GW2 2016... A message to devs and players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

@sarasvatri

I go by the facts I’m provided… It’s like I’m imagining an ncsoft conference call and don’t have access to 3 years of patch notes…

You all don’t even pay attention to the spirit of the post and just niggle about unnecessary things…

Y’all should reread the op and familiarize yourselves with what I’m talking about instead of the silly banter…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I go by the facts I’m provided… It’s like I’m imagining an ncsoft conference call and don’t have access to 3 years of patch notes…

You all don’t even pay attention to the spirit of the post and just niggle about unnecessary things…

Y’all should reread the op and familiarize yourselves with what I’m talking about instead of the silly banter…

What are you trying to suggest with the patch notes? You claim you have patch notes trends but don’t state what they are or how they have any bearing to your argument. Can you elaborate please?

You claim the financial statements and the conference call support your argument but you haven’t shown how. While there is always a possibility that they could reflect what you’re saying in your argument, you have not demonstrated that there is any correlation. Can you provide evidence that will give credence to your argument please?

Swagger.1459

What are patch notes for?

Ayrilana.1396

They show bug fixes but you haven’t shown any correlation between the patch notes and your argument. Every game has bugs that get fixed.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Although I personally only have heard how much of a waste of time it is to make GW2 an ESport as it is both boring and complicated to watch, I know not enough about PvP or Esport to make a substantial prediction about it.

Having seen via screenshot how GW2 basically has viewers in a three digit reach and not even close to 1000 even with the game being 3 years old and there have already ben some shy efforts from Anet years ago, I can´t fight the probably unfounded impression that is all smoke and mirrors. But I may be wrong and simply not know all the details of any deals Anet has made.

I am not aqn accounting major, but my personal idea would be that Q3 dropped because the game got on a really low discount and Q4 will be swelled with the preorders. This effect is of course dropping over time, and my guess is that if it is rapidly and sharply dropping, HoT is by all means a failure while reaching the pre state of active players or a slight increase would make it sustainable but still not profitable for a longer period of time if you factor in development cost.

Swagger.1459

They show bug fixes but you haven’t shown any correlation between the patch notes and your argument. Every game has bugs that get fixed.

Oh just bug fixes? That’s it? Patch notes are only for bug fixes? Hmmm

So all these are bug fixes?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates

@vayne… Can you explain to ayrilana what patch notes are?

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Nothing will really change until Mike O’ Brian decides to change it.

So yeah.

(edited by Kam.4092)

Ayrilana.1396

Oh just bug fixes? That’s it? Patch notes are only for bug fixes? Hmmm

So all these are bug fixes?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates

And there are still notes about updates. You still haven’t shown any connections and correlation between them and your argument.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I have conference call facts, financial document facts and I have patch note facts…

You are all pulling the “lemme see the facts for the facts for the other facts and where are hidden document facts and you need to fly to Korea and talk to the suits and get the facts”… argument… It’s very ridiculous of you all to dismiss the current facts I’m given…

You have facts stretching from July to mid sep, can you elaborate what they are doing with the revenue from HoT and how much of it is going back into the game?

I have patch notes showing trends from 3 years and a clear statement of “cost efficiency”…

And what does post hot revenue numbers have to do with things being discussed, mentioned and asked for… If I knew exactly what was being dropped and when and had a clearer road map from nc soft and Anet… I wouldn’t be talking about this subject… But I don’t, that’s why I bring up the facts I’m currently being provided and discussing them…

I’m talking about what I’m given Wanze, nc and anet are fully capable to engage in some way to this topic through various mediums…

It’s silly to ask for proof from me of post hot stuff when we are given little to work with and we don’t have access to 4th quarter numbers and we haven’t been given a year review or a next year wish list or roadmap…

You like your numbers so maybe see in the title I mention 2016… And make references to things up to 3rd quarter 2015…

Context and perspective and relevancy Wanze…

And obviously you see that the intent of the post is to hope for a better game for both devs and players… That requires better looking support by ncsoft… They own Anet. They call the shots. They can make or break this game.

If your problem is with ncsoft, contact them directly via http://us.ncsoft.com/en/contact-us/.
I dont see how you expect them to read your feedback in an arenanet forum with a forum title specifically addressing Anet and gw2 players.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Swagger.1459

You missed the points entirely Wanze as per usual and continue to deflect.

Wanze.8410

Youre talking about that a company should throw money at some problems and somehow tell that to its shareholders.

