GW1 Armour Skins..

GW1 Armour Skins..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DarkKitty.1742

DarkKitty.1742

Hi there,

I don’t know about anyone else but I loved the armour from Guild Wars 1, and I’ve seen a few of those armour skins in the Gem Store but I would really like more of them!

I’d love to see my GW2 Elementalist wearing the same armour as her GW1 ancestor, or my necro in the Vabbi stuff!!

What do you guys think??

“Still want me to cook for you? Here have a steaming hot bowl of death!”

GW1 Armour Skins..

Posted by: Yazkin.6179

Yazkin.6179

If you played GW1 EoTN, you can get the Heritage gear that has some of the iconic armor in GW1, such as the Warrior’s cover art in the original GW1.

GW1 Armour Skins..

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

We would all want more of them – why they haven’t brought back many awesome skins that were also fan favorites is beyond me. It’s like they don’t want to make money.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

GW1 Armour Skins..

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

We would all want more of them – why they haven’t brought back many awesome skins that were also fan favorites is beyond me. It’s like they don’t want to make money.

Or maybe they got tired of putting in time and effort on something that people would just call lazy and money-grabbing?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

GW1 Armour Skins..

Harper.4173

Except people have been making threads like this forever.
Also there are GW1 weapon skins that have made a return and nobody has complained.

Let’s be honest here – there’s no real reason they haven’t done it. They could bring the skins back with a bit of tweaking. Doesn’t have to be a copy/paste.

GW1 Armour Skins..

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Also there are GW1 weapon skins that have made a return and nobody has complained.

Let’s be honest here – there’s no real reason they haven’t done it. They could bring the skins back with a bit of tweaking. Doesn’t have to be a copy/paste.

I want a copy/paste of them. If I liked them why would I want a different version?

GW1 Armour Skins..

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

Yeah I miss my Kurzik heavy, awesome armor!

GW1 Armour Skins..

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Just give me my beloved male drakescale armor

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

GW1 Armour Skins..

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Or maybe they got tired of putting in time and effort on something that people would just call lazy and money-grabbing?

The only thing people are a bit annoyed, so far as I can see, about is how they handle “iconic” weapons as BLC stuff, but sometimes only taking the name and not the design (way too much for some people).

Armor skins most are actually fine with and many have asked for old designs for nostalgia reason.
As long as it is handled right and the update not to extreme I am fine with it.
I buy them more readily then something out of context like the flaming armor for example (seriously. Just some (admitedly very good and admireable subtle) flame effects on old armor).

I remember threads from day one (or at least two years ago) sugesting armor and weapons which they would like to see again: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Are-there-any-GW1-armors-you-d-want/first#post1520729

GW1 Armour Skins..

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

If my favorite, the classic Elite Noble, was available in this game, I would roll a mesmer in this game in a heartbeat!

Attachments:

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

(edited by Endless Soul.5178)

GW1 Armour Skins..

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

The idea is great but GW1 didn’t have that many trenchcoats and buttcapes so the designers of GW2 armor probably don’t know how to port them over.

GW1 Armour Skins..

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

If my favorite, the classic Elite Noble, was available in this game, I would roll a mesmer in this game in a heartneat!

That one is gorgeous! I’d put it on my mesmer.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

GW1 Armour Skins..

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Eh, off-hand the only ones I’d really like would be the non-elite Fanatic and Druid sets and Obsidian.
Others would be alright (EotN armours, especially), but nothing I’d be huge on.

And unless they were omni-weight (I want the fanatic gear for my Sylvari ranger) and they weren’t cash-shop items, they wouldn’t do me any good.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

GW1 Armour Skins..

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I miss my obby elementalist armour

GW1 Armour Skins..

Harper.4173

I want a copy/paste of them. If I liked them why would I want a different version?

Because in order for them to fit with the new models, new animations and such there’s going to be some tweaking required.
I’m not saying change their design – but you can’t have a direct point for point copy/paste.

I also liked them the way they were – but a bit of work has to be put into them – to add physics to the materials and so on.

It would be a good and fun thing. Also it would sell like crazy.

Here’s hoping for #3 anniversary.