kinks in the new system they are going to aggressively add in more content mainly maps.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: gianz.2513

gianz.2513

features that dont exists a year and half:

well i guess you two are blind to see the changes in these game from a year and a half.

Sekhmet.6153

LS was a series of Temporary Events. Nothing new to the Genre, only the scale.

EQ2 has had world storyline events for years. Miss the event, miss the unique items and content, same as here.

Difference is.. those Storyline Events are not a replacement for new expansion content. They are in addition to expansion content.

Honestly, having some of both kinds of “content” would be the best. And isn’t gonna happen. It’s not “Innovative”.

I would much prefer both, but I just don’t the the dev team is big enough or capable of working on monthly story events as well as yearly expansions. If they are, then that would be the best way to fix most issues players have with content. I wouldn’t necessarily even care if the Living Story only popped up every couple of months in that case.

Flytrap.8075

well i guess you two are blind to see the changes in these game from a year and a half.

I will admit that the wardrobe update was a nice addition, but aside from that, what did we really get that adds value to the game?

sPvP reward track? That should have been in the game since release.

Account bound World XP? I’m glad that it’s finally here and it only took a year and a half of complaining to get it.

All of the other changes tie to the game’s economy to reduce your income and to make the Gem Store more appealing.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Well this is way off topic since I’m not complaining, and that seems to be the topic here, but I hope the next super adventure box stays permanently!

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

gianz.2513

I will admit that the wardrobe update was a nice addition, but aside from that, what did we really get that adds value to the game?

Account bound World XP? I’m glad that it’s finally here and it only took a year and a half of complaining to get it.

All of the other changes tie to the game’s economy to reduce your income and to make the Gem Store more appealing.

how about fractals, new fractal dungeons, exciting living story, edge of the mist, balance updates. improved reward system.ascended armors, ascended weapons, new world bosses, improved world bosses, world boss schedules, megaservers. o god i cant name it all.

Flytrap.8075

how about fractals, new fractal dungeons, exciting living story, edge of the mist, balance updates. improved reward system.ascended armors, ascended weapons, new world bosses, improved world bosses, world boss schedules, megaservers. o god i cant name it all.

Balance updates? That’s their job.

Ascended items? They promised that Exotics were the be-all-end-all, that GW2 would never have a gear treadmill, and that they don’t make grindy games. Don’t get me started.

New world bosses? The last thing this game needs is more world events that you zerg down for two to three green items.

Living Story? Limited content is exactly that: Limited.

Edge of the Mists? It’s a PvE karma train map where you happen to have the ability to kill other players. The map itself is beautiful, but the game-play is seriously lacking.

Megaservers? This is probably the most hated update in the history of Guild Wars 2.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Jski.6180

Ascended items? They promised that Exotics were the be-all-end-all, that GW2 would never have a gear treadmill, and that they don’t make grindy games. Don’t get me started.

New world bosses? The last thing this game needs is more world events that you zerg down for two to three green items.

Megaservers? This is probably the most hated update in the history of Guild Wars 2.

It was a good update.

They never said that your making things up.

Large scaled events should take wait for it….. a large number of ppl.

The Megaservers update is the most reviling update showing ppl raw hate for ppl who are not like them. So they are going to rant and rave very loudly.

gianz.2513

well i guess it doesnt matter how the way you look at this updates. the point is we are not playing the exact game a year and a half ago as you had said. the game improved. and that improvement will lead to a bright future as this topic said.

Flytrap.8075

I wish I was. You should go watch their Manifesto video and take note of the massive disparities between the game they advertised and what we have right now.

I’ve learned to take everything that Colin says with a grain of salt.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: RealBGB.9132

RealBGB.9132

I think that a long with living story, they should make an add on for the personal story as well. So on top of the world events part of the living story there are also personal missions you can do for even more rewards. They then could leave these in game so people that are behind can do these to get caught up on the world story line at that point. I know its too late for the Scarlett line, but it would be pretty cool if they added it for season 2.

Its okay to be a little Goofy

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Yeap.

Jski.6180

I wish I was. You should go watch their Manifesto video and take note of the massive disparities between the game they advertised and what we have right now.

I’ve learned to take everything that Colin says with a grain of salt.

No sry that was about required gear and exotic is not even required you can do every thing in greens some ppl can do every thing in blues. That was also aimed at games like WoW where you get a new gear set that you NEED to get to the next level of progression and story in a game (its ever 6 months or so for that game i think).

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

I never understand why people get mad when a feature comes out to entice you to spend money…anet is a company and they don’t add features for kittens and giggles. They do it to drive revenue.

Flytrap.8075

No sry that was about required gear and exotic is not even required you can do every thing in greens some ppl can do every thing in blues. That was also aimed at games like WoW where you get a new gear set that you NEED to get to the next level of progression and story in a game (its ever 6 months or so for that game i think).

Take a look at any serious WvW community or Fractal group and come back and tell me that Exotics or better aren’t mandatory.

I don’t understand the logical gymnastics that you used to reach this conclusion, but whatever.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

Take a look at any serious WvW community or Fractal group and come back and tell me that Exotics or better aren’t mandatory.

I don’t understand the logical gymnastics that you used to reach this conclusion, but whatever.

lol. logical gymnastics. love it.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

well i guess it doesnt matter how the way you look at this updates. the point is we are not playing the exact game a year and a half ago as you had said. the game improved. and that improvement will lead to a bright future as this topic said.

I see that as a matter of perspective. Yes, there have been additions and changes to the game. There have been positives and negatives. However, from my perspective, the negatives vastly outweigh the positives. The game since launch has moved directly away from the game I waited five years for and bought. So, GW2 the product was great, but GW2 the ongoing service is not.

ANet has been “telling” us (by their actions) for some time now that players who:

• prefer exploration to herd play of the same things over and over again
  • prefer to avoid the massive headache inducing particle spam that makes up “featured” events
  • want new, permanent zones
  • want new dungeons

that we are more bother than we’re worth and that we are not even on their radar as favored consumers. GW2 may have a bright future, but unless management throws me a bone from time to time, I’m unlikely to be part of it — and ANet can build it without my money.

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

But I don’t see the future as bright. I just see it as stagnant.

gianz.2513

I see that as a matter of perspective. Yes, there have been additions and changes to the game. There have been positives and negatives. However, from my perspective, the negatives vastly outweigh the positives. The game since launch has moved directly away from the game I waited five years for and bought. So, GW2 the product was great, but GW2 the ongoing service is not.

ANet has been “telling” us (by their actions) for some time now that players who:

• prefer exploration to herd play of the same things over and over again
  • prefer to avoid the massive headache inducing particle spam that makes up “featured” events
  • want new, permanent zones
  • want new dungeons

that we are more bother than we’re worth and that we are not even on their radar as favored consumers. GW2 may have a bright future, but unless management throws me a bone from time to time, I’m unlikely to be part of it — and ANet can build it without my money.

can you please be more specific. can you please enlighten me and outweigh specifically these negatives and positives so i can see what you are saying.