Future of Underwater content LS season 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flipside.4152

Flipside.4152

OK ill be honest on asking this question. Im on the fence on making the legendary trident Kraitkin since all updates point to the downplaying of underwater combat. Heck the combat is wonky at best and they even removed underwater combat completely from SPvP.

I have The Gift of Mastery, Gift of Fortune and the precursor and all thats missing is the gift of Kraitkin.

Is there any chance, and I mean Im just making wishful thinking here, to have a revamp of underwater combat or incorporating it in the next LS? I understand that the current clues right now point to the Maguuma Wastes and not a Bubbles related LS but is there any reason for me to go on making this legendary when A net seems to giving the middle finger on underwater combat right now? Pity because the underwater sections are one of the most beautiful areas I’ve seen in the game.

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

I hope they do keep and enhance underwater combat, if for no other reason than for the fact i think Kraitskin is one of the few legendaries that doesn’t look bad.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I like the underwater sections of the game, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for major new developments in that area in the near future. Aquatic combat has some baggage that goes along with it that land-based combat simply doesn’t have, and while it’s neat, I don’t think it’s ever been outrageously popular, either.

Weapon and skill options are a lot more limited underwater; for example, my ranger can’t use traps at all, which can be a problem if I’ve traited for it. Most characters have one, maybe two elite skills that work underwater, and only one or two weapon options. There’s just no room for significant diversity there, so adding new underwater combat has some significant hurtles to overcome to compete with just adding more ground combat.

Things could change in the future, of course, but we’ve never heard any plans for it, and it’s removal from PvP doesn’t exactly suggest that the devs are in love with it, which seems like the only way it could grab all the extra attention it would need.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

I don’t really see a whole lot of UW content in S2 of Living Story just because of the area it’ll happen in (Maguuma Wastes/Magus Falls.) But in future LS content there will eventually be a huge focus on UW content because of the DSD

Posted by: Blinka.9078

Blinka.9078

I also belive anet wont go that way…
Although I loved to see how a world boss fight be in underwater.