They actually talked a bit about it in that article, as they claimed to aggressively advertise HoT in the 4th quarter and also offered the f2p model to get new buyers.

Thats what NCSofts responisibility is.

Anet is responsible to develop the game.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

@Wanze
You probably know a lot more about accounting than me from all I have seen, but your scenario of a company having to fix a problem with good money to throw it after bad money is not so uncommon.

If a product has glaring problems, companies are expected to put money into it to make it profitable. Of course that looks bad on the CEO and the board of directors, so they all try to avoid such a scenario. I also don´t say that Anet and NCSoft made glaring mistakes, but you know the rule that anything that is not profitable is either axed or milked for taxes until it bursts up in flames.

As an example, take Volkswagen. It is the biggest car company in the world, Anet and NcSoft are dwarfs contrary to the titan that is VW. After the scandal involving polution, they bended over to their customers and the government, even letting their shareholders bite in the most sour of apples and not give out as much dividends as they wanted.
Or take Deutsche Bank. A major, global players in banking that figuratively had to bend over to the public because financing products they offered were not only garbage but basically Z ware, toxic papers.

Swagger.1459

Youre talking about that a company should throw money at some problems and somehow tell that to its shareholders.

They actually talked a bit about it in that article, as they claimed to aggressively advertise HoT in the 4th quarter and also offered the f2p model to get new buyers.

Thats what NCSofts responisibility is.

Anet is responsible to develop the game.

Oh so reaching out to the developers so they can discuss customer feelings and perceptions about the state of the game to the bosses when topics like these come up is somehow irrelevant…

There is a community team here, and it’s their job to keep their fingers on the pulse of players… They connect all things and are asked about the community and they alert the devs to what the community is talking about and they communicate with Ncsoft directly as well…

Yeah Wanze… I’m addressing the team and people and players here, and rightfully so… These forums were also designed for these types of customer feedback…

Yeah…

Edit- you obviously don’t see the benefit and need at times of reinvesting in a product to make improvements that will increase long term retention numbers and sales and new customers and referrals… Must be foreign concepts to you… But keep thinking you know “economy”/biz/customer service/sales stuff… as you chuckled at earlier…

It’s pretty clear I have a better understanding of the bigger pictures here… But I’m sure you could school me on the bltc… that’s about it… And the only reason why that would happen is I don’t care to play the market, I just buy my gold with cash so I don’t really care…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Wanze.8410

You missed the points entirely Wanze as per usual and continue to deflect.

No, you entirely missed the meaning of cost efficiency in the article and it was a term used by the website, it wasnt mentioned in the transcript.

The website used the term of cost efficiency correctly though as it was describing the media marketing strategy of promoting HoT.

Here is a definition of cost efficiency from the business dictionary:

A goal of media marketing that is aimed at minimizing advertising expenses incurred while maximizing product publicity to a target market in terms of breadth and frequency of exposure. Maximizing cost efficiency in a marketing campaign is highly desirable for a business since the greatest product exposure is achieved for the least amount of financial investment.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/cost-efficiency.html

Prior to HoT, NCSoft wanted to promote it by giving free (limited) access to the core game to new players in order to get new paying customers, which is very cost efficient, as you dont have to pay advertising fees.

However, the numbers of new players buying HoT after playing it for free werent as high as they expected. They already mentioned in the transcript, that they will go a less cost efficient route for marketing (very aggressive on the marketing).

You took the term of cost efficiency completely out of context and applied it to game development, which has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Swagger.1459

Yeah, sure, that’s called spin doctoring to explain poor numbers and not look bad for poor reinvestments back into their current games…

Sure, lets blame marketing when gamers don’t care about marketing, they care about a good game. WIIFM my friend… Look it up in sales strategy… That’s what players/customers/consumers/end users care about the most…

Those explainations are for money people not game people… But you don’t get that concept…

Cost efficiency and patch notes are all we need to see to know… Sorry.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah, sure, that’s called spin doctoring to explain poor numbers and not look bad for poor reinvestments back into their current games…

Sure, lets blame marketing when gamers don’t care about marketing, they care about a good game. WIIFM my friend… Look it up in sales strategy… That’s what players/customers/consumers/end users care about the most…

Those explaination are for money people not game people… But you don’t get that concept…

Which you have yet to prove that they have any correlation with your argument.

Posted by: technophebe.7631

technophebe.7631

It bewilders me that anyone could read a short article on an MMO site and think that they could make any sort of informed critique of skilled professionals working for a multinational corporation whose jobs and careers rely on them making good decisions!

