GW2 Champ Farming Guide (November 2013)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaed.9823

Jaed.9823

Hey beautiful people, this is my second Guild Wars 2 guide, and just like the last one, it’s really just aimed towards new players or players making new characters. It’s a level 20+ guide, but does recommend the second person be level 80.

I feel this guide displays an awesome champion farming area because it’s easy (2 players only is my recommendation) and efficient. There are several other benefits to doing this champion farming route in contrast to say.. the Queensdale or Frostgourge Sounds champion farming zerg(s). The benefits are:

• If you have a low or mid-end computer, you don’t have to worry about slow loading times, lagging within this large zerg, or being late to the fight. You’ll never be late because it’s just you and your friend doing this, taking down the champs one by one.
• If you have more than 2 people doing this at a time you will kill the champs too quickly and will have to sit around, rather than having a continuous and seemingly endless stream of champ farming.
• If you’re new or you’re rolling a new character, you don’t have to feel guilty or weird for asking your friend with a level 80 character to help you and farm with you as they will also be receiving their own champion loot bag.
• There’s a Vista and a Rich Iron Node right by the Spider champion, so you need to go through this cave anyway for Gendarrann Fields map completion.
• I recommend level 20+ because even if you’re that low, your level 80 friend will prob have aggrro 95-99% of the time anyway, so you don’t have to worry very much about dying. (The lower your level, the more I’d recommend you do this with a Guardian friend, however)
• You don’t need to have some high amounts of magic find or luck to make money from this. I got lucky (with only 33% magic find) and was able to loot a Lord Taeres’s Shadow (yes, I know Taeares’ is misspelled by ANet, lol) at level 40 (I kid you not ?)
• If you want to bond closer with a friend or just want to blow off some steam or “waste’ some time, this is perfect. You guys won’t have to be in any sort of rush mentality, just hanging out with your best friend (or maybe your friend who is new to the game ?) and having a wonderful time making money, getting a bit (only a bit) of exp, and praying that within one of the bags will drop a champ bag weapon.

The benefits are pretty much endless, to be quite honest, which is why I highly recommend following this guide ? Thank you guys for watching and for all of your support.

The Guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJdRtOe16PY&feature=youtu.be

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Duo is too hard, im a noob and I can’t dodge . I’m so used to press 1111 behind a blob. Sorry but this guide is for pros only .

Jaed.9823

If you have issues with dodging then have you tried partnering with a friend that has a good amount of stability-giving moves?

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

a t s e simply hates champ farming, which you can see from other threads where he/she comments. Attempt at sarcasm from a t s e.

It’s cool of you to post a guide. Even with the nerf to champ box actual silver, it’s a good way to make decent gold in an efficient manner.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Jaed.9823

Indeed, even if I never champ farm that spot again, me looting taeres’ shadow pays for a lot

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

a t s e simply hates champ farming, which you can see from other threads where he/she comments. Attempt at sarcasm from a t s e.

I’m still drafting my guide on day trading on the TP, “Low Risk Day Trading – 10 Minutes a Day = 20% Profit”

He/she will hate that more.

The Burninator

Jaed.9823

Any other thoughts about the guide, guys?

Posted by: Smiley.5376

Smiley.5376

Gj for making the price go down and the area crowded

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have a better guide:

1 – Have a friend who is level whatever and up to the level 76 personal story,
2 – Have that friend choose “The Ossuary” quest.
3 – Run through this story killing the 3 easy champs (with the help of a small group of npcs).

4 – After killing the 3 champs, leave the instance and repeat.

Benefits:

1 – NO way point costs what-so-ever to reach any of the champs besides the intial ONE waypoint to get to the quest start area.
2 – The champ bags are ALWAYS gilded.
3 – There is NO spawn times since it is an instance.
4 – All 3 champs take 8-10 mins max.
5 – This can be soloed.
6 – You also get tons of Moldy bags with the champ boxes.

Enjoy.

EDIT: btw ty very much OP for making your guide! Sorry I kind of high-jacked it tho, but thank you still none the less.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Carize.8532

Carize.8532

I think it’s a fun guide. My buddy and I just did it with a 63 warr and a 30 guard. We died (ok, I died) once, but that’s because of the knockdown/pile-on from the extra troll mobs. Thanks for posting this!

