Gem Store Specials

Gem Store Specials

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jasper Defthand.3018

Jasper Defthand.3018

There have been a number of really great and not so great specials in the gem store over the past week in honor of the 3rd birthday of gw2. Notably the return of the wings /cringe(not my thing, but a massive number of people love them so good for them), the return of the silverfed salvage-o-matic(YESSSS), various minis, gathering tools, and most notable rare weapon skins. I picked up both of Margery’s weapons as I am making a necro for the new reaper specialization(scythe wielding maniac, yes please). However I main as a ranger and everytime Rox’s quiver has come through the GS I have for one reason or another been unable to play the game, either on a field op or deployment(I’m military). So to bring this to conclusion, FOR THE LOVE OF MELANDRU, PLEASE ADD ROX’S QUIVER TO TRADEPOST ASAP!!!!…. also Belinda’s Greatsword and chainwhip sword.

(edited by Jasper Defthand.3018)

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

Sorry to say, but you already missed the Quiver

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yeah quiver went on over the weekend I believe and ended yesterday

Gem Store Specials

Jasper Defthand.3018

Are you guys on American servers? I been religious about constantly logging on to check the gem store everyday for it.

Gem Store Specials

Randulf.7614

Are you guys on american servers?

UK/EU

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The sale is the same NA or EU. Check https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Anniversary-Sales-Updates/first for the daily update of what’s for sale.

Gem Store Specials

Donari.5237

I’m sorry you missed it

But the forums have been tracking the sale, and there’s been a lot of publicity that there would be new things each day and the first ten days would be wiped on the tenth day. If you were out in the field and had no time for the internet at all, that is a sadness and I wish I’d known, I would have gifted it to you (possibly hoping you’d gift me something of equal value later, but I never put strings on such things). If you just didn’t bother to check for a minute each day in case what you wanted was there, that, I fear, is on you.

Gem Store Specials

Jasper Defthand.3018

I sent them an email, maybe if they are really cool they’ll help me out… but then again that may be only wishful thinking, I’m kind of use to MMO companies not really caring about their customers on the individual level. Arenanet however tends to try to break from normal paradigms of MMOs, maybe they’ll show that conviction with me…

Gem Store Specials

Randulf.7614

A support ticket seems reasonable, although if they do it for one person, the precedent is set to have to do it for everyone. Then comes the dilemma of what’s their timeframe for doing such things..

Whilst I hope you get the quiver sooner rather than later, I doubt they will surprise anyone with their response.

Gem Store Specials

Jasper Defthand.3018

Well, I look at it as they put it out there for such a short time that if someone like me who’s been waiting for that specific item missed it, then there’s probably a whole host of individuals that want it and missed out which means that anet missed out on a lot of money. Maybe they’ll put it back out there again in good faith to their customers for long enough for us all to pick it up.

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

In the same thread it say the information about the Quiver was taken from Dulfy, as the writer of the list don’t saw the changes on the Gemstore. I must add I don’t remember Rox Quiver being available on the GS during last week…
Could it have been a bug?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Gem Store Specials

Jasper Defthand.3018

Who’s knows, all I know is I logged on every single day since this anniversary sale started and I NEVER saw it. I don’t know if thats a bug on Dulfy or on the GS itself, but I sent a ticket in over this. As I stated in my original post up there, things like Rox’s Quiver which I coveted for so long always pops through the GS during times when I’m not able to log on for one reason or another, and It just so happens to be a period of time right now when I can be on every day for the duration of this sale and if I’m seriously missing out on it at a time like this then honestly I’m extremely livid right now.

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

For some reason the Quiver (and the other items that went on sale that day, which was Rox’ Shortbow, Braham’s stuff, and the Unicorn Finisher) didn’t get put at the top of the “promotions” page like new stuff usually does.

They were definitely there in the Gem Store, but you had to look towards the bottom of the promotion page or just check the normal style / finisher categories to find them.

Gem Store Specials

Jasper Defthand.3018

So basically you’re saying that items of real value got overshadowed and kicked to the curb by… minis… I don’t even care about them being on sale… I would pay full price for the quiver had I known it was in there…

Gem Store Specials

Jasper Defthand.3018

I’m really livid now, I missed out on my long coveted back item because anet decided to prioritize a bunch of run of the mill minis… I’m really disappointed in anet this day… they really let me down…

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you’re that desperate to get a specific item why would you only check the top of the promotions page? Scrolling all the way down doesn’t take long at all, but if you wanted to make sure you could also have checked the Style tab to see if it was on there.

I’ve been waiting for bank tabs to go on sale and that’s what I do. I check the promotions tab, then go to Upgrades and scroll down to find the bank tab just to make sure I haven’t missed it. It takes a few seconds at most and is well worth it IMO if you really want something.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

So basically you’re saying that items of real value got overshadowed and kicked to the curb by… minis… I don’t even care about them being on sale… I would pay full price for the quiver had I known it was in there…

Not kicked out by minis, no. The Rox quiver went on sale… 2 days before the minis I believe? The day right after the Black Lion key sale. It was just some bug or oversight that made them not jump to the top of the promotion page even when they were first put up. Lot of people thought there was no sale that day because of it.

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

funny how convenient that a “bug” hits on the exact item so many are dying to get their hands on…

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Not kicked out by minis, no. The Rox quiver went on sale… 2 days before the minis I believe? The day right after the Black Lion key sale. It was just some bug or oversight that made them not jump to the top of the promotion page even when they were first put up. Lot of people thought there was no sale that day because of it.

Correct. Two days earlier, and would have still been on sale when the OP bought the silver-fed salvage doohickey.