Swagger.1459

Those explaination are for money people not game people… But you don’t get that concept…

And you have yet to show me that you understand the meaning of patch notes…

Ayrilana.1396

They show you changes made to the game whether it be bugs fixed, features added, and so on. Besides, you’re the one who started the thread so you are the one who is supposed to actually back up your arguments and show correlation between them and your evidence.

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

It bewilders me that anyone could read a short article on an MMO site and think that they could make any sort of informed critique of skilled professionals working for a multinational corporation whose jobs and careers rely on them making good decisions!

This is the big question and only one can give the real answer.

1- Really are they making the right decision?
2- Are they being forced ( and by whom) to create what on the outset looks like constant poor decisions.
The third question is not to do with the team itself but of the people who hold the strings, namely the team leaders who say yes or no to the development decisions.

The MMO site I am sure could have given more of a story if they were given the info to do so. But this is possibly not a coincidence either, as no employee will whistleblow on a gaming company as big as NCSoft or Anet, because they want that resume reference to move on when they are let go or leave on own accord.

There have already been reports of major team developers leaving Anet over the past few years with very little explanations to why, other than a short and sweet leaving statement. I am sure if they were given free opportunity to talk of why they leave , we would all see a very different view in which to make decisions.

In my own opinion, I feel the integrity of the employees of Anet might not be as rosy as we think. I feel there are major issues not just about the game itself but more so that they cannot have a view or make a decision above a team leader, who may or may not have their own interests at heart over the game or company.

As I said before, money does not bring loyalty, people can move from job to job as they wish. But that reference and believe me , big companies can put threats on ex employees with a " you diss us, you never work in this town again" unwritten clause scenario. Until someone does come clean on their employment frustrations regarding a company and its hidden agenda on company policy, terrible boss etc, we will never know. However small articles offer a little bit of journalism that prompt people to explore little bits of information to create a bigger picture.

The OP made a valid point and was offering a point for people to think a little further. I see nothing bad about that .

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

(edited by mzt.3270)

Swagger.1459

They show you changes made to the game whether it be bugs fixed, features added, and so on. Besides, you’re the one who started the thread so you are the one who is supposed to actually back up your arguments and show correlation between them and your evidence.

That’s great, because you only said bug fixes before… Now you can put things into better context…

I’ll let you figure out the rest.

Ayrilana.1396

This is the big question and only one can give the real answer.

1- Really are they making the right decision?
2- Are they being forced ( and by whom) to create what on the outset looks like constant poor decisions.
The third question is not to do with the team itself but of the people who hold the strings, namely the team leaders who say yes or no to the development decisions.

The MMO site I am sure could have given more of a story if they were given the info to do so. But this is possibly not a coincidence either, as no employee will whistleblow on a gaming company as big as NCSoft or Anet, because they want that resume reference to move on when they are let go or leave on own accord.

There have already been reports of major team developers leaving Anet over the past few years with very little explanations to why, other than a short and sweet leaving statement. I am sure if they were given free opportunity to talk of why they leave , we would all see a very different view in which to make decisions.

In my own opinion, I feel the integrity of the employees of Anet might not be as rosy as we think. I feel there are major issues not just about the game itself but more so that they cannot have a view or make a decision above a team leader who may or may not have their own interests at heart over the game or company.

As I said before, money does not bring loyalty, people can move from job to job as they wish. But that reference and believe me , big companies can put threats on ex employees with a " you diss us, you never work in this town again" unwritten clause scenario. Until someone does come clean on their employment frustrations regarding a company and its hidden agenda on company policy, terrible boss etc, we will never know. However small articles offer a little bit of journalism that prompt people to explore little bits of information to create a bigger picture.

The OP made a valid point and was offering a point for people to think a little further. I see nothing bad about that .

Keep in mind that the industry itself has high turnover and is not without its own issues. It’s not anything restricted to just Anet. I’m sure many of us who have worked several different jobs within a specific industry (e.g. retail) will have seen similar issues as well. Unless there’s a mass exodus of employees, I wouldn’t read too far into it.

Ayrilana.1396

That’s great, because you only said bug fixes before… Now you can put things into better context…

I’ll let you figure out the rest.

You said patch notes. I refer to changes (additions/removals/etc) within the game as update notes. That’s just how I personally separate the two. Kind of a moot point to be honest as we both are referring to the same section of the forums. How about you address my questions?

