GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Soren organizes and pays for the Guild Spawn, and Kenage leads the zerg. Both are capable players, and I don’t doubt their strategies. Most players in the zerg are current or former TTS members who know what to do, while pugs follow the lead. I don’t blame the failure on the Commanders, the Turrets, or the pugs honestly. I blame Teq for pulling a Goku, and making me feel like Krillin punching air.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: merforga.4731

merforga.4731

Most players in the zerg are current or former TTS members who know what to do, while pugs follow the lead.

You use a different strategy to TTS. Just because there’s a few people on the map with the Tag, doesn’t mean they can carry you if you’re not using the same strategy. The current strategy requires a critical mass on the DD spot to be effective. From the whispers I heard, you guys stacked on the right foot for this particular attempt, which to be honest, is extremely ineffective since your zerg is going to be on their butt longer than they’re actually doing damage. This has always been the case, even before the change.

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Another notch on the belt. Definitely wasn’t a pretty win. 0 seconds left on the clock, but he still died

Attachments:

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

First Off: TTS is in no way affiliated with GSCH/SORC and I’d appreciate if you leave them out of this convo. Not once have I ever run this event as part of TTS. It took over Wild Wed and Mon Madness which were never a double spawn.

Second: Teq isn’t broken, but when half the zerg is doing their own thing and the other half is doing what Kenage and I have asked of course we’re going to fail. Not to mention the lack of wpt and run back <<. If you want to criticize the way I lead knock yourself out or just don’t come to the 2 for 1 event. It’’s not hard. I have reasons why I don’t have my team stay on the crit spot after Teq comes out of stun phase and I’ve explained it in chat numerous times. Both runs (we’re 2/4 btw) we failed had 90% of the zerg dead on Teq’s first stomp after the stun phase. To mitigate it we pull people to the foot. That fail on Wed, if the zerg would have restacked on Kenage, would have finished with 3 minutes left…. A win is still a win even if it has 0:01 secs left on the clock. I’m not trying to set records with my event. If we get the same results but with a slower time who cares. Why is everyone getting so bent out of shape over this?

If you don’t like the way I lead that’s fine. But leave GSCH/SORC out of it. At the end of the day you have the choice to come to the event or not. But if you do all I ask is that you work with me rather than against me….

Edit:
And for the record I’m no longer TTS. Haven’t been for quite some time now.
2 for 1 BBQ nights are by nature a loosely coordinated Pug map, we aren’t hard core

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

(edited by Soren.9316)

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I just want to note that my guild and its partners in the Jade Quarry Tequatl alliance (MAGI, VG, TWIT) have been able to kill Teq every night since the HP buff. Tonight, with Symbolic Avenger disabled, we completed the event at the 6:57 mark. I think one factor that we can attribute our success to, aside, of course, from meleeing/stacking at the correct spot, is that we’ve also formed a dedicated defense team of elementalists armed with Swirling Winds to help protect the zerg.

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Since i didn’t see the link to the teq kill from EG here is it. This is post SA disabling.

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Did you leave after the first Tequatl fight?

Well, guess what Mister – we BEAT Teq’s BUTT on the second pass with lots of time to spare.

So, with all respect, you have no idea what you are talking about, Penguin.

Props to Soren and Kenage for their awesome commanderingstuffs.

:D

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Many people here have commented and provided criticisms on how you can possibly improve on Teq and get the kill yet you seem to ignore them for some odd reason citing “exploiting” when things like the double damage spot have been in the game not just for Teq, but for other world bosses since day 1.

Rather than whining about it, try alternative strategies, or proven strategies to see what works for your guild. None of the current strategies are exploity at all if that’s your concern. If it was impossible, there’d be a much a larger out cry by now, but the fact of the matter is, it isn’t. Things change and you just have to adapt appropriately =)

Before I go on I would like to point out that I never accused anyone of exploiting. I would also like to clarify that by saying that, I am not assuming you were targeting me with your post.

