GEM Store Christmas Sale a Flop

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JellyBeans.4918

JellyBeans.4918

I was expecting something better. The items on sale in the GEM store this Christmas are boring at best.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Indeed. I want more stuff and old armor skins back, please!!!

Posted by: SleepOutside.7638

SleepOutside.7638

Its a Big Disappointment.

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

how about more new armor sets? If a full set is too much work, COMPLETE one like lawless, toxic, glacial, dragonscale, pirate, scarlet, etc etc

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

They always are. They’ve never actually had a good “sale” exempting the single instance they had BL Keys at 50% off.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Christmas is always the samey.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

The interesting gem store sales usually start soon after Christmas to give those players who receive gems as gifts from family/friends stuff to buy.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: JellyBeans.4918

JellyBeans.4918

quote: “The interesting gem store sales usually start soon after Christmas to give those players who receive gems as gifts from family/friends stuff to buy.”

I hope so, I wanted to buy some presents for a couple of people, but the stuff they have on sale is so underwhelming. This was such a good opportunity for Anet to make some money. A good GEM store Christmas sale would have been big. But even though I have money to spend, they are not doing a very good job of motivating me to spend it here. I’m going to have to shop for presents on Steam I guess.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I hope so, I wanted to buy some presents for a couple of people, but the stuff they have on sale is so underwhelming. This was such a good opportunity for Anet to make some money. A good GEM store Christmas sale would have been big. But even though I have money to spend, they are not doing a very good job of motivating me to spend it here. I’m going to have to shop for presents on Steam I guess.

Exactly. I definitely expected at least some old skins to come back today but the Gem Store is almost empty. However, there are HUGE sales in the other MMO I play so I’m about to go on a spending spree over there. XD

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They don’t want your money. If they did, they’d bring back Gemstore armor faster than every 6 months or so and capitalize on people begging them to give them things to buy on major holidays. They’d also make the Gemstore better looking than some dusty window with a few tatty offerings in a neglected brick and mortar retail store.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I wish they would invent/offer more “upgrades” or even expand their offerings. More things like nodes, shared slots, bank tab, storage expander that “improve” your account. I have enough outfits and gliders already. Get creative! Gimme something shiny!

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

They don’t want your money. If they did, they’d bring back Gemstore armor faster than every 6 months or so and capitalize on people begging them to give them things to buy on major holidays. They’d also make the Gemstore better looking than some dusty window with a few tatty offerings in a neglected brick and mortar retail store.

Lol, you put my feelings about GW2’s gem store in general into words. It seems especially dusty and tatty during prime time for sales, but especially today- just pathetic. Between few offerings and the almost never rotation of armor skins that players have been begging to see back in the store so they can buy them, I just don’t understand Anet’s store tactics at all. It truly does seem they want to throttle how much their customers spend. I’ve gotten pretty disgusted with it.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They had their Black Friday sale last month. Expect a sale after Christmas going through the New Year if the last few years taught us anything.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Mizukiaki.8590

Mizukiaki.8590

Don’t forget the Mini Festive Aurene is coming soon. She will make up for that awful outfit they added. The crown they are adding is very nice too.

Great games come and go, but the Awesome games are endless!!
Matron Kaldona Kye, Mesmer GW since launch.
Matron Kaldona Kye, Sylvari Chronomancer GW2 since closed Beta.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I want NEW armorskins from gemstore!!
But if they’re going to add something old back, please add Aetherblade bundles back!!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I want NEW armorskins from gemstore!!
But if they’re going to add something old back, please add Aetherblade bundles back!!

They’ve said that is extremely unlikely numerous times. Armors “cost” too much to make to only sell them for 800 gems. Items in the Gem Shop need to be quickly profitable and that’s what outfits can do that armor skins can’t.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Eh, I actually bought an outfit for the first time since I started playing 3+ years ago. The ice outfit that was recently released is actually really cool and I like it.

Although, I do agree that the gem store is lacking in anything that can be considered “worth it” nowadays. I bought nearly $100 worth of gems in the past couple of days and all I have to show for it is a couple of new weapon skins, a new outfit, a new pair of wings, and a couple bank/inventory expansions. Granted, I gambled a little bit on the black lion chests, but you’d still think that there would be better loot from those stupid boxes.

Although I like the outfit, I don’t think I’m going to buy any more… simply because it’s not possible to mix-and-match, which is dumb. Outfits need to be gotten rid of.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]