G600 or G500S Logitech Gaming Mouse

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Hey guys,

I recieved a G500S from my mom, but I already have a G600. I have no clue which one would be better for GW2 gaming (that comes down to more buttons for me), and I don’t want to seem ungrateful, but which one has higher performance?

Merry Christmas everyone

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

All I can recommend is a Razer Naga.

There are more than enough buttons on it to play most games.

The only downside I have experienced is that it tends to double-click, which is extremely frustrating.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

From accuracy and “performance” the G500s is better but rather for shooters.

The G600 is more MMO (even tho i could never use all these buttons)

Reaper – Anguîsh

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

It’s mostly subjective, what feels right in your hand. I considered the G600 but went with G700, and later G700S. I am quite happy with its performance. I specifically wanted side buttons, but not fifty billion of them. My personal choice would be the G500S.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Personally, I much prefer the shape of the G500S. Good old MX5XX design. Have had like… 10 of those variants, all worn out lol.

Performance wise, all mice are pretty much the same. Only the extremely attuned people can tell the difference between a modern laser mouse and an optical one and in the case of the G500S and G600 that’s not even the case – they have the same laser sensor. That said I’d pick a good optical sensor over a laser any day of the week (my choice at the moment is the Deathadder 2013).

In terms of extra buttons, GW2 doesnt really require that much. Weapon swap and dodge is what I have on my mouse (two thumb buttons). That is all. I had a WoW Cata mouse before and didnt even use the “MMO designed” buttons.

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

Honestly it all comes down to how it feels. I had a g600 and I actually downgraded to the G300 because it felt more natural to me. Not only that but it has just enough buttons for me to used (ele) Look behind, all 3 utilities, heal, elite.

As the others said though I’ll reiterate: Whatever feels good.

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

I got G600 im using it for Gw2, Dota2, LoL and even some FPS games. i recommend it.

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I hate that, when companies stick a letter or two after numbers. What the hell is that about and what do they even mean?

Nvidia do it too and it seems to confuse more than help. I read someone here that had something like a gtx680(ti?) or something that is apparently less powerful than a 9600gtx. Things like that leave me scratching my head.

Rant over, I’m a g700 user and honestly have no complaints. Read reviews on Amazon or something and maybe you’ll get an idea of which sounds better for you.

I generally avoid 1 and 5 star reviews as they can be biased either way. 1 star reviews can be funny reading though

(edited by Paul.4081)

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

All I can recommend is a Razer Naga.

There are more than enough buttons on it to play most games.

The only downside I have experienced is that it tends to double-click, which is extremely frustrating.

I have had the double click issue twice before on the left clicker of Razer’s. Stopped buying Razer products.

G500 and never turned away, one of the best on the market, and plenty of buttons for GW2.

I don’t care for those “mmo” gaming mouse, far to many buttons, and too small for my hands.

JQ Druid

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Had a G700, but G600 is the way to go, especially if you play a class which uses a lot of F keys.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I only ever used two thumb button in GW2 so the 4-side buttons I have on my G700 aren’t really necessary.

Try both and make your choice then. Just remember that you can probably only return one of them for a full refund. Stay away from Razer Nagas. They’re built for tiny hands and made for WoW-generation MMOs where you needed all those buttons. But nowadays you don’t.

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

I use a RAT …

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I love my G600

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

G600 all the way. For mmo anyway. The ability to have all my key binds on a mouse and reduce my left hand keyboard movement and being able to keep it centrally located tops anything I’ve come across so far. The movement is smooth and the hand position is extremely comfortable and the extra finger spot tops off the comfy charts.

Love it and a little extra is the ability to mess with the colors and light timing, etc.

Edit, someone else said it just wanted to reiterate. Playing a prof with a lot of key binds… Guard, ele, engi for example… Let’s me put all my f skills and utility skills on my mouse and still have room for more.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

(edited by Treborlavok.3504)

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

G600 all the way. The first bank of 6 thumb buttons + the GShift functionality gives you great control in combat with the 2nd bank for ancillary functions.

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

I had the G600 and I couldn’t stand it. I think it looks brilliant and the buttons can come in handy, but it didn’t feel accurate at all, even after tinkering with its software (maybe I received a faulty one). Speaking of the software, if you are unlucky enough to get an older build mouse, you won’t be able to update its driver. The G600 was too small for me as well. I sent it back and got a Mionix Naos instead, which is very comfortable and I like it a lot.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I have a G600.

I can’t imagine playing with anything else now for any game that has skill activations with multiple keys.

In GW2, I only need to use the keyboard for WASDQE, R,F, Ctrl, Alt, Shift and space.

Everything else goes in the mouse. I even set the mouses’s shift key to activate the F1-F4 skills by pressing mouseshift+1-4. Makes playing as elementalist or engineer much, much easier.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Been using a G500 for 3 years now. Love it.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I have a G600.

I can’t imagine playing with anything else now for any game that has skill activations with multiple keys.

In GW2, I only need to use the keyboard for WASDQE, R,F, Ctrl, Alt, Shift and space.

Everything else goes in the mouse. I even set the mouses’s shift key to activate the F1-F4 skills by pressing mouseshift+1-4. Makes playing as elementalist or engineer much, much easier.

I only use they keyboard for skills 1-5 and for space- the rest is on my mouse- my left hand is stupid :p
I love my g600

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I’m using a G500 now (older edition) and I can say that I love this mouse. However, since I like to have ALL of my skills on the mouse, if you were me I would suggest to you(me) to look into the G600 or Naga.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: SQLOwns.7316

SQLOwns.7316

I use a G600. It works out pretty well. Every once in a while the pointer will “reset”, so I wouldn’t recommend it for an FPS, I use it for everything else though.

SQL Owns – Elementalist
Dragon Steel [DSL]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I love my G600. At start it was a pain to learn all the buttons (I’m an Ele) but after it became a mechanic and I love it.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

I still use a Logitech G2xx something from ages past. Those things last forever.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I use a G600. It works out pretty well. Every once in a while the pointer will “reset”, so I wouldn’t recommend it for an FPS, I use it for everything else though.

That happened to me for some time.

The heat from the laptop was softening the varnish of the table, and the mouse was not able to track well.

I grabbed some sandpaper and scratched it a bit to make it rougher (yeah, I know, I should have used a mousepad, but it was late, shops were closed, that was faster).

Maybe the surface you are using is not the best one for an infrared mouse.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Would go with G500s, used to use G5 and loved that mouse to bits… it was a sad day when it died :’( …
G600 throws me of with those side buttons… I know you can get used to em but (used to use M570, laser trackball, played quake/sc1/ut2k4 with it well)… are they needed?
I use G9 mouse now, really solid as well.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I have the G600 i think and it’s good.