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Valentine.4286

Valentine.4286

@OP, I dont know if this will help buuut… I got the quiver and it looks good!!
On a side note, blaming Anet for not being able to scroll the whole promotion page is dumb. I did, and I got it. And the minis didnt even show up before after the quiver went away (unless I remember sightly wrong).
Edit; electro beat me to it(:

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

They really need to let you create a watchlist, so you’re emailed immediately when a certain item becomes available for purchase again, or goes on sale below a certain price threshold you’ve set. It’s 2015, not 1995 when people were first trying to figure this whole ecommerce thing out.

Gem Store Specials

Jasper Defthand.3018

I’m sorry if I come off as noob/ignorant by not being adamant about checking the entire gemstore, I can’t always log on and spend 20min looking through the entire store, sometimes I can only log in quick, check the highlights of the new sales that day and then logout. However I have talked with numerous other friends in game and most say they missed it as well so intentional or not, anet made it inconvenient to check for this particular item in the GS.

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If it takes you 20 minutes to search for an item in the gem store you’re doing something wrong. It takes me less than a minute to read the entire promotions tab, even when there’s a lot on there as there is now (and I read slowly).

I completely understand not being able to log in every day (I was literally unable to log in from Thursday night – Monday night because I wasn’t around a computer that could run the game), but if you can pick up the login reward you can check the gem store, and if there’s an item you really want and you’ve been “religious about constantly logging on to check the gem store everyday for it” then it shouldn’t be hard or time consuming to find it when it’s there.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

Inconvenient in that is was only up for 2days yes. But on the forums/reddit there was daily posts/updates about the sale. If you were only checking the highlighted items vs the promotion tab during this sale event and you missed something then that is on you.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

Gem Store Specials

Jasper Defthand.3018

20min is obviously an exaggeration for dramatic effect, the point is I don’t alway got time look through everything, I job and family. They should have made it more pronounced that it was on sale(putting it in the highlights, deal of day or w/e) but instead all I saw was worthless minis. In the end I’m kittened. Guess I’m gonna have to look into getting some kind of texmod so I can at least reskin my back item for my own personal viewing pleasure.

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

20min is obviously an exaggeration for dramatic effect, the point is I don’t alway got time look through everything, I job and family. They should have made it more pronounced that it was on sale(putting it in the highlights, deal of day or w/e) but instead all I saw was worthless minis. In the end I’m kittened. Guess I’m gonna have to look into getting some kind of texmod so I can at least reskin my back item for my own personal viewing pleasure.

I don’t think the quiver was in the gem store the same day as the minis. The minis went in during the morning on the 31st, and the first 10 Days items (including the quiver, which was put in on the morning of the 29th) were gone before those were put in. I do agree that sometimes they need to make sure the sale items show up in the Highlights area, but you could also just make sure to check the Promotions tab (which will always have the current sale items up).

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I got the quiver just waiting for toxic gear now and PLEASE LOWER THE FRICKING GOLD TO GEMS PRICE OMG I get demand is higher but for a group of complaining people you sure do want the stuff enough to break the economy

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

Yea I was busy with PAX things and missed the quiver as well. Been wanting that item for ages but the timing never seems to line up for me Also sad I missed the minis >< Just not having much luck this time around.

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: derry.2789

derry.2789

I returned to the game two days ago after over a year off, absolutely gutted about just missing the wings. Think they’ll be coming back in the near future?

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

That’s not what he’s saying. The quiver was on sale over the weekend, before the minis went on sale. It was there for both Saturday and sunday at least. You have only yourself to blame.

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

You people are being downright cruel. It’s easy to miss stuff on the gem store.

In addition to that, there hasn’t been any official announcements beyond the day 1 sale. It tends to be a forum dig or reddit dig process to try to find out what’s available.

I can understand not looking down the entire (one/two line large icon) list every day when that information should be up and prominent. I can also understand scrolling that list anyway and missing something because it just seems to be designed that way.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

Braham’s shield and rox’s quiver were both added an hour (maybe more maybe less?) to the gem store after the unicorn finisher.

It also didn’t help that all the PAX HoT annoucements buried the sale thread on reddit.

I was able to get the quiver, but I can see how some people may have missed it.

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

I returned to the game two days ago after over a year off, absolutely gutted about just missing the wings. Think they’ll be coming back in the near future?

I’m sure they’ll be back, no idea how soon™ it’ll be though.

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: Endlos.4852

Endlos.4852

Belinda’s Greatsword and chainwhip sword.

These things. I want them. And the Grenth hood.

Gem Store Specials

Posted by: uncomfortably energetic.9153

uncomfortably energetic.9153

Belinda’s Greatsword and chainwhip sword.

These things. I want them. And the Grenth hood.

I literally gave up hope yesterday and spent $100 on booze for the weekend. The whole trying to make real money bought items exclusive through limited time sales is just a kitten stupid idea from the start and whoever is running the store needs to find themselves at the far end of the unemployement line.

Gem Store Specials

Jasper Defthand.3018

Contacted support and they were very understanding of my predicament, they were happy to help me out

Gem Store Specials

Randulf.7614

Contacted support and they were very understanding of my predicament, they were happy to help me out

I’m surprised, but I’m glad to hear you got your skin.

Gem Store Specials

Donari.5237

I’m glad you got it!

Heads up, Belinda’s GS just showed up, and will be here until tomorrow. Ditto the Shadow Assassin outfit.

Gem Store Specials

Jasper Defthand.3018

Not that concerned about the outfite, grabbed the sword the second i saw it mwahahahaa