Swagger.1459

You said how are bug fixes relavent…

I’m taking about patch notes…

Go back and reread with your new found understanding of patch notes and put things into better perspective…

You’ll understand me and what I’m talking about when you discover it yourself.

Good luck my friend.

Ayrilana.1396

You said how are bug fixes relavent…

I’m taking about patch notes…

Go back and reread with your new found understanding of patch notes and put things into better perspective…

You’ll understand me and what I’m talking about when you discover it yourself.

Good luck my friend.

It doesn’t matter. How are bug fixes and patch notes relevant to your argument. You can keep trying to push off answering my simple questions or as long as you like by focusing on these non-issues that don’t really matter.

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

@ Ayrilana.1396

That much is true, no smoke without fire though!! Everything from the complaints of poor class balancing to the recent 10k drinks scandal has a place somewhere and all have links somewhere.

There have been far too many facepalm decisions made within this game in the past two years, that had it been a company creating anything not gaming related, would have gone down like a lead brick. Some have been very unfair to the casual community, if team developers cared as much as it is suggested, then many of these moves would never have seen light of day. Yet they have!!

On the point on leaving employees cannot be read into it, this is true also to a point.Word however does travel fast in any industry as I am sure you know well, people learn from the mistakes of others especially when hushed up internal gossip comes into play. So much so that ones job and pay check can afford people to swallow ones own moral values.
I suppose a better way to explain it is that you have two kinds of people in the world, you will have the ones that have morals over money. You have the others who will happily take a paycheck no matter how unhappy they are.

I used to be the latter, being in a job I hated for 10 years due to a boss who was a total tyrant. But I was stuck cause I had car/ house payments etc. These days being a little older, I have conditioned myself to ask more questions and now self employed, can be my own boss and be the boss I wished I could have had.
Not everyone has that luxury unfortunately, I could stick two fingers up on that boss at the end of the day . But just because there is no mass exodus, does not mean there is not dictatorship workplace scenario.

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

(edited by mzt.3270)

Swagger.1459

You brought up bug fixes, I didn’t…

Go find the answers yourself since you now understand what patch notes are…

I’m done taking this topic off course with you… Sorry. There is a larger topic at hand that you apparently do not understand fully unfortunately…

Happy holidays and happy hunting for the answers!

Good luck my friend!

Ayrilana.1396

I’m done taking this topic off course with you… Sorry. There is a larger topic at hand that you apparently do not understand fully unfortunately…

Good luck my friend!

Actually I stated the following:

What are you trying to suggest with the patch notes? You claim you have patch notes trends but don’t state what they are or how they have any bearing to your argument. Can you elaborate please?

You claim the financial statements and the conference call support your argument but you haven’t shown how. While there is always a possibility that they could reflect what you’re saying in your argument, you have not demonstrated that there is any correlation. Can you provide evidence that will give credence to your argument please?

You have yet to address those questions. You kept pressing what patch notes are for but failed to state what correlation they had with your argument. You expect everyone that disagrees with you to find that correlation for you.

Swagger.1459

Good luck my friend!

You have yet to address those questions. You kept pressing what patch notes are for but failed to state what correlation they had with your argument. You expect everyone that disagrees with you to find that correlation for you.

The only person asking this question is you… That is clearly your own issue to address with yourself… Everyone else understands what I meant by the patch notes comment…

Good luck…

Ayrilana.1396

Good luck my friend!

The only person asking this question is you… That is clearly your own issue to address with yourself… Everyone else understands what I meant by the patch notes comment…

Good luck…

You’re still diverting away from answering the questions.

Wanze.8410

Those explainations are for money people not game people… But you don’t get that concept…

But why do you use cost efficiency to explain the development flaws if it is clearly a money people explaination, as you have stated?

NCSoft stopped investing into GW2 development long ago, all they do, is take Anets earnings and use a part of those profits for marketing their product.

Where is the correlation between marketing budgets and game development flaws?

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Good luck my friend!

Good luck…

Actually, I also have no idea how the patch notes correlates to your argument. I looked them over and it appears I’m not capable of seeing what you’re seeing without an outside explanation. Maybe you could condescend to explain it to me, if not to him.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Anet is actually the publisher for GW2 now.

Does that means we own a favor to that not-as-cute-guy-as-our-Colin from LoL
(when different devs from different games made a conference , back in February)
and told to the various Publisers in that room to back off and not interfere with the directions of the games ?
(waking them up and stop forcing their ideology in the unknown western market?)