Now, I do not agree that having the ‘double damage’ spot or ‘early damage’ spot since day one merits intentional design. In my opinion, it’s an oversight. You should not be able to smack the floor to hit a non-present dragon. That is why I strongly believe they buffed the wrong thing for crit damage.

Aside from that, I am looking forward to adapting to change. When the crit change is implemented successfully, placing the weight more on zerker gear than soldier gear, we should have a fight that is more difficult than Teq pre-patch. More dodging and jumping will be required to compensate for the lack of soldier defense. In return, a good group should be able to complete the event faster than before. Rewarding coordination with faster victories, and dampening the stand-around 1 1 1 1 effect.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Smooth Penguin.5294

I can’t always stay for a double kill. Penguin is sad to miss yesterday’s 2nd run. As I stated, Soren and Kenage do wonders with the weekly runs. But my criticism of the double HP buff still stands. I guestimate that it’s around 20 million HP now with full map scaling. If this were tweaked a tiny bit, Teq would be in the perfect place.

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

TTS beat both teq and wurm at reset today. No issues with either. And from the sound of it your GSCH guild has figured things out as well. You really shouldn’t be dragging either guild into this.

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Smooth Penguin.5294

TTS beat both teq and wurm at reset today. No issues with either. And from the sound of it your GSCH guild has figured things out as well. You really shouldn’t be dragging either guild into this.

It’s not about the guilds, mate. Both have expert players that are respected across NA and EU. Gotta read the OP instead of skimming or reading troll responses.

It’s about the buff. I think it was too much. Yes Teq is still doable, as Merf stated.

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: Briadonis.8907

Briadonis.8907

Teq’s in a great spot at the moment imo. It’s of sufficient difficulty that it requires some coordination and player skill, yet not overly difficult that it’s impossible without voice chat.

Your definition of “great spot” is seriously flawed. I have yet to succeed without voice chat or broken traits. So I have to disagree with your assessment of the situation.

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: merforga.4731

merforga.4731

Your definition of “great spot” is seriously flawed. I have yet to succeed without voice chat or broken traits. So I have to disagree with your assessment of the situation.

Honestly, it’ll just take some time for the general member base to adapt to the new strategies. The health buff with the disabled OP traits have been out for what, less than 3 days? If you were around for the first time Teq was revamped, it took a good month or two at least for people to understand how to take Teq down and then it became just another tick box in the world boss train. Give it some time =)

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: Briadonis.8907

Briadonis.8907

Honestly, it’ll just take some time for the general member base to adapt to the new strategies. The health buff with the disabled OP traits have been out for what, less than 3 days? If you were around for the first time Teq was revamped, it took a good month or two at least for people to understand how to take Teq down and then it became just another tick box in the world boss train. Give it some time =)

Perhaps that is true, but in any case it is a bit premature to declare it a “great spot” at this time. When that happens, then I may agree with you but at this point the spot is pretty terrible.

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

In the end I feel the 100% buff is way to much and it should be more around 50% instead. If you want to make it harder, start adding new mechanics rather than simply adding zeros and calling it a day imo.

(edited by fixit.7189)

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

What were the tactics used? Was the zerg all stacked in one location or spread out with ranged attackers doing their own thing?

Same tactics we always use. Commander Kenage stacks zerg, turrets keep zerg buffed, defense teams clear mobs, and ERT clear claws.

I can’t blame all the dead pugs who won’t WP, because we can normally kill Teq with no problem even with those players.

EG killed teq last night. Still had 6+ minutes left. No problem. Still mechanics used.

Like I said, we don’t use exploits. We don’t use 40 Guardians and their endless stacks of 4,000% DPS.

Here is a video of EG beating TEQ ages ago with almost 12 minutes remaining.

I’m pretty sure they didn’t use any exploits, they are just really coordinated and have been killing Teq for ages.

It comes as no surprise that they can still kill it no problem. (They have 12 minutes to fart around)

GSCH, your claim to fame may be the SoR server, but the best guild on SoR is EG imo.

