GW1 login screen: *CLASSIFIED INFORMATION*

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

Anet posted this on the Guild Wars 1 login. I transcribed it as best as I could, though there might be some errors.

“TGIzdGVuLC Bhbm Qgd W5kZXJz dG FuZC4g VG hhd CBBbm5 paG IsYXRv c iBnb 2xlbSBp cyBvdXQ gd Ghlcm UulEIO IGN hb id0IG JIIGJ h cmdh aW5IZ CB 3 aX RoL iBJdCBj YW 4n d CBiZ SByZWF zb25IZ C B3aX RoLi BJd C Bkb2 Vzbid0I GZIZWwgcGI 0eS wgb3 I gcmVtb3Jz ZSwg b3I gZmV hci4g QW5 kIGI 0IGFi c2 9s dXR I bHk gd2lsbC Bub 3Qgc 3RvcC wgZX Zlc iwgdW50aW w gU2Fy YWggY W5klE d3Z W4 gYXJ IIGRI YWQu”

Feel free to move this thread if it is in the wrong location, but I thought this might be interesting for people who don’t have GW1. It may be nothing though, like a scrambled version of what they always put into the news section.

Posted by: Iron Kurtin.5267

Iron Kurtin.5267

I seen this too, Thought my GW1 may have been hacked

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

It’s actually referencing a couple Terminator themed quests from Embark Beach. They’re actually pretty fun.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I remember those. There was a golem and you had to go back to pre-searing ascalon right?

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

Looks like build codes to me.

Posted by: Kurogami.9210

Kurogami.9210

Well I was curious and put the text into a translator.

Lb3ten, and understand. That Annihb,ator golem is out there.B can’t bH bargainHd with. It can’t be reasonHd with. It doesn’t fHel pb4y, or remorse, or fear. And b4 absolutHly will not stop, ever, until Sarah andGwen arH dHad.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Well I was curious and put the text into a translator.

Lb3ten, and understand. That Annihb,ator golem is out there.B can’t bH bargainHd with. It can’t be reasonHd with. It doesn’t fHel pb4y, or remorse, or fear. And b4 absolutHly will not stop, ever, until Sarah andGwen arH dHad.

O_o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

From GW1wiki:
“This is Base64 encoded text and can be decoded to “Listen, and understand. That Annihilator golem is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until Sarah and Gwen are dead.” This is based on Kyle Reese dialogue in The Terminator."

So Kuro was pretty close, got the main point at least.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Oh the memories.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Oh the memories.

Game is surprisingly active actually, everyone should try it out again. Find a large guild & ally and it’s like the old days.

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Oh the memories.

Game is surprisingly active actually, everyone should try it out again. Find a large guild & ally and it’s like the old days.

Just more and more laggy. At least for me and I have no idea what can be the reason.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Good to know. I really want to try it one last time

Just more and more laggy. At least for me and I have no idea what can be the reason.

GW run as a background application (or so they say) on GW2’ servers. And yes, is a little laggy for me too.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

Make sure you enable vsync. You get what looks like enormous lag when you reach extremely high fps (think +100 fps), the GW1 engine starts to choke at that point from my experiences. Just enable vsync, so you’ll limit your FPS to 60 and the problem should go away.