GW1 & GW2 Feelings.

GW1 & GW2 Feelings.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rabiez.9178

Rabiez.9178

Alright so i know im gonna get alot of kitten for posting this but i don’t feel the warmth in GW2 that i had in GW1, now I played GW1 since phrop released it was my first MMO I played, I had such great times playing it especially doing missions and getting hard to get gear, i cant really put my finger on why.
it doesn’t feel like GW1 I know most of you guys are going to say “Because its a totally different game” but the dosnt mean i shouldn’t have the same feeling i had playing GW1 that “full” feeling, I also feel like there’s nothing to work towards, don’t get me wrong we can do world exploration and crafting and all that great stuff but it doesn’t have the underworld farming solo builds you had to make and really awesome mat drops where you where all like “Jackpot im gonna make a killing off these ectos” and that warm and fuzzy feeling inside when you go it im hoping that we can get stuff like this in the future but who knows, I also feel like there’s a lack of social aspects in the game im not saying that this is a developers problem but the community is kinda dull, when i played WoW my guild would always be in vent talking about changes and what there doing and I have searched and it dosenot feel like anyone is taking part in that in GW2 everyone just likes to keep to themselves and grind away at there crafting and daily achieves, i would enjoy looking forward to more rewarding and rare drops off monsters something that i can grind toward and maybe a little more of a collectible aspect where i can chill in LA and show off hours i spent farming something, i know the game is new and changed are being implemented but it would be a good idea to restore old roots and implement some awesome things you guys did in GW1, don’t be afraid to add anything or respond with how stupid i may be. THANKS!

GW1 & GW2 Feelings.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Can I talk about my feelings also?

GW1 & GW2 Feelings.

Posted by: TGamesification.3845

TGamesification.3845

Can I talk about my feelings also?

I think that what he wanted xD

GW1 & GW2 Feelings.

Posted by: Rabiez.9178

Rabiez.9178

I hate GW1

I love GW2

If you love GW1 feel so much, play GW1.

You sabo-trolls need to stop with the same post over and over again, and leave my game alone.

Simple.

I would like to first of all state i love both games i have 402 hours logged on GW2 and 2 80’s alright im just saying im not getting the full feeling from drops nor collectibles.

1. stop assuming people are trolls because they post on the forums saying something other then “I love the game” im just pointing out a few flaws the game has and asking for other peoples feelings on the differences, i said i couldn’t quite put my finger on it that’s why i was asking.

Good day sir.

GW1 & GW2 Feelings.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Personaly I starts play GW1 only because GW2 rewards and I play it only 3 months and at start I planed only 30 points but I ends with 50 and gwamm. That game was great and totaly get me. GW2 is also great in diferent ways. GW1 was under development for years, GW2 is new so it will grow. Only things what make me sad are great features what was key of my GW1 experience like build template manager or hall of monuments arent in GW2 yet.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

GW1 & GW2 Feelings.

Posted by: puffintoast.6501

puffintoast.6501

…You sabo-trolls need to stop with the same post over and over again, and leave my game alone..

I think Nexon would beg to differ with you about whether or not this is, in fact, your game.
Also, the ‘sabo-troll’ thing immediately made me think of ye olde worldie ‘sabway’ build, from far back in the dawn of time when men were real men, women were real women, and those cheeky kitten Asura were a mile underground blowing each other up for science.

GW1 & GW2 Feelings.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

i had playing GW1 that “full” feeling, I also feel like there’s nothing to work towards, don’t get me wrong we can do world exploration and crafting and all that great stuff but it doesn’t have the underworld farming solo builds you had to make and really awesome mat drops where you where all like “Jackpot im gonna make a killing off these ectos”

Apart from UW, which I sincerely miss, you should realize that GW1 was a fundamentaly boring game at launch. Sure you had 2 weeks to finish the story, a month to get all elites/runes and a few more months to get obby. But apart from that …. there was absolutely nothing to do.
Now don’t get me wrong, I loved the game, but in prophecies I had two 4-month breaks. It was only with factions that the game became “full” in your words.

That’s the same feeling I have with GW2. An extremely good foundation yet the game in total indeed doesn’t feel “full”. That’s normal with MMOs in release year. I"m sitting this out, I know what’s on the horizon. I’m hoping I can post this exact same text in 10 years when we talk about GW3 and how “full” GW2 felt.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

GW1 & GW2 Feelings.

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

Apart from UW, which I sincerely miss, you should realize that GW1 was a fundamentaly boring game at launch. Sure you had 2 weeks to finish the story, a month to get all elites/runes and a few more months to get obby. But apart from that …. there was absolutely nothing to do.
Now don’t get me wrong, I loved the game, but in prophecies I had two 4-month breaks. It was only with factions that the game became “full” in your words.

Nah man,, prophecies was all about running and farming trolls & totem axes. I remember the days i used to run full groups 2K each to droknar with my silly warrior using healing hands and Holy veil :p It felt like doing speedclears. It was awesommmme. But yeah, Factions made the game so much better.

GW1 & GW2 Feelings.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Nah man,, prophecies was all about running and farming trolls & totem axes. I remember the days i used to run full groups 2K each to droknar with my silly warrior using healing hands and Holy veil :p It felt like doing speedclears. It was awesommmme. But yeah, Factions made the game so much better.

Totem axe was implemented somewhere between factions and nightfall. Most likely you meant tribal axes.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto