GW1 Region Block?

GW1 Region Block?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: inhearth.2038

inhearth.2038

I started playing Guild Wars 2 at release and the more I played the more I became excited about its lore and history.
The problem is that I would love to be able to play the first game and play through everything that happened before GW2 but every time I try to buy the game from the NCSoft store using paypal, I get an error message, and when I try to buy it on steam I get the message “This item is currently unavailable in your region.”
Since I live in Brazil I’ve been through this before but is there any way around this? I would really love to play this game, any idea how I can buy it in my region?

GW1 Region Block?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might try contacting CS, and ask for assistance. Good luck.

GW1 Region Block?

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

can’t you just buy it in any foreign online store and get it shipped to you?

GW1 Region Block?

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

gw 1 works whit NA and EU servers u can play from 1 account on evry server its not region bloocked just the stupid sellers on steam made it like that HELL u can play gw 1 from North korea man

GW1 Region Block?

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Maybe the problem is with your credit card? I’m from brazil too and i heard about some restrictions that creditcard companies made about buying in international websites, because some of those websites, like steam, show the price in brazilian currency, but they were getting problems because that price usually was different from the one you pay when you get the bill, causing some problems so the credit card companies stopped accepting those kinds of trades.

See if its affecting other purchages you do in steam. This problem shouldn’t affect purchages with paypal though..