Bianca Helios, Ele :: Ganna Shouztu, Ranger :: Selad Mahen, Necro :: Rowan Nightseer, Warr
Melodic Whisper, Thief :: Mephelotic Phantasm, Mes :: Xoboda, Guard :: Plikkik, Engi
Jade Quarry since launch then I started wandering the borderlands of Yak’s Bend

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

I’m beautiful =3

… I mean… thanks for the guide!

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Jaed.9823

I have a better guide:

3 – Run through this story killing the 3 easy champs (with the help of a small group of npcs).

Benefits:

1 – NO way point costs what-so-ever to reach any of the champs besides the intial ONE waypoint to get to the quest start area.
5 – This can be soloed.

Enjoy.

EDIT: btw ty very much OP for making your guide! Sorry I kind of high-jacked it tho, but thank you still none the less.

Haha, wow, it’s fine. I never knew about that one, and geez.. I’d be a little scared to advise this to anyone to be honest, as it could be seen as exploitation >.< But still, sounds crazy amazing.

I think it’s a fun guide. My buddy and I just did it with a 63 warr and a 30 guard. We died (ok, I died) once, but that’s because of the knockdown/pile-on from the extra troll mobs. Thanks for posting this!

It was our pleasure making it, and I just love helping the community. Lol, those knockdowns can be pretty dangerous, I almost burst out laughing within the first thirty seconds when my warrior got caught in one of the cave troll’s AoE(watch the first 30 seconds of gameplay) and was knocked down. I was like “Really? I’m about to make this guide and warning people about not getting knocked down, and my warrior gets knocked down”, it was priceless, but I managed to contain myself XD

(edited by Jaed.9823)

Paulytnz.7619

I have a better guide:

Benefits:

5 – This can be soloed.

Enjoy.

Haha, wow, it’s fine. I never knew about that one, and geez.. I’d be a little scared to advise this to anyone to be honest, as it could be seen as exploitation >.< But still, sounds crazy amazing.

It was our pleasure making it, and I just love helping the community. Lol, those knockdowns can be pretty dangerous, I almost burst out laughing within the first thirty seconds when my warrior got caught in one of the cave troll’s AoE(watch the first 30 seconds of gameplay) and was knocked down. I was like “Really? I’m about to make this guide and warning people about not getting knocked down, and my warrior gets knocked down”, it was priceless, but I managed to contain myself XD

Once upon a time (about a year ago) I discovered farming BLTC chests via the lvl 10 quest and thought it could be classed as an exploitation. So I sent a ticket to Anet to ask them if so, they replied no which I still have the reply of. I would think this is a similar situation.

It’s not that much better than the current farming champ method but it is atleast soloable at a decent difficulty as well timeframe. Also some while ago the very first abomination that you killed which was weak and did not fight back would also drop a champ box. Anet quickly fixed that so it does not anymore so I am sure they are aware that people are or could farm this how I described.

This game actually needs mini raid type situations like this which can be fun, rewarding and something to do now and then for a quick pace of the game.

If I am wrong and this could be considered an exploit feel free to set me straight Anet. I didn’t bother to send in a ticket this time because I don’t see it as an exploit. There is risk involved, those roaming Abominations can easily wipe your party.

Lastly I don’t farm this anymore simply because I see farming BLTC keys as far more profitable, but of course that is RNG and lucked based. :P

Jaed.9823

@Paul
It’s interesting all the methods of farming there are in this game, and I do plan on bringing guides and help to those new to the game or just making new characters

Posted by: Master Yi.6129

Master Yi.6129

I never really noticed that lol. I might as well add this: there’s also another champ spider under the house west of where you farm. The house I’m talking about is the one with the heart, and to get to it, its outside.

Paulytnz.7619

@Paul
It’s interesting all the methods of farming there are in this game, and I do plan on bringing guides and help to those new to the game or just making new characters

I totally understand that’s why I added my info as well because I too like to let others know of things that we can do in game that they may not be aware of. So feel free to add my info to any of your guides anywhere.

Jaed.9823

Definitely appreciating all the input and advice from the community, and Paul, I’ll be sure to fit it in

Jaed.9823

Get ready for the new guide. Oh, and there’s a giveaway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc0DZvV0Sug

Posted by: Arthos Ravron.3796

Arthos Ravron.3796

The main thing I like about this is the fact that I don’t need to waste money on WP’s

Commander of FoW, Lieutenant of [AKP], and Proud Human and Guardian

“Humanity cannot grasp Utopia for it refuses to be worthy of it”

Jaed.9823

Any criticisms and thoughts?