Plz dont tell me that …….

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Swagger.1459

But why do you use cost efficiency to explain the development flaws if it is clearly a money people explaination, as you have stated?

NCSoft stopped investing into GW2 development long ago, all they do, is take Anets earnings and use a part of those profits for marketing their product.

Anet is wholly owned by ncsoft…

So maybe it’s time to reinvest and make them better bread winners…

Wanze.8410

Investors and owners dont care about game balance, legendary armor, raids or wvw maps.

Thats for the developers.

Some posts earlier, you said you dont care about investors and now you want their money to get a better game. If you want more money from them so Anet gets more ressources, you should talk to them directly.

Swagger.1459

Investors and owners dont care about game balance, legendary armor, raids or wvw maps.

Some posts earlier, you said you dont care about investors and now you want their money to get a better game. If you want more money from them so Anet gets more ressources, you should talk to them directly.

I never said I didn’t care about investors…

I said that conference call was a message to investors by ncsoft… Players don’t care about that message, they care about what is in game…

Nc makes the big money decisions ultimately… That’s what you are missing…

So are you anti making this a better game?

Seems so from your posts here, and I’m trying to communicate my thoughts (not alone with this thinking either) to maybe make this thing better for all of us…

But y’all want to keep mudding the main messages by niggling about silly stuff… Pretty sad…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

…and yet, often, they don’t make good decisions, do they?

Assuming you categorise “good decisions” as decisions that maximise customer retention and profit.

They make totally baffling ones (at least, on the face of it), that can only really be explained via them prioritising their own, purely personal, preferences.

For example, Blizzard’s decisions in WoD, which caused at least half of their playerbase to leave.

That was all totally predictable, they were warned it would almost certainly happen and yet, they still did it.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Wanze.8410

I never said I didn’t care about investors…

I said that conference call was a message to investors by ncsoft… Players don’t care about that message, they care about what is in game…

Nc makes the big money decisions ultimately… That’s what you are missing…

So are you anti making this a better game?

Seems so from your posts here, and I’m trying to communicate my thoughts (not alone with this thinking either) to maybe make this thing better for all of us…

I am not against making this game better but i have little faith that your way to go for it will yield any results because:

• you dont contact those who make the money decisions
  • you take a statement that was about marketing strategy and budget from NCSoft and apply it completely out of context towards game development from Anet

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

The thing intrigue me is how much Anet actually spend on this game.

I don’t think that’s something anyone would know.

But I would guess NCSoft would reinvest half of the sales back into the game. So if anyone tell me Anet is really a cash cow, and NCSoft won’t reinvest back into the game, it is pretty dumb.

There are also comments about NCSoft ripping Anet off by taking the profits and use those money for games like Aion or Lineage. Which is quite a laughable comments. First of all asian workers are cheaper. Second of all those games actually sale really well in asia.

A better reality is Anet is funded by profits by Aion or Lineage, because it is really hard to find US investor that are willing to take a chance in mmorpg.

Swagger.1459

Wanze, these are the game boards so I’m using this medium constructively… Your arguments are null and void. Thanks. I’m not going to negotiate ncsoft’s role anymore or use of these forums unnecessarily. There are bigger messages to discuss.

Swagger.1459

The thing intrigue me is how much Anet actually spend on this game.

I don’t think that’s something anyone would know.

But I would guess NCSoft would reinvest half of the sales back into the game. So if anyone tell me Anet is really a cash cow, and NCSoft won’t reinvest back into the game, it is pretty dumb.

There are also comments about NCSoft ripping Anet off by taking the profits and use those money for games like Aion or Lineage. Which is quite a laughable comments. First of all asian workers are cheaper. Second of all those games actually sale really well in asia.

A better reality is Anet is funded by profits by Aion or Lineage, because it is really hard to find US investor that are willing to take a chance in mmorpg.

I think it’s reasonable to say that with all things considered gw2 could use a boost… Yes we had the expac, but there are lots of areas to improve and fill in. Nobody wants to see this game devolve or continue down the current path… 2016 could be a better year…

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Wanze, these are the game boards so I’m using this medium constructively… Your arguments are null and void. Thanks. I’m not going to negotiate ncsoft’s role anymore or use of these forums unnecessarily. There are bigger messages to discuss.

You probably over read too much.