Dropping your guild tag like it guarantees you into the winner’s circle is comical.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

If the community didn’t already know, SoR guild Gaiscioch [GSCH] regularly hosts a double Teq nite on Mondays and Wednesdays. Current and former TTS members all partake in this event because it’s led by our former glorious TTS leader Soren Ironclaw. With hundreds upon hundreds of Teq kills, you can say we’re pretty much experts on this event. We never cheat or use exploits to down Teq. Ever. GM Chris can verify this claim, as we discovered and reported major bugs and exploits to him and his team in the past.

I say all these things above because I’m about to /rant, and don’t want people to think that this is a L2P issue. With all our experience and map coordination, last nite we failed Teq by 0.005% HP, for the 2nd kitten time in the past week or so. Failing is one thing, but to fail when there’s practically nothing on Teq’s HP bar is another. Teq is broken. Doubling his HP was just too much. Penguin is sad.

Teq is not broken. He’s been made tougher. Just because you and the glorious whoever can’t kill him is not our problem. Your hundreds and hundreds of kills don’t mean squat now. Heck, I’ve killed Teq hundreds of times and I’ve been in organized maps post-patch that failed. You know what I did? I made sure my build was as strong as it could possibly be, and that I did everything I could to help my map win.

When every player tightens their build and puts forth the required effort . Teq will go down.

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: iTB.1428

iTB.1428

Teq’s in a great spot at the moment imo. It’s of sufficient difficulty that it requires some coordination and player skill, yet not overly difficult that it’s impossible without voice chat.

and who sad you should be able to succeed with pug?

imho Teq should be buffed even more

I tb | Necro Raiders [NR]
Aurora Glade

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

and who sad you should be able to succeed with pug?

imho Teq should be buffed even more

ANET DOES

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

If the community didn’t already know, SoR guild Gaiscioch [GSCH] regularly hosts a double Teq nite on Mondays and Wednesdays. Current and former TTS members all partake in this event because it’s led by our former glorious TTS leader Soren Ironclaw. With hundreds upon hundreds of Teq kills, you can say we’re pretty much experts on this event. We never cheat or use exploits to down Teq. Ever. GM Chris can verify this claim, as we discovered and reported major bugs and exploits to him and his team in the past.

I say all these things above because I’m about to /rant, and don’t want people to think that this is a L2P issue. With all our experience and map coordination, last nite we failed Teq by 0.005% HP, for the 2nd kitten time in the past week or so. Failing is one thing, but to fail when there’s practically nothing on Teq’s HP bar is another. Teq is broken. Doubling his HP was just too much. Penguin is sad.

TEQ downed at the Midnight spawn with 5:34(13seconds after the screenshot) seconds left on the clock in a Pug map that organized and assembled at :41 on the hour.

Sorry but Teq is not broken, you need to L2P.

I was in a south boats group with a total of 4 players, so the entire map wasn’t even setup entirely correctly and we still downed him with out any issue.

Attachments:

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Oh hey, you were on my map We had a great commander!

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Oh hey, you were on my map We had a great commander!

Commader was awesome, but it was the players adjusting to the Crit spot and DD requirement to beat the clock down.

Things are slowly getting better, there will still be hit and miss maps due to other players not catching up to the changes. But its not as bad as it was on the day of that Crit + 100% HP change. I had fail after fail for a while there.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

GSCH/TTS and Tequatl

Posted by: Zacharius.6547

Zacharius.6547

Your definition of "seriously flawed’ is seriously flawed. NA at least has not failed any Teq run if we have been able to field 30+ members with additional help from the general public. The map I led last night was almost exclusively through map chat, and we finished with 3+ minutes on the clock. Other TTS maps have easily finished with 7+ minutes without mass exploitation of SA or Grenadier.

Success is dependent on coordinating with the entire map, whether or not they are a part of your guild. Teq is easily doable with sufficient coordination. Proper stacking, utilities, and distribution are more important than ever. If you’re not willing to coordinate, or unable to solicit coordination, then Teq will give you trouble.

TTS is more than happy to have players join us for raids:
TS3 – ts.ttsgamers.com
Guild applications – ttsgamers.com/apply
Raid times – ttsgamers.com/event-calendar/