NCSoft probably mean they are trying to be more cost effective on “running their company”. And they expect 4th quarter revenue for GW2 to improve. (and obviously because GW2 released an expansion in the 4th quarter)

I’m not Korean so I’m not sure what’s going on with NCSoft or Nexon. But I think the reason NCSoft said that is because previously Nexon called out on NCSoft as their profit margin is really small. So even NCSoft have decent sales, their profit is small. There are also probably some accusing on NCSoft CEO taking too much money etc.

I dont’ live in Korea, so I don’t follow Korea news much. But all this company take over or attempted take over is quite intriguing.

Swagger.1459

No more nexon ties iirc… Tired so not digging into the world of who ones what or part of what at this moment…

Yes, there are lots of factors, but things can also be simplified in ways…

Wanze.8410

You yet have to lay out how their statement, which you based your OP on, is related to development of the game and not marketing costs.

Cost effective marketing has nothing to do with the flaws you see in this game.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

It has been apparent for more than a little while that this was happening, all the 8 bit style making it’s way into the game.

Swagger.1459

You yet have to lay out how their statement, which you based your OP on, is related to development of the game and not marketing costs.

The conference call didn’t say that they were looking to do something like reinvest into their games to increase long term revenue and earnings now did they? Right?

Instead they are building a new mobile studio, has 60 employees out of the planned 100 and leveraging (gambling with) a new ip instead of propping up their current bread winners…

Gw2 is an amazing game in ways and just added 2 million new users since play for free and has a 3.1 million monthly concurrency rate now… So maybe time to reinvest and boost momentum and staying power and growing power for gw2 into 2016…

It’s simple to separate “cost efficiency” and “reinvest”… It’s pretty self explanatory… The rest is just PR money talk mumbo jumbo for people who look at their accounting statements wondering what happened… It’s different for the boots on the ground…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Wanze.8410

The conference call didn’t say that they were looking to do something like reinvest into their games to increase long term revenue and earnings now did they? Right?

Instead they are building a new mobile studio, has 60 employees out of the planned 100 and leveraging (gambling with) a new ip instead of propping up their current bread winners…

Gw2 is an amazing game in ways and just added 2 million new users since play for free and has a 3.1 million monthly concurrency rate now… So maybe time to reinvest and boost momentum and staying power and growing power for gw2 into 2016…

It’s simple to separate “cost efficiency” and “reinvest”… It’s pretty self explanatory… The rest is just PR money talk mumbo jumbo for people who look at their accounting statements wondering what happened… It’s different for the boots on the ground…

Then i dont know why you claim cost efficiency is the root of all evil, if its the lack of reinvestment.

If you want reinvestment, say so. Just because it wasnt mentioned in a transcript from a conference call made by an mmo fansite, doesnt mean they dont do it.

You can claim its PR mumbo jumbo but then it makes no sense to use it to back up your OP.

Find a statement from NCSoft that says they arent reinvesting into GW2 and we can continue the discussion.

Swagger.1459

Then i dont know why you claim cost efficiency is the root of all evil, if its the lack of reinvestment.

If you want reinvestment, say so. Just because it wasnt mentioned in a transcript from a conference call made by an mmo fansite, doesnt mean they dont do it.

You can claim its PR mumbo jumbo but then it makes no sense to use it to back up your OP.

Find a statement from NCSoft that says they arent reinvesting into GW2 and we can continue the discussion.

I’ve brought up both topics because they are interrelated to make my case. I’m not sure you read things fully… Those are two differ topics and both of which I’ve addressed separately…

This topic has progressed so you are twisting thoughts just to argue…

Did you not read the op? Or were you too busy telling me to buy gems if I don’t like the funding from the owners?

You jumped in mid conversation with a silly comment on an important topic so obviously you are not serious with this discussion in the first place.

You run in circular arguments just to argue and that doesn’t move the topic forward…

Seriously, good luck…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Wanze.8410

I’ve brought up both topics because they are interrelated to make my case. I’m not sure you read things fully… Those are two differ topics and both of which I’ve addressed separately…

Did you not read the op? Or were you too busy telling me to buy gems if I don’t like the funding from the owners?

You jumped in mid conversation with a silly comment on an important topic so obviously you are not serious with this discussion in the first place.

You run in circular arguments just to argue and that doesn’t move the topic forward…

Seriously, good luck…

So its fine, if you throw in 2 different topics into the conversation and its not fine if i question their correlation?

Swagger.1459

Seriously, good luck…

So its fine, if you throw in 2 different topics into the conversation and its not fine if i question their correlation?

If you took the time to read the op… It’s